Statistics

284,724 members
166,559 posts
  • New
    thewesr
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2022-03-28

I own an X32 Rack and an XR18.   I use them both, but have found that there is about 6dB difference in gain between the two units on each channel.   The XR18 has about 6dB more gain than my X32 Rack.

I noticed this recently when I was recording with both units.   The tracks recorded on the XR18 were much stronger than those recorded on the X32 Rack.   I measured the input and output gain on both units using a reference mic and pink noise.   I was surprised at the difference.  

The difference in gain is also apparent during our band practices when we go from one unit to the other.   Each channel is set the same on the two units, so that I can use them interchangeably.    But the XR18 is noticeably louder than the X32.  As I understand it, both units use the same preamps.

Does anyone have any ideas why the gain on the two units would be so different?

read more...
    0 18
    • thewesr
      Dale_M XR18 has a 6dB lower operation level compared to X32. Max output is 16dBu. That means for unity gain the inputs are 6dB 'hotter'. This is a design not a fault.
      • Apr 6
  • New
    GapwayBaptist1775
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-25

Just bought X32 mixer board with 40 inputs for our church. While setting up channel 1, got a red light where phantom power mic plugs into board and also the channel ID light above fader slide is out.  Is there a guide to troubleshoot this?

0 19
    • GapwayBaptist1775
      Paul_Vannatto The phantom light goes on when you enable phantom on that channel. For the channel ID (called the scribble strip), if is not lit, it means that the channel's source (on the config screen) is set to OFF. Change the assignment to and input (eg. IN01) and the scribble strip will light up.
      • Mar 24
    • GapwayBaptist1775
      Paul_Vannatto The X32 Manual can be found on the X32 product site (in the Product Library, Documentation on the right). Here is the link:
      https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0ASF
      • Mar 24
  • New
    sfitch3
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-24

We are having issues getting our bass guitar to come through the system into the p16 set up for in ear monitors.  We have tried both through bass guitar amp and directly to the digital snake.   But all we get is a buzzing sound for the ears.  

read more...
    0 6
    • sfitch3
      Nigel67 Hi sfitch3. I am going to need some more information please about your set up. Is it just one P16M that you have and you just want it to listen to the bass guitar? Do you have a CAT5e cable between the X32 Ultranet output and the Ultranet input on the P16M? There is no other way to get audio into a P16M apart from via the Ultranet. You then need to route the bass guitar to the Ultranet/P16. Please take a look at this video which will help you send audio to the P16M. It is not the latest firmware version however it hasn't changed to much over releases. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0Ww7G5tvjg. There are probably more videos on using the P16M on You Tube.
      • Mar 27
  • New
    chelejovan
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-24

I'm trying to create 2 separate mixes. One for the house and another for the live stream. I figured that part out. what im having trouble with, is when I create the mix for the live stream it takes away my control of the house mix. How can I fix this ? 

read more...
    0 10
    • chelejovan
      Paul_Vannatto Either explain how you have the 2 mixes setup, or better yet, export your scene to a file, upload it to the cloud (eg. Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) and provide a shareable link. That way we can have a look and better advise.
      • Mar 23
  • New
    Ivesya
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-23

Hi,

I'm trying to update the Flow 8 firmware with the simplyPUT software in linux but I get this error:

DFU ERROR 4: Device Failed to Enter DFU Mode

My main system is UbuntuStudio 32bit (I'm in the process of migrating to 64bit), so I tried to update the firmware from a usb-live system (AVLinux MX-21 64bit).

Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance

read more...
    0 14
    • Ivesya
      NicJonesMT Hi there.
      Can you please click support at the top of the page and submit a technical support ticket.A member of the team will then be able to advise you further.
      • Mar 23
    • Ivesya
      Ivesya

Thanks!

• Mar 29
  • New
    Charles6174
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-22

I have a input for my computer coming into the behringer x32, i only get out put to the main house speekers, how do i get it to go to my stage monitors?

0 9
    • Charles6174
      Nigel67 Hi Charles6174. Where do you have the input from your computer plugged in to, and which outputs do you have the stage monitors plugged in to? If they are plugged into the Bus Outputs on the rear of the X32, then as default the
      Busses are as default already routed to the XLRs on the rear of the console. In which case, all you need to do is turn up the relevant Bus sends on the input channel that you have the audio going into and raise the relevant Bus fader(s) and you will get output from the XLR(s) on rear of the mixer. Have you checked out any of the online tutorial videos showing how to route signal through an X32.
      • Mar 22
  • New
    bmegash12345
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-22

Please I am looking for Behringer x32 power supply to buy online. Any assistance? 

0 18
    • bmegash12345
      Nigel67 Please contact our spares team and they will be able to advise you pricing and availability. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Spare Parts tab and submit a ticket. Many thanks. You do not mention where you reside, but you could also contact your local Super Partner for you area.
      • Mar 21
  • New
    JonathanAllen
    Contributor - Level 1
    2022-03-20

We are a church that uses our X32 (current firmware) to mix for our service and send audio out for our live stream. We have the stream outputs set up on Bus 11/12. All our channels send to the busses post-fader so the house mix provides the starting point and then we adjust the sends to 11/12 to dial it in for the stream.

Everything has been fine until last week when the entire stream sounded strange. Things sounded almost robotic and there was a phaser effect on all of the music. We have no idea how it happened. We thought maybe it was a fluke, but we had exactly the same thing on the stream this weekend. It's definitely not an acceptable situation and we need to get it resolved for next week.

Has anyone experienced this before? Or, could you help us troubleshoot it? We've looked at everything we can think of, but obviously we're missing something.

First check was with the effects, of course. We use four send/return effects. A plate reverb on the singers, a vintage reverb on the drums, a hall reverb on the acoustic guitar, and a hall reverb that adds just a little presence to the stream as a whole. We use no insert effects. We looked at all the settings on the effects page and everything checks out as normal.

There is no issue in the main speakers or in our in-ear monitors. The problem is isolated to the stream.

We send the stream out from physical outputs 11/12 into an ATEM Studio Pro switcher, then into our iMac that streams to YouTube.

Any advice, thoughts, or questions are welcome. Thanks!

read more...
    0 9
    • JonathanAllen
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Jonathan. I would suggest you check the samplerate to make sure it matches in the X32, ATEM and iMac. It will either be 44.1K or 48K (the only choices available in the X32).
      • Mar 20
    • JonathanAllen
      KevinMaxwell The other ting that will cause that is you have something or things going thru 2 different paths so they are coming thru out of sync or out of phase. Go to your original post in this thread and paste your scene from the X32 here and we can take a look and should be able to tell you where the error is.
      • Mar 20
    • JonathanAllen
      JonathanAllen

I am uploading my scene file with this comment to see if anyone is able to help me further. I can’t find anything obvious.

The only thing that sticks out to me is that it sounds like maybe there is some sort of delay happening, like something is out of sync. I hear it clearly during the speaking portion of message. As time goes on the delay gets longer and shorter. Maybe that is the issue, but I don’t know how to track it down and fix it.

Here are a couple cues for the stream itself so you can hear what it is doing. The first is during the music where it sounds like a phaser is on the whole thing ( https://youtu.be/nLeUq7cC2PA?t=1657 ) and the second is during the message when you can hear the delay clearly ( https://youtu.be/nLeUq7cC2PA?t=2161 ). If you scrub though the message you can hear the differences.

I would really appreciate any insight you can give on this issue so we can get it fixed before this coming weekend. Thanks!

• Mar 23
    • JonathanAllen
      JonathanAllen Here is the scene file. I had to ZIP it because the SCN wouldn't upload.

Carolina Family.scn.zip
      • Mar 23
    • JonathanAllen
      JonathanAllen

Carolina Family.zip
      • Mar 23
  • New
    Clearwaters316
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-15

Hi, suddenly we lost the return from the X-Air 18 mixer to our wirecast? Wircast is running under Winows 10 Pro. Not sure what to do. Thanks, Ken

0 4
    • Clearwaters316
      Nigel67 Is the computer still seeing the X-AIR 18 in audio devices under Bluetooth and other devices? If it isn't, then you could try a new USB cable, uninstalling and re-installing the driver. See if the X-Air 18 is seen by another computer. If it isn't, then the USB could have failed. Your only option then would be to try a factory reset. Was there an upgrade/patch to the computer or anything added to the system between it working and not?
      • Mar 15
  • New
    Blackwido
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-14

Hi I have a row of 3 behringer pedals daisychained on a board. Last evening our power failed and come straight back on I went to use the pedals this morn and all 3are dead..tried them one by one nothing tried an old pedal on the power lead and it works are these repairable or of the throw away generation.regards

read more...
    0 9
    • Blackwido
      Dale_M Hi there it sounds like some kind of power surge has killed them, can you advise if they still work on battery power or is there no difference? I am afraid they are of such low value to purchase as an end user that a fault like this would make the beyond economic repair so you would likely be better to replace them.
      • Mar 14
Go to page