Statistics

242,663 members
119,060 posts
  • New
    aboerstra
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-04

I have instruments connected on channel 9/10 and 11/12 and I can hear them coming out the main L/R.  They also show levels in XR Edit on my iPad.

However they are not sending on their respective USB channels into Ableton.

I have installed the latest Firmware (1.17) on the XR18

I am connected to a Mac 11.2.3 (Big Sur)

I have done a factory reset on the XR18.

The Routing tab is set to default settings.

Any ideas?

read more...
    0 14
    • aboerstra
      KlausMock Which version of Ableton do you use. Afaik Ableton lite supports only eight audio tracks. So, doublecheck the functions available for your version of the application .
      • Jul 4
  • New
    Zappy4223
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-02

Hi,

I've got an X32.  In the group bus section, bus 4 text and icon has disappeared.  The light is on and the bus functions, but no text.

The firmware is the latest, and I've done a factory reset.  No luck.

Anybody got any ideas

read more...
    0 57
    • Zappy4223
      NicJonesMT Hi Zappy4223.
      If you manually change the name or image for this Bus is it still blank?
      Does this happen across all scenes or just a specific one?

If manually changing the image and text does not resolve the issue then could you please submit a technical support ticket and a member of the team will be able to assist you further.
      • Jul 3
    • Zappy4223
      KlausMock What about changing the layer? If the same occors on all layers, then this might is a sign that there is something wrong with the display. If this only happens on that particular layer I guess this has something to do with the bus channel config.
      • Jul 3
    • Zappy4223
      Zappy4223

Thanks all. It's the lcd. I've done all the above. Luckily the vendor (sweetwater) is sending a replacement, considering it's less than 3 months old. Gotta love those guys

• Jul 3
  • New
    GeorgeLivanios
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-02

Hello, after working with it for 3 months with no problems, suddenly my pc does not initialise the flow8 audio driver. I tried uninstall it and re-instal it (vers 5.0) but with no results. The mixer is working perfectly with line-in or bluetooth connections. i tried install it to another laptop but even there no audio device (flow8) was detected. Please any recomendations would be helpfull. Τhe Flow8 has the latest firmware (i also tried factory reset) and i am running win10 home 64 (i3-7100).

Thanks in advance 

George Livanios

read more...
    0 23
    • GeorgeLivanios
      NicJonesMT Hi GeorgeLivanios. Could you please submit a technical support ticket (Click Support above) and a member of the team will be able to advise you further.
      Can you please answer the following questions when you submit the ticket (Answer it in the Description Field)

• How do you have the Flow connected to your computer? We always recommend connecting directly to your computer rather than an external hub, and also recommend removing any non essential USB devices. Ensure that any USB powersave settings are disabled.
      • Have you connected the device to an alternative USB port? Please try to connect to a 2.0 port directly on your computers Motherboard.
      • Do you have access to an alternative USB cable that the device can be tested with?
      • Are you connected to USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 ports? Please use USB 2.0 ports where possible, there is no advantage to using a USB 2.0 device in a USB 3.0 port and USB 3.0 ports can vary quite a lot, which gives differing levels of performance and stability.
      • Can you please detail any other devices that are being used in conjunction? This includes your PC (Include the full build specs) and any other USB devices. We need to know your full setup and how everything is connected.
      • Can you confirm the Windows Version and Build you are using (Found in "About your PC")?
      • Can you confirm the Firmware and Driver version you are using?
      • Does the Flow8 appear in your Windows Device manager?
      • What software are you using the device with?
      • Do you have a similar device that you can compare the behaviours of? For example another USB audio interface.
      • Can you please provide me with a detailed description of how the device is behaving and any other trouble shooting steps that you have undertaken?
      • Is the Issue Intermittent or constant? If it is intermittent is there a specific setting that needs to be used to cause the issue?
      • Have you recently updated your computers BIOS or Operating system?
      • Jul 3
  • New
    Zephie1234
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-02

I'm trying to find out a way to multitrack record all 32 channels as post fader, so that the eq, gate and compression and effects would translate in my DAW.

1 32
  • New
    stephanthemps
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-02

the setup I use is an X32 rack connected to a PC laptop running X32 Edit controlled by a Dell Touchscreen.

Radomly the software will loose connection with the X32 rack. It is often stable for a couple of hours but when it looses connection ones it seems to loose connection every coouple of minutes or so. X32 rack connects directly to PC. Just using DHCP at the moment.

Is there something I can do to make this stable?

read more...
    1 24
    • stephanthemps
      Paul_Vannatto Is your PC connected to the X32 Rack using wired (ethernet) or wireless (wifi) and are you using a router in between the PC and X32? If you are using wired connection, I would suspect one of the ethernet cables is flakey (yes they do go bad). If you are using wifi, change to the 5Ghz band instead of the 2.4Ghz.
      • Jul 2
    • stephanthemps
      GaryHiggins I would try static ip’s also if it persists, can’t hurt.
      • Jul 2
  • New
    kelvin0mql
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-01

3 outputs for my ears:
    Beyerdynamic DT770 Headphones (gaming, listening)
    Heil Pro 7 Headset Ham radio (specifically & only ham radio)
    Onkyo HT-RC430 (for doing any/all without sweaty ears, might be replaced by balanced-fed studio speakers)

3 Stereo Inputs/Outputs to computers:
    Mac Mini (work video conferences)
    Win 10 GameBeast (work vid conferences, gaming, central command for all this various crap-n-junk)
    Win 10 RadioPC (connects to 2 ham radios, and ONLY does ham radio stuff)

2 Microphones:
    Heil big chrome monster on a boom that looks 80 years old
    Heil Pro headset (which will likely only ever plug directly into the HF radio, so might not ever touch the mixer)

2 Radio Transceivers with mono line in/out.

Current mixer is Behringer Xenix Q802.

My daytime life is I'm working simultaneously on the Mac and the GamerBeast PC.

Listening to Spotify on the Mac - direct to the Onkyo.

If a conference call comes in, I will hear the audio on the GamerBeast PC's LCD monitor (not ideal, but passable), and they'll hear me via the big chrome Heil boom mic -> Q802 -> USB -> GamerBeast.

Where I get into trouble is if I decide to put on headphones (because Funk volume and wife also WFH upstairs are incompatible), then I get into a routing problem when the next VidConf starts.

Plug headphones into Onkyo? Sure. But then I can't hear notifications from the puny LG monitor's speakers.

Ideally, whether I'm listening to Spotify (Mac) and/or either/both ham radios, over room speakers or headphones, I should be able to hear from any and all sources, without un-plugging my headphones to move them around.

Ideally, I could mute, solo, pan any of the above-listed inputs, to hear what I want for what I'm doing at the time. e.g. I would be able to hear everything, but when I answer a VidConf call on the GamerBeast, I'd poke the Solo button, and poof, I can't get interrupted by the ham radios, nor anything else.

Ideally, I could take input from either of the PCs and send it to either ham radio transceiver's Line In, though most of the time only the RadioPC (digital modes) and the overhead boom mic get to the tranceivers' inputs.

I do have an iPad Pro (not the latest one, but a gen older). I'm OK with using Win or Mac or iOS as the UI for setting up the routing of a new mixer thingy-jobber.

There's a pair of switches within a screen-printed box on the Q802 indicating they kind of work together. The box is labeled "USB/2-TRACK".
    Top switch is "TO PHONES/CTRL RM"
    Bottom switch is "TO MAIN MIX"
    Because of how these 2 switches do/don't work together, it means that since I hear FROM the GamerBeast via the USB connection, and send Mic audio TO the GamerBeast via the USB connection (i.e. it is operating as a USB Audio Interface in this regard) it often happens that I was doing one of the other things it's possible to do, over the weekend, and then come the first VideoConference I find that they can't hear me, or I can't hear them, or both. Then I go through some panic poking of these 2 switches until they can hear me and I can hear them. I presume there is anti-moron logic here to stop me from making a feedback loop such that the PC input can "hear" the PC's output. Fair enough; I'm a moron, and I would totally do that. But because I'm prevented from doing that, I'm also prevented from using one routing setup that handles evening gaming, weekend ham radio contesting, and day-job teleconferencing.

I suspect the solution to my multi-use weirdness is one of the following two units:
    ADA8200
    X AIR XR16

I'm not going to produce music. Many simultaneous inputs to a DAW is not needed. Many simultaneous inputs to my EARS is. Also, super duper audiophile quality is not high priority. I'm mostly listening to music to fight earworms, and otherwise am dealing with spoken voice in and out (often very narrow bandwidth/fidelity on purpose).

Really the ultimate priority is to have control over which target devices are able to hear what sources, and when. Also, what target devices can be blocked from EVER hearing some target devices. For example, it is illegal to play music on ham radio. So the Mac Mini that plays Spotify music - I need to be able to block that from ever getting to the Line In of the ham radio transceivers.

If you've read this far, you can see why watching spec and review youtubes and reading spec sheets has gotten me no further than suspecting one of those might solve my situations (or almost), but I'm still certain something I do occasionally is going to mean I have to unplug something that I'll have to plug back in on Monday.

Given that this is often a high-RF-noise environment, if I'm getting audio from the Mac or the GamerBeast in a way that is not USB, I'd prefer to use their SPDIF feeds because RF does not cause intermod on photons.

Help me - I'm a dork. I know I'm throwing the worst problems at this.

read more...
    0 19
    • kelvin0mql
      Paul_Vannatto The ADA8200 does not provide any signal zoning, mixing or mix-minus. The XR16 does provide a limited amount of zoning (routing). But the USB is designed to be used with a USB stick, not for connecting to a PC. The XR18 has more routing (and zoning) flexibility and the USB is designed to connect to a PC (18x18). If I was in your scenario, I would use one of my X32 Racks, which has much more routing (and zoning flexibility) as well as USB to PC (32x32)
      • Jul 1
  • New
    knaepp
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-01

To whom it may concern,

I recognized a strange behavior of the X32- and M32-family consoles when saving cues. During the re-gaining of our band we saved most information in scene files. This re-gaining made it necessary to save some settings - ie faders and other modified elements (compressor, eq and so on) in snippet files to transfer those to other scenes.

After our rehearsal I recognized that something went wrong and I tried to fix it in offline mode. When I opened up the snippet files in an ascii-editor I recognized that some of the snippet names in line 1 of the file did not match with the name of the snippet in our cue. The names I found were completely different (older names we used earlier) from those they are named in the list of our console.

I know that we once used those snippet names but we did change the settings and the name of the snippet. If I just export only one snippet after the other they contain the name you could read in the list. But if you export them during cue-export they contain different (older) names. The names presented in the list are stored in the show file and if I import the show to the console the snippet names will show up the names coming from the show. If I would import a snippet from a show-export the name would be adjusted to the old name stored in the snippet file.

Any idea about that?

Thanks in advance

Matthias

read more...
    0 26
    • knaepp
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Matthias, what version of X32-Edit are you using? There was a bug in an earlier version with those symptoms that was fixed. Make sure you are using version 4.3 with firmware 4.06 on the console.
      • Jul 1
  • New
    BladeSparx
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-01

Does a computer or laptop have sufficient power to run the flow 8 at peak performance?

Does it support USB 2 or 3 connctions and is it bi-directional?

How do the unmatched impedances of the left and right 5/6 7/8 pairs of TRS inputs affect the input signal strength?

I am very disappointed that they used a micro usb connection for power input. Very bad choice as this is a very weak connector that eventually becomes very loose from my expreince with a nice studio camera camera and i am careful with my equipment.

read more...
    0 33
    • BladeSparx
      PedroRodrigues Hi BladeSparx Thank you for your contact, please consider that to be possible to provide you all the information you require on this matter please follow the link below t submit an assistance request directly with our Tech Support Team https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new-ticket?type=Technical%20Support&brand=Behringer
      Thank you
      • Jul 1
    • BladeSparx
      GlennAdams Blade - is that your real name? I too worry about non pro connections like the USB on the Flow 8. I used a short 90 deg. extension secured so the wear is on the end of the extension. After a few hundred connections I will replace it and save the mixer connection all that wear.
      • Jul 2
      • USB power - TRS Impedances  -  Power connection
        NZdave Hi there Glenn. Can you tell us where to get that short micro extension from?
        • Jul 2
    • BladeSparx
      NZdave Hi there Glenn. Can you tell us where to get that short micro extension from?
      • Jul 2
    • BladeSparx
      BladeSparx

That is for the power supply connection. They don't ship the power supply with it?. WOW!. It is battery operated though. per the videos I have seen

• Jul 3
  • New
    Jydeda01
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-30

I just aquired one of these devices and running through set up procedures following some You Tube videos

Although it connects to its own built in Wifi on my PC, I cant get it to connect via WLAN which is what I really need it to do.

The Button is centered on Wifi Client
    I have entered the SSID and password under settings and selected WPA2 and DHCP.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

read more...
    0 46
    • Jydeda01
      Dale_M Hi there assuming you have followed this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58IfULV5V6E

If you are still having issues we would advise going to the support tab above and raising a Technical ticket.
      • Jul 1
    • Jydeda01
      Jydeda01

Thanks for that. I have followed the general steps but maybe not in the correct order. I will run through it again following the tips and cross check what I am doing wrong.

• Jul 1
  • New
    Darell108
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-30

Hi

I have come across a X32 where the fader motor will only raise faders and not lower them. Manual movements are all ok and behave as you would expect.

The issue only affects the first bank of 8 faders.

I have performed a firmware update to 4.06 in an attept to fix.

Has anyone else experienced this problem before, what was your fix?

read more...
    0 22
    • Darell108
      Dale_M Sorry to hear this. We would advise you raise a Technical ticket from the Support tab above so we can assist you.
      • Jun 30
Go to page