Statistics

250,602 members
127,782 posts
  • New
    JackDemeis
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-03-11

I'm wanting to run a long USB extenion cable from the X32 Rack X-USB for recording to my Mid 2015 MacBook Pro.  It's a 50' USB extension cable powered.  I would like to know if there would be a problem with recording with cable?  Thanks.

0 53
    • JackDemeis
      RexBeckett Hello Jack, long active USB cables have been tried for this but are usually not successful. It would be better to place the PC close to the mixer and control it remotely.

Another alternative is to use a Dante option card in the X32 and then you could record over a network connection.
      • Mar 11
    • JackDemeis
      Paul_Vannatto Another option is the Klark Teknik DN9630
      • Mar 11
  • New
    JackDemeis
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-03-09

Hey All, my question is regarding playing (8) backing tracks thru USB from a Macbook Pro running Ableton Live 10 to the X32 Rack AND simulaniously recording back from the X32 into Ableton 24 tracks.  My questions is there enough bandwidth to do this bi-directional operation?

Macbook Pro Mid 2015.

read more...
    0 65
    • JackDemeis
      PedroRodrigues Hi JackDemeis
      Please consider that if you update the X-USB card to the latest firmware version, present on the product page, you will be able to implement 32 channels, bi-directional audio I/O via USB 2.0 serial bus for Mac computers or Windows based applications, and also perform remote operating your DAW via HUI/Mackie Control emulation.
      The high speed 24-bit signal transmission and ultra-low latency ASIO drivers and Core Audio compatibility also allows inserting audio plugins on your PC to perform advanced outboard processing.
      • Mar 9
  • New
    jon9max
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-03-07

I use a DL32 with a M32C. I am trying to update the firmware on the DL32. I follow the instructions and I cannot seem to do it. If I look at the device manager it says dL32 1.06. When I go through the process as instructed It says DL32 1.06 ready to use. I am trying to update to 1.8. Unfortunatly the only way to do this is with a windows computer and the process seems goofy and there is no way to tell if anything is installing, installed or anything. I tried getting the 1.7 to install that first, incase it had to do that? but that also does the same thing. I am using windows 10. There also seems to be no way to find out on the dl32. (that I know of) if I plug the DL32 into my mac and look at what is on the port it also says DL32 1.06. Does anyone have a better way of doing this of a mac version? Thanks-John

read more...
    0 76
    • jon9max
      Paul_Vannatto Do you have the USB cable plugged into a USB 3.0 (blue) port on the computer by chance? If so, that will probably be the problem. It needs to be plugged into a USB 2.0 (black) port
      • Mar 7
    • jon9max
      dragosjustin I had the same problem. I used my wife's surface pro 7 to try and update it but kept saying DL32 not in bootloader mode or something like that. I ended up installing WIN10 on my Mac pro using bootcamp and updated it that way. Pretty annoying but got it updated. That was my experience.
      • Mar 7
  • New
    Sammyboy129
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-05

Hey friends, looking for some help here. My goxlr mini crashes my audio whenever it does it's auto update. Very confusing and sporadic as well. I'm running the newest software but am becoming extremely frustrated. Looking for any help possible. 

I'll be in the middle of a game, I hear the auto update, it seems like it resets my audio but I'll lose mic function, it'll send all the sound through my monitor speakers, then it will come back many times but sometimes it won't. I'll have to restart discord or the game I'm playing. It's not just discord. It's also any game that has game chat and only happens when the app tries to run auto update 

read more...
    0 57
    • Sammyboy129
      PedroRodrigues Hi Sammyboy129 Please download the newest version of the App by following the link below:
      https://wsi.li/dl/3vy826KyJCZbYYsSt/
      If you continue to have issues on the new version, we have seen this with users that get an IPV6 IP from their ISP. Disabling that in windows would fix it.
      • Mar 10
    • Sammyboy129
      TimRoyDeVries i have the same problem i have a go xlr mini and it crashes everything i managed to block the internet myself but every time it automatically searches for update i have tried many software updates but every time it crashes everything
      • Jun 3
  • New
    Thxapproved
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-01

I have a Klark DN32-LIVE installed in a Behringer X32. Works just fine. However, I was having a minor problem working with the files in Adobe Audition. Turns out, even though the output of the DAC's on the X32 are 16-bit, the multi-track WAV files are recorded in 32 bit integer. Can anyone explain why the DN32 would...

• Record at a bit depth different from the source?
    • Record as integer, rather than float (as it is doing 32-bit)?
    • Not have a way to change recording parameters for bit depth?

Thanks for any insight that can be provided.

read more...
    0 52
  • New
    cduetsch
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-02-23

I am feeding Adobe Audition from my X32 USB Card and finding the volume to be way too low.  I have fed the AUX 1-6/M ports into Card Output 17-24.  The meter on my board show Aux5/6 peaking at -7.5 - -2.5 dB.  But the DAW is seeing it but at a low volume.  The Hardware settings so far are on ASIO and I have turned the channels (23-34 in this case) to record, but still pretty low.

Any pointers? 

Chris

read more...
    0 43
    • cduetsch
      RexBeckett Hi cduetsch, the signal block labelled Aux 1-6/M are the Aux outputs as defined on Routing -> Aux Out. The signal level will depend on the selected signal-tap (Pre EQ, Post EQ, Pre Fader, Post Fader).

If you want to send the unprocessed Aux inputs to the Card, use the signal block AuxIn 1-6/T. These signals should be at the levels shown by the input meters.
      • Feb 24
      • X32 Card USB Output volume low into Adobe Audition DAW
        cduetsch Thanks RexBeckett for clarifying for me. This brought me down another rabbit\s hole unfortunately. I'll start with your second point on using Auxin 1-6/T.

- Routng-Card-Outputs 17-24 set to Auxin 1-6/T. Source is a PC running an MP3 plugged into RCA jacks Aux 5/6. Channels unmuted, Faders at 0dB and I hear output coming out of Main L/R.
        Result: nothing going to USB Output channels 23/24.
        - In your scenario: Routng-Card-Outputs 17-24 set to Aux 1-6/M. Source is a PC running an MP3 plugged into RCA jacks Aux 5/6.
        Result: signal going to USB Output to channels 23/24 but at very low volume - BUT - is affected by MAIN L/R volume. If I turn the Main up to -30db, I am getting increase to about -36 dB showing in my DAW - I did not expect that and would not want that.

I have tried playing with the Routing-AUX Out section - just not sure what to there in terms of actual assignment.
        • Feb 25
        RexBeckett If you route AuxIn 1-6/T to Card Out 17-24, Aux input 5/6 would be on USB tracks 21/22. USB tracks 23/24 would be fed from Talkback inputs.

If you route Aux 1-6/M to Card Out 17-24, USB tracks 23/24 would be fed from the Monitor mix.
        • Feb 25
        cduetsch Ach - I don't know how to count! Solved it: Output went to channels 21/22 properly when Using AUXIN 1-6/T.
        • Feb 25
        cduetsch ...and when I was using Aux 1-6/M the reason I was seeing this show up in my DAW on channels 23/24 is these must have mapped to the USB L/R or Aux 7-8, which is also why the DAW saw the changes in volume when I adjusted the Main L/R fader
        • Feb 25
  • New
    UnityofNoise
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-21

i need to know if the XR18 is reported workign for anyone on the new Apple M1 silicon chip?  its not working for me nor can find any sort of driver update or anything.  i'll have to return this computer tomrrow if not, i have jobs waiting on it atm.

read more...
    0 79
  • New
    cduetsch
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-02-20

I only see two inputs appearing in Adobe Audition.  I have installed the X-USB driver and thus control panel.  This is on Windows 10 Home.  How do I get all 32 INputs and Outputs to show up?

0 29
  • New
    bethelmedia
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-13

When I try to update the I/O Box with the Midas IO updater it keep failing. I followed the video instructions and set my LAN IP to local as it states and it see the IO box IP and TFTP server but as soon as I press update I get failed to update.

Latest firmware I can find is  Version G3.4.6 rel-9 from 2019.  Anything more recent being worked on? 

read more...
    0 122
    • bethelmedia
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. 3.4.6 is the latest version of Firmware. Which ID is the DL251 set to? This impacts the IP address. For example ID 1 the IP address would be 192.168.40.1, and ID 2 the IP address would be 192.168.40.2

Do you have a network security/firewall up? Try disabling that as well.

You may wish to contact us directly through the Support link at the top of the page. Click on Support and then Technical Support.
      • Feb 14
    • bethelmedia
      bethelmedia I've tried the different IDs. It sees the IP just fine it's just when I press the update it fails. I'll attach a screen shot.
      • Feb 14
    • bethelmedia
      bethelmedia btw..i only have the IO box. PROXG3.4.6rel-9.tar not the ProX board. if a board is needed then never mind.
      • Feb 14
      • Midas DL251
        KyleJohnson The console isn't needed, that's the correct file. Please do submit a ticket so we can try to assist further.
        • Feb 14
  • New
    flowaudio
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-13

Hello, can i use an Midas DL32 with a Midas Pro2 in combination with DN9650 and a CM1 AES50 Card?

What is happening when i upsample the DL32 to 96 kHz? Do i get two AES50 streams with 16 or 24 channels or one stream with channel 1-24 and a second with 25-32? Or do i get one 24 channel AES50 Stream an lose channel 25-32? Can i still contoll gains over the converted AES50 stream?

And an other question. Can i control the settings of the DN9650 via Macbook?

And can i update and control Pro Boxes like DL231 with a Macbook? 

Nomaly i dont want to get a windows device just to contoll these settings.

cheers

read more...
    0 129
    • flowaudio
      DanielPaine Yes. A DN9650 with AES50 card can bridge a Pro Series to A M32.
      Setting controls for the DN9650 can be done on a Mac or PC connected via network cable and accessed through a browser.
      You can not control preamps through the DN9650.
      Some Pro stage boxes can operate at 48kHz so you can directly connect to M32
      These include DL251,231 &15X series

Bear in mind, the conversion of channels in a DN9650 is 1 to 1, regardless of sample rate. so if to use a KT-AES50 card for M32, you can connect to the primary for 48 bi-directional channels. Using the fixed AES50 ports for Pro series, each connection can only accommodate 24 channels. so port1: 1-24, port2: 25-48.

at 48kHz the KT-AES50 outputs are duplicated on the secondary port. I'm not aware how it deals with inputs but I suspect will be disabled.

Lastly, stage boxes can be updated via a computer using IO Updater, found on the website software section of any stage box.

I hope this answers your questions
      • Feb 15
    • flowaudio
      TobiasWinkl Hi, it ist not possible to use the 48kHz stageboxes DL16/DL32 with the Pro Series Consoles. It works only the other way. You can set the blue ones from 96k to 48k. The Connection has to be direct from the the box to the desk. With the DN9650 and a AES50 card you can downsample the AES50 stream to directly connect a pro desk to a X32/M32.
      • Mar 15
Go to page