Statistics

250,514 members
127,680 posts
  • joehooli
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-07

I would like to use my ethernet connection to send outputs from my mains to a PC on the network.

Has anyone done that?  Also, what cables and interfaces do you need to hook up the X USB card to the network?

Thanks!

0 50
    • joehooli
      Paul_Vannatto The X32 ethernet port is for control only using the OSC protocol (via UDP). No audio is passed to it.

The X-USB card provides 32 channel audio (bidirectional) via USB only. If you want audio on a network, you need to invest in an X-Dante card.
      • August 7, 2020
    • joehooli
      joehooli Thanks! So I need a square USB to rectangular USB cord to connect to a PC, yes? Is it a special cable or generic? I have one left over from an older HP printer that might work.
      • August 7, 2020
      • Assigning outputs to x32 ethernet port
        Paul_Vannatto Yes a printer cable should work
        • August 7, 2020
  • axeslinger1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-06

How long does it take to hear anything about a ticket for warranty repair?

0 37
    • axeslinger1
      RexBeckett It may take a few days in the current situation. You should have received a confirmation email within a day or two. If not, check your email spam/junk folder.
      • August 6, 2020
    • axeslinger1
      Nigel67 What was your ticket number and I can check for you
      • August 7, 2020
  • JanWilliams
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-08-05

First, are the F1, F2 and F3 keys on the upper right corner of the Wing Console programmable like the user keys?  And if so, how would I access the programming functions?

Thanks very much

0 210
    • JanWilliams
      Paul_Vannatto No they are not, Jan. They are context sensitive to the selected function.
      • August 5, 2020
      • Programming the F1, F2 and F3 keys on Wing Console
        JanWilliams Thanks Paul. Seems like that could be expanded so that user functions could be programmed.
        • August 5, 2020
    • JanWilliams
      DickStraathof Hi, from what I found out the F1, F2, and F3 display views correspond with the first three pages of the Custom Controls.
      I have four reverb/delay effects in my first custom control layer programmed and I like the convenience that delay times and reverb length are visible at all times without touching the rotary knob first.

DickS.
      • August 5, 2020
  • Saleya
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-05

Hi all,

I have a Fender Strato connected on a Hi-Z input of a XR12 via a PRO DI box removing a big part of the noise but not all of it.

I could remove almost 100% of what was remaining with a noise gate.

All good except when the sound of the guitar fades out, the sound kind of breaks and is not a nice continuous fading out sound.

I have uploaded a screen shot of the noise gate.

Any suggestion ?

Thank you for your help

read more...
    0 113
    • Saleya
      RexBeckett It can be difficult to tune a Gate so that you don't hear it operate. I would try either turning off the Side Chain Filter or setting it to a wider bandwidth. For high-frequency noise (hiss) you could try setting it to HC12 with a higher Frequency. If the noise is low-frequency (hum), you could try LC12 with a lower Frequency. You want the gate to be triggered open by any note but not noise. It may also help to extend the Release time.
      • August 5, 2020
    • Saleya
      Saleya Thank you Rex for taking the time. I will try that this evening and let you know.
      • August 5, 2020
    • Saleya
      Saleya Rex, definitely some improvements playing with the Side Chain Filter, but, as you mentioned, no 100% perfect when the sound fades away, but at this level, it might not even be audible in real life. Anyway, playing with the frequencies I found this essential website : https://www.zytrax.com/tech/audio/audio.html One must know where to cut (gate, equalizer, ...) according to the instrument on the channel.
      • August 5, 2020
  • thormilde
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-04

Hi,

I have not been able to find any detailed documentation on the enormous amounts of buttons and feature in the Wing. Bot for all settings in the Setup menu and all other options and parameters on the console. Like the "EQ-Band/Key" Listen button?

thor

read more...
    0 39
    • thormilde
      Paul_Vannatto A Wing users manual has not yet been released. The best documentation is either posts here on the forum or instructional videos on YouTube.
      • August 4, 2020
  • Wildtech
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-03

Sorry if this posted twice.

Still a newbie on the X32 mixer I recently misplaced channels 9 - 16 and after much hunting found them misrouted to local instead of AES50.(That's a long story cut very short!)  During the search I noticed that channels 1-8 have an `A` in the channel LCD screen which seems to mirror a setting in the home screen `auto mix X Y`.  I can't seem to find this in the manual and am now curious to know what it is and why it is ony on channels 1-8

read more...
    0 33
    • Wildtech
      RexBeckett On the X32, the automix function is only supported on channels 1-8. Automix can be useful for managing panel discussions but doesn't help in most music applications.
      • August 3, 2020
    • Wildtech
      Wildtech Thanks Rex. As probably 99% of my use will be music I can consider this function as perhaps an appendix then. It just happened to be one of a few red herrings in my search for my missing channels . :)
      • August 3, 2020
  • da_bassman
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-08-02

I've had this mixer up and running without any problems for about 3 months but in the last few weeks it's intermittently dropping the connection via ethernet. At first it was random but today it would stay connected for about 2 minutes or so. It stayed connected one time for about 5 minutes. Once the reconnect dialog box pops up you can reconnect without any problems until it drops again. Quite frustrating to say the least

The ethernet cable it a 50ft (factory made) cable that has not given any problems for several years. Both ends of the cable have been re-seated several times to hopefully take away a bad connection possibilty.

Any thoughts on the possible promlem(s) would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Glen

read more...
    0 208
    • da_bassman
      Paul_Vannatto Good chance it is one of the ends of the ethernet cable. Yes cables do go bad. I would suggest that you either re-terminate both ends or try another cable.
      • August 2, 2020
    • da_bassman
      da_bassman You are correct sir cables can and do go bad. And that could be the problem though I didn't really consider it as it is in what I think would be called a static situation. It goes from point A to B and does not get moved at all. As a stop gap measure I connected via wireless today until I can get a new ethernet cable to see if that fixes the problem. Thanks for your input sir.
      • August 3, 2020
    • da_bassman
      Saleya If the problem remains with a new cable, try to turn the wifi of your computer off. I cannot connect my XR12 with ethernet when the wifi is on. Once connected, I can turn the wifi back on. But there might be a sort of conflictual situation with x-air trying to use wifi when it is available, even when already connected via ethernet.
      • August 4, 2020
      • Behringer XR18 intermittent ethernet connection problems
        da_bassman An interesting idea to say the least. The wifi on the computer has been on all this time and I didn't suspect it as a possible culprit in this situation. It was not used for connecting to the mixer at any time previously. I will check on this before I connect the new ethernet cable as the routing of said cable is a very difficult one as it has to up into the attic of the church and forward about 40ft and then back down to the mixer location. I'd like very much to not have to do that. Thanks for your input.
        • August 4, 2020
        Saleya No garanties GLEN, just a thought. Let us know how it goes.
        • August 5, 2020
        Saleya Another thought : such a long cable might be disturbed by the electric lines and lights if any. Make sure it does not run close and in parallel to any electric line ; it must cross the electric lines perpendicularly and travel as far as possible from them.
        • August 5, 2020
    • da_bassman
      da_bassman Here's an update.... Ended up not being able to connect at all with ethernet so I did a quick wifi connect (no separate router) as I was just seeing if I could connect and it did nicely. This gave us control capability until my new ethernet cable came in. Sunday past we started having bad dropped connections on the wifi and I'm pretty sure it was due to cell phones too close to the controlling computer. We are using a Mevo camera to stream our church services and the cell phone that controls the camera with probably the offender. Thankfully we were able get through our service since setting are not lost when the connection is. My new cable came in so yesterday I went and worked on the system. No cell phones except mine in my hip pocket and wifi connected just fine and stayed for several minutes. Then trying Saleya's tip about turning off the wifi, I attempted to connect with the original ethernet cable and it connected successfully and as far as I know stayed connected all evening during worship team's practice. So it appears as of now everything is back to normal. Thanks for all the help. It's great to have a place to go and received this kind of help.
      • August 11, 2020
  • BobbySadler
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-07-28

Hello..

I have my monitor bus set for my vox, the backing tracks, the other singer, and my guitar. The mix is set to my taste; but, as the all-in-one performer and soundman I need to hear how our mains mix is doing now and then.

Is there a way to do this with the least hassle? Can I can keep my monitor send as-is, and just make one or two small adjustments on my iPad via "X32-Mix" to put the mains in my IEMs?

Thanks in advance.

~Bobby Lane

read more...
    0 70
    • BobbySadler
      Paul_Vannatto Change the assignment of the outputs to your IEM from the mixbus pair to the Main LR. Without seeing your scene file, I would hazzard a guess that the change will probably be on the Routing, Out 1-16 screen.
      • July 28, 2020
      • Monitor The Mains From Stage w/X32 Rack
        BobbySadler Thank you Paul.. over the years you've been a great resource of knowledge.. I rolled up my sleeves and I think I came up with a good solution using the Preset tab in the Routing pages.
        • July 28, 2020
    • BobbySadler
      BobbySadler I think I came up with a solution within X32-Mix:

Go to Routing Tab and Create Preset for the Normal Monitoring Setup
      Give it a Name
      Go to LR buss Sends and Send to Matrix 1 (I chose 0 dB)
      Go to back to Routing Tab and Set my Monitor Output to Matrix 1
      Create another Preset w/Name to indicate monitoring the Mains

now it should be as simple as pulling up the Routing Tab on X32-Mix and go to the Presets Tab and and switch presets to either my regular monitoring setup or the monitoring the mains setup.

I will set this to solved; but feel free to comment and make suggestions.

Cheers and stay healthy!
      ~Bobby Lane
      • July 28, 2020
        BobbySadler I've got 2 Snippets setup: 1 for my regular monitoring. the other for my mains monitoring. now to remember how to implement MIDI for the ease of changing.
        • July 28, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Use program change, channel 2, values 1-100 (for snippet 1-100)
        • July 29, 2020
  • GeorgeDougherty
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-07-27

May already be on the request list, but I'd love to see all the channel emulations from gating and compression available in the standard effect slots.  At the very least, all the compressors would be great to better enable serial compression alongside gating on a channel.  Would be nice if the gate slot could also do a greater mix of compressors as well so serial compression is more creatively possible without burning effects rack slots when you don't need a gate.

read more...
    0 32
    • GeorgeDougherty
      GaryHiggins For Wing?
      • July 27, 2020
    • GeorgeDougherty
      GeorgeDougherty Yes, updated subject.
      • July 27, 2020
    • GeorgeDougherty
      GeorgeDougherty In thinking about it, an emulated RNC would be pretty cool. The RNC1773 had a supernice mode with 3 stage serial compression built-in.
      • July 27, 2020
    • GeorgeDougherty
      KlausMock +1 from my side to have the channel effects also available within the FX Rack.
      • July 27, 2020
  • Brad13
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-27

I am running X32 Edit (Version 4.1), installed on a Dell XPS18 Tablet, and I can't seem to get my tablet to wirelessly connect to our Behringer X32 Board over Wi-Fi?

0 43
    • Brad13
      Paul_Vannatto Is the X32 and tablet correctly connected to the router (with same subnet - ie first 3 digits of IP is identical)? Are you running firmware 4.02 on the X32?
      • July 27, 2020
    • Brad13
      Brad13 1. I have the X32 board directly connected to a Netgear Nighthawk 2.5 & 5G "stand alone" router (IP: 192.168.1.2), and our M-32 iPhone Apps use that IP every week to connect with the Behringer X32 board which allows us to each personally adjust the feed into our Shure P3RA In-Ear-Monitors. 2. The Behringer Board is a 2007 model, and I don't think the firmware has ever been updated.
      • July 27, 2020
    • Brad13
      Brad13 When I am in the building with ; the X32 on; and my tablet running X32 Edit; I click on Setup, Type in 192.168.1.2 and "try" to click CONNECT, but the "Connect" button is greyed out.
      • July 27, 2020
    • Brad13
      Brad13 My tablet has Version 4.01 of the X32 Edit Software, but I do not know the firmware date or generation from the board at the church until I get there on Thursday.
      • July 27, 2020
      • X32 Edit on Dell XPS18 Tablet Will Not Connect to X32 over Wi-Fi?
        Paul_Vannatto X32-Edit 4.1 requires X32 firmware 4.01 or 4.02. When you get to the church, check on the Setup screen (first tab - on left side) for firmware number. If it isn't 4.x, then you will either need to update the X32 or find a version of X32-Edit for that particular firmware.
        • ·
        • July 27, 2020
    • Brad13
      Brad13 The consoles IP Address Changes every now and then, so we always make sure to check it before we type in the first three digits of the "current" IP (192.168.1.2). This is the same IP we use for our M-32 I-Phone app, and they work just fine.
      • July 27, 2020
      • X32 Edit on Dell XPS18 Tablet Will Not Connect to X32 over Wi-Fi?
        Paul_Vannatto If it is changing by itself, it probably means that the DHCP is enabled on the Setup, network screen. This allows the router's DHCP server to assign an IP address to the X32. If the DHCP is not enabled on the X32 and it is changing, it means that someone has changed it manually.
        • ·
        • July 27, 2020
Go to page