Statistics

242,668 members
119,064 posts
  • New
    danobrien
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-09

I'm about to setup a Wing with a Mac Mini M1, I'm reading a ton of conflicting hardships in connecting them. I could use some help...

0 17
    • danobrien
      DavidKnighton Hello danobrien,
      I'm not sure how convoluted it could possibly be to connect a computer to the WING for audio transport. As far as the WING is concerned, you just send the audio out of the card or in from the card. Any problems beyond that are going to be related to Mac OS and affiliated Apple hardware. If you need any particular guidance, I would suggest submitting a tech support inquiry via the SUPPORT tab at the top of the page, or check out some Apple forums online.
      • Jul 9
  • New
    Kevin44
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-09

Another question: We have 3 sets of stereo iems on the X32 rack, and 2 more sets on the S16 digital snake. When the sound tech brings down a signal for front of house, the iems connected to the rack still have volume. The keyboard player and i lose the volume in our iems coming from the digital snake (S16). Am i doing something wrong with the routing, or is this a product of being hooked up to the digital snake? Any insight would be helpful, Thanks.

read more...
    0 24
    • Kevin44
      Paul_Vannatto What you describe is a routing issue. If you provide your interconnectivity mapping and routing settings, we can help you fix your routing issue.
      • Jul 8
    • Kevin44
      ValeriuM_Trufin Could it be a simple pre/post fader wrong setup for the send to the busses?
      • Jul 10
  • New
    Mitel01
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-08

Our drummer plugs into the front of the X32 rack to get his click and cue feed. Which means I need to Solo that bus so that it comes through the headphone output.

Sometimes I forget to do it, sometimes weve had a technical problem - meaning I've had to restart X-32 Edit, or sometimes I just take my laptop off stage after soundcheck or during the intermission. When I reconnect my laptop back up it never seems to remember the solo'd state of that mix bus, even if I reload the scene/snippet/cue, the Solo state doesn't seem to be one of the things that is remembered. Is this possible?

I would like to ensure that bus 7/8 is solo'd as we start each set. Either by loading a scene/cue or by sending a midi cc message from my DAW at the start before the count in.

I've managed to figure out how to automate the muting and fader positions of groups and channels on the X32 rack via CC from my DAW. However, I can't seem to find any info about solo or whether this is even possible....but it should be surely?

Or even simpler is there a setting I can choose to get mix bus 7/8 to go out of the headphone output without me having to solo it every time? I've only been able to get sound to him by soloing the bus.

Many thanks in advance.
    Mike

read more...
    0 21
    • Mitel01
      Paul_Vannatto Solo status is part of the /-stat OSC set of commands, which are not included in scenes or scene files. Even if you manually add them, the X32 will simply ignore them (I tried). But you can manually add them to a snippet or snippet file using a text editor or Scene Parser.

The specific OSC command for solo is (as per Patrick's X32 OSC Protocol, page 66)
      /-stat/solosw/[Id] [OFF, ON]
      [Id] list is as follows:
      01-32: Ch 01-32
      33-40: Auxin 1-8
      41-48: FxRtn 1-8
      49-64: Bus master 01-16
      65-70: Matrix 1-6
      71: L/R
      72: Mono/Center
      73-80: DCA 1-8

So to turn on bus 7 solo (if stereo linked, it will turn on 7 & 8), the OSC command is
      /-stat/solosw/55 ON

If your midi device can send sysex, you can send this OSC command as a hex string. Using my SysexOscGen app, that would be:
      OSC: /-stat/solosw/55 ON
      F0 00 20 32 32 2F 2D 73 74 61 74 2F 73 6F 6C 6F 73 77 2F 35 35 20 4F 4E F7
      • Jul 8
    • Mitel01
      DavidKnighton Hello Mitel01,
      As Paul mentioned, solo state is not something that can be recalled. Ideally, you don't want to use your headphone output in this manner. You should use an output on the rear of the mixer and into an external headphone amp. Another option though would be to assign the drummer mix bus to Aux 5/6 and then assign Aux 5/6 as the default source to the MONITOR BUS. This means that when solo is cleared, the default audio heard with be the drummer mix bus.
      • Jul 9
  • New
    Ghostatic
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-08

Hello,

There is a firmware update for the x32 (I own the rack) in Windows format, but not Mac, when I download it. Can anyone share the link for the Mac file?

Thanks!

0 21
    • Ghostatic
      Dale_M The X32 4.06 firmware is simply downloaded and put on to a USB key to update the console, it does not matter if you are using a PC/MAC.
      • Jul 8
  • New
    fabulous0076
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-07

Recently my ethernet on my X32 RACK stopped working. It does not see a connetion to a router nor vise-versa. Is the board replaceble or is it a card that can be unplugged and replaced?

0 24
    • fabulous0076
      Nigel67 Hi fabulous0076. The pcb can be purchased from our spares department. Please send them a ticket and they will get back to you with pricing and availability. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Spare Parts tab and submit a ticket. We do advise however that it is replaced by a trained electronic technician. We do also have service centres that can repair/replace the board for you. Many thanks
      • Jul 7
    • fabulous0076
      GeorgeDougherty You may want to double check your network settings. If someone accidentally changed up a static IP. that could nix communications.
      • Jul 15
  • New
    johnd73
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-07

Hello,

Wondering if I should get stereo chorus effect through my mains with 1/4" mono instrument cable from my electric acoustic to my X18? I have it setup and I can see the input and output meters on the effect signaling but not getting the effect out of my mains. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

John

read more...
    0 11
    • johnd73
      RexBeckett Hi John, that depends on how you have configured the FX. For chorus, you would normally use the FX slot in Send/Return mode. This will take mono inputs through the FX Send bus and provide a stereo output through the FX Return channel which is added to the Main mix.

Check that the channel send to the FX is raised (on the Sends tab), the FX Send Master fader is raised and the FX Return Fader is raised. There are also mutes on both the FX Send bus and FX Return channel so check that they are off.
      • Jul 7
      • X-AIR X18 Will chorus effects work with elect acoustic
        johnd73 Yes sir, I did all that, I’m using FX3 for this scenario and I have everything set just as I do for my vocals on FX1 and FX2, still no effect coming through the mains. I will try and upload a pic or 2 to show where i’m at.
        • Jul 7
      • X-AIR X18 Will chorus effects work with elect acoustic
        RexBeckett A couple more things to check, John. On the FX3 -> Channel tab, make sure that USB is not on and LR is on. Also check if it assigned to any Mute or DCA groups that could be muting it.

If you cannot find the problem, save your current scene using XAir-Edit and attach the .scn file to the first post in this discussion (by editing the post).
        • Jul 8
  • New
    Teacherman65
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-07-07

Having trouble setting up my behringer X32 to the SD16.

0 33
    • Teacherman65
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. For technical support please contact us through the Support link at the top of the page. After clicking Support, click on Technical Support and fill out a request.
      • Jul 7
  • New
    AlexisLedesma
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-04

hola como puedo comprar una tarjesta usb para una rx18 behriger

0 34
    • AlexisLedesma
      • behriher
        Nigel67 Hi Alexis, you can purchase a replacement pcb through our spares department. They can be contacted by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Spare Parts tab and submit a ticket. A colleague will then get back to you with pricing and availability. Many thanks
        • Jul 4
  • New
    Kevin44
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-04

Our band recently purchased an X32 rack and an S16 stage box to upgrade from our Xair18. I would like to run 5 stereo item units with this setup. I have successfully routed inputs between the 2 units, and have setup 3 stereo item mixes on X32 rack outputs 1-6. Am using outputs 7&8 for left/right out. I am am having trouble routing the outputs on the stage box to the X32 rack. Not sure what I'm missing, any help would be greatly appreciated.

read more...
    0 36
    • Kevin44
      GaryHiggins Kevin, the rack outputs are done via xlr out, the stagebox routing is done via aes50a out (you need to be connected to the A port side on the S16) if using the default configuration then you are concerned with routing aes50a out 1-8. It is probably set at ‘out 1-8’ (making it the same as the rack) you will want to change it to out 9-16. You could just change the configuration settings but you don’t have to. This will then use the last 8 assignments from the outputs 1-16 routing menu as the S16 outputs for your iem setup.
      • Jul 4
    • Kevin44
      Kevin44

Thanks, but I’m still missing something. On the tab AES50 A..set to out 9-16. On the output 1-16 tab, outputs 9-16 have an asterisk that says “these outputs are currently not connected to any physical output connector on this device. Please check the slur routing tab.”

• Jul 4
    • Kevin44
      Kevin44

Xlr routing tab

• Jul 4
    • Kevin44
      Paul_Vannatto Ignore those asterisk. All they are saying is that you don't have physical XLR output jacks. But you still can use the Out 1-16 screen to "stage" (or make up) the banks of 8 that are required for assignments of the AES50 screen.
      • Jul 4
      • X32 rack and S16 output sync
        Kevin44 On the the output 1-16 tab I have the iems matched to the correct outputs, but get nothing on the meters or signal to the iems.
        • Jul 4
    • Kevin44
      Kevin44 Ok, thank you for that. The inputs work correctly, the outputs 1-8 are working correctly, but I can’t get anything from 9-16. I’m just so confused, didn’t think this was that tough to do
      • Jul 4
  • New
    KevTyler
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-07-04

hi guys, hope all are well, I recently upgraded from a 12 to an x air 18, I have installed the usb driver and I get the x air control panel that shows when my desk is connected but I find so many times that I’m constantly re powering the desk in order for my laptop to see it. Sometimes the laptop sees the desk and my faders receive midi from touch osc etc, but the actual x air sound card is not outputting anything to the desk. Any help appreciated 

cheers 

Kev 

read more...
    0 22
    • KevTyler
      Paul_Vannatto Hey Kev, are you by chance using USB 3.0 (blue) ports on your computer? Because all Behringer USB ports are USB 2.0 compliant, they don't always work well with USB 3. The other thing it could be is the USB cable (they can go flakey).
      • Jul 4
    • KevTyler
      KevTyler

• Jul 5
    • KevTyler
      KevTyler

thansk so much paul, i dont think im using a usb 3 port, its not blue, none of my ports are, but i know one of them is a 3. i might try and unisntall usb 3 support if i can becuase i dont have any other devices that need it, this laptop is for gigs only.ill come back and lñet you know how it goes, cheers kev

• Jul 5
    • KevTyler
      KevTyler

Hi guys in the end I decided to hot glue a usb Audio dongle to my x air 12 and stop fiddling with windows. Cheers. Kev

• Jul 8
Go to page