Statistics

290,111 members
172,705 posts
  • kevonavitch
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-10-13

Hi, 

Looked for something on this topic but no luck. Wondering if anyone has determined whether XLive files (WAV and binary config file) are compatible with the new Wing. Just received my Wing and was hoping to use some sound check (XLive) files to test out the machine.

Thanks!

Kevin 

read more...
    0 56
    • kevonavitch
      GaryHiggins Yes the Xlive sd wav files will play, I played some that were recorded by my M32 X-Live card on the Wing when I first got it. As I recall they played just fine.
      • October 13, 2020
    • kevonavitch
      kevonavitch Thanks for the quick response, Gary. I can confirm that as well. I managed to find an SD card with some old recordings on it and it worked. Seems the W-Live card still stores the files in a directory called X-Live. Cheers!
      • October 13, 2020
  • anpham
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-13

How do I extend the warranty coverage for my mixer X32 console since I recently had problem with it?  

0 83
    • anpham
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. If you've purchased the console new within the last 90 days, you can register for the extended warranty by clicking on the Support link at the top of the page and submitting a Product Registration ticket.
      • October 13, 2020
  • BobbySadler
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-10-13

I'm using my X32 Rack Card USB port to my MacBook Pro to record. The X32 Routing seems to be the challenge for me.

All I want to do is get 1-16 Local Channels plus the 4 FX Busses (13-16) recorded. Logic X as my DAW of choice; but if I have to I'll use Waves Tracks Live.

(X32-Edit v4.1 / X32 Rack v4.02)

read more...
    0 78
    • BobbySadler
      Paul_Vannatto Hey Bobby, don't you want to record the FX Returns (wet signals)? The 4 FX buses (13-16) are the dry mixes that feed the FX 1-4 engine.
      • October 13, 2020
      • Routing X32 for Recording
        BobbySadler ok that makes sense.. you're right.. now.. so I need to figure how to route those 8 (left and right for all 4 FX) returns along with the 16 locals.. the new User In/User Out routing feature?
        • October 13, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Hi Bobby, for the "16 locals", do you mean the XLR jacks on the back of the X32? If so assign Local 1-8 and 9-16 to the Routing, card out first 2 banks. For the FX returns, you are going to need to use 8 of the Routing, Out 1-16 or Ultranet in order to assign the Direct Out FX, then assign that bank of 8 to the Routing, card out third bank.
        • October 13, 2020
        BobbySadler let me clear it up: the 16 XLR input channels.. and all my FX.
        • October 13, 2020
    • BobbySadler
      CraigFowler The "local channels" (presuming you mean signals straight off the console's local preamps) are easy. Routing>Card, outputs1: Local1-8, Outputs9-16: Local9-16.

The FX returns are slightly trickier, as they're signals generated by the console itself. First you need to stage them in a block of 8, then set the card output to output that block of 8.

You can use the Routing>Out1-16\AuxOut\Ultranet tabs (or some combination) to stage the signals. For simplicity's sake, use the bottom half of the Out1-16 tab.

Output9: DirOut FX1L, whatever tap point you want.
      Output10: DirOut FX1R, whatever tap point you want.
      Output11: DirOut FX2L, whatever tap point you want.
      Output16: DirOut FX4R, whatever tap point you want.

That bottom half of the out1-16 tab is referenced in the rest of the routing table as "out9-16."

Now go Routing>Card, and set Outputs17-24 as Out9-16.

Now you should have 24 signals coming into your DAW: 1-16 will be straight off the console's local preamps (clean; only affected by preamp gain and +48v,) and 17-24 will be your FX returns.

If you want to include console channel processing for ch1-16 that's doable, you just need to stage DirOuts for those signals in the out1-16\auxout\ultranet tabs (those blocks referenced as out1-8, out9-16, aux1-6/M, p16 1-8, and p16 9-16 in the rest of the routing table,) then set the Routing>Card tab to output the appropriate blocks.

If you can't fit all the recording signals in on the one tab because you're already using them for monitors\FOH, you can mix and match from different tabs using the userOut tab, then put the userOut blocks in the Routing>Card tab.
      • October 13, 2020
        BobbySadler you know.. you guys are invaluable.. I think I can do this.. thank you Craig!
        • ·
        • October 13, 2020
        BobbySadler it worked!!
        • ·
        • October 13, 2020
  • BWOODIE33
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-13

what is the best way to hook up the S16 to the P16I to run the P16M? 

0 105
    • BWOODIE33
      GaryHiggins You don’t NEED a p16i to run the p16m. If you were by chance just asking how to connect the p16m to a p16i from an s16, you would use the adat outs of the s16 to the adat ins on the p16i and then connect any p16m’s to the Ultranet ports of the p16i. The Ultranet ch’s output from the P16m will then end up being what was assigned to aes50a 17-32 by the X32.

EDIT: Some additional info related to the S16 aes50 ch assignments. The adat ports and the ultra net ports on an S16 are fixed to different aes50 ch’s. The actual S16 ultranet port ch’s are fixed to aes50 33-48. (By default these are assigned to p16 1-16 by an X32) The S16 adat ports are fixed to aes50a 17-32. So if you want to make the p16i ultranet port ch's output sources identical to the Ultranet out menu on your X32 (and the default S16 ultranet port) make sure aes50a 17-24 is set to p16 1-8 and aes50a 25-32 is set to p16 9-16 on your X32 routing menu.
      • October 12, 2020
    • BWOODIE33
      Paul_Vannatto If you are not using an X32 and want to use the S16 in standalone/splitter mode (mode 9 or 10 - see chart here https://behringerwiki.musictribe.com/index.php?title=S16%3A_Configuring_the_S16). This way the S16 inputs will be available to both the ADAT and Ultranet outputs.
      • October 13, 2020
    • BWOODIE33
      DavidKnighton Hello Butch Wood,
      The S16 has a dedicated Ultranet port, so the P16I is not needed to run the P16M . You can plug the S16 straight over to the P16M using a single Cat5e.
      • October 13, 2020
    • BWOODIE33
      BWOODIE33 Thanks to all
      • October 14, 2020
  • Imanology1
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-10-12

I was wondering if anyone can help me with the X-32.  I've followed the directions many times and still cannot get Logic to interact with the X-32 when it comes to having the 1st 32 faders work in conjunction with Logic's 1st 32 faders.  DAW mode is fine.  I updated the firmware of the X-32 to the latest version and I'm running Mojave OS 10.14.6 with Logic's 10.5.1    I purchased the X-32 a couple of years ago and every once in a while I'll try again, but still, the faders work the opposite way.   If I go through and follow the video instructions shown on YouTube, they just go full volume in Logic when I pull the X-32's volume fader down.   It's the strangest thing.   Any suggestions?    Thanks so much!   Jerone

read more...
    0 53
    • Imanology1
      PedroRodrigues Hi Jerome are you using a X-USB Card on your X32, have you install the drivers for the card and updated the FW for the card?
      • October 14, 2020
    • Imanology1
      Imanology1 Hello Pedro and THANK YOU for getting in touch and trying to help! I really appreciate it! Yes, I have the X-32 Card and I have the latest firmware (FW) for it which is 4.0. Any suggestions as to how I can get the 32 faders of the X-32 to correspond to first 32 faders in Logic Pro X? Thanks!
      • October 14, 2020
    • Imanology1
      Imanology1 Hey Pedro! YEP! When I first bought my X-32 a couple of years ago, this is the video that I used. I've tried it several times over the last 2 years especially after I updated the FW. As you see, this video is still using the OLD FW to explain how it works. I've updated since then and tried it again using this video, but still it doesn't work. The Pan and the Mute work fine, but the Fader works in reverse. Just can't figure it out; But THANK YOU for trying to help me. I truly appreciate it! Oh well, just have to do it the old fashion way! With the mouse! Take care.... J...
      • October 15, 2020
  • mgallop
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-12

Last Sunday, I used one mixer in our drive in church and the other for our later inside service.  All worked just fine.  This Sunday, I couldn't get the headphone out to work on either one.  I'm not as tech savvy as most of you (mortgage guy who volunteered to learn so we could facillitate services).  However, logical progression causes me to think there must be something in the common Microsoft pad we use to control both of the mixers.  Has anyone experienced this, or have any idea where in XAir software there might be a setting I accidentally missed?  Awesome mixers that have allowed a simpleton to operate, but this stumped me.

read more...
    0 47
    • mgallop
      RexBeckett The most common cause of this type of problem is an inadvertent change to the monitor configuration. There are two places to check: Using X-Air Edit, check that the In/Out -> Main Out page has the Phones output routed from the Monitor bus; Check on the Setup -> Monitor page that the Monitor Source is set correctly.
      • October 12, 2020
    • mgallop
      mgallop Thanks...I will make a special trip tomorrow to check this out.
      • October 12, 2020
  • Tone13
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-12

Hi all,

Firstly, I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to USB Audio devices. I come from broadcast TV background (not sound) and am setting up a live stream using an XR18 going into a PC via USB.

Ideally, if possible, I would like to have 6-10 of the XR18 inputs via the XLR's and be able to mix these to send the mix to the PC running vMix. At the same time, I would like to send the XR18 6 USB sources from the PC to send to the AUX outputs. If I try to do this, when selecting the option to use USB returns, the mixing function of the XLR input channels gets disabled and I can only control the USB's. I understand that this may be a linitation of USB Audio devices but is it possible to have track 1-8's faders controlling XLR inputs 1-8 and then tracks 12-18 Faders controlling the USB return channels 1-18? 

If not, can I maintain mix functions of tracks 1-8 and lose control of the USB returns, just routing their audio to the AUX's whithout fader/mixing functions?

Cheers

read more...
    1 241
    • Tone13
      RexBeckett Hi Anthony, you can set each channel's source separately so some can be from the XLR inputs and some from USB Returns. Using X-Air Edit, this can be done on each channel's Input tab. Using the drop-down boxes, you can also choose which Analogue Input or USB Return feeds the channel. They do not have to be the same as the channel number. These settings are saved in both Scenes and Snapshots.
      • October 12, 2020
    • Tone13
      Tone13 Thanks Rex, of course! Bit of a facepalm moment on my part there. I was pressing on the USB return preset which basically disabled my ability to interact with the XLR inputs on the mixer. Yep, selecting each individually like what you have shown, is what I should be doing. Thanks again!
      • October 13, 2020
  • Mike7300
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-11

What would be the best way to use a click track with the X32 rack? I hear it's helpful to have a click track but never used before so starting from scratch here.  Thanks 

0 590
    • Mike7300
      DaveMorrison If you want the click in your IEMs, then simply un-assign the channel with the click from the LR bus. Then you can add it to the monitors and not have it in the mains.
      • October 11, 2020
    • Mike7300
      DavidKnighton Hello Mike Reinstein,
      The first thing you'll need to do is get a digital metronome or find a compatible DAW with a built in metronome function. Most scenarios I see, artists will usually using some form of backing tracks and click track in conjunction, but they will keep them separated because you'll want to leave the click out of the Main LR as Dave Morrison suggested. I know Logic Pro X has a metronome feature, and Pro Tools as well. Most of the popular DAWs will have them, but it's just a matter of checking before you buy. If you prefer the digital metronome option, you'll just plug it in to the mixer like any other instrument.
      • October 13, 2020
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300 Great thanks guys!
      • October 13, 2020
  • mikedones
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-11

Muting on Wing doesn't mute in Midas DP48. My musicians hear the singes mics even though theyr'e muted. Also they hear me cueing video audio or background tracks while muted. My Wing has 1.07.2 firmware. I'm running in ears through the midas dp48 via direct cat6 run.

read more...
    0 179
    • mikedones
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Mike, what do you have assigned to the Wing's AES50 outputs that feed the DP48? I would assume that those assignments are the sources (eg. AES50 inputs, etc.) and not the channel strip outputs. That is why the channel mutes have no effect to the signals coming to the DP48. If you do need that functionality, you will need to assign the respective channels to User Signals, then assign those User Signals to the AES50 outputs.
      • October 11, 2020
      • Muting on Wing doesn't mute in Midas DP48
        mikedones Hi Paul, yes in my case AES50C (cat6 feed for the dp48) is being fed by local in source group (wireless mics) and video audio sound booth audio is being fed by Aux in source group. So in order to get mute functionality so band don't hear on the dp 48s I have to route to User signal source group? Ok but how do I get how do I get the aux ins in there? Sorry kind of confused , but I am game
        • October 11, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Hi Mike, let me give you an example. Channel 1 source is Local In 1 and you want it to go to AES50 C1 for the DP48.
        - Go to the Routing section and select User Signals screen (left pulldown)
        - Unlock and press the Source (on right side)
        - Select Channels in right pulldown and press the Channel 1 (to assign it to User Signal 1) and press the Post tap
        - Select Outputs (top right)
        - Select AES50 C in left pulldown.
        - Unlock and Select User Signals in right pulldown
        - Select User Signal 1 to assign it to AES50 C1
        • October 11, 2020
        mikedones YES! I did it. And I understand how it works. It,s kind of like sticking a patch panel in between thanks Paul V you are number1.
        • October 11, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Glad to hear that you got it to work. Another simpler option is to not assign those inputs to the AES50 C, particularly if they have no desire to hear those inputs.
        • October 11, 2020
  • andrewk1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-11

Hi there,

Quick question about the x32 midi implementation.  Is there a midi code for the mixers talback function - to remotly control the button on the panel via a midi command?

Many thanks,

Andrew.

0 60
    • andrewk1
      Paul_Vannatto Can your midi device send sysex strings? If so, you can enable/disable the talkback A (or B) using the OSC command /-stat/talk/A (or /-stat/talk/B). To generate the Sysex Osc string, use the SysexOscGen app (https://sourceforge.net/projects/sysexoscgen/). The results would be:

OSC: /-stat/talk/A ON
      F0 00 20 32 32 2F 2D 73 74 61 74 2F 74 61 6C 6B 2F 41 20 4F 4E F7

OSC: /-stat/talk/A OFF
      F0 00 20 32 32 2F 2D 73 74 61 74 2F 74 61 6C 6B 2F 41 20 4F 46 46 F7

OSC: /-stat/talk/B ON
      F0 00 20 32 32 2F 2D 73 74 61 74 2F 74 61 6C 6B 2F 42 20 4F 4E F7

OSC: /-stat/talk/B OFF
      F0 00 20 32 32 2F 2D 73 74 61 74 2F 74 61 6C 6B 2F 42 20 4F 46 46 F7
      • October 11, 2020
      • X32 Midi question
        andrewk1 Thanks for the speedy response. I believe my midi-controller does sysex strings - it's a MIDI Solutions foot controller - so I will give this a try. Thank you.
        • October 11, 2020
      • X32 Midi question
        KevinMaxwell http://midisolutions.com/prodfsw.htm it has to be programed to do what you want to do. See the link.
        • October 11, 2020
Go to page