Statistics

206,977 members
78,990 posts
  • New
    edspuzzle
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-15

After a firmware update and factory reset (to version 4.04.1), I'm having two issues I never had before:

1. I'm getting a ton of static through the headphone monitor jack

2. I can't get any of the aux inputs to work. I've used these heavily in the past, so I'm familiar with the routing setup, I'm using TRS cables from a balanced source (though I've also tried with TS cables and an unbalanced source). I know I'm not getting phase cancellation (I can unplug one of two stereo aux plugs with no difference.) Analog RCA doesn't work either

My xlr inputs work fine.

I popped the top from the x32 rack to look for any visible signs/smells, but it looks okay.

In the meters view, the aux ins never show any signal.

read more...
    0 1
    • edspuzzle
      Paul_Vannatto 1. Start muting channels, etc. to find out where the static is coming from.
      2. Check the Routing, Aux Out to make sure that they are not set to Insert. Also check the Routing, Input, Aux In Remap to make sure it is still set to what you expect.
      • 10 hours ago
  • New
    lgovantes1
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-01-15

Please advise when the Flow 8 mixer will be available at the distributors.  I ordered one from Sweetwater back in November and I have not heard when this will be available.

0 1
  • New
    Cirrus747
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-15

Here is a look at the iPhone mount for the Wing mixer. We may start making them if anyone is interested 858 229 0060 

0 3
    • Cirrus747
      Cirrus747 We I’ll also make them for iPads and also a version that will mount and uncounted easy to pack the Wing up.
      • 11 hours ago
    • Cirrus747
      Paul_Vannatto How does the mount attach to the Wing?
      • 9 hours ago
  • New
    PSdrums
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-01-15

Hello guys, I am having trouble with my M32 working with Studio One. I am getting signal out of the DAW in this example a loop.

But it seems I am getting no signal in the Daw and the faders aren`t moving when I slide the m32 faders.

Who can help me with a proper connection. Or isn`t Studio One not the most suitable DAW for the MidasThanks in advance!

BR Peter Steur

read more...
    0 4
  • New
    sethmajor
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-15

Hello everyone. I am trying to set up a Midas Venice U32 to a laptop to stream from through OBS.  When I plugin the USB from U32 to the computer I get a driver error message. I have attempted to locate the correct up to date driver bought cannot get the audio to the OBS system. 

Thank you for any guidance.

read more...
    0 2
    • sethmajor
      DavidKnighton Hello Seth,
      Are you getting any audio into your computer or no audio at all? Does your computer even recognize the U32 as an interface? Are you using Mac or Windows? If Mac, you need to update the firmware via Windows computer in order for the USB to discover on Mac. The update tool is here https://www.midasconsoles.com/midas/product?modelCode=P0AJK under the SOFTWARE tab.
      • Fri at 7:59 AM
      • Midas Venice U32 Driver
        sethmajor No Audio at all. It is recognized in my computer control panel but shows driver error. I am using Windows. I will try the update thank you!
        • Fri at 8:08 AM
        sethmajor When I click on the link it opens to VU24, is it the same driver for the VU32, which is what I have?
        • Fri at 8:09 AM
        DavidKnighton They are the same drivers for either console frame.
        • Fri at 9:24 AM
  • New
    ValeriuM_Trufin
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-01-15

Our church just recieved our Wing console, and I'm trying to find a solution to output one signal Main 3 to multiple locations, with different delays.

We want to send the same mix to lobby / overflow / daycare rooms but because some are in proximity to the main room I want to add to some of the outputs a different delay.

Right now I see I can only set a delay tot he BUS, not to the outputs, like I could on X32.

read more...
    0 3
    • ValeriuM_Trufin
      KevinMaxwell Route your Main3 to the matrix outputs there is delay there and then you also have a separate volume control for those feeds. I would even recommend that your house feed goes thru one of the matrix sends.
      • Fri at 6:24 AM
      • One Main or Matrix bus, multiple out delays ??
        ValeriuM_Trufin I thought so, but I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something.
        • 3 hours ago
  • New
    Kruse
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-14

Hi, I have a very specific use case.

Let's call it a DJ scenario.

I am playing music from Spotify on one channel and on the other I am talking.

When I talk I want the music to be lowered.

Can the X-Air do a sidechain compression so that the input in the mic is controlling the compression on the music?

And is the compressor advanced enough for what I want. I would like a really long release time on the compression so that the music is not hammering up and down with every word I speak.

Other ways of achieving this? And will it work to my satisfaction?

Hope someone out there can help me.

read more...
    0 2
    • Kruse
      RexBeckett Hi Kruse, what you describe is called ducking and yes the XAir mixers have this function built into the Gate section of channel processing. The release time can be set up to 4 seconds and the hold time can be a further two seconds. The source that triggers the ducking can be selected from any of the individual channels or mixbuses and an optional sidechain filter is available.
      • Thu at 7:06 AM
    • Kruse
      Kruse Sounds like I am going to buy a new mixer. Great feature. Just what I need.
      • Thu at 7:39 AM
    • Kruse
      -mjk- That compressor also supports side chaining by key source (on the above screen cap, you can see "Side Chain Filter"). So, you can put the compressor on your music playback channels, and select your vocal channel for the key source. That will make a hole for your vocal channel.
      • Thu at 8:18 PM
  • New
    h941224
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-14

Can I connect this product with a cat6 Ethernet cable?

0 9
    • h941224
      Paul_Vannatto Yes you can
      • Wed at 5:06 PM
      • Behringer P16-M
        h941224 Hi Paul, thanks.
        • Wed at 5:07 PM
    • h941224
      ThomasWilliams If you can find it, go with _Shielded_ Cat 6 cable. I'm pretty sure it is what Behringer recommends. Unshielded may work (I've used it), but Shielded is advisable for longer distances. It is also, unfortunately, a boatload more expensive than commodity unshielded.
      • Wed at 8:19 PM
      • Behringer P16-M
        h941224 Thanks
        • Wed at 8:24 PM
    • h941224
      Paul_Vannatto I'm actually using cat7 cable between my stageboxes and my Turbosound iQ speakers (with Ultranet) and find it works great. All cat7 is double shielded (individual pairs wrapped in foil and braided shielding wrapped around all 4 twisted pairs) and the price is relatively inexpensive (eg. 30' cable for $11.38 CAD).
      • Thu at 6:27 AM
  • New
    MatthewSimmons
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-01-13

Hello there. I use an X32 Rack connected to an S16 for additional I/O. I had occasion to add a Mixbus to one of the outs on the S16 to run an IEM feed for a second drummer we had at a gig. 

The issue was, even though in routing this Mixbus was set to prefader, there were certain things in the mix this drummer couldn't get unless they were turned up in the mains. The specific example in this case was a click track, which is normally turned down in the mains (and also not assigned to the mains, but is usually just kept turned down anyway). Everyone else can just go to sends on faders or use of the 'smaller' apps on their phones and turn the click up, but the person using the S16 couldn't. 

For the purposes of the gig in question we just turned it up in the main mix, which wasn't a problem since it was unassigned to LR, but I'm having an issue understanding why the pre/post setting isn't observed by the S16. Does it have its own setting for that somewhere that isn't accessible in the iOS app? Like do I need to connect a laptop to it to change this setting or something? 

Thanks in advance - 

read more...
    0 4
    • MatthewSimmons
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Matthew, the iOS app (X32 Mix) is a mixing app and does not work well for routing. Either use the front panel or X32-Edit when configuring the routing. I always use X32-Edit (or M32-Edit) for all my setup and routing and using Mixing Station on my tablet for the mixing.

I would say that probably there is a routing issue that you are fighting with. If you can't figure it out, export the scene to a file, zip it and save it to the cloud (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) and share the link here. I'll be glad to have a look and better advise.
      • Wed at 2:24 PM
      • Issue with mixbus using X32 Rack + S16 - Pre/Post issue?
        MatthewSimmons Hi Paul, thanks. I'll have to check it out later as everything is put up at the moment. It just struck me as very odd because I've mapped mixbuses to outs on the S16 in the past and didn't have this issue. I'm thinking its just a pre/post fader issue, but the app thinks its set correctly, so I don't know what to think!
        • Wed at 2:31 PM
  • New
    irodnyc
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-13

Hi Community.

I recently started podcasting and picked up a Behringer XENYX Q1202USB 12-Input, 2 Bus Mixer with USB Output.

im having a hard time connecting my iPhone so that I can record a phone call. I'm connected to a MacBook and using Audacity.

Can someone help me figure out how to make the setup work? I've tried several configurations but can't seem to get it right.

read more...
    0 8
    • irodnyc
      RexBeckett Hi irodnyc, does your iPhone have a 3.5mm headphone socket?
      • Wed at 8:30 AM
    • irodnyc
      Paul_Vannatto Place a pencil condenser mic close to the iPhone's speaker.
      • Wed at 8:30 AM
    • irodnyc
      NicJonesMT Hi Irodnyc.
      You need to setup what is known as a Mix Minus.

To do this you need to get a TRRS to Dual TRS/TS Splitter Cable. Connect the Headphone (3.5mm) port on the phone to the TRRS end, and then connect one side of the Splitter to an input (Headphone side if labelled), and the other side to an output (Mic Side if Labelled) (On the Q1202USB you will need to use the FX Out).

You will then be able to get in signal from the phone into the mixer and send this via USB to your recording software.

For sending Audio back to the caller, you can then raise the FX Send on other Channels that you want the caller to hear. As an example, if you have a mic on input 1, raise the FX Send for this.

If you need any more assistance please feel free to submit a technical support ticket by hitting Support at the the top of the page.
      • Thu at 4:20 AM
Go to page