Statistics

242,662 members
119,059 posts
  • New
    Jesusislove247
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-19

Channels 9-18 are give a static sound constantly until muted the board has be reset to factory settings and still the same loud static 

0 16
    • Jesusislove247
      Nigel67 Hi, please send in aTechnical Support Ticket and we will be able to help you further. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Technical Support tab and submit a ticket. Many thanks
      • Jul 19
  • New
    CMelin
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-07-19

Please recommend a DAW software to use with new iPad Air 4th gen, xr18 usb connection and Xair Edit. 
    Thank you 

Charles Melin

0 15
    • CMelin
      Nigel67 There are many out there. It all depends whether you want a free version or pay for one. Its also down to personal preference as what suits one person may not suit another. The best I can suggest is searching the internet and reading up on the various DAW software available. I would start with how many channels do you want to record and do you want to pay or get a free one. As a starter there is Traktion, Ableton or Protools which are well known.
      • Jul 19
    • CMelin
      ChrisJanton I have used Auria on the iPad since 2014. Mostly I use it as an 18-track recorder, transferring the recorded audio to my studio Macs - works just fine. If I could have used an Apple Pencil back in the beginning I might have done more with it. I still use Auria to record.
      • Jul 26
  • New
    Jojomeurer
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-07-18

Hi guys,

my Wing is now working for 1 week. And i think i have found some bugs which i want to report. Maybe its an issue by me but i think i did everything well.

Im expierincing many lags at working with the wing. 

Example 1: Editing the routing and trying to patch the AES50 sources to the inputs. Sometimes when I am selecting a channel by touch, i didnt get to selected. If i select the channel by the select button, it immediatly goes to selected. After a minute ore more, the trys of selecting via touch are processed. At this moment the currently selected channel switches to the channel which wasnt selected by touch before. If i tried 10 times to push the select by touch, the selection changes 10 times. 

Example 2: Editing the VSS3-Reverb seems to show the same problem. If I switch to the deeper editing parameters like ER, MAIN, MOD, TAIL, sometimes the console changes completly random between these 4 screens. After a while this stops and it works completly normal. 

I hope its explaines cleraly enough to understand what i want to say. The problem appears completly random. Sometimes it works fine for hours and the issue starts completly unexpected. Currently Im not able to reproduce the error and get a video. But if it appears again I try to get it filmed.

If anyone has/had the same problem I would be glad to hear about this.

Greating from germany :)

read more...
    0 22
    • Jojomeurer
      KevinMaxwell It sounds like it might be the ghost touch issue or maybe not. what firmware version are you running? I don't remember which firmware they included a test foe that.

Here is a cut and paste of the instructions on how to run that.

Turn the Wing off. Press and hold the Home and Meter buttons, and while holding those buttons, turn the Wing back on. The Wing will then enter Screen Test mode. This displays the number of touches, and also where the screen is registering the touch. Let the test run for AT LEAST one hour. If the screen shows 0 touch events after running the test for at least an hour, you can determine that the mixer is not faulty. Press the blank function button on the bottom right to get to the mixer’s home screen.
      • Jul 18
      • Behringer Wing possible Bug Report
        Jojomeurer Thanks for this fast reply. Im running Firmware 1.11. I will try the test when Iam back home. Thanks so far
        • Jul 18
      • Behringer Wing possible Bug Report
        Jojomeurer

It seems that my display is broken… I will try to contact my reseller for a repair/exchange.

• Jul 18
    • Jojomeurer
      KevinMaxwell That is a strange line of touch events all in a row. But I think you should really worry about the strange picture of someone on your screen it looks really scary. ;-)
      • Jul 19
  • New
    JohnnyChandler
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-07-16

My church will be getting a Wing in a few months, and I'm just doing a bit of pre planning.

I currently use my X32 Compact. LR for Mains, Mono for subs, and mix to Bus 4 for our live stream. The independent control that the pre fader send to Bus 4 gives for the Live Stream feed is nice. The independent control is easier for me to maintain the mix, and it has given a much better result than any post-fader mix I have heard. It does require more work to monitor and mix it.

Is there a way to change the tap point for one of the 4 Main buses to pre-fader, or are they only avaialable as post-fader?

Those who are mixing FOH and recording or streaming, what is your workflow?

read more...
    0 20
    • JohnnyChandler
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Jonny, because the 4 stereo Mains are identical and are designed as main control, they are designed as post-fader to the channel strip faders. It would be better to send to a bus (pre-fader), like you do with the X32 Compact and output that bus. If you want the livestream master (bus) fader to be beside the other Main faders (typically in far right bank of faders), you can remap those 4 faders to include the desired bus master.
      • Jul 16
      • Behringer Wing Main Output
        JohnnyChandler Thank you for the response Paul! Since they have their own send within the channel strip, I think I’ll just set up a mix going to one of the mains and adjust within the channel itself. We are pretty much maxed on buses, and since I’ll still need a few set up for effects like they are on the X32, I think I’d rather save that extra bus. Are you able to use the sends on fader for the main buses like the mix buses?
        • Jul 16
    • JohnnyChandler
      Paul_Vannatto Yes I just checked and the SOF works with the Mains as well. Regarding buses, you do realise that the buses are stereo, meaning that with things like IEM's etc. you only need one bus to provide a stereo output (instead of 2 on the X32).

By the way, if you do want to convert your X32 scenes to the Wing, I have an app that will do that (called XM32 to Wing converter) found here:
      https://sourceforge.net/projects/xm32-to-wing-converter/
      • Jul 16
      • Behringer Wing Main Output
        JohnnyChandler First, thank you for creating that app! I had seen it mentioned before and have the page bookmarked for when the time comes. Thank you again for creating that and helping make the transition smoother! Regarding the buses, I currently have 8 set up as mono monitor mixes for in-ears and 3 set up for floor wedges. Generally one wedge is used, and the other two are not hooked up. With the last available bus set for the live stream mix. I am hoping more transmitters will be procured later, as I’m currently using the wireless transmitters in a dual mono configuration to provide individual mixes for everyone. The stereo buses will help with that in the future, when the time comes, or if pairs of people are willing to share a stereo mix, not sure how I feel about that though. I do appreciate you taking the time to check on the SoF for the main mixes, as that will allow me to utilize Main bus 3 very similarly to how I use the mix bus currently. How do the snapshots on the Wing work compared to the X32 show files? I currently use a scene as my general starting point with routing and general mixer parameters set and use snippets to make quick changes between songs for different lead vocals and instruments. This allows the Main mix and live stream mix to be set up for the lead vocal and instruments much faster than adjusting the faders for mains and then for the stream. Is there something similar to the snippets on the Wing? Or would I be switching snapshots between songs? Thanks again for your input and the work you do to help all of us here! I see your responses all over this community and appreciate the dedication to other users!
        • Jul 16
    • JohnnyChandler
      Paul_Vannatto You are most welcome Johnny. Regarding snapshots and show management, the Wing does not yet have a show management like the X32 has. But it is being developed. Currently snapshots stores everything on the Wing and can be imported and exported from/to snapshot files (in JSON format).

In absence of snippet functionality, I created an offline toolbox and I coined the snippet-like files "snipshots", which are basically modified snapshots. The toolbox currently has the converter, an automix generator (that someone requested) and a JSON editor. With the editor, a snapshot file can be modified to only include desired settings (by removing the other settings). This toolbox can be found here:
      https://sourceforge.net/projects/wing-snipshot-toolbox/
      • Jul 16
    • JohnnyChandler
      GeorgeDougherty It was helpful I saved this, but the search here is still for $hit. At least it's in my profile. You may find this approach useful.

https://community.musictribe.com/discussions/62763/311570/broadcast-or-streaming-mix-and-foh-on-a-single-wing
      • Jul 30
  • New
    BobbySadler
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-07-16

I'm using the S16 onstage along with X32 Rack. I want the S16 to be a stage box essentially for the other bandmates: their vocal and instrument inputs, and their monitor sends; plus one side of the Mains. The X32 Rack will be near me so I can put my vocal and guitar inputs into it and use one output for my monitor and another output for Mains nearest me.

I cannot get the Outputs on the S16 set up correctly. I assume my routing is to blame. I also assume this setup should be pretty straight forward especially with the User routing options.

Here's what I'd like to do:

S16 Inputs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 for Vox. Inputs: 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 for various instruments including drums.

S16 Outputs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 for Monitor sends. Output: 7 Main left side.

X32 Inputs: 6 for my Vox. Inputs: 15, 16 for my Guitar stereo L&R.

X32 Outputs: 6 for my Monitor. Output: 8 Main right side.

The AES50 connections are A to A. Currently I have S16 Config'd to Seq 1

read more...
    0 16
    • BobbySadler
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Bobby, set up the Routing, Out 1-16 screen as follows:
      * Outputs 1-5 for the buses for the other bandmates monitor outputs
      * Output 6 for the bus for your monitor output
      * Output 7 for Main L
      * Output 8 for Main R

Then on the Routing, XLR Out screen (for the outputs on the back of the Rack) assign the following:
      * Outputs 1-4 -> Out 1-4
      * Outputs 5-8 -> Out 5-8

Then on the Routing, AES50 screen (for the S16 outputs) assign the following:
      * AES50 A1-8 -> Out 1-8

This way all outputs will be identical on the S16 and the back of the Rack
      • Jul 15
    • BobbySadler
      BobbySadler thank you Paul.. I'm working this up now.. should I leave the S16 Config's at Seq. 1?
      • Jul 15
    • BobbySadler
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Bobby, not sure what you mean by Seq 1. But if it means mode 1 (no LEDs on) then yes.
      • Jul 15
    • BobbySadler
      BobbySadler yep that's what I meant. in the Manual it has Seq. 1-10. anyhow I'm trying your routing out and plugging a mic into IN 1 of the S16 I get nothing. I see the meter moves on the S16 but not on the X32. so I'm guessing on Routing > Inputs > I want Local 1-8 and 9-16 and on then on AES50-A I want 17-24 and 25-32. yes?
      • Jul 15
    • BobbySadler
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Bobby, for inputs, make sure the Routing, Inputs screen has the first 2 banks of 8 set to the AES50 A1-8 and A9-16 respectively. Then go to each channel strip, config screen and make sure they are assigned to the A inputs (eg. Chan 1 -> A01, Chan 2 -> A02, etc)
      • Jul 15
  • New
    trueholiness1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-15

I was so excited about getting the WING, but all I'm having is pain where its concern ? 

0 23
    • trueholiness1
      KevinMaxwell So what is your question and why the criptic message? Most of us here are users of this gear we are not employees of Music Tribe. We want to help people with questions. So how can we help you?
      • Jul 14
    • trueholiness1
      NicJonesMT Hi TrueHoliness1.
      As stated by KevinMaxwell, can you please give us a detailed description of the issues you are having and we can then advise you further.
      • Jul 15
    • trueholiness1
      trueholiness1

Thank you all for responding

• Jul 15
  • New
    dyisgain16
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-14

For some reason, the X32 stop reading the S16 stage box. I eventually sent the stage box to be fixed and they suggested that it needed a new motherboard. While the S16 was being fixed I ordered a new S16 from Sweetwater and when I tried pairing the new S16 it also does not show up on the x32 under connected devices. I have tried every possible troubleshooting recommendation that I can think of. Maybe there is something I am missing. If you can provide any further suggestions, please do. Thank you.

read more...
    0 12
    • dyisgain16
      Paul_Vannatto Is the X32 wordclock set to internal and the S16 in mode 1 (all LED's including SN Master are off)? Do you have the AES50 cable plugged into the S16 A port?
      • Jul 14
  • New
    DennisMilsom
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-07-14

Can I use an XR 18 in Linux? I see there is an X-Air app for Linux, but I am wondering about using the USB Audio Interface aspects of it.

For example is there a driver that will allow the 16 channel send that Behringer advertises? There seems to be a Windows driver, but nothing else, not even MAC?

Or will Linux simply see it as an audio interface, as it does with say, my Presonus Studio 24c? IE I do not need to install any drivers at all.

read more...
    0 14
    • DennisMilsom
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Dennis, yes the XR18 works great with linux and yes there is an X-Air Edit linux version on the product page (under software on the right side). Since all X-Air (and X32, Wing, M-Air, M32, etc.) are all core compliant, it means that Mac and linux (even Raspberry Pi) do not need drivers. The XR18 will provide 18 inputs/outputs. I'm using linux Mint 20.04 currently.
      • Jul 14
    • DennisMilsom
      DennisMilsom

Sweeeet!!!! Thanks Paul :)

• Jul 14
  • New
    zeubest
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-14

Hi,

On my x32, often, the "control surface" freezes :

- no action when pushing buttons, no light changes...

- the sound remains the same ( working like before freeze of control board)

- it is possible to access to the console using an ipad

- sometimes, it is back to normal after a few minits, sometimes it needs reboot.

- it can happen at boot too.

it looks like if the physical interface is disconnected from the "logic" part.

Once , I had a message like "  impossible to read file..." on boot. I flashed the console with a new firmware, and it was back to normal, but the "freeze" problem remains.

Can you please help ? :)

read more...
    0 26
    • zeubest
      DavidKnighton Hello zeubest,
      It sounds like you might have a loose cable inside the unit. All the surface control boards are daisy chained with data/power, so if the primary connector is poorly fitted, then you could experience surface locking up. The fact that audio still passes is a good sign, because that means the MAIN DSP board is likely not affected by this. You may want to submit a service request inquiry via the support tab so our team can get your mixer evaluated.
      • Jul 14
    • zeubest
      Paul_Vannatto If you upgraded to the latest firmware (4.06) then you can use Mixing Station on an iPad (or android) tablet or X32-Edit (or M32-Edit) on a PC, Mac, linux or Raspberry Pi to control the console.

If you are getting those errors (eg. "impossible to read file") on boot, you may be having a hardware issue. I would suggest you submit a ticket to tech support (click on the Support above).
      • Jul 14
    • zeubest
      zeubest

Thank you for your answers. I'll check cables inside the console again. :)

• Jul 14
  • New
    ruariseall
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-14

Got an S32 digital snake which has stopped syncing with my X32 Producer.  S32 unit brand new, stopped syncing on its 2nd use.  All firmware full update, tried different Cat5 cables.  S32 has Mute All lit up, and AES50B SYNC light flashing red.  Desk is and S32 both connected using AES50 A.   Any ideas?

read more...
    0 11
    • ruariseall
      ruariseall Should add, on first use noticed that one of the outputs on the S32 was crackly. Suggesting to me the whole unit is dodgy?
      • Jul 14
    • ruariseall
      DavidKnighton Hello ruariseall,
      You may want to check your X32 ports to see if they are bad. Link the X32 ports together with a short Cat5 cable and open ROUTING. You should see two mixers connected, one on each port. This "tricks" the console into seeing itself as a connected device, but is also a good way to find out if both ports are working as expected. Make sure SYNC is internal when you do this. If neither ports shows a mixer connected, you may have dodgy ports on your mixer. Submit a service request for the mixer in that case.
      • Jul 14
    • ruariseall
      GaryHiggins It might also be worth trying to update the firmware of the S32 once more, perhaps downloading the file again first. It is not beyond the realm of possibility that the file was corrupt and/or didn't load correctly. What sync settings on the Producer?
      • Jul 15
Go to page