Statistics

186,327 members
56,051 posts
  • 2020-10-23

Hello,

We just set up a new M32. EQ'd all instruments and vocals and everyting sounded great. The scene was then saved with all of the scene safes engaged (mistake.) The scene was then reloaded with all scene safes engaged (mistake.) It now sounds terrible like all of the EQ settings were lost. However, when you go to the EQ view for each channel, it appears that all of the EQ adjustments are still there. We have reloaded the scenes multiple times without scene safes engaged with no new result. Any suggestions?

Thanks

read more...
    0 4
    • Jeff Bray
      Paul Vannatto Hi Jeff, safes only restrict the loading of particular sections (that are enabled). When scenes are saved, it saves (almost) all console settings (except some settings on the Setup first 4 screens). That means the EQ's of all channels will have been saved in the scene. Make sure all safes are disabled, including on scene, param safe and chan safe screens before loading the scene. If you want to see what settings were saved in the scene, export it (using the Utility button) and have a look at it with a text editor or Scene Parser (https://sourceforge.net/projects/x32sceneparser/).
      • 6 hours ago
      • Midas M32 - EQ not engaging - Scene Safe issue?
        Jeff Bray Hi Paul, I used your Scene Parser and it looks like everything did save in the scene (thank you for that.) That's good news but I am still at a loss for why the mix now sounds the way that it does.
        • 2 hours ago
      • Midas M32 - EQ not engaging - Scene Safe issue?
        Paul Vannatto Is it actually the scene you saved immediately after fine tuning to the great sound you are expecting? Did it get overwritten somehow by accident? If not, do you have any external processor (EQ, crossover, etc.) that might have changed? One thing you could do is to save your scene file to the cloud (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) and share the link here. That way one of us could have a look and better advise.
        • 14 minutes ago
    • Jeff Bray
      Jeff Bray Thanks Paul. I'll take a look at that.
      • 6 hours ago
  • 2020-10-23

I am an Installer

Just did a new install and it worked OK, all of the first day. Turned it off and came back to do a conference the next morning.

It was OK for about 1/2 hour, but then it lost WiFi and could not get it back. Did a reset on the Pin-Hole with a paper clip.

Nothing. Did a second reset, and it came back to displaying a WiFi address on the tablet. But then of course, all the information from

yesterday was all lost. What is your thoughts on the 

problem with this new X18-AIR  WiFi outputing.  Its very close to the tablet. Less than 10 feet.

read more...
    0 6
    • Jeffery Pratt
      Paul Vannatto If you are using the built-in wifi, don't. It uses the obsolete wifi-G technology and isn't reliable when cellphones, etc. are present. Instead switch the Ethernet setting and use a dual-band (or tri-band) external router instead (the 5Ghz band is preferable).
      • 8 hours ago
  • 2020-10-23

I'm having a problem with the L channel on the output side of the mixer sound is very distorted what could be the problem

0 3
    • GregoryKeith
      Rex Beckett Hi Gregory, there are several possible causes. You may be able to locate the issue with a few tests:

Try reducing the output level with the Main LR fader to see if the distortion changes.

Disable the Compressor and any Inserted FX in the Main LR bus.

Temporarily route the Main LR bus to a pair of Aux outputs to see if the problem is with the physical output. See screenshot of X-Air Edit.
      • 12 hours ago
  • 2020-10-23

Dear Midas People

In order to keep the Setup as Handy as possible, it would be great to be able to play songs of different formats directly from the USB-Stick plugged in to a M32C.

The console is usualy set to 24-Bit. As i understand at the moment only wav-files in 24 Bit can be played from the stick. Would be great if MP3 16-Bit works aswell when console is set to 24Bit. Could you put this in the next Firmware-Update? That would be great!

Thanks and have a good time.

Daniel

read more...
    0 3
  • 2020-10-22

Hello Kyle Johnson, this is saif here . I'm an electronic and sound engineer, studio designer and piano tuner I have midas M32 live and Midas M32R live . Unfortunately One SD card is broken installed in M32 Live and one SD card is corrupt installed in M32R live . I need to fix both consoles .I need your help . 

read more...
    0 7
    • Muhammad Saifullah
      Kyle Johnson Hello Muhammad, could you please contact us through the Support link at the top of the page? Click on Support, then scroll down and click on Technical Support or Service to submit a ticket.
      • Thu at 1:37 PM
  • 2020-10-22

Hello

I have a wierd issue with connecting the X32 Rack to my Mac Pro using ethernet via a switch.

I have an X Touch and that is also plugged into the switch and connects to the X32 with no intervention and no problems.

However, in order to get X32 Edit to find the X32 I have to enter the IP address of the X32 manually into X32 Edit each time, despite having DHCP selected on the X32.

If I connect the 3 ethernet cables into a router rather than the switch, the X32 is found by X32 Edit successfully, without having to enter the IP address manually.

I could just accept that I have to manually type in the IP address each time using the switch - but I just wondered if anybody has any ideas what's going on?!

Thanks

Damian

read more...
    0 9
    • Damian Raistrick
      Paul Vannatto Hi Damian, I would suspect either a duplicate IP address (check last number of each device to make sure there is no duplication) or the switch itself. I have one of my X32 Racks connected to my router via 2 switches (one at the router and one across the room, because I have a Wing and X32 Rack side by side) and have no issues connecting with X32-Edit.
      • Thu at 2:12 PM
      • X32 Rack and ethernet via switch
        Damian Raistrick Thanks Paul. The thing is it does connect fine, but only when I input the X32 address manually into X32 Edit when using the switch. I did read some where that not going via a router and just using a switch can be problematic as far as DHCP is concerned? Most help available online is referring to trying to connect to the internet through ethernet using DHCP - which of course is not relevant here. I'll keep fiddling around with it!
        • Thu at 9:53 PM
        Rex Beckett One difference between a switch and a router is that switches do not usually have a DHCP Server function to issue IP addresses. In your system, the Mac Pro may be acting as DHCP Server (I believe macOS can do this) but it could be the source of your problem. You may get better results if you assign the Mac, X32 and X-Touch fixed IP addresses in the same subnet. e.g. 192.168.0.1, 192.168.0.2 and 192.168.0.3.
        • 16 hours ago
        Paul Vannatto Damian, are you replacing the router with a switch? If so that will be the issue. As Rex mentioned, one of the differences between routers and switches is that routers have a DHCP server and switches do not (almost always the case). You needs a DHCP server located somewhere in your network. The reference I made above included a router and 2 switches in my network.
        • 15 hours ago
    • Damian Raistrick
      NoKey Slabexchange It could be that the switch you use does not support the multicast protocol. I think this is used (as the underlying protocol) in discovery of which mixers are on your network. If you use a simple switch, you might be out of luck for support of it; if you use a managed switch, you may need to enable the multicast protocol under the L2 options.
      • 13 hours ago
    • Damian Raistrick
      Damian Raistrick Thank you sooo much Paul, Rex and NoKey! This just shows up my lack of knowledge of networking! That really answers my problem and makes so much sense why the address has to be entered manually. I can get my hands on a managed switch and will try that. My reluctance to use a conventional router is simply that 2 wireless routers I have tried completely wreck any running of apps on my Mac Pro when connected to either of the ethernet ports! I have tried to find out why this happens without success. Apps either run incredibly slowly or not at all, in Ableton's case - keeps crashing. As soon as I unplug the ethernet from the router all apps run fine. This doesn't happen with the switch. Thank you all once again.
      • 13 hours ago
  • 2020-10-22

Hi I want to use the bcf2000 with my ipad to control soundcraft Ui24 with the Ui midi mixer app but I can't find in the manual how to setup the bcf2000. I can't get Connected via usb

0 6
    • Gert Claes
      Pedro Rodrigues Hi Gert, please be aware that this unit was developed to be interfacing directly with a computer via USB or via a sound card using MIDI connection and not interfacing via lightening connecting like the one present on your IPAD or via any kind of adaptor. Another point to consider is that the BCF 2000 is a legacy unit and when implemented via USB or MIDI will not work on the most recent OS available.
      • 19 hours ago
    • Gert Claes
      Gert Claes Hi Pedro, sorry but you are wrong, a friend helped me out and it does work with iPad and iPhone using Ui midi mixer app, I now can make my own monitor mix for my iem using the bcf2000 connected to ipad or iphone that makes wireless connection to the Ui 24r
      • 19 hours ago
  • 2020-10-22

Hello,

I am using XR18 for streaming. Is there a way to route main Monitor to Aux outputs? I know I can rout it to Phones or to Main Left and Right outputs.

I need that to obiously monitor what is going to my stream but would also want to listen some background music just for myself.

I know that I can createa a separate monitor mix on a buse and then route it to Aux output but then I believe I don't have full Monitor functionality like for example channel soloing is not working.

If this is not possible with current firmware and X AIR Edit app version would it be possible to add such possibility in future releases?

Thank You very much in advance

Best regards

Mike

read more...
    0 7
    • Michal Wyderski
      Rex Beckett Hi Mike, the XR18 cannot route the Monitor bus to Aux outputs but there may be a way around this. You can route the Monitor bus to the Main LR outputs and then route the Main LR mix to a pair of Aux outputs. So by switching the cables between Main and Aux outputs, you should get what you want.
      • Thu at 9:56 AM
      • XR18 Route main Monitor to Aux output.
        Michal Wyderski Hi Rex, thanks for Your suggestion. I have this set up like that right now as I didn't see any other way. I just hoped there is some other way I missed. It works perfect but It just doesn't look "pretty" It would be really great if Behringer add those additional routing options to XR18 as technically I believe it is possible. Thanks again.
        • Thu at 10:47 AM
  • 2020-10-22

Fairly straightforward issue here. Bus 1 is being sent out over the main LR. I looked in 'in/out' (I would normally call this routing in the x32 world, but this is the terminology on xair-edit) and I don't see anything that indicates the two are linked in any way. What am I missing here? 

read more...
    0 9
    • MatthewSimmons
      Paul Vannatto In the In/Out (yes same as Routing in X32), last tab is Main Out. Change the Main to Main LR
      • Thu at 8:58 AM
      • XR18 bus 1 coming out of main LR
        MatthewSimmons That's how it was set. I guess what I meant to say in my OP was that main LR was also getting Bus 1. Like normal LR output was coming out, but when Bus 1 is turned up, its getting that too.

It's mainly an issue because there's a click involved. Obviously want click in the Buses but not in the mains, y'know?
        • Thu at 9:02 AM
      • XR18 bus 1 coming out of main LR
        Paul Vannatto Select the bus master, then select the Main tab on the top (using X-Air Edit). Unselect the LR
        • Thu at 9:06 AM
    • MatthewSimmons
      MatthewSimmons For what its worth, I did look in 'in/out' and I would think if there was anywhere this would be crossed up, it'd be here. But from what I can see its set up right. Is there anywhere else that a bus could be assigned to the main LR?
      • Thu at 8:59 AM
  • 2020-10-21

Hi,

I currently have the xr18 connected to macbook via usb B to C. I have three channels routed to send to the mac(guitar, keys, mic). Is there a way to listen to the three channels through the macbook? Thanks in advance.

0 4
    • Daniel Kim
      Dave Morrison Are you asking about listen to these signals using the macbook's speaker? There are possibilities. Do you want to monitor the DAW's main (or monitor) bus? Can you provide more details?
      • Wed at 9:07 PM
    • Daniel Kim
      Kyle Johnson Hi Daniel, Kyle here with Music Tribe. As Dave mentioned, It's possible to send audio from the XR18 to your Macbook via USB. That being said, the X Air Edit software itself does not actually pass or process audio, it is for control and metering only. To send audio between the XR18 and your Macbook you will need a DAW (recording software) or another software capable of sending and receiving audio. Some examples of a DAW would be Tracktion, Reaper, Audacity, Garageband, Logic, Pro Tools.
      • Thu at 1:53 PM
Go to page