Statistics

223,462 members
97,656 posts
  • New
    jwidee
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-11

Im looking to purchase the x32 for live sound, can i use a Bus with a computer to mix for live webcasting also? And if so, will I have access to all the features on that Bus to make eq adjustments as needed, and not affect the FOH

0 11
    • jwidee
      Paul_Vannatto Hi John, yes you can use a bus (or bus stereo linked pair) for livestreaming. That is how my church has it setup. If the channel sends are setup with one of the pre-fader taps, respective changes to FOH will not affect the livestream.
      • 7 hours ago
      • x32
        jwidee So I can have one guy mixing live sound for FOH, and use the usb from the x32 to a pc and bring the x32 software up and mix the live stream from there, and have it configured so live mixing does not affect live stream, or Live stream mixing will not affect FOH mixing? Is this correct? I want to have someone mixing FOH and someone mixing Live Stream.
        • 5 hours ago
      • x32
        KevinMaxwell NO!!!
        • 5 hours ago
      • x32
        jwidee Why not Kevin? Explain please...
        • 5 hours ago
      • x32
        KevinMaxwell You would have to do what I mentioned with something like Ableton live unless you want to take a prefader MixBus send and have no processing at all on your streaming feed. If you use less then 16 inputs you could assign each input to 2 different channels and use one set of them to mix the stream and the other to mix the house. Or another way to do it is to use something like the Midas M32c (CORE) and mix the stream thru that and the hose thru the X32. Connecting the M32C to the AES50 on each unit to get the inputs from the X32.
        • 5 hours ago
    • jwidee
      jwidee So, can you control the x32 from a pc?
      • 5 hours ago
    • jwidee
      KevinMaxwell I know a church that has an X32 and they are using Ableton live to mix their streaming feed. The computer is connected to the USB connector on X32 card in the back of the X32. By default the outputs to the USB are pre all processing. They then take the output of that computer to feed the streaming device. This is the simple explanation of what they are doing. The X32 edit software is basically a way to remotely control the X32 it doesn’t take the audio into the computer at all.
      • 5 hours ago
    • jwidee
      Paul_Vannatto The answer to your first question (mix livestream independent to FOH), the answer is yes - with caveats. The answer to your second question (control X32 from a PC) the answer is definitely yes.

The caveats I mentioned is are as follows:
      * Each channel strip has one gate, EQ, compressor, etc. This means that for instance you want separate channel EQ, compressor, etc. for livestream and FOH, you will need to use 2 channel strips (with the same source) where one channel strip will process the signals for FOH and the other process the signals for livestream.
      * The channel strip sends (to the mixbus) taps will determine what channel processing will be included in the processing of the signals to that mixbus. For example, at our church, we have all of the channel sends to mixbus 9/10 (for livestream) set as pre-fader. That means that the gate, EQ and compressor processing for FOH will also affect the signals to the livestream, but not the fader levels, pans, etc. That was our decision for simplicity (livestream techs are volunteers with limited experience with sound). If the taps were set as pre EQ, (and the compressor is set as post EQ), then only the gate processing affects both FOH and livestream.
      * Preamp gain and phantom are pre everything, meaning that changes to these will affect all, including FOH, monitors, livestream, other feeds, etc.
      • 5 hours ago
  • New
    Mike7300
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-10

I have 3 wireless monitor units plugged into the X32 Rack ours 1-6.  All three are using stereo so 2 channels each.  And I'm using Mix Buses 1-6 for those.  So far so good.  But now I have a 4th wireless monitor unit and no more XLR outs so I'm going to Aux outs 1 and 2.  How do I assign Mix Buses 7 and 8 to those outs? Thanks 

read more...
    0 3
    • Mike7300
      RexBeckett Hi Mike, you do that on the Routing -> Aux Out tab. See the attached screenshot from X32-Edit. You can also configure it directly on the console if required.
      • Sat at 3:22 PM
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300 I see it. Do I want it post fader or a different option?
      • Sat at 3:38 PM
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300 Do I need to scan for frequencies everytime I do a show somewhere new? If so is it the same process as I did when setting up the transmitter at my rehearsal space - so scanning then selecting a bank and channel to use? As an FYI only doing local shows 2 hours or less from rehearsal space if that makes a difference.
      • 3 hours ago
  • New
    JoshuaUweye
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-04-10

Hi, Is it possible to use 2 S32 Stage Boxes with the WING Console at the same time? I'm trying to achieve 64 and above channels for use for my choir, If that's possible, what is the process and if not, how do I achieve more than 48 channels on the WING?

read more...
    0 5
    • JoshuaUweye
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Joshua, yes you can use 2 S32 with the Wing. The Wing has 48 channel strips. Each channel strip can be configured as mono (one input), stereo (2 stereo paired inputs) or mid-side (2 inputs setup in a mid-side configuration). That means that if you have 32 mono inputs and 16 stereo inputs, the Wing can mix them.
      • Sat at 1:19 PM
    • JoshuaUweye
      GaryHiggins Wing-Dante expansion card coming soon (can buy now), 64x64 ch, Dante controller to rout, DVS for DAW recording. The Wing being all about sources can direct it all, still can only mix 48 at a time at the surface but the hardware routing should still function device to device within Dante network. You can record 64 ch’s at your DAW. Would take some setup and experimentation for sure, could be interesting. A thought anyway.
      • Sat at 6:42 PM
    • JoshuaUweye
      GeorgeDougherty Yes, you could use 2 S32's. You'll need to use two snake lines and put them on separate AES50 links. AES50 is only 48 channels bidirectional.

If you really need to mix 64 channels, the Wing is not going to fit the bill. You can maybe make up some channels by using stereo channels on piano, keys, possibly OH's but a full acoustic setup with 64 channels for a choir it's a bit much to ask of a 40 channel console. Yes, it can mix 48, but 8 of those are really your aux input type channels without dynamics processing.

A submixer with the Wing or a Midas Pro 2 or better is the only thing in the Musictribe family. Otherwise you're looking at another manufacturer like an A&H DLive, Yamaha QL5, CL3 or CL5, SSL Live console or a Digico to name a few.
      • 9 hours ago
  • New
    FrankdeGroodt
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-04-10

Hi,

I'm looking into getting a Producer but have no need for controlling output channels.

Does the Producter allow me to use the faders on the right side to control input channels?

Thx,

Frank

0 16
    • FrankdeGroodt
      GaryHiggins Yes, fader spill function puts 16 input faders across both fader banks, your choice of banks...however you can quickly adjust any input bank on the left side itself with bank select buttons.
      • Sat at 6:55 AM
      • X32 producer use the output fader to control input channels
        GaryHiggins Also you might want to at least consider the M32R which is the Midas version of the Producer. It is more $ BUT you get a full 10 year bumper to bumper warranty and better preamps (same as Midas Pro mixers), better fader motors and outputs. The Producer is a great board though, don't get me wrong!
        • Sat at 7:36 AM
    • FrankdeGroodt
      Paul_Vannatto The absence of scribble strips on the Producer makes it very difficult to operate. The old method of writing on masking tape is awkward at best, due to the multiple layers. Gary's suggestion of the M32R or even the X32 Compact would be the better choice IMHO. The channel spill that Gary mentioned is also available on the Compact.
      • Sat at 9:21 AM
  • New
    bcolgate
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-09

Howdy.

Long time user, first time poster.

I've had a couple of trouble tickets opened, but never any responses.  One got closed without my knowing, and another that I started at the beginning of the week, well, it's difficult to know if anyone in support is even looking at these things.  There doesn't seem to be a way to get anyone's attention, so I'm trying this.  I need a part for a new, broken XR18.  Seems simple, but without a service manual or a way to get parts, I'm tempted to just throw it in the trash and forget about Behringer.  

Would be so grateful if someone could either point me in the right direction, or confirm my suspicions that end-user part purchasing is discouraged.  If anyone in Behringer want to help, it's ticket CAS-438452-Z0F3C6.  Thanks!

read more...
    0 5
  • New
    FlavioB
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-04-09

Hi all.

I'm running firmware 4.06 and today I tried for the first time to record onto my USB pendrive. It's a 4 GB drive, most probably USB 2.0

I recorded at least 10-15 minutes, but when I transferred the file over to my computer, it showed 4:37... Ok, at first I did not care...

I started playing it with VLC and the file was completely damaged: skipping audio all over the whole duration of the file!!!

Is this a known issue? Any help will be appreciated - TIA!

Flavio.

read more...
    0 10
    • FlavioB
      RexBeckett Hi Flavio, it has been found that this sort of problem is usually due to the USB drive and/or formatting. Try with a good-quality (e.g. SanDisk) USB 2.0 drive of upto 32GB capacity. The drive must be formatted as FAT32 - preferably on a Windows PC. On a Mac, use the FAT32 (MSDos) option.
      • Sat at 3:12 AM
  • New
    tontonpaulo
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-09

I have Wing with Firmware 1.10.1, Copilot 1.6 on Ipad.

There is no way to have it working! Only the Behringer Logo apears then, Black Screen!! My Ipad IOS is 12.5.2, I did the upgrade because Copilot was not opening on IOS 10 to...

Can you help me please ?

read more...
    0 9
  • New
    jaycopenhaver
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-07

Hi. I ordered a Behringer Producer over a month ago. The distributor says these have been backordered for a long time. I need the new mixer for our performance schedule which will be starting soon. Does anyone know when these will begin shipping again?

read more...
    0 8
    • jaycopenhaver
      DavidKnighton Hello Jay,
      Unfortunately logistics and product availability is strictly between the distributor and manufacturer. There's no way for us to find out this information at the moment. Generally speaking though, it can take several weeks, even months for containers to ship from overseas. Customs and ground transportation can also play a large factor. I would suggest reaching out to the distributor/partner for more information.
      • Wed at 11:54 AM
  • New
    harrisonfore92
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-06

Hey there, I just had a question about the behringer “wing”.

Is it able to share the Midas DL32 stage box with a M32 C? For instance the M32 C will be used for monitors and the Wing will be used for front of house split digitally via AES.

thanks! 

read more...
    0 326
    • harrisonfore92
      Paul_Vannatto Yes you sure can, just like you would with multiple M32
      • Tue at 3:07 PM
    • harrisonfore92
      GaryHiggins A Behringer Wing, a DL32 and an M32C walk into a bar and come out lifelong friends!
      • Wed at 12:56 AM
    • harrisonfore92
      KevinMaxwell I guess I will piggyback on this question and ask a few about the same basic thing.

If I have an M32 as a monitor console and a DL32 on stage and a WING at FOH I understand that there are a couple of different ways of wiring it up. What are the advantaged of the different ways? One place I have worked that has that basic setup except instead of a WING they have an M32 at FOH. And they have the DL32 AES50A connected to the house console AES50A and the DL32 AES50B connected to the Monitor console AES50A. I am not sure how they had the outputs configured. I think they had the FOH console using the DL32 outputs to the house speakers and the M32 Monitor console (XLR) outputs directly feeding the monitor speakers. But what is the difference if you have the DL32 connected to just the monitor M32 and then that connected to the FOH console. Would that be DL32 AES50A to the M32 AES50A and the AES50B of the DL32 to AES50A on the WING at FOH. Then how do you get the outputs to the House speakers on the DL32 and the Monitor outputs from the M32 to the Monitor speakers. BTW in this example all of the speakers are powered from Amps on stage.

Now in the OP (original posters) question it might be more like the setup I am thinking about. If I had a WING at FOH and an M32 at Monitor position without a DL32, since a DL32 and an M32c would basically be equal to an M32. I assume I would just hook the 2 up AES50A on stage to the AES50A at FOH. So the question that brings up is how do I route the outputs of the WING to the house speakers and the outputs of the M32 to the Monitor speakers? And actually in my case I would want to send the outputs from the WING to the AES/EBU output on the M32 and at least one output of the WING to an XLR output on the M32. The AES/EBU and the XLR would go to a DSP for the house speakers that I would move from FOH to the stage for this setup.
      • Wed at 7:40 AM
      • A Behringer wing a dl32 and a M32c walk into a bar...
        GaryHiggins Just a few other tidbits...the DL32 and S32 are the only 2 X/M32 stageboxes that allow the inputs to pass from both the A and B sides of it, the caveats in so doing Paul already stated.

With the A/B ports used to each mixer: From the B side of the DL32, any aes50 ch's sent from the Monitor position mixer to FOH (and then on to the DL) are shifted up a whopping 32 ch's. That is because the inputs of the DL itself take up the first 32 ch's to FOH as aes50a 1-32. Technically you could still send outputs to the DL from the monitor mixer position but only the first 16 aes50 ch's will make it and those 16 will be seen at FOH as aes50a 33-48. You could have the FOH mixer relay aes50a 33-48 to the DL XLR outputs or (parts of them)

Hooking up in the traditional way, that is daisy chained, is likely the easier way IF you really need the monitor mixer to control outputs.

EDIT: Forgot one other drawback in doing it like the above, it will put those same 16 ch's from the monitor mixer at the DL32 ultranet port, perhaps not an issue but it could be.
        • Wed at 9:51 AM
    • harrisonfore92
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Kevin,

Gary and I did not go further in our response, since the OP question was "is it possible". To answer your question, you need to understand how the DL32 works, particularly with its AES50 B port. Only the console connected to its A port has access (control) to the input preamps (gain and control) and the outputs. The console connected to the B port only has access to the input signals. What that means is that the B port console cannot send outputs to the DL32 and signals from FOH (eg. talkback) cannot be passed through the DL32.

The other setup with the monitor console in between the FOH and DL32 is much more flexible with signal routing, using the monitor console Routing AES50 along with the new User Out patching. Also preamp control (gain and phantom) can be assigned to either console.
      • Wed at 9:04 AM
    • harrisonfore92
      KevinMaxwell Thank you Gary and Paul. Now I just need to gather all of this equipment together and start to play with the different configurations. I will probably also bring along my SMAART system and test to see if there are any measurable differences and to see if there is any different propagation delay results with the different setups.
      • Thu at 5:54 AM
  • New
    CoffeeLove
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-06

A little help please

So strange, went from an X18 to an XR18 and can't figure out how to get a "post fader" signal at channel 16 change volume/output for bus 6 (fader does nothing). That is, I get increased signal by adusting the main fader for bus 6, and the channel when bus 6 is selected, but not through adjusting the channel 16 fader, which I had previously on the X18. I want to be able to control it on the Bus itself, and the channel 16 main slider where the kick mic is plugged in (not going through mains L/R, just the Bus). My signal is weak, and the powered sub normally kicks hard.

Any help would be great

read more...
    0 18
    • CoffeeLove
      RexBeckett Hi CoffeeLove, here's how to do it using XAir-Edit:

Select the channel (16) and open the Sends tab. Set the signal-tap for Bus 6 to Post Fader. See attached screenshot.

If you don't want channel 16 in the Main LR mix, turn it off in the channel's Main tab by clicking the LR button. See second screenshot.
      • Tue at 2:34 AM
      • How to get main channel fader to also control Aux/Bus Output? For Kick Drum
        CoffeeLove O my goodness, that seems easy enough. I was already on that screen.when I turned of the sub to mains L/R, should have seen the post fader option, my bad.. Thanks for your help. Rodney
        • Tue at 6:50 AM
Go to page