Statistics

254,618 members
132,321 posts
  • aprilsamuels
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-09
    I have an issue where the Window 10 PC receives the signal ONLY if the X18 is set to 48kHz clock rate in the Set up. Everything on my PC (where I'm sending the USB) is configured to 44.1kHz, so I need to use that. I do not get a signal when sending as 44.1kHz in any application on my PC (for example, I'm looking for a signal in Control Panel > Sound Settings and in OBS Studio). As soon as I switch to 48kHz it works. Any ideas on why 44.1kHz isn't working?
    read more...
    0 44
  • PureWinter
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-07-08
    Hi Setup overview, I preform live using Ableton Live for backing tracks and Loopers. I use a Kieth Mcmillen Softstep 2 to control the transport buttons, Loopers and other features I in Ableton and a DJ Twister to control the Track mix on Ableton. When I’m playing solo, my IO is a UA Arrow that works great with the current setup. No issues there. When playing as a Duo or Trio I use my xAir 18 and push out each Ableton Track to a separate channel on the xAir via usb. I mute the Ableton tracks I don’t need i.e. if I’m playing with a percussion’s I mute the percussion track on Ableton. Simple works great. Making adjustment to improve the setup Recently I got the great idea to control the mix on the xAir with the DJ Twister. So have gone thru great lengths to program the softstep and Twister’s cc commands not to conflict with the hardwired midi cc commands and channels of the xAir. (Basiclly staying away from channels 1,2 and 3 with the twister and sofstep). It is not documented if the xAir response to midi notes and or any channel greater than 3. Also, on the xAir, in setup / audio / midi I only have usb RX checked to avoid conflict with the other devices. BUT I’m still receiving unwanted midi cc commands into the xAir from the softstep. Specifically, some softstep keys set to transmit note 40 or 41 on channel 5, when pressed it messes the main volume on the xAir channels 3,4,5,6,and 7. If I switch the softstep keys to channel 4 it messes with the mute button on channel 8 of the xAir. Is there someone out there that can help with this? Is there a more robust implementation document on the xAir’s midi functions?
    read more...
    0 67
    • PureWinter
      Paul_Vannatto The X-Air User Manual (https://media63.music-group.com/media/PLM/data/docs/P0BI8/X-AIR-Series_M_EN.pdf) has the midi commands listed on page 31 that also includes channel 3 for pans and balances. We had also discovered DCA and Mutegroups which I had added to the X32/X-Air Wiki midi chart. Unfortunately the Wiki is currently unavailable (and I don't recall what channels they used).
      • July 8, 2020
      • Midi, unwanted commands being received by xAir 18
        PureWinter Thanks, yes channel 1 for faders, 2 for Mutes and mute groups 3 for pans. But not sure why it's responding to to midi notes and on channels greater than 3?
        • July 8, 2020
    • PureWinter
      KevinMaxwell I hope this picture is readable it is from the X-Air series owner’s manual.

Look to see if there is a global channel setting in you External MIDI device and if there is make sure it is turned to off. This is a guess from my experience with the X-Touch Compact. The behavior you are describing is what I experience until I set the Global Midi channel to off. I hope this helps you.
      • July 8, 2020
  • Jlevine
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-08
    Hey guys, Recently bought a wing and am trying to save some time by recording multitrack to an SD card only to load into logic later for editing. The problem I’m finding is trying to send a stereo channel to wplay live. When I send a stereo channel to a wplay channel is it still stereo??? Or does it turn to mono? Also is there a way to mass select “alt” inputs so I can playback through the mains easier?
    read more...
    0 814
    • Jlevine
      GaryHiggins To mass select, use setup/audio hit alt or main (input ch's need to all be set for auto for it to work). I believe the stereo status remains but i have not yet (on a Wing anyway) tried to record from the sd to my daw.
      • July 8, 2020
    • Jlevine
      WITELITE Gary is as always correct.Just send the 2 Wplay Channels to an alt input. (I generally use the Alt Aux inputs for this. And as long as you send the Card channels back to the corresponding inputs you have recorded and have the Alt set to Auto, you can easily run the multitrack back through your board. - MM
      • July 8, 2020
  • cking
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-07
    We have an X32 and S32. Our platform is not large enough to support all Inputs to connect into the S32. we need to split the Inputs and Outputs between the X32 and S32. Setup Routing different ways, but we are unable to get the Main Fader to operate. We are able to get our Main Speakers working, however we do it through the Mix Buses. Has anyone ever split the Inputs and Outputs between an X32 and S32? How would you Route those properly and have the Mains working with the Main Fader?
    read more...
    0 61
    • cking
      RexBeckett I'm sure we could help if we could see your configuration. Export your current scene, upload the file to Google Drive or DropBox and post a link to it.
      • July 7, 2020
    • cking
      Paul_Vannatto Assign Main L and Main R post fader to 2 of the outputs on the Routing, Out 1-16 screen. Then assign that bank of 8 to the respective Routing, AES50 (for the S32) and the banks of 4 to the Routing, XLR Out (for the X32 FOH XLR outputs).
      • July 7, 2020
    • cking
      cking Thank you Rex and Paul.
      • July 22, 2020
    • cking
      cking Thank you Rex and Paul. I had to Initialize the X32. That corrected the Main Fader issue. I followed your description on setup for the S32 Snake and all went well.
      • July 22, 2020
  • DrJimPuckett
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-07
    We're moving to a Wing 48 set up for our worship center very soon. I am mapping needed channels I/O etc. Which brought about a question with the new source set up: Can I combine multiple sources to one fader? We run our FOH mono. We use 6 ambient mics in the room for stream and IEMs. I don't need unique control of these 6 mics and hate to lose 6 channels of real estate. Can I combine them to a single fader channel? The answer to this may also give me insight to efficiency with choir mics
    read more...
    0 45
    • DrJimPuckett
      Paul_Vannatto The answer is no, Jim. But you could get a simple mixer (either analog or one of the X-Air mixers) to submix those ambient mics and send a stereo pair to the Wing, which can be assigned to a single channel strip.
      • July 7, 2020
    • DrJimPuckett
      DrJimPuckett Thanks for the quick response. We currently have some submixing as you mention, but thought we might eliminate with this transfer. It will come down to real estate I suppose!
      • July 7, 2020
    • DrJimPuckett
      Paul_Vannatto Hey Jim, if you wish to convert one or more of the X32/M32 scenes to Wing snapshot(s) you can use the XM32 to Wing Converter tool (https://sourceforge.net/projects/xm32-to-wing-converter/), also part of the Wing Snipshot Toolbox (https://sourceforge.net/projects/wing-snipshot-toolbox/)
      • July 7, 2020
  • Larry64
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-07
    Every time the power go out, my x32 rack automatically turns down the volume so that when power is restored I have to manually increase the volume. Does anyone know how to turn this feature off?
    0 46
  • adriannewgent
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-07-07
    Hello, I am getting random pops and clicks from my XR18 during simple audio playback in ableton even from windows media player. The mixer is connected to my desktop computer as audio interface. I tried changing buffer size but had no result, the pops and clicks still exist quite frequent and random. What could be the problem and does anyone else experience it? Kind regards, Adrian Newgent
    read more...
    0 76
  • Raulg623
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-06
    Hello, I am looking for a Dante Stage box that will work with Behringer X32. I found some from Allen and Heath but I am worried X32 console software may not support gain control or phantom power control at stage box. Do you know of any brands that are compatible.
    read more...
    0 44
    • Raulg623
      Paul_Vannatto There are no Dante stageboxes for the X32 and A&H equipment are not compatible with the X32. The only Dante device is the X-Dante card. But the preamp control (gain and phantom) has be controlled using the Dante software.
      • July 6, 2020
  • AnthonieHunter
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-07-06
    In our church we use the X32 full console. We are wondering if it is possible to automaticly mute the pastor's mic when the ambiance mic hears a certain level of sound pressure, meaning the congregation is singing/instruments are being played. And undo the mute when the singing stops. Maybe this has been answered before, because a lot of X32's are in churches, but I could not find it. Input is highly appreciated!
    read more...
    0 65
    • AnthonieHunter
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Anthonie, you could set the pastor's mic gate as a ducker and assign the ambient mic channel as the key source. You are going to have to play with the settings a bit, since I haven't setup the gate as a ducker in a few years.
      • July 6, 2020
    • AnthonieHunter
      DanielPaine Hi Anthonie. I can confirm Paul's suggestion of a ducker. Here's a bit more detail on how it works: the pastors mic has a ducker enabled on its channel (switch gate to ducker mode). Set the key source to the ambient mic (or, my preferred method is to use a Bus/Group of all the band and use that as a source). I've included pic below. The graph ramps up and drops vertically. You'll want to set this vertical drop (threshold) such that the ambient mic is showing just above this setting. The cut that is graphically shown however applies to the Pastor. Below this threshold, the Pastor mic will be engaged and on. Hope this helps
      • July 7, 2020
    • AnthonieHunter
      AnthonieHunter Thank you both for your answers. I will try this asap.
      • July 7, 2020
  • v2comp
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-06
    So I bought an XR 18 for doing live shows a couple months ago and I had read about some connectivity issues in reviews if using the built in access point feature. The first few shows it worked flawlessly, then 2 weeks ago its access point SSID dropped out and went away completely. It started to sporadically pop back on and then disappear. Luckily I had my ethernet cable handy and just plugged the laptop in and kept going. The only thing I added recently was a wireless dmx12 lighting transmitter and three receivers ( I am not sure of the timing however), and I'm wonder if its causing interference issues. Have any of you had this issue?
    read more...
    0 126
    • v2comp
      RexBeckett The built-in access point does not cope well in the presence of large numbers of smartphones. It could also be affected by other wireless devices using the 2.4GHz band. A wired link is the most reliable solution. Otherwise, get an external dual-band wireless (802.11ac) router and connect using the 5GHz band - which is more resistant to interference.
      • July 6, 2020
    • v2comp
      v2comp Yeah, thats what I think is happening, I just wanted to ask. thanks
      • July 6, 2020
Go to page