Statistics

293,645 members
176,671 posts
  • Mike7300
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-05

Looking for a router to hookup my X32 Rack to. There are so many different ones out there, any suggestions? Thanks 

0 81
    • Mike7300
      Paul_Vannatto I use the D-Link DIR-822 and have been very pleased with them.
      • October 5, 2020
    • Mike7300
      DavidKnighton Hello Mike Reinstein,
      Almost any off the shelf WiFi router will do just fine. What I would ensure is that the router your choose is optimized for use with your devices. The range of the WiFi router is also important. You don't want something that's short ranged because it will bog down in a high traffic environment. Get something that has a robust range of operation. Steer clear of Apple routers because they are finicky with our consoles.

DLINK
      LINKSYS
      CISCO
      TP LINK
      NETGEAR

All very good brands.
      • October 5, 2020
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300 I went with a TP Link C7. Having issues with setup. I connected it to the X32 and went through initial setup but I don’t seem to have connection. I’m a little tech challenged at times so any help appreciated. Also I was trying to change the IP so it’s not the default but in my phone it asks for both “IP address” and “router”. I wasn’t sure what the difference was.
      • October 5, 2020
      • What router do you suggest?
        GaryHiggins TP Link uses 192.168.1.1 as the default ip. That’s what should go under the router ip. If you are using a static ip for your phone, use a number in the same range as the router that has the same first 3 triplets but NOT the same last triplet (Something like (192.168.1.2) The subnet mask should be 255.255.255.0. If you have made the x32 static (dhcp turned off) It should have a different last triplet for its ip too, and in the same range, say 192.168.1.3 the subnet on the x32 should also be 255.255.255.0. Generally your device ip's need to be in the same range as the router but not the same ip.
        • October 6, 2020
        DavidKnighton Hello Mike Reinstein,
        Our knowledge base has some useful answers and guides. Please take a look here

https://musictribecommunity.powerappsportals.com/en-us/knowledgebase/article/KA-02735
        • October 6, 2020
    • Mike7300
      haischmann I prefer 5 GHz over 2,4 GHz, because it is not so overcrowded.
      • October 6, 2020
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300 So I have a router connected to my modem which is the normal router I connect to at home to have internet access. This new router I bought and plugged into the the X32, I can connect to it but it’s like there is no signal. If I try to go to a website I can’t.
      • October 6, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto If you want to access the X32 via your home network setup (with router and modem), simply plug the ethernet cable from the X32 to that router. On the X32, Setup, Network screen, enable the DHCP so that the X32 will get the IP address from your router. Then you can access the X32 and the internet from your computer at the same time. Use the new router when you are away from home doing gigs.
        • October 6, 2020
  • TommyMHunt
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-10-04

I have an Behringer X-Air 18 and need the 2 rack mounts.  Anyone have a way to get them?

Thanks

0 74
    • TommyMHunt
      Paul_Vannatto Are you asking for rack ears for the X18 or XR18?
      • October 4, 2020
      • RACK MOUNTS for Behringer XAIR 18
        velez I really appreciate your help. Thank you so much!
        • November 11, 2020
    • TommyMHunt
      john0121 Hi Tommy, you can submit a spare parts request via the support button and the team will be in touch regarding price and availability.
      • October 4, 2020
      • RACK MOUNTS for Behringer XAIR 18
        TommyMHunt Great did that last night. thanks
        • ·
        • October 5, 2020
  • mwillaman
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-04

I have a very old casio ctk 631 digital piano and I want to connect it to my new Behringer Xenyx QX1202USB Mixer. The piano outputs are midi 5 pin in and out (see image). I'm not sure how to connect it to my Behringer q1202usb mixer (see image). 

read more...
    0 244
    • mwillaman
      Paul_Vannatto The Q1202 only mixes audio signals. The Midi output of the Casio does not have any audio (just midi commands). You will need to connect the two with a 1/4" cable (like a guitar cable) from the Casio Phones/Output to one of the Q1202 channel's 1/4" jack.
      • October 4, 2020
    • mwillaman
      kiskadar69 If you want to connect the Casio in stereo, you will need a Y cable with 1 stereo (TRS) and 2 mono (TS) connectors. The stereo jack should be plugged into the Casio's "PHONES OUTPUT" and the volume should be reduced on the Casio.
      • October 4, 2020
    • mwillaman
      mwillaman Thank you so much Paul and kiskadar69!! Much appreciated. I will try both ideas.
      • October 4, 2020
  • MikeDrennan
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-10-03

Does anyone know how to broadcast channel names from the Wing to the Midas DP48?  All of the videos I've found show it to be a relatively painless operation from the X32 series, but it's vague for the Wing.

0 431
    • MikeDrennan
      Paul_Vannatto If you are referring to the scribble strip channel names, they will transfer through the AES50 from the Wing to the DP48 (shown in the Edit and Assign screen). But if you are referring to the group names, the Wing doesn't yet have that functionality. Instead you will need to create a csv file called "names.csv" and place it into the DP48M folder of the SD card. This file should include one line of the 12 group names (delimited by commas).

For example:
      Connor,Tim,Acoustic,LeadGtr,Bass,Steel,Kick,Snare,HiHat,Tom1,Tom2,OverHd
      • October 3, 2020
    • MikeDrennan
      MikeDrennan Paul, I can live with the stock group names for now. My channel names are not transferring via AES50.
      • October 3, 2020
      • Sending Channel Names from Wing to DP48
        Paul_Vannatto What is the Wing and DP48 firmware? Make sure you have the latest of both, since there was an issue earlier with the channel names not transferring. Also if you have a stagebox in between, make sure it also has the latest firmware.
        • October 3, 2020
        MikeDrennan I do have a stagebox. The DP48 and Wing are up to date, so hopefully that’s the issue. I’ll report back.
        • October 3, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Mike, as Josh mentioned, the source names are transferred, not the channel strip names. That means that if you have named the channels and not the source, you won't get the names. You can transfer the scribble strip data on the channel strip second screen (Copy Customization) by simply dragging from one to the other.
        • October 7, 2020
    • MikeDrennan
      Indiana Its not the channel names that are transferred, its the source names. Are your sources named? We have not issues with this working. Wing is 1.08.1 and DP48's are 1.5. This functionality started working with 1.4 I believe. We have a dedicated run from Wing to DP48, no stage boxes in between, If you do have one in between, that may be your issue.
      • October 7, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Good observation Josh (source names transferred). That would make sense.
        • October 7, 2020
        MikeDrennan It was indeed a stagebox causing the issue. Unfortunately, I’m a Mac user so I don’t have an easy way to update the firmware. I switched to AES50C direct and all is well.

In a semi-related question, has anyone had success broadcasting settings from one DP48 downstream to another? I figured out that the master controller needs to be set to MST and the remote setting enabled; does remote also need to be enabled on the receiver unit? The quick start guide isn’t clear on this.
        • October 10, 2020
        Indiana You have to set them all to Remote and then they will be assigned an ID based on the order they are plugged in. But there is an issue with this not working properly. But the next version of firmware will resolve the issue.
        • October 11, 2020
  • StefanAnders
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-10-03

Hi.

I use a Behringer XR18 Mixer.

I would like to give authorization for 3 other guys to change their monitor mix (Aux 1 - Aux 3).
    They should not be allowed to do more in the app (Android and Apple). Just change their own monitor mix via Aux 1 - Aux 3)

How can I manage this?

read more...
    0 392
    • StefanAnders
      RexBeckett You can do this with the Mixing Station app. This is available for Android and iOS devices. It allows you to set password protect access to Main and Bus settings. Try the free version on Android first to see if it meets your needs. The iOS version requires a modest in-app payment. For more information, see: https://dev-core.org/ms-docs/
      • October 3, 2020
      • Behringer XR18: authorization in app
        StefanAnders I already have Mixing Station Pro. Where can I set the password there? And do I understand it the right way : even if I set a password in Mixing Station, if someone uses the original Behringer app, he can change the settings of the mix?
        • October 3, 2020
        RexBeckett Instructions for setting passwords are here: https://dev-core.org/ms-docs/xair/bus-password/
        Yes the password only protects access from Mixing Station. Other apps will ignore it. It isn't a perfect solution but it is the only one currently available.
        • October 3, 2020
        StefanAnders Thanks for your help. Shame on Behringer for not giving this opportunity.
        • October 3, 2020
    • StefanAnders
      GaryHiggins For the Apple devices you might try MX Q, only allows monitor mix control not the mains.
      • October 3, 2020
        StefanAnders Thanks for the information. Unfortunately not everybody uses Apple.
        • October 3, 2020
  • AlMorello
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-10-02

Just got an X32 Compact for our church. L/R going to FOH and we are using Aux Send 3 & 4 for our Livestream feed. I would like to be able to solo a channel ONLY IN THE MONITOR in order to hear the sound from someone's mic to EQ/compress/adjust etc. I don't want this to affect the L/R or the Aux Send 3 & 4 (don't want the live stream to all of a sudden only hear the mic that is solo'd). How to accomplish this? 

read more...
    0 77
    • AlMorello
      RexBeckett This is the way that Solo normally works on an X32. It should not affect the Main LR or Aux outputs - unless they are being routed from the Monitor bus.
      • October 2, 2020
      • How to Solo channel without affecting Bus out on X32
        AlMorello Thanks Rex. I thought this was the case, but the guy that "trained" us on it told us otherwise. Unfortunately our main audio guy is used to mixing by muting certain channels. Might have to get him up to speed with gates etc.
        • October 2, 2020
  • Chungmen
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-02

Hi everybody,

I am using a Behringer XR18 for our band. I connected a headphone to the headphone output connector. Every channel is heard. I use X AIR Edit on a Windows 10 pc and also on a iPad Air 2. Everything works fine. We also used the XR18 in a live performance.

The only thing that does not seem to work is: pushing on the solo button (per channel) to listen only to that channel. The meters on the mon/solo bus are moving and still every channel is heard on the headphone. It doesn't matter which channel or bus configuration I choose (PFL of AFL).

After 'initialize mixer' on ipad to go back to factory setting, solo listening is working. But then I loose al my setting.

What do I wrong?

Firware 1.17 / X AIR Edit v1.5

read more...
    0 2,033
    • Chungmen
      RexBeckett Using XAir Edit, open the In/Out -> Main Out tab. Check that Monitor is selected as the source for Phones. This is the default and how it will be set after initialization. Your scene may have it set to Main LR.
      • October 2, 2020
      • Solobus on XR18 does work, but listen to 1 channel with the solo button does not.
        Chungmen That could be it. I will try it tomorrow. Thanks for your response.
        • October 2, 2020
      • Solobus on XR18 does work, but listen to 1 channel with the solo button does not.
        Chungmen Hi Rex, it works. The solution was simple. Great such a fast response. Many thanks.
        • ·
        • October 2, 2020
  • SpirosPatras
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-10-02

Hello everybody. This is Spyros Patras from Athens - Greece.

I have a problem in my XR18 Behringer digital mixer. The problem is that: Most of time i have no sound in the left main channel. Other times i have a very low signal in the left (The right is in 100% and the left in the 15%).

I opened the mixer to find any problem i can see with my eyes (some friend who had the same problem told me that he opened the mixer and put again a cable tape in it's place and it was okay again) but with no luck.

I am working with the left main channel taken from the AUX6 until today but i want to find a solution because i need all my 6 Auxilliary buses again. I tried everything from the X-air edit application such as routing etc.

Do you have any opinion about this ?

Thank you for your time.

Spyros

read more...
    1 1,660
    • SpirosPatras
      Paul_Vannatto In the photo provided, there is nothing connected to the Main L output. So if you are having issues with Main L, you are using something else, making it a routing issue. Please use X-Air Edit (Windows, Mac, linux or Raspberry Pi) to export your scene to a file, save it in the cloud (eg. Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.) and post a shareable link. That way we can have a look and better advise.
      • October 2, 2020
    • SpirosPatras
      RichardMcBrayer

There seems to be a New Japan Radio Corporation NJM4580 Dual Op Amp driving the main output. I would dare say that is probably the problem. Not easy to get to, so you would need someone pretty experienced to work on it. I would send back to Behringer. The part is less than $1 US.

• July 7, 2021
    • SpirosPatras
      funkybeatt

I have EXACTLY the same issue, although mine is intermittent. Was the cause of the issue ever discovered?

• December 5, 2021
    • SpirosPatras
      jonmccravy

I just fixed this problem 5 minutes ago with my mixer. My left main channel got really quiet and I had some intermittent failures. So I took it apart thinking there was something wrong with the amplifier circuit for that channel. I curve traced everything and couldn't find anything out of sorts with that channel. So I just unplugged all of the ribbon cables, checked them for internal shorts, then plugged them back in. I also seperated the pins on the lower 2 boards and put them back together incase there was any currosion on the pins. I Just fired it back up and its working normally again.

• Jan 24
    • SpirosPatras
      gfaust

I have the same problem right now just using aux 5 and 6 as my mains linked stereo its a pain but this is just my back up mixer ,I have a m32c with dl32 that use mostly I'll try the ribbon fix good call thanks !!

• May 6
  • JackDemeis
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-10-01

X32 Rack with the latest firmware and apps. I was mixing a gig last weekend and we had 2 out of 26 channels we could not control the volume of in one of the IEM mixes (Mix bus 9).  We had control over 24 of the 26 input channels and two of the 26 channels were too loud in the IEM and we had no control over the two channels. When we turned down the sends for the two problem channels there was no change in the IEM (Mixed Bus 9).

read more...
    0 60
    • JackDemeis
      RexBeckett Check the problem channels Sends tab to see which signal tap is selected.
      • October 1, 2020
      • Input Channel - no volume control into Mixbus
        JackDemeis Thanks Rex, they're Pre Fader just like the other 24 working channels.
        • October 1, 2020
    • JackDemeis
      Paul_Vannatto Possibly you have a parallel signal path for each of those 2 channels. For example if it is channel 12 that you cannot control, that signal might also be assigned to channel 24 and also sent to mixbus 9.
      • October 1, 2020
        JackDemeis Thanks Paul, if you're referring to the "Source" on the "Config" tab for the problem channels they are not duplicated. Also, there were a total of 9 monitor mixes and none of the other mixes had the issue. Real head scratcher. j
        • October 1, 2020
        JackDemeis Could it be a routing issue or routing set-up issue? I'm using "User Out" and Mix bus 9 is one of them.
        • October 1, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto If the X32 Rack is being transported, how do you know for sure that there isn't a duplicate source assignment? The reason I ask is that I had a headscratcher with similar scenario and it was indeed a duplicate source assignment (on one of the Aux channels) that somehow (Murphy's Law) got incorrectly assigned.
        • October 1, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Regarding a routing issue, I have my doubts. Physical outputs can only be assigned one signal at a time.
        • October 1, 2020
    • JackDemeis
      RexBeckett If you save your current scene, upload it to Google Drive (or similar) and post the link, we can check for configuration issues.
      • October 1, 2020
    • JackDemeis
      JackDemeis Rex, I have a scene saved, would it be stored on the PC and/or in the X32? If only in the X32 Rack, it's being transported and I don't have access to it at the moment. j
      • October 1, 2020
        RexBeckett X32 Edit can save scenes on a PC and also on the console. If you are not certain that you have the current X32 scene on your PC, it would be better to save the current console settings as a new file or on a USB stick.
        • October 2, 2020
  • BrockMoller
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-01

I am trying to route the talkbalk mic from the Wing to the Power Play on stage in ear monitor system via channel 16. 

I have a Mic plugged in physically to local channel 1 on the mixer.

I have Channel 1 pointed to Channel 40.

This works fine, and if I select "Main 1" on the output I can control the TB just fine. As such, it obviously works up to this point.

I have the Power Play set up as the last 16 channels in routing, and I can run any of the channels from the AES50 into those channels and it works just fine.  So, for example, I can assign the Bass from channel 17 on the AES50 to channel 15 on the Power Play and they get the Bass on Channel 15 of their power play.

When I assign channel 40 (talkbalk) to Channel 16 on the Power Play, they get nothing.

To note, on the Talkbalk setup, I am not assigning a Bus or a Main - only selecting Channel 40 (I've also tried Aux 8) as the TB.  The Wing limits you to Channel 40 or Aux 8, so it makes sense that local channel 1 point to channel 40 on the AES50, then that channel 40 points to input 16 of the Power Play.

Any ideas? Thanks so much!

read more...
    0 446
    • BrockMoller
      GaryHiggins Hi is this a P16-M? aes50 33-48 should be the correct p16 ch's and aes50 ch 48 should have your talkback assignment, is that what you are did? Ch 40 (I think) assigned to aes50 ch 48?
      • October 1, 2020
    • BrockMoller
      BrockMoller yes - this may be my problem. AES50 33-48 is the P16 channels, so P16 channel 1 is AES 33, 2 is 34, etc. so P16 channel 16 is AES50 Channel 48. I thought setting the TB to Aux 8 would solve that problem, so I did, and assigned Aux 8 to 48 of the AES50 (Channel 16 of the P16) and still nothing. If I hit Main 1 on TB settings out though, I still get TB through the mains and the TB button controls Aux 8 and not channel 40. So it seems that whatever I select just isn't working. I do believe it is routed properly.
      • October 1, 2020
    • BrockMoller
      BrockMoller In short yes - what you wrote is exactly what I've done
      • October 1, 2020
    • BrockMoller
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Brock, I think you are mixing up terminology, which is creating some confusion. What I think you mean is that you connected your mic to input 1 on the back of the Wing. This is referred to Local 1 (LCL 1). This was assigned as a source to channel (strip) 40. The talkback is assigned to 40 (chan 40). If that is all correct, what you need to do is to assign the chan 40 to a User signal (Routing input section), then assign that User signal to the AES50 output 48. The reason for this is that you have to have your mic go through channel 40 and the resulting output has to be routed to the AES50 48. That can only be done using the User signal.
      • October 1, 2020
      • Behringer Wing - trying to route Talkbalk A through channel 16 on Behringer Power Play 16
        mfettara Thanks for that Paul, I was having the same issue that I circumvented by sending the TB to the "Vocals" Mix Bus going to the P16-Ms. Will try this setup as well.
        • December 29, 2020
      • Behringer Wing - trying to route Talkbalk A through channel 16 on Behringer Power Play 16
        BrockMoller Hi Paul, thanks for the reply. I’m getting lost in the routing. Any chance you’d be willing to give me a step by step on how to do this? I’m close, I think, but just can’t quite seem to get it! Thank you so much!
        • January 3, 2021
        Paul_Vannatto Hi Brock, it has been awhile since your initial post and I had to go back and have a look at what the issue was. Here is how I would setup the talkback to go to the P16 chan 16.
        * Connect the mic to Local 1 XLR input.
        * Assign Local 1 input to channel 40 strip
        * Press the View button of the talkback section (top left corner of the Wing) and assign chan 40 to the talkback section.
        * Press the Routing, then User Signal and assign channel 40 (post fader) to User Signal 24 (last one).
        * Select the AES50 (A, B or C depending on which one is connected to the stagebox that feeds the P16) and assign the User Signal 24 to the AES50 chan 48. The stagebox uses the AES50 channels 33-48 to feed the Ultranet output, thus AES50 48 will become P16 chan 16.
        • January 3, 2021
Go to page