Statistics

290,107 members
172,701 posts
  • Omendez454512
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-15

Could anyone help me find the latest x32 edit firmware that works with the 4.3 firmware mixing console? 

I have look in the downloads.

But the firmware for the x32 edit available there is 3.2 and it won't respond to the mixing console firmware know 4.3

Any updates on our location where I could find this would be super appreciated 

read more...
    0 367
  • Rtoo
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-15

Hi. I had a problem with recording only silence from AES50 inputs and solved the problem by reading about the same problem and how they were solved.

Thing was, you needed to route the OUTPUTS (in the X32 CARD-tab) to the AES50 channels. Wait, OUTPUTS? If the card-tab in the mixer would say card INPUTS, I'd had no trouble understanding the signal route. Card inputs. The inputs that go IN the card, yes?

Does my logic or understanding the signal route fail me or is it indeed a typo/mistake in the firmware? I'm most likely using the latest X32 and X-live firmwares.

read more...
    0 61
    • Rtoo
      Paul_Vannatto All routing is in respect to the console, not the peripherals (including the card). You are outputting signals to the card, just like you are outputting signals to the AES50, Ultranet, etc. So there is no typo/mistake.
      • October 15, 2020
  • StefanAnders
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-10-15

We use the XR18 in our band.

Also we use the Aux1 - Aux6 for our monitoring.

How can I increase the level of a specific Aux, f.e. Aux1, in general?
    So I want to increase the volume of monitoring for this Aux completely,
    not just a specific instrument.
    How can I do this?

And how can I mute a specific Aux?
    It seems that there is no reaction of changing settings in the Aux section.

read more...
    0 60
    • StefanAnders
      CraigFowler Select the bus on the RHS of the screen. The master fader now controls the fader for that bus. Raise it. If that doesn't work, it's likely you're outputting the bus to the socket pre-fader, so the bus's master fader movements aren't reflected at the socket. In\Out button, Aux Out tab, and change the outputs to be post-fader (Cyan circle.)
      • October 15, 2020
      • Question about XR18
        StefanAnders I will try that. And how can I mute a specific Aux? During our last rig, muting of Aux did not work.
        • October 15, 2020
    • StefanAnders
      CraigFowler Again, it's to do with the tap points on the sockets. The socket tap points can be set to ignore mute status.
      • October 15, 2020
      • Question about XR18
        StefanAnders How can I undo this ignoring?
        • October 15, 2020
    • StefanAnders
      CraigFowler In\Out button, Aux Out tab. Notice the coloured circles at the bottom; they tell you if the signals at the socket are ignoring mute status or not. Right click in the grid to change the tap point for a particular signal. You should set them to post fader. Although post fader isn't labelled "+ mute," it's post the signal mute, status, so it counts as + mute anyway. I know post fader is counter-intuitive for monitors, but the console has 2 sets of tap points to worry about. One is the channel feeding the bus, which you probably want pre-fader (or post eq) for monitors. This is set when you select a channel and go to the Sends tab. The other tap point is the bus feeding the physical output socket. This is what you're dealing with now.
      • October 15, 2020
      • Question about XR18
        StefanAnders Thanks. Will try this!
        • ·
        • October 15, 2020
  • GFudge
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-15

I am getting ready to purchase a Wing and I could not find any documentation for scene saving and scene locks? Is there someone who can answer this or point me to the data?

read more...
    0 53
    • GFudge
      Paul_Vannatto Scenes on the Wing are called snapshots and can be saved and loaded using the Library screen. Not sure what you mean by the term "scene lock".
      • October 14, 2020
      • Scene saving, scene locks
        GFudge thanks, snapshots/scenes. What I am referring to by locks is allowing or not allowing others to edit a scene or global settings.
        • October 14, 2020
      • Scene saving, scene locks
        Paul_Vannatto No scene locks. It is the same as with the X32/M32 scenes where we normally export our scenes to files and archive them either on USB sticks or on computer HDD. There is a console lock function, though.
        • October 15, 2020
  • JJMoss1234
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-14

Good evening all. I have an xair 12 which I am very happy with and suits the needs of my 3 piece band. The only issue I have is using the kick on on of the jack inputs as the mics are in use. The level is a bit low. Can a use preamp before this? Can you recommend one! Many thanks! John

read more...
    0 50
    • JJMoss1234
      Paul_Vannatto If you have the kick mic plugged into one of the 1/4" TRS jacks, then yes you will need a preamp, since mic levels are much lower than instrument or line level.
      • October 14, 2020
  • kevonavitch
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-10-14

Hi folks,

Enjoying my brand new Wing. Went to download the Wing Copilot app from Google Play store and I get a message that the app is incompatible with my phone. I have a Google Pixel 4XL running Android 11 (the phone is 6 months old). Others report being able to run the app on older phone technology and older versions of Android.

Unfortunately, the Play store does not give any hints as to why the app is not compatible. Any experience this problem? Any insights?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

read more...
    0 84
    • kevonavitch
      Paul_Vannatto It may be because the size of your phone screen. Try it on a tablet. I have it working on my Samsung Galaxy Tab A (about 3 years old). Mixing Station Pro for Wing is my preferred app, though, since it has the same interface as the versions for the X32 and X-Air consoles.
      • October 14, 2020
      • Wing Copilot for Android
        kevonavitch Thanks for the quick response, Paul. Hadn't thought about the app being optimized for tablets as opposed to phones. I'll look in to the resolutions requirements. And I'll take a look into the Mixing Station Pro app, as well.
        • October 14, 2020
  • Samuel89
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-14

i'm using X32 digital console.

I set Bus out as a Pre fader. But when i mute channels, the BUS OUT also has been muted.

Can I use BUS OUT always ON-AIR whether the channel mute or not?

read more...
    0 692
    • Samuel89
      RexBeckett Hi Samuel. When you mute a channel, it also mutes the sends to Mixbuses. So using a Pre-fader tap from the Mixbus to the output does not help. One solution is to assign the channels to a DCA Group and mute that. This will mute the channels in the Main mix but does not mute the channel sends to Mixbuses -provided DCA Groups is not checked on Setup -> Mixer -> Mute System.
      • October 14, 2020
  • christianfrausto
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-14

I just bought X32 Producer and download the latest firmware (4.03) also download X32 App and I can't connect the app with my mixer. I tried to restart my Mac and didn't work. I restart my mixer and anything happens. It only says that I need to get the latest firmware for my mixer which I already did. (Firmware 4.03)

Really need help!!!!

read more...
    0 83
    • christianfrausto
      KendellWelchII I notice that your X32 Edit software indicates that you have two IP addresses on your client machine. The first is an invalid address (didn't get DHCP correctly is the usual cause.) You might try disabling the network adapter on your client that has the invalid address.
      • October 13, 2020
    • christianfrausto
      Paul_Vannatto The app you are using is version 3.2 (Setup, Connection screen, bottom right corner). For firmware 4.03 you need to use version 4.1 of the app.
      • October 13, 2020
  • Mike7300
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-14

So my neighbor is complaining the bass from my speakers is too loud when I'm using my iPhone to play music from it, hence I started learning about EQ but still new at it.

I went into the Aux channel and adjusted the Gain down for the Low.  It worked but I guess general question is does it matter what frequency I adjusted it on and also set the width as max to cover the most low frequencies as I could.  Does that make sense?

read more...
    0 82
    • Mike7300
      KendellWelchII Try a LO CUT on EQ 1 (the channel you're adjusting. ) It will gradually remove all bass as shown on the screen. You'll probably want to adjust it starting around 300 and ending around 80, but you'll definitely hear the difference in your speakers, so....
      • October 13, 2020
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300 It doesn’t seem to let me adjust Low Cut as an option, maybe because it’s an Aux input rather than a preamp?
      • October 13, 2020
      • Turning down bass on a channel
        KendellWelchII Oh. Of course. Duh. You need to do it on your Output Bus (Bus 1-8, Bus 9-16 or Mix-Main,) not your Input Forgive the oversight...I've never tried to LO CUT an input Aux, and it wouldn't make much sense to do so. I'd even out your input channel and change your output Bus with a LO CUT.
        • October 13, 2020
        KendellWelchII It shouldn't matter what your input is...your neighbor is complaining about the output.
        • October 13, 2020
        KendellWelchII Although I just tried it in M-Air, and I can definitely LO CUT an input, so you might check your version.
        • October 13, 2020
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300 The thing is I don’t want to be losing bass with vocal mics or acoustic guitar, basically when my band plays so that’s why i wasn’t going to turn down bass on the output. I only want it to come down with the music played from my iPhone which is connected to Aux In.
      • October 13, 2020
    • Mike7300
      KevinMaxwell I assume that this is on an X32 and you are using a 2 Aux channels for the phone playback. The Aux channels don’t have a Low cut available in them but the regular channels do. If you have any spare channels you can assign the Aux jacks to be the inputs for 2 regular channels like 31&32 and use them to control your phone playback and use the low cut on 31&32 to cut out the low end more. Just be sure to change the source on the Aux channels that you were using to off so you don’t accidentally bring the phone up in 2 different places. And then you can assign channels 31/32 to a DCA and have volume control of the Phone playback with a little bit easier access. Or if it is a full size X32 you can use one of the user assigned knobs to control the phone playback. I hope this helps.
      • October 14, 2020
    • Mike7300
      Paul_Vannatto The Aux channels do not have a dedicated low cut. But any of the 4 PEQ bands can be configured as a low cut.
      • October 14, 2020
  • flamewild
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-13

Does anyone know where I can purchase an LCD for the DDX3216.  Tried to have it repaired and the board wireway is breaking loose.  It is a loss cause.

0 93
    • flamewild
      KyleJohnson Hi Scott, Kyle here with Music Tribe. It looks like we have them in stock, please submit a Spare Parts ticket through the Support link at the top of this page.
      • October 13, 2020
      • Behringer DDX3216 LCD
        flamewild Done. Thanks for the reply.
        • October 13, 2020
Go to page