Statistics

250,908 members
128,127 posts
  • New
    miroslavsur
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-19

Hallo, -I `ve got the same problem with my  new DL32  as Andreas G03 - this time Beheringer Wing does`nt recognize Dl 32 after I tried to update the firmware to v. 1.8 / no sync between DL32 and Wing //. Does anybody have solution for this issue, or do I have to send it back to the seller and get the new one. Thanks for Your suggestions. Miroslav Sur /  Slovakia /

read more...
    0 118
    • miroslavsur
      KevinMaxwell Have you tried reloading the DL32 V1.8 firmware? A corrupted download can sometimes be a problem. Or even loading the previous DL32 firmware version V1.7. I remember there was a time (maybe on the X32) that it was recommended that you change the sample rate (clock rate) on the console to the other setting and then back again while hooked up to the stage box and it then might work. When you updated the firmware did your computer tell you that the update was successful? Did the DL32 work with the WING before you updated it?

I don't see a post be anyone else (Andreas) about this problem. can you post a link to that message?
      • Jun 19
    • miroslavsur
      KevinMaxwell Miroslavur sent me the following in Messages but He may have intended to post the following here.

>>>>>>>; I tried to downgrade firmware back to v.1.7 from v 1.8 several times - it did not work. One of my colleges told me to do update on PC with WIN XP- I`ve done that too. From the very beginning DL 32 did`nt show any sync on. When I switch DL32 on , just MUTE ALL red led control is on, but never AES50 SYNC.- no red, nor green. I`m using 50m pro snake CAT 6E cable from Thomann brand new. I even tried to change the clock rate from 48k to 44.1 and back , it did not help -Sync source to AES50A - and back to internal- nothing. Strange .
      <<<<<<<<

Are you saying that this DL3 used to work with this WING and it stopped working after you updated the Firmware in the DL32? What version of firmware is loaded in the WING?

Did you download the DL32 firmware again from the Midas website? Or have you been trying to reload the same version that you originally downloaded?
      • Jun 20
    • miroslavsur
      miroslavsur

Hi Kevin, I have to say, that first thing after I`ve unpacked DL32 was updating the firmware and just after that I connected DL32 to Wing for the first time .I realy don`t know what firmware version was installed in DL32 previously. But one thing is clear- updating procedure did not run correctly- in the end of updating procedure from PC I`ve got a message that unit in USB port was not recognized. By the way, I have downloaded the firmware now from site midasconsoles.com and tried to update the FW again- with the same result. I`d like to thank You kevin again for Your help- / the worst thing is that this item is`nt available for the time beeing- Thomann says 11-14 weeks / Regards Miroslav Sur

• Jun 20
      • behriger Wing does`nt recognize Midas DL32 after update to v. 1.8
        KevinMaxwell I wonder if there is a secret multi-button reset mode on power up that will clear out the firmware and let you start again. The message that the USB port was not recognized is a clue. Are you using USB2 or USB3 ports on the computer? Did you plug in the DL32 to the computer with the DL32 off and then turn it on and WAIT? The computer should comeback to you and tell you if there is a port problem but it might take a few minutes. Do you know how to use device manager on the PC and have a look at the port and see if there is a problem?.
        • Jun 20
    • miroslavsur
      miroslavsur Hallo Kevin,
      • Jun 21
    • miroslavsur
      miroslavsur Hallo Kevin, I don`t know about any multi-button reset mode on power up that will clear out previous FW version. Would be nice ,if there was that posibility. I am using / and today again / USB 2 port and I have been waiting a while - 3min / until I started FW exe with no results. I checked USB ports in device manager too -all ok. Thank You again Kevin. Regards Miroslav
      • Jun 21
      • behriger Wing does`nt recognize Midas DL32 after update to v. 1.8
        KevinMaxwell I see that the instructions say “Make sure you have started your Windows session with Administrator access” This has caught me on a few occasions with other programs because I am the only one that uses my computer and I thought I was always running as the administrator. But it turns out certain programs require an additional step to run a program as the admin. Don’t just click on the program but right click and you will see one of the selections that pops up is Run as Administrator. Click on that one and see if you have any luck.

Also isn’t there any Midas / Music Tribe support people on here to suggest what can be done?
        • Jun 21
  • New
    Lucos
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-17

Hello Everybody! 

I have an issue. I want to connect my Soundblaster Z to the Go XLR Mini, in order to have the quality sound of the DAC and manage the sound volume with the Go XLR.

I tried to connect the SBZ Line Out 1 to the Line IN of the GOXLR, but not sound gone throught the channel, then in my speakers/headset.

I cannot connect the optical line because the metal wing that stop the connector is broken, and it unplug constantly, it's not a safe connection.

Then i'm here to understand WHY i doesn't hear the sound. It's a Windows sound setting wrong? It's a connection mistake?

Please help.

I just want the DAC quality sound, and the comfort to manage the sound level and the other channels in case i want to make some streaming. 

Attached a fast draw of what i did. 

Regards and thank you!

Luca

read more...
    0 54
  • New
    DavisClapp
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-06-10

OH well here is the issue, blinking AES 50 light on a SD16 that is inbetween 2 sd 8's that are working fine. I have tried a firmware update, cables and nodda, can I replace the AES 50 port or is that a service repair?

0 41
    • DavisClapp
      Paul_Vannatto Hey Davis, unfortunately I believe the AES50 port replacement is a service repair. Just to verify that the downstream of the AES50 (from the console side of the interconnectivity) is connected to the SD16 A port, correct? The reason I ask is that the syncing can only happen from the A port.
      • Jun 9
    • DavisClapp
      DavisClapp

yes port A from x32 Rack to SD8 A and SD 8 B to SD 16 A and SD 16 B to second SD8 A and the SD 16 has intermittent blinking both units on either side are fine.

• Jun 10
    • DavisClapp
      Paul_Vannatto Thanks Davis for the confirmation. Do you have a case number that one of the techs can look up?
      • Jun 10
    • DavisClapp
      DavisClapp

no they wont answer anymore

• Jun 10
    • DavisClapp
      DavisClapp

that system is noit working and they are not communicating well

• Jun 10
      • Man the CS is bad from this company. 6 emails and months and not even a peep. OH well here is my issue
        DavidKnighton Hello DavisClapp,
        This statement is untrue. We get dozens of cases around the clock and we usually respond within 24 hours. Generally if you don't get a response from us then your email inbox is probably spamming our messages. It's happens quite a bit actually. How about we get your case number and have a look?
        • Jun 10
  • New
    AndrewBroughton
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-06-08

Is there a MacOS app for this device?

0 51
    • AndrewBroughton
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi AndrewBroughton

Unfortunately not, Mac OS has some limitations with how GoXLR works, rather than supporting mac OS with only half the features, we have decided that we won’t support mac OS on GoXLR and GoXLR Mini. Any products that can be fully utilized in Mac we are committed to supporting the best we can.
      • Jun 7
    • AndrewBroughton
      AndrewBroughton

Thank you for your reply. Can you suggest a product like this with MacOS/iOS support?

• Jun 8
  • New
    DavidRChristian
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-07

upgraded to 2.5 and outputs not working. Inputs work fine, Now I can't reload firmware says devise not recognized when connected to usb port on windows 10 pc. this started afer firmware upgrade.

0 45
    • DavidRChristian
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. It's possible that this is a configuration or Routing issue. Check the front panel of your S16 for the OUT +8, OUT +16, SN MASTER and SPLITTER lights. Also check your ROUTING>AES50 page on the console. You can contact our tech support directly by clicking on Support and then Technical Support for further assistance.
      • Jun 7
  • New
    NateBigHouse
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-03

I have a show coming up in a couple weeks and istead of sourcing a x32, would it be possible for me to use my MR18 as a bridge to run more inputs via cat5 in m32 edit.

The band is flying in with a x32 rack for a monitor console and would be sending me (FOH) all sources via cat5.

Would be mixing on my computer from the MR18

Thanks in advance for feedback.

read more...
    0 60
    • NateBigHouse
      Dale_M The MR18 and M32 are not compatible as the MR18 does not have AES50 audio.
      • Jun 3
      • MR18 with M32 Edit
        NateBigHouse I see, appreciate the straight forward response.
        • Jun 3
  • New
    RoelHoekstra
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-31

Hi

I have a question about recording from microfoon channels by usb when i was doing so the phono channels where recorded but my voice between songs not.

I tried different computers and different software but still the same outcome no voice recorded.

Am i missing something here or is it just not possible to do that?

Cheers Roel

read more...
    0 43
    • RoelHoekstra
      DavidKnighton Hello RoelHoekstra,
      If the inputs are all discreet, then you will need to have discreet recording channels in your recording software. I'm only guessing, but I would imagine you're recording a stereo track for the phono but no additional track for the vocal. It would help to know what USB interface you're using and with what recording software.
      • May 31
  • New
    KlausMock
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-05-27

The DN9630 has a connector named "control data". At the moment this connector is useless since there are no applications which supports this interface. As far as I understood this interface should be usefull to connect the DN9630 directly to an AES50 stagebox, e.g the DL32 made by Midas. But since there is no possibility to adjust the Gain and the +48 V setting on the DL32, you cannot use it at the moment. 
    it would be very helpful to have such an app, so that the DN9630 can be 1) the clock master for a DL32 and 2) gives the user to adjust gain an PP settings on the stagebox. I would need it for windows but maybe others also for MacOS.

alternativly, is there a possibility to get the protocol specification for that control data? Maybe someone like me, I am Software developer in my other job, can build such an application on my own.

thank you for your support in advance.

klaus

read more...
    0 86
    • KlausMock
      DaveMorrison I have no knowledge of the control data port, but you can connect the DN9630 directly to an AES50 stagebox, e.g the DL16 and S16. They're the only boxes that can provide sync, and control gain and phantom.
      • May 27
    • KlausMock
      KlausMock Hi Dave, I know that, I successfully connected a DL16 and a daisy chained DL32 and can control all 48 inputs. But using the DL16 to adjust the preamps is far away from user friendly. That is the reason why I asked.
      • May 27
    • KlausMock
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Klaus, I was just told that the control data protocol is not ethernet compatible and the port may even be disabled. Evidently it was a good idea that went nowhere (just like the USB port on the back of the X32 - beside the ethernet port). A better solution would be to house an X32 Rack with the DL32 and connect the DN9630. If only they had developed an M32 Rack...
      • May 28
    • KlausMock
      KlausMock

Hi Paul, sad to heat that this port seems to share the same fate with the remote USB port of the X32. I know that I can manage all with a M32 or X32 in between. So I have to use my M32R, X32 Rack or the WING. I just thought that it would be handy to run the stageboxes with the DN9630 without the need of a mixing console. BTW, I agree with you a M32 Rack would be nice. And I was also disappointed when Behringer stops the production of the X32 core, since the M32C is not a complete replacement even if it codts more than the X32 Core. But thats all other stories;-) Kind regards Klaus

• May 29
    • KlausMock
      DavidKnighton Hello KlausMock,
      Confirming that the port was indeed intended to be used to some fashion, however it was abandoned, probably because it would have hindered console sales greatly. We had a similar thing with DL251 stage boxes and an app called Snake Controller that we no longer support. While the idea itself is novel, it gave users a workaround option to avoid buying into a Midas mixer, which is not a great sales strategy by any means.
      • May 29
  • New
    RegisPlanque
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-05-23

Hi Musictribe community!

I am planning to buy a Klark Teknik DN32-Live to use with my X32 Core.

I plan to build the following setup:

DL32 connected to X32 Core with AES50

Laptop connected to X32 with Klark Teknik DN32-Live USB.

What is not clear for me is the possibilty to do all the following SIMULTANEOUSLY with the X32 Core:

1) to route the first 16 DL32 inputs to my laptop without going thru the mixer (meaning AES50 to DN32-Live USB)

2) to route the first 16 DN32-Live USB inputs (coming from my laptop) to the first 16 X32 mixer inputs.

3) to record the first 16 DN32-Live USB inputs (coming from my laptop) to the DN32-Live SD Card without going thru the mixer.

If it is possible, how should I setup the routing?

I insist on the fact that all this should happen simultaneously.

Thanks for your help!

RP.

read more...
    0 49
    • RegisPlanque
      Paul_Vannatto If by "going through the mixer" you mean going through the channel strips, yes it is possible to do all 3 points. If that is not your meaning, then the answer is no. Since the DL32 is connected to the X32 Core and the DN32-Live is a card inside the console, the signal have to "go through" the console to get from the stagebox to the USB output of the card.

Routing-wise, if you are using the AES50 A port of the X32 Core, go to the Routing section
      Card: assign AES50 A1-8 to the first bank and AES50 A9-16 to the second bank
      Inputs: assign Card 1-8 to the first bank and Card 9-16 to the second bank

My question is why the DN32-Live and DL32, since the X-Live is just as good (other than the Midas name and 10 year warranty) and you are only using 16 channels of the DL32? Would it not be more cost effective to get the X-Live card and a DL16?
      • May 23
      • Routing question with X32 Core, DL32 and DN32-Live
        RegisPlanque Thank you for your reply.
        • May 23
        RegisPlanque First I will answer your questions:

1) As you guessed, by “not going through the mixer” I meant “not going through the channel strips”.

2) I already own a DL32 that I use in an other configuration with its 32 inputs, so I will use it instead of buying a new DL16.

3) And I chose the DN32-Live because I found in my country a store where it is currently cheaper than the X-Live.

I’m sorry to ask you again, but I don’t understand the routing. I understand that this routing is good for the 2 first points :
        1) to route the first 16 DL32 inputs to my laptop without going thru the mixer (meaning AES50 to DN32-Live USB)
        2) to route the first 16 DN32-Live USB inputs (coming from my laptop) to the first 16 X32 mixer inputs.

But I don’t see how it meets the third point:

3) to record the first 16 DN32-Live USB inputs (coming from my laptop) to the DN32-Live SD Card without going thru the mixer.

Can you please explain how the routing you suggest routes the 16 first DN32-Live USB inputs coming from the laptop directly the DN32-Live SD Card?

Thanks in advance!
        • May 23
    • RegisPlanque
      Paul_Vannatto Thanks for explaining why you chose the DL32 and DN32-Live. Not sure why you want such a convoluted routing. But here is how to do it (assuming the DL32 is attached to AES50 A of the X32 Core).

Routing, Card
      * Outputs 1-8 -> Card 1-8 (send laptop outputs 1-8 to SD inputs)
      * Outputs 9-16 -> Card 9-16 (send laptop outputs 9-16 to SD inputs)
      * Outputs 17-24 -> AES50 A1-8 (send AES50 A1-8 inputs to USB (laptop)
      * Outputs 25-32 -> AES50 A9-16 (send AES50 A9-16 inputs to USB (laptop)

Routing, Inputs
      * Inputs 1-8 -> Card 1-8 (send laptop outputs 1-8 to channel inputs)
      * Inputs 9-16 -> Card 9-16 (send laptop outputs 1-8 to channel inputs)

Configure the SD card to record 16 channels only.
      Configure the laptop app to output out USB 1-8 and receive USB inputs 17-32
      • May 23
        RegisPlanque Ok Thanks!

To explain why I need that “convoluted” routing:
        I need to record a band that uses software loopers, so I need to send the DL32 inputs to the laptop that runs those Midi-controlled software loopers and then receive back the looped material to record it to the SD Card. The looped material must also be routed to busses to musicians headphones.
        And I cannot record the looped material on the laptop because the software looper reserves the DN32-Live ASIO inputs for itself and I cannot use those inputs in another recording software.

If I understand well, configuring the DN32-Live to record only 16 channels to the SD card means that channels 1 to 16 routed to the DN32-Live go to the SD card and channels 17 to 32 routed to the DN32-Live go to the USB interface to the laptop? If I am right that is probably the point I was missing. Can you confirm that point?
        • May 23
    • RegisPlanque
      Paul_Vannatto Yes that is correct. It is because the SD interface can be configured to record the first 8, 16 or 32 inputs. So if you only want to record 16, the signals have to go to the first 16 (the Card screen feeds both the USB and SD).
      • May 23
    • RegisPlanque
      RegisPlanque

Thank you Paul!

• May 23
  • New
    TR00PER
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-17

As I can't seem to find in early discussions....

I want to control my MR18 with a XTouch compact.

IF any topics related to my question, please put the link in reply. I can't be the first one to try this :-)

I can make any wifi connections from ipads, laptops to my MR18

I can change some settings in the X-touch editor.

Do I really need MIDI cables to run from X touch compact to MR18, or is it possible over 1 USB cable?

How can I change 1 fader to control a stereo channel on the MR18.

Any suggestions are welcome,

thx

read more...
    0 59
    • TR00PER
      NicJonesMT Hi TR00PPER,

Yes you will need to connect to the MR18 using MIDI cables and then configure XTC to the MIDI implementation of the M air.

If you wanted to connect wirelessly then you would need to use the full size X-Touch in the XCTL protocol, which has been designed to work with X/M Air Mixers.

The only alternative that I can think of would be to use a third party software called OSIMIDI (We do not support this) Which converts MCU messages to General MIDI VIA USB.

If you need further support please submit a technical support ticket.
      • May 18
Go to page