Statistics

306,024 members
190,370 posts
  • New
    JCashhh
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-19

HELLO FELLOWS! IS THERE A WAY TO MAKE EQ DIRECT FROM THIS (FLOW 8) CONSOLE LIKE e.g THE GAIN  ??? TY FOR YOUR RESPONSE :)

0 10
  • New
    SP1951
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-18

I just bought an android Tablet (4GB, 64GB), but i am unable to download XAir Edit in a proper format (look).
    Is there a particular Android Tablet i should get?
    I was able to download it properly on my desk top PC!

0 14
    • SP1951
      Paul_Vannatto Get Mixing Station
      • Oct 18
    • SP1951
      KevinMaxwell I don't use the XR18 but I just downloaded XAir app from Google play store and it doesn't look anything like the picture you posted. Your picture looks like the PC version or X-Air edit. If you are assuming that the XAir android version is supposed to look like the PC version, IT DOESN'T.
      • Oct 18
  • New
    RoboOx
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2022-10-17

I can successfully record a 2-channel track with the usb recorder (the one on the top of the X-32). But how do I delete the recorded tracks? I can't find any delete option anywhere!

0 5
  • New
    Londonjr
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-17

Is there a good method to deermine which microphone is causing feedback inthe front of the house?  I have a 8 microphone wireless system and we get feedback from time to time (usually during service).  How can I track which mic is doing it?  I would like to be able to use the equalizer to lessen the occurences of this and make my osunf better.

read more...
    0 8
    • Londonjr
      Dale_M You have not stated what mixer you are using but assuming your mixer has a a Solo feature on each channel you can simply plug your headphones in and solo each mic until you find it -this is assuming the offending channel has not already indicated to you via its LED meters going in to the red! It is highly advised to test these things out pre-show and then try and reposition mics onstage or proximity to main speakers and monitors inline with using the EQ on the channel to scoop out which frequency needs cutting back to kill the feedback, you may also need to roll the gain back too, every situation is different but I hope this gives you some idea.
      • Oct 18
    • Londonjr
      Londonjr

• Oct 18
    • Londonjr
      Londonjr

We are using the X32. Do you know of a white paper that describes the technique?

• Oct 18
  • New
    Grcintron
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-15

We have in ear monitors and use prime on an ipad as the interface. We have the split cable coming out of the ipad. The soundboard has two separate inputs for the click and background music. The issue is, intermittently we will hear the click in the house. 

I had one friend tell me it could be the cable connecting the aviom/snake.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing the glitch?

read more...
    0 7
  • New
    simonc
    Contributor - Level 1
    2022-10-13

Xair running main output and 4 subs to monitors and sub 2 just stopped , shows output on led but no signal?

0 8
  • New
    AdamStowe
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-12

Hi guys! I'll preface this with me not being an 'engineer'... I set levels for a show and then play and mix, so it's very difficult for me to troubleshoot, and I also might be doing something very silly.

Everybody is on inears, with lots of RF stuff (863 - 865 sennheiser and line 6 wirelesses on WiFi). Everything sounds okay on inears (mixed on busses) and also if I route FOH through my inears. Also, if I listen out front, again, no glaring issues.

If I record FOH through the USB thumb drive, I hear an infuriating static crackle, which sounds like RF.

If I record FOH by routing P16 L/R through the card, I do not hear the horrible crackle. Here's an A/B, where A is Card and B is Thumb Drive.

https://soundcloud.com/adam-stowe/x32-troubleshooting123

I've troubleshot lots of things, different inputs etc. Issue seems exacerbated when using line 6 stuff, but I never hear it through the inears.

I've tried Sandisk 32GB Cruzer Blade, which gets a bad write up, but also had problems with Kingston Data Traveller, which has been suggested as compatible. I've read stuff about USB 3.0 generating RF, but can't imagine that would affect the audio.

If anyone could help with this issue, I will love you forever. Thanks everybody!

read more...
    0 6
  • New
    Emmamjeremy89
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-12

Please guys, I need help with my behringer wing. I can't get signal from the inputs of the aes50, but there's sound coming of the wing 8 local inputs. Please guys help I am volunteer sound guy at my church. I really don't know much please I will appreciate if anyone can talk me through it. Thanks

read more...
    0 7
  • New
    VickiBarnes
    Contributor - Level 1
    2022-10-12

Hello,

I have had an X32 for years and use it in a live situation.

Awesome board and works as it should.

I recently bought an X32 Compact for my studio and rehearsal space.

Here is the issue.

My X32, if it were to lose power, or if you just turn it off after a sound check, when you turn it back on it goes right back to the last scene with all latest adjustments.  I'm aware of the 1-3 minute rule or however long it takes to save the last changed setting.

My X32 Compact on the other hand, if you turn it off, it doesn't even go to the last scene used.  It loads another random scene that I have saved.

I am aware of the SHUTDOWN button, which yes does what it should.  I turn the unit back on and it goes back to where I was.

What if i were mixing 20 channels and multiple headset mixes and making adjustment during a show and the power goes out?

I cannot find any setting that makes the machine go back to the last settings used.

Any help?

And thanks!

read more...
    0 7
    • VickiBarnes
      Paul_Vannatto You should save whatever you want to revert back to, to a scene, either on the console or use M32-Edit. These scenes can be deleted later if you don't want to keep them. If your X32 Compact doesn't seem to be automatically saving (every 2 minutes or so), you may need to change the internal battery (that also keeps the clock time).
      • Oct 12
      • X32 and Last Known Settings
        VickiBarnes Hi!
        • Oct 12
        VickiBarnes Thank you. I am aware of saving and deleting. The battery is good, as it does save settings. Just when powered on it does not revert back as it should. The M32's do and the X32 does.
        • Oct 12
        KevinMaxwell Check the clock on the X32 Compact and see it is is set right and if it shows the right time when you turn the mixer back on. Do you have a small USB thumb drive in the X32 Compact? There is a way to set it up to always starts in a particular scene and I think it involves a scene on the USB thumb drive on the surface of the mixer.
        • Oct 12
        VickiBarnes I'll have to check again on the clock. The last time I checked, it was correct. No USB inserted. Again, my concern is if I am doing a live show and we lose power, I don't want to hit save every time I change someone's fader. My other full size X32 works as it should. Loads last settings used. Thanks!!!
        • Oct 12
        VickiBarnes Clock is running perfectly.
        • Oct 12
    • VickiBarnes
      philipangell44 Interestingly, I have three MR18’s and a M32C. The newest of the three MR18’s, which I got about 18 months ago (the others are like 6+ years old), does not save the current scene. If I make changes, then shut it off without saving, when I power it up, it somehow reverts to the pre- change settings. Makes no sense from a technical perspective, but I’ve tested a number of times, and that one consistently does it.

I have had the same concerns as you on a live show situation.
      • Oct 12
        VickiBarnes Then I am guessing that like me you haven't been updating the firmware in the older units and it's the new firmware causing the issue.
        • Oct 12
    • VickiBarnes
      VickiBarnes So here is what I THINK I figured out. When powered off and back on the board seems to load the last SAVED scene. Any changes made while it is on ARE saved every 1-2 minutes. So I guess I am OK with this as long as I save what ever show I am mixing before we start. Thanks for all the help!
      • Oct 12
    • VickiBarnes
      Paul_Vannatto For all of my live events, I always connect my console (MR18, X32 Rack or Wing) to a UPS. That way, if there is a power outage or glitch, the console will remain on.
      • Oct 12
  • New
    RichWW
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-10-11

I need to use an XR18 as a sub-mixer.  That is - I want to connect a bunch of mics (from a drum kit) to the XR18 and then send the resulting mix to the band's main mixer.
    I believe that the Main Out of the XR18 is Pro-Line Level - so presumably it would be a mistake to simply connect it directly to the main mixer with an XLR cable.
    2 questions :
    1. Will using a DI box between the XR18 Main Out and the Main Mixer's Mic Input solve the problem ?
    2. The DI Box only accepts a 1/4" Jack as input.   Can I simply use an XLR cable with a 1/4" TRS adapter to connect the XR18's Main Out to the DI Box ?

Thanks for any/all input

read more...
    0 13
    • RichWW
      Paul_Vannatto Connect the XR18 Main L/R XLR to the FOH mixer directly using a couple of XLR cables. No need for DI boxes
      • Oct 11
      • XR18 as a sub mixer
        RichWW Thanks Paul. I know from reading these forums that you're probably the most knowledgeable person here - so I know that your answer is correct (and it does make things nice and simple). However, I confess to being puzzled that a Pro-Line Level Output can connect to a Mic Level Input without any issues. Could you explain for me ? Thanks.
        • Oct 11
    • RichWW
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Rich, most XLR inputs (in mixers and/or stageboxes) have a gain control which will take from mic level input (very low) up to line level (or what you call Pro-line). So all the sound guy has to do is dial down the gain control until the VU meters shows a good solid signal without clipping.
      • Oct 11
Go to page