Statistics

293,992 members
177,049 posts
  • New
    psavolai
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-21

Hi ,

Using X32 Producerin home studio settting.
    Mixing tracks coming from daw and bussing them and sending busses back to Daw for recording.

All Good, except that I can't seem to find a way to map the returns of the internal effects (4-8) to daw.
    I've tried sending the Busses 13-16 to Matrix and then sending that matrix to User and that to Card ... and millions of variatations on that theme but none seem to work ...

Is there a known way to use effects as part of my mix and have them sent as a one combined bus to daw over card ?

cheers.

read more...
    0 13
    • psavolai
      Paul_Vannatto Sending buses 13-16 is sending the dry signals (signals going to the first 4 FX slots). To get the wet signals, you need to send the FX Returns signals (located on the Aux/FX channel layer) - eg. FX1 L, FX1 R, etc. This will send the wet signals of the first 4 FX slots to the DAW. The last 4 FX slots are insert type FX and are not route-able to the DAW.
      • May 21
  • New
    LarzHanson
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-05-21

Great feature request for the Flow 8 app: Instead of hard-to-see skinny "LED meter strips" on each channel and master, how about making the entire area behind the fader knob and white/gray markings a meter? By its very design, the mixer is intended to hold a phone, and the meters on the app are notoriously hard to see. So instead of the skinny meter strip, make the entire gray/blue/black area the meter, splitting the stereo channels and master at the fader travel line. You might put a skinny black strip between each channel just for definition, but having meters that you can glance at without straining to see them would make the app way more enjoyable! Thanks for considering it!

read more...
    0 17
    • LarzHanson
      Nigel67 Hi LarzHanson. Many thanks for your enhancement request. I will forward it on to the design team for further discussion and possible implementation. All the best.
      • May 22
    • LarzHanson
      Megapit Hi

I don't want to open an other thread for this, so I reply to this on:

I would find it very usefull, to start Audio Pairing in the App. I use this good mixer for rehearsals of my hobby band. Sometimes we want to hear mp3 from the songs we practise and we use differnt band members mobiles for this.

Thanks for this good product!
      • Jun 27
  • New
    aircamperman1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-19

Does anyone have access to replacement parts for the X32 Producer? Specifically the PSU?

Thanks!

1 14
  • New
    RichardLussier
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-05-19

A nice feature would be to be able to assing user buttons to select 3 differend sets of speakers ie. A,B,C,  for monitoring, going to seperate sets of outputs to studio speakers. Most have a seperate console for this purpose, which is a lost of usefull space on a studio desk

Thank you

read more...
    0 12
    • RichardLussier
      CraigFowler Not sure where Wing firmware is atm, but this was pretty easy to set up on the X32 using the user-assign buttons. You'd just write a couple of snippets to route the solo bus to (and away from) whichever outputs sockets were feeding your speakers, and assign the buttons to recall those snippets.
      Button1 would recall a snippet to assign the solo bus to outputs1+2, and assign no signal to outputs3+4+5+6.
      Button2 would recall a snippet to assign the solo bus to outputs3+4, and assign no signal to outputs1+2+5+6.
      Button3 would recall a snippet to assign the solo bus to outputs5+6, and assign no signal to outputs1+2+3+4.
      Button4 would recall a snippet to assign no signal to outputs 1+2+3+4+5+6, essentially muting all monitors.
      • May 20
      • WING  feature request, selection for speaker A. B, and C in the monitoring .
        PatrickGMaillot Basically as Paul Vannatto suggested: use an external app to create the assignments you'd like to have from the existing buttons; Snipshot toolbox is a great option, Wxfade has that capability too.
        • ·
        • May 20
    • RichardLussier
      KevinMaxwell I don’t know how you have your WING configured but have you considered using the Matrix outputs to feed these 3 sets of speakers and just muting and unmuting them as you want to. I don’t have the WING set up at the moment it is still in the case since the last show so I can’t test this. But I think you can assign the matrix mutes to user keys if you wanted to.
      • May 20
    • RichardLussier
      Paul_Vannatto Craig's suggestion is a great idea. Unfortunately they have not officially implemented snippet functionality in the Wing (it is coming... someday). There is a workaround, though. By modifying a snapshot to include only the settings you want changed, it will work as a snippet. This can be accomplished using the Wing Snipshot Toolbox found here:
      https://sourceforge.net/projects/wing-snipshot-toolbox/

Another option is to use the 4 Main channel strips, one for each of the speaker pairs.
      • May 20
    • RichardLussier
      RichardLussier

Thank's guys for these nice suggestions. I am waiting for my WING to come, backorder for another month or so, and sold the X32 last week.... Can't wait to jump in the WING train !!! Looks like the mixing console for me ... I will definitle try Patrick's nice pieces of software right away... I'm kind of a "techy" guy too ...

• May 22
  • New
    Soccerman58
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-19

Hi

I'm having a hard time seeing the display screen on the X32 Compact. Is there any way I can connect an external monitor please?

Thanks

Phil

0 6
    • Soccerman58
      Paul_Vannatto Use X32-Edit on a laptop (Windows, Mac, linux or Raspberry Pi).
      • May 19
    • Soccerman58
      Soccerman58 Aha. Gosh I am so OLD
      • May 20
    • Soccerman58
      Soccerman58 If I use the software as you suggest, would I still be able to use the mixer as a hardware mixing surface while making adjustments in the software please? I like having faders under my fingers, but being able to make adjustments on a monster screen at the same time would be boss. I know they have a digital snake, so presumably the mixer would be at my end of the room. Thanks
      • May 20
    • Soccerman58
      Paul_Vannatto Yes you can use both the mixer and X32-Edit simultaneously. I do it all the time.
      • May 20
  • New
    degreal
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-19

XR18 + XTouch is working great in "xctrl" mode. I cannot figure out how to add XTouch Extender so I don't need to switch fader pages so often. I cannot find "xctrl" mode on my XTouch Extender.

0 13
    • degreal
      NicJonesMT Hi Degreal.
      Unfortunately it isn't possible. The Extender doesnt support XCTL mode so it is not possible to have it connect to an X-Air Mixer.
      • May 20
  • New
    t1worship
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-19

Hello, i have a Beringer X32 compact digital mixer i don't know if i can get a soft copy of any one mix on same mixer to enable me do some adjustment on mine. please it very urgent currently needs it before Sunday to set up for service.

0 7
    • t1worship
      Paul_Vannatto What exactly are you referring to as "a soft copy"? That is not a typical term, X32 eco-system or otherwise.
      • May 19
      • Beringer X32 compact digital soft copy of work done needed
        t1worship actually referring to the settings been done and save, if i can get the file
        • May 19
    • t1worship
      Paul_Vannatto That is called saving and loading scenes. To save a scene (which saves most all console settings), press the scene button (on right side), make sure you are on the scene screen (not cues or snippets), select an unused slot, and press the second encoder (Save).

If you want to export that scene, select the desired scene, press the Utility button, insert a USB stick into the USB slot at the top of the console (to the left of the display), press the 6th encoder and save the scene to the USB stick. This will create a text file with extension of .scn
      • May 19
  • New
    Albert2
    Contributor - Level 1
    2022-05-18

it would be very useful if the blinking remained when you set the tap delay so as to help keep the time in onemanband executions for example

0 10
  • New
    Albert2
    Contributor - Level 1
    2022-05-18

The flow8 is disconnected from the power supply, it is only connected via usb to the mac which is in sleep mode, do I have to worry about this rhythmic flashing?

read more...
    0 34
  • New
    pilgrims1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-18

Could I say my wish for WING console??
    ^^
    Always I said, WING is already great console.
    One my wish is here.
    How about changeable INSERT POINT of Main and MTX like input channels ?
    I want to hear purely input signal of Output Main1(2,3,4),
    but at this time, it couldn't.
    Only can pickup from after INSERT1.

read more...
    0 19
    • pilgrims1
      PedroRodrigues Hi pilgrims1, thank you for your post, I will forward your feature request to the appropriated Team. Thank you
      • May 18
    • pilgrims1
      elcholo5 hello! i just buy 2 wings and 3 sd16 and i cant make it work together as 1 on foh and the another in monitor how can i do to make it work?
      • Jun 3
      • [WING] Feature Request// changeable INSERT TAP point
        KevinMaxwell First I don't think it is a good idea to ask a question that is unrelated in some one else's thread, you should start your own thread.

What have you tried already that didn't work?
        • ·
        • Jun 4
Go to page