Statistics

289,000 members
171,459 posts
  • New
    GruberSaberhagen
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-06-22

It would be really handy to have the name of the currently loaded snapshot visible somewhere - does that already exist and I've not found it or should it be on a wishlist?

Scott

0 6
    • GruberSaberhagen
      Paul_Vannatto Currently the only place you can see which snapshot has been recently loaded is on the Library screen (current snapshot turns orange). Show management is still very basic. A more extensive show management is planned, but no ETA at the moment.
      • Wed at 3:15 PM
    • GruberSaberhagen
      GruberSaberhagen

I've not noticed that it turns orange? ~I'll check later. Thank you for this swift reply, much appreciated

• Wed at 11:05 PM
    • GruberSaberhagen
      GruberSaberhagen When you start the Wing it loads the last session snapshot - but doesn't highlight in orange which snap that actually is in library. If you load a presaved snap, then it does highlight it in orange, but once you move away and start working, if you get distracted and lose your place and then decide to go to library to save your snap - it doesnt tell you by highlighting in orange the current snap that you are in at the time. So, if you incrementally work on snaps it is not as idiot-proof as Id like it. I'm using it in the studio, multiple snaps for multiple projects with many various but subtley different snaps.......... My old Yamaha AW4416, (20 years old?) was able to reference the number of each scene that the mixer was using in the corner of every screen - shouldn't a 'bang up to date super configurable digital mixer' be able to just reference the current snap in the same way as a graphic? Please dont take this as a massive issue because after a couple of months I'm loving this mixer - it is only a tiny request and I know that most purchasers are using this live so my use for a Hybrid Project Studio ITB/OTB is a bit weird. If I don't ask, I won't get :)
      • Thu at 3:02 AM
    • GruberSaberhagen
      Paul_Vannatto Actually when you start the Wing, it loads the console settings when you last turn it off, which will probably be different than the last saved snapshot. That is why it doesn't highlight any snapshot in orange on boot up. But your feature request has been asked before and will be considered when they do enhance the show management of the Wing.
      • Thu at 4:29 AM
  • New
    Solly7359
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-06-22

I have a channel that we play an IPad through for tracks or background music and it has somehow stopped controlling the volume to the Mains BUS. I now have to adjust iPad volume on the iPad to fade music. Any Help? 

0 4
    • Solly7359
      KevinMaxwell Please explain in detail how you have things setup and also edit you original post here and you should be able to attach your scene file here in your original post. With both of those things we can help you better then just guessing as to what the problem may be. .
      • Wed at 8:07 AM
    • Solly7359
      Paul_Vannatto In all likelyhood you have the X32 inputs (that the iPad is connected to) assigned to more than one channel strip (for each side of the stereo). It's called parallel signal paths. Check all the channel strip sources.
      • Wed at 11:40 AM
  • New
    lhill1palm
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-06-19

I have submitted two tickest to have my x18 repaired but have not received a response from anyone.  I looked up both tickets and they both read resolved. How can that be when noone ever contacted me. ticket number was CAS-607449-C5H2K2. I just submitted a third ticket maybe i can get some action. There is no way to contact anyone except through a ticket is there?

read more...
    0 13
    • lhill1palm
      Nigel67 Hi lhill1palm. I have been checking back through your cases and it looks like a colleague was discussing your unit problem with you back on 17th May and advised that you needed to send it off for repair and gave a link to the repair centres. This was case CAS-600610-W4Z9X3. I also just noticed that the same colleague has picked up one of the duplicate tickets that you have sent in and replied to you yesterday. Its case CAS-608677-W4N7J5. Please can you check your spam and junk folders if his e-mail is not in your main inbox. Many thanks
      • Jun 19
  • New
    qq645377522
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-06-16

Hello everyone,I think  flow8  is a very great product.

Now,I use it to recording some tracks.I found a question.I can't playback in every tracks real time.How can I setting playback not USB 1&2(Main)?Because it sound very bad on site.It's  too bad.

I hope it can develop mic/usb function like mr18.Or is there any other way?

read more...
    0 11
  • New
    Mike7300
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-06-15

I have an x32 Rack and an SD8.  Currently my main speakers are plugged into Outs 7 and 8 in the X32.  Is it possible for me to move those to the first two outs on my SD8 (They would become Outs 9 and 10) but keep all other outputs the same as they are now? 

I have another in ear monitor system that I want to use for those outs 7 and 8 in the X32.

read more...
    0 5
    • Mike7300
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Mike, assuming you are using the Routing, Out 1-16 screen to assign the individual outputs, shift the Main L & R from the outputs 7/8 to 9/10. Then on the Routing, AES50 screen, assign the Out 1-8 and 9-16 to the first banks of outputs of the AES50 A or B (depending on which port you are using on the back of the X32 Rack). Finally, on the side of the SD8 (where the AES50 ports are), change the output switch to 9-16
      • Jun 15
      • X32 Rack Outputs Question
        Mike7300 Should it be virtual outs 9 and 10 that I assign the mains to?
        • Jun 15
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300 How do I get 9-16 to show up in the aux outs? I did everything else you said and all seems good.
      • Jun 15
    • Mike7300
      Paul_Vannatto Yes use virtual outputs 9 and 10. Why are you wanting to trying to add 9-16 to the Aux Out? There are only 6 physical Aux Outs on the back of the console. Please re-read my original response, since I never referred to the Aux Outs. If you want to send the Main LR to the SD8 stagebox, it has to be done via AES50 (A or B). Therefore assign the Out 1-8 and Out 9-16 to the respective AES50 output banks.
      • Jun 15
    • Mike7300
      Paul_Vannatto By the way, when doing routing, I never do it with a tablet. Those apps are designed for mixing, not for setup including routing. I always use either the console interface or the X32-Edit app (for Windows, Mac, linux or Raspberry Pi).
      • Jun 15
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300

Ok thanks. ignore the one for the aux outs - I had meant the analog outs. I got the main LR routed to the stage box with no issue using virtual outs 9 and 10. I rerouted 7 and 8 to mix buses - all seems correct but those mix buses aren’t getting an signal coming through when using my in ear monitor.

• Jun 15
  • New
    Derbae
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-06-15

My mixer is jumping tracks, the screen is not movable. And the calibration of the screen is off. Needs to be fixed. Thanks 

0 9
    • Derbae
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. To submit a service request please click on Support and then Care/Service and submit your information.
      • Jun 15
  • New
    k3pto
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-06-15

I have been using an X32 for about 3 years and have two questions:

1) why you would use a Matrix Mix instead of a Mix Bus?

2) when using a Matrix Mix, how can I see on a meter what level is being sent to the output?

0 8
    • k3pto
      Paul_Vannatto Channel signals are sent to mixbuses (including the Main LR and MC). Mixbus signals are sent to matrixes. So if you want to combine multiple mixbuses, you would use a matrix (or matrix pair).

If you want to see the matrix levels (meter), select the 4th layer (Matrix 1-6 Main C) of the right group of channel strips.
      • Jun 15
    • k3pto
      k3pto Hi Paul, Thank you for the reply. Since all inputs are available to all MixBuses, why not simply use another MixBus with the desired inputs? The meters for the individual Matrix Mixes do not have much resolution. Also they display the input level to the mix - not its output.
      • Jun 15
    • k3pto
      Paul_Vannatto An application example for a matrix is a typical smaller church setup. Some inputs go to the FOH speakers, others do not (eg. drums, piano, etc.). But these are needed for hearing assist or livestream output. The non-FOH inputs can be sent to a mixbus stereo linked pair, then both Main LR and non-FOH can be sent to a matrix stereo linked pair to be outputted for hearing assist and/or livestream.
      • Jun 15
  • New
    AndrewGoodman
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-06-15

On the WING there are three SOLO modes: LIVE, STUDIO, SIP.

In LIVE and STUDIO modes, the solo is in MONO (before the panning), but it works like I expect a SOLO to work (ie only affects the Monitor bus).

In SIP mode, the SOLO is in stereo with each channel panned to the correct stereo position in the monitors.... however it MUTES all the other channels on the MAIN bus while SOLOing!

This is no good as I've just done a full mix-down and the MAIN bus was recorded with all the other channels MUTED when I was soloing something.

How can I SOLO in stereo without affecting the MAIN bus?

The X32 can do this - hard to believe the WING cannot.

read more...
    0 12
  • New
    MaciejKamil
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-06-13

Hi there!

- separate polarity flips on a stereo channel - so U could fix problems easily
    - delay balance/ separate delays on stereo channel - so U could add color and/or fix problems
    - ability to turn on/off a send from a specific channel  - definable on user keys
    - more accuracy on output delay knob (matrices,mains) - hard to time align sources, turning knob cranks up the value to fast
    - DL15X "AES B" option for 48k operation
    - more "swing" for the balance on stereo sources (+/-9 dB is not enough)
    - ganging
    - on sends page, when selecting buses 1-8 buses 9-16 should be displayed along with the matrices and the other way round
       when selecting buses 9-16 buses 1-8 should be displayed along matrices when on sends page
    - solo in place should include side chain listening

read more...
    0 17
    • MaciejKamil
      Nigel67 Hi MaciejKamil. Many thanks for your customer enhancement requests. I will pass these on to the Design Team for further discussion and implementation. I have one question about your DL15X request. Is this so that you can connect boxes up in series similar to the DL/S32, DL/S16 stage boxes? Many thanks
      • Jun 13
      • Behringer WING feature request
        MaciejKamil Yes, thats it!!! Maybe if this is not possible due to HW conditions, it would be possible to end a chain of boxes with DL15x ??? I tried it but does not fully work. Connected DL32 and then DL153. Inputs from DL153 where coming trough, but no access to gain or phantom power. Also outputs were unresposive. Even with Heritage D firmware.
        • Jun 14
    • MaciejKamil
      Nigel67

The R7D Team have come back to me with some questions and comments.

The polarity can be set individually for stereo channels (each source has a polarity switch)

The output delays can be set accurately if you turn the knob slowly. The resolution is 10cm steps

It is unlikely that any changes to DL15X will be implemented as it uses a different protocol which doesn't allow daisy-chaining.

A stereo imbalance of more than +/-9dB, which is 18dB between left and right should really be fixed elsewhere

Please provide more information regarding the sends page issue. The buses have 16 sends in total and these are shown.

Please provide more information regarding the side chain listening request. At present you could either put the side chain in solo safe or directly use a bus (which stays active during SiP).

Many thanks
      • Jun 15
  • New
    Delmar
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-06-11

Hello

I just purchased 4 Behringer P 16 monitor mixers. I was able to route all 16 channel on the UltraNet tab

Everything seems to be working great but I'm having difficulty with is trying to get Reverb and or other effects to the P16   I have tried several different tap points  still cannot figure it out 

my interface is the behringer xair18   Any help appreciated

Regards

Mark

read more...
    0 14
    • Delmar
      CraigFowler The FX are being generated by the console. To get them to the P16s you'll need to assign their returns (FX1L, FX1R etc) in the same place (In/Out>Ultranet) you assigned the dry channels. Unfortunately this will come at the expense of some of the 16 dry signals already being sent there. Also, if the ch>fx sends are post fader (as they often are if FX are being used in FOH,) changes to the dry channels in FOH will affect the return levels, even moreso if you're sending the returns post fader to ultranet, unless you save some dedicated FX processors for monitors.

TBH I'd sell the XR18 and the P16s and use the money to buy an X32Rack and a headphone amp + cables. More flexibility and people can use their own phones\tablets to control their own monitor mixes.
      • Jun 11
    • Delmar
      GaryHiggins As Craig said you will need to use a few ultranet ch's to get the reverb FX returns to your P16M's. If you have a smaller sized group, that is probably not a big deal. People were using these for a very long time for the X32 as well as the Xr/Mr18. Some people even use them still with the much larger 48 ch Wing and appropriate stagebox. You need to get creative with choices for your P16 ch's with a larger group as you have but 16 total ultranet ch's to use. Combining ch's into a bus and then using the bus as a single P16 ch is one way. In the screenshot below p16 ch 15 and 16 are assigned fx1 returns 1L/1R
      • Jun 12
Go to page