Statistics

305,439 members
189,738 posts
  • New
    woodmann
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2022-10-27

Indications are power supply failure. Stopped passing signal, digital noise present, power light flashing for a bit after cycling power, then power light went out. Other posts describe the fix as replace power supply board, makes sense, older mixer for school no budget out of warranty. Have local electronics guy to donate time to fix. Plus hard to get replacement

read more...
    0 5
  • New
    JohnHolder
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-26

Would someone from musictribe repair please contact me. I purchased a new screen to replace my wing screen with ghost touches. I replaced it myself as I am a CET, but everything works except the "touch" part of the screen. I hope I didn't get one of the ribbon cables out of place. Please help! My case number is Case Number CAS-619850-D4W7Y0 .

read more...
    0 6
    • JohnHolder
      PedroRodrigues Hi JohnHolder, thank you for your post, unfortunately our support is done exclusively via E-mail. I will request my colleague managing this case to contact you ASAP I hope this helps. Thank you
      • Oct 27
    • JohnHolder
      markmuse UMC-404 iPad connect
      • Oct 29
  • New
    dukeofokc
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-23

Has anyone had their warranty honored? I've submitted a repair twice and got nothing but a run around for months! Am I the only one?

0 32
    • dukeofokc
      WilliamR Hello, do you have a case number so we can look into this for you?
      • Oct 24
    • dukeofokc
      dukeofokc I have several case numbers. They keep getting closed with nonsense excuses. CAS-630139-T8W8F2, CAS-624253-G3Q0P8, CAS-603872-S0C9M8
      • Oct 24
  • New
    JoeWitkin
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-10-22

We sometimes stick our SD8 stage box up front and have our front line musicians plug into it, routing inputs 1-8 to AES50-A. Depending on the size of the stage, sometimes we don't bother and just everyone directly into the X32, rerouting to Local 1-8. Same mics and instruments are connected to same inputs, but I find that the input gains vary and I have to reset them when I switch.

I know there is a way to control stage box head amps separately from X32 internal head amps, but I have not messed with that since I don't really understand it. 

Is there a way to have the SD8 head amp settings recalled when the inputs are assigned to it, and the X32 head amp settings recalled when local inputs are used?

And why should they be different? I thought that the default is that input gain controls both headamps by default? So why would things change when I switch?

Thanks! - Joe W

read more...
    0 10
    • JoeWitkin
      Paul_Vannatto The reason why they are different is because the preamp is physically part of the XLR-F input jack. The gain and phantom is part of the preamps and controlling them are actually done "remotely". In order to transfer the gain/phantom settings from a block of 8 (eg. Local 1-8) to another (eg. AES50 A1-8), you can do it either online (connected) using X32 Live Toolbox or offline (using a scene file) using X32 Scene Parser and using the Headamps tool.

Here is the link to X32 Live Toolbox
      https://sourceforge.net/projects/x32livetoolbox/

Here is the link to X32 Scene Parser
      https://sourceforge.net/projects/x32sceneparser/
      • Oct 22
    • JoeWitkin
      JoeWitkin

• Oct 22
    • JoeWitkin
      JoeWitkin

OK, this will take a while to grasp... So if I set my input gains 1-8 on the X32 (local 1-8), and then reassign inputs 1-8 to AES-50A to which my SD8 is connected, what gain settings are the SD8 preamps starting off at? Are they anything to do with my scene, or is it the last settings that the SD8 used?

• Oct 22
    • JoeWitkin
      Paul_Vannatto That depends on whether you reload the scene after you switch to the SD8. If you simply switch the inputs to the SD8, the gain and phantom settings will be whatever the current settings are of the preamps in the SD8. If you load your scene after switching to the SD8, the gain and phantom settings will be whatever you have set on the Setup, preamps page for that particular block of 8 (eg AES50 A1-8).
      • Oct 22
    • JoeWitkin
      JoeWitkin

Paul, so are you saying that with the default settings (remote head amp control NOT selected), the scene DOES remember BOTH sets of preamp gains, and even if I have saved the scene with tweaks while using local 1-8 inputs, it will still load the last used (with that scene) SD8 preamp settings into the SD8 as long as the scene is loaded with inputs set to AES50?

• Oct 22
  • New
    DanDillon
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2022-10-20

I have a couple of X32's that are experiencing trouble displaying any text in the little scribble strip window on one channel. It gets stuck on one color and wont change, and won't display any text.

What is the causew and what is the solution for this issue? 

read more...
    0 9
    • DanDillon
      Dale_M Back up your scenes etc up to a USB drive and perform a factory reset from the menu, then then try going through different colours on the suspect LCD scribble strips, and try re-naming them, if they are still not working correctly you can raise a Service ticket with us from the above Support tab but if your console is outside of its 2-3 year warranty then you would be best to go to the following link and inquire on a non warranty repair with an official Behringer service centre https://www.behringer.com/buy.html?type=POS
      • Oct 20
  • New
    dascottmfa
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-20

Per the subject line... I would like Behringer to ADD an Aux 1/2 option to the Monitor Source selection menu in the next or subsequent firmware update.

Why? So I don't have to physically patch Aux 1/2 Out to Aux 5/6 In with 1/4" TRS cables in order to Monitor USB Card 1/2 (via Routing > Input > Aux Remap > Card 1/2) with the Monitor Source selecting Aux 5/6 (which is the only useable source to select for this purpose, because there is no Routing option to map USB/Card 1/2 to Aux 5/6, except physical).

Yes, I could route card 1/2 to a pair of inputs and assign them to the stereo bus to listen to the USB input that way (I have already done this) but this creates a feedback loop when those channel sliders are up and the X32 connected computer begins mixing USB audio in with its internal audio playback. Thus the need to have a fully independant monitor of just the USB Card 1/2 in, divorced from the stereo bus and any channel input faders. I hope this makes sense.

Through what email address is this accomplished?

read more...
    0 6
    • dascottmfa
      Dale_M There is no official email address but you can send future suggestions via a Pre Sales ticket from the above Support tab. However in the above case, can you advise which console you are referring to please?
      • Oct 20
      • How Do We Submit Feature Requests to Behringer?
        dascottmfa X32 standard (current 4.06 FW)
        • Oct 21
  • New
    JCashhh
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-19

HELLO FELLOWS! IS THERE A WAY TO MAKE EQ DIRECT FROM THIS (FLOW 8) CONSOLE LIKE e.g THE GAIN  ??? TY FOR YOUR RESPONSE :)

0 10
  • New
    SP1951
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-18

I just bought an android Tablet (4GB, 64GB), but i am unable to download XAir Edit in a proper format (look).
    Is there a particular Android Tablet i should get?
    I was able to download it properly on my desk top PC!

0 14
    • SP1951
      Paul_Vannatto Get Mixing Station
      • Oct 18
    • SP1951
      KevinMaxwell I don't use the XR18 but I just downloaded XAir app from Google play store and it doesn't look anything like the picture you posted. Your picture looks like the PC version or X-Air edit. If you are assuming that the XAir android version is supposed to look like the PC version, IT DOESN'T.
      • Oct 18
  • New
    RoboOx
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2022-10-17

I can successfully record a 2-channel track with the usb recorder (the one on the top of the X-32). But how do I delete the recorded tracks? I can't find any delete option anywhere!

0 5
  • New
    Londonjr
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-17

Is there a good method to deermine which microphone is causing feedback inthe front of the house?  I have a 8 microphone wireless system and we get feedback from time to time (usually during service).  How can I track which mic is doing it?  I would like to be able to use the equalizer to lessen the occurences of this and make my osunf better.

read more...
    0 8
    • Londonjr
      Dale_M You have not stated what mixer you are using but assuming your mixer has a a Solo feature on each channel you can simply plug your headphones in and solo each mic until you find it -this is assuming the offending channel has not already indicated to you via its LED meters going in to the red! It is highly advised to test these things out pre-show and then try and reposition mics onstage or proximity to main speakers and monitors inline with using the EQ on the channel to scoop out which frequency needs cutting back to kill the feedback, you may also need to roll the gain back too, every situation is different but I hope this gives you some idea.
      • Oct 18
    • Londonjr
      Londonjr

• Oct 18
    • Londonjr
      Londonjr

We are using the X32. Do you know of a white paper that describes the technique?

• Oct 18
Go to page