Statistics

250,908 members
128,127 posts
  • New
    Dale1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-25

Hi,
    When I install the drive for the DN9630 my computer see it as a 2 in 2 out device.
    I am using Pro-tools, DN9630 is connected to a X32 mixer.
    I am using ASIO4all so that I can use the PC audio hardware for local outputs in the recording room. Computer is running windows10.
    Any help would be appreciated,

read more...
    0 6
    • Dale1
      Paul_Vannatto Don't use ASIO4ALL. It messes up the DN9630 ASIO drivers.
      • Sep 25
      • DN9630 driver problem
        Dale1 Hi Paul, my problem is that I need a way to combine two audio interfaces. I am in a remote room and need to heard in that room. So I am trying to use either combine the 9630 with a locate USB audio interface or God forbid, the PC audio hardware.
        • Mon at 7:22 AM
    • Dale1
      Paul_Vannatto Unfortunately Windows has never allowed using multiple audio interfaces at any one time (Mac and linux will). ASIO4ALL is a WDM kludge at best (always has been and will be) and has a nasty side effect of messing with other audio drivers.

Have you tried the latest DN9630 USB drivers (5.12) found here:
      https://www.klarkteknik.com/product.html?modelCode=P0BRT
      One of the points in the TUSBAudio_history.txt is
      * Chg: one channel can be part of more than 4 sound devices now
      • Mon at 8:52 AM
  • New
    KK01
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-21

Hi all,

As I so far cannot seem to find the answer to my question on using search engines or Youtube for it, does anyone know the (major) differences between the

• Xenyx QX1204USB
    • Xenyx X1204USB

If I'm not mistaken the "QX" has the Klark Teknik effects, a wider display and the wireless USB port for a compatible mic.

Anything else? I guess what causes most of my confusion is that the "QX" retails at a slightly lower price than the "X" model.

I have the QX1202USB now, used to facilitate Zoom sessions for church. Looking to upgrade to a model that has mute buttons and also more channels while I am at it. :) Suggestions for other models are more than welcome.

Thanks in advance for your input on this.

Have a great day.

read more...
    0 20
  • New
    bushy
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-21

I am using the audio interface of a Xenyx Q502 USB to connect a PA system to a Windows 10 computer for hybrid Zoom meetings.

The 2-track output of the Q502 is connected to an auxiliary input on the PA and a line output on the PA to the 2-track input. There are no other inputs/outputs to the Q502 apart from the USB.

The system has worked for a number of meetings without any problems.

Yesterday evening we suffered echo/feedback when using the mics on the PA. The echo continued after switching off the mic and turning the auxilliary input gain or PA speaker volume down to zero. The only way to stop it once it had started was to turn the Main Mix fader on the Q502 down to minimum.

Any suggestions as to the cause/prevention would be appreciated.

read more...
    0 5
    • bushy
      bushy Resolved: Having Windows Sound Settings open creates the echo. After closing the Sound Settings window an associated host process continues to run. To stop it I have to open Task Manager and end the host process that shows in the running Apps list.
      Hopefully, Monday's meeting will run smoothly and I can concentrate on hosting the Zoom session rather than managing the audio settings to minimise the echo.
      • Sep 26
  • New
    Gsparkie
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-09-07

I have has some issues with Logic and wanted to see if Window 10 would be worth trying to do live recording. I can't seem to see more the 2 tracks from the USB connection to the XAir18. I back dated the Behringer drivers (as someone had suggested)and now a can see still only 2 tracks, but I can select tracks in pairs to only 2 at a time from input 1-8, still no way of recording a live band. Plugging the same USB in the IMac, all tracks are set up and there, no issues on the XAir18 side. I'm having problems thinking only Mac's can work DAW with XAir18's. I also tried the ASIO, but can find the WIN10 that works.

read more...
    0 17
    • Gsparkie
      Paul_Vannatto Try using Reaper (www.reaper.fm) with the latest X-Air ASIO drivers (4.59). Don't use ASIO4ALL.
      • Sep 7
    • Gsparkie
      Gsparkie

I guess the Xair 18 just in a Mac thing! So no one has these guys working with Windows 10?

• Sep 15
  • New
    PedroCiarlini
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-08-26

Hi guys.

I'm about buy a new Apple MacBook model with apple silicon processor (M1) and BigSur OS... is the XR18 compatible with this new architecture/OS? I need to use the XR18 as an audio interface, plugged on que macbook through USB (and all needed adapters, of course).

The same question to the MOTOR 61 controller... works fine?

Cheers.

read more...
    0 18
  • New
    t8bloom
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-23

Hi, I just got my X-Live installed into my XR32 and am interested in multi-track recording when my band plays live.  I use a laptop with Reason for backing tracks and effects processing of some channels that is attached through the USB, and this works well.  When I went to do a test recording in X-Live I found that my effects processing returns were not recorded, but rather the clean unprocessed input.  Is there a way to set the taps for the SD recording to mixer channels rather than the raw inputs?  Is there a specific documenation that shows where the 32 channels of the SD are tapped from?  It would appreciate your help understanding the routing options that might be here.  Thanks!

read more...
    0 16
    • t8bloom
      Nigel67 Hi t8bloom,. There is a block diagram of the X32 on page 70 of the operators manual.
      https://mediadl.musictribe.com/media/sys_master/h9b/h22/8849399545886.pdf
      The tap is set post the analogue gain. To be able to adjust the tap point you will need to use the 16 Bus Outputs and 16 Ultranet Outputs. in the Bus Outputs, assign the Direct Outputs for the first 16 inputs. You are then able to set the tap point you require. Do exactly the same in the Ultranet routing page but this time assign the 17-32 input channels. In the Card routing, assign Out 1-8, 9-16 for Outputs 1-8, 9-16 and assign Ultranet 1-8, 9-16 for Outputs 17-24, 25-32
      • Aug 22
    • t8bloom
      t8bloom Thank you Nigel67, I think this will work out perfectly for me. I'm using the first 8 channels for loop-through the USB to Reason, the second 8 for in-ear monitor mixes, but the final 16 are free for the ultranet post-fader method. That gets me enough channels to record everything I need. Looking forward to testing this at our next rehearsal. Thanks!
      • Aug 27
  • New
    MikeWazowski
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-16

Hi

Our church are installing a new Wing soon, we have designed the system around using Dante to link out to a PC for recording and a Stream mix. 

Where would be the best place to purchase the Wing-Dante Card do any suppliers have them in stock?

Mike

read more...
    0 21
  • New
    Joinville
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-08-11

Good Day,

Is it posible to send audio signal to a Computer which is 40 mts away from my M32c using Cat5?

0 36
    • Joinville
      RexBeckett Hi Joinville, you could use a KT DN9630, positioned close to the PC, to do this. This device converts AES550 to USB 2.0 and provides a 48 channel bi-directional interface. AES50 can work through upto 100 meters of shielded Cat5e cable.
      • Aug 11
      • M32C for Streaming
        KevinMaxwell I had to look up what the KT DN9630 is and that looks like a very interesting device. It has a control data port on it do you know if this is duplicating the Ethernet port on the back of the mixer so you could use X32 edit on the computer to control the mixer with that port?
        • Aug 11
      • M32C for Streaming
        DavidKnighton Hello Kevin, the control data port was intended for use with remote preamps, but the concept was abandoned. Now it's just a center piece for discussion.
        • ·
        • Aug 11
      • M32C for Streaming
        Joinville Thank you Rex.
        • Aug 20
  • New
    thomaudio
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-08

Bonjour, je m'appelle Thomas et je donne des tutoriels sur youtube en francais concernant la x32 et autres matériels. Les vidéos sont dédiées aux débutants.

Bon Visionnage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvcwwyLKer8

read more...
    0 33
  • New
    GioBlackmon
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-19

Is there a quick fix to correct my AES50 inputs if they are red? I have two SD16s and can't connect with either one on A or B. When I connect to A the error says 'X32' and stays red. When I connect to B, A says 'X32' and B says 'SD16' and stays red.

read more...
    0 36
    • GioBlackmon
      Paul_Vannatto Make sure that the AES50 cable is connected to the S16 port A and the S16 is in mode 1 (no lights on SN Master, Out+8, etc.) and the X32 is set to master clock (sync is internal).
      • Jul 19
    • GioBlackmon
      GioBlackmon

I've had these SD16s for about two years and they have worked flawlessly for me. Now when I plug into AES50, it flashes for n/n quickly and the light is green. When I go to AES50 B, both AES50 A and B are red and the SD16 flashes red on the B side.

• Jul 19
    • GioBlackmon
      Paul_Vannatto The AES50 cable has to go into the S16 A port only. It will not sync in the B port.
      • Jul 19
Go to page