Statistics

290,109 members
172,703 posts
  • BobbySadler
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-10-11

I like the custom view feature for User 1 & User 2 with X32-Edit.. but they don't save with the scenes.. am I missing something?

0 662
    • BobbySadler
      Paul_Vannatto Yes that is correct. The custom view is not saved in scenes because the custom view is specific to the X32-Edit app. Scenes save settings that are console related only. You will need to save the custom view as a bank, by first selecting the Mixer tab at the top, then press the Save button in the left column.
      • October 11, 2020
      • User 1 & User 2 Custom Views in X32-Edit don't save with Scene
        BobbySadler excellent.. thank you again Paul!
        • October 11, 2020
    • BobbySadler
      BobbySadler awesome to learn about saving and loading Banks.. I never used before now..

here's another X32-Edit related question Paul:

on the Show Control window where all the Scenes, Snippets, Cues etc live there's the left side for the PC and the right side for the Mixer.. right so far?
      so is there a way to Copy/Paste (Scenes/Snippets/etc) from Mixer to PC?
      • October 11, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Hey Bobby, scenes can be transferred by loading the scene then switching to the PC Scene screen and saving. Cues and snippets can't be done this way unfortunately. The best way to transfer cues and snippets is by exporting to a USB stick on the console (using the Utility button), then importing into the app. Exporting and importing a show will transfer all cues, scenes and snippets.

I prefer to develop my cues, scenes and snippets on my laptop using X32-Edit, Scene Parser and/or Show Manager, then transfer what I need to the console via USB stick.
        • October 12, 2020
        BobbySadler thanks again.. that worked.
        • October 12, 2020
  • Rabble36
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-10

The powered right channel of my Europower PMP5000 isnt working. I have the Amp Mode set as Main L - Main R. Any thoughts or is it blown?

1 41
    • Rabble36
      Dale_M Hi Rich, how do you have your inputs plugged in? Also stupid question but is the audio panned over to the left in error?
      • October 12, 2020
  • AnthonieHunter
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-10-10

New features:
    - variable scrolling speed for spectrograph
    - Library AES50
    - DP48 remote support for stereo link & talkback messages
    - improved transmission of DP48 messages through stageboxes and hubs

Improvements:
    - Channel
    - bring pan back to center when unlinking (if +-100)
    - X-Live-Card:
    - show warning when SD card is close to maximum capacity (10min / 1min remaining)
    - showing protected SD card state
    - better backup progress bar
    - showing naming prompt when exporting a scene to USB
    - better support when importing a CustomBootState as a scene
    - CustomBootState can now be auto-loaded without a confirm dialog (append _NoPopUp to the filename)
    - hold and scroll on snippets/safes
    - added name prompt when exporting to USB

Bug fixes:
    - HA gain control not updating digital trim when using User-Banks
    - Fixed long Session-Name display
    - Fixed show import/export popup text redrawing
    - checking User-Blocks param safe and scene safe when loading an old scene

read more...
    1 408
    • AnthonieHunter
      Rabble36 The powered right channel of my Europower PMP5000 isnt working. I have the Amp Mode set as Main L - Main R. Any thoughts or is it blown?
      • October 10, 2020
    • AnthonieHunter
      Rabble36 Sorry...I meant to start a new discussion
      • October 10, 2020
    • AnthonieHunter
      GaryHiggins Thanks Anthonie, had no idea there was new firmware (fwiw, I liked it better when software and firmware were separate folders)
      • October 11, 2020
  • FilipeNunes
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-10-10
    Olá.
    alguém tem o mapa dos canais midi da x32 para controlo remoto usando a pedaleira behringer fcb1010
    para fazer mute já tenho e esta a trabalhar bem encontrei isto que ajudou muito
    so me falta parametros para o tap delay

Findings
    So in all my findings of the X32 MIDI implementation of the CC MIDI events for v2 of the firmware onwards:
    • MIDI channel 1 is fader information, 0..127
    • MIDI channel 2 is mute/unmute. 0-63 is off (unmute), 64-127 is on (mute). This can be a gotcha with inverting it so be aware.
    • MIDI channel 3 is pan (0 full left, 127 full right)
    Each control maps as the following:
    • 0 Ch 1 … 31 Ch 32
    • 32 Aux 1 … 39 Aux 8
    • 40 Fx 1 L, 41 Fx 1 R
    • 42 Fx 2 L, 43 Fx 2 R
    • 44 Fx 3 L, 45 Fx 3 R
    • 46 Fx 4 L, 47 Fx 4 R
    • 48 Bus 1 … 63 Bus 16
    • 64 Matrix 1 … 69 Matrix 6
    • 70 LR
    • 71 M/C
    • 72 DCA 1 … 79 DCA 8
    • 80 Mute Group 1 … 85 Mute Group 6
    For example, to mute bus 16, I’d send CC 63 with a value of 127 on MIDI channel 2

falta é programar o tap delay mas nao encontro em lado nenhum os parâmetros
    alguém pode ajudar por favor
    read more...
    0 419
    • FilipeNunes
      Paul_Vannatto The X32 midi implementation is fully documented in Patrick's X32 Protocol doc (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Snbwx3m6us6L1qeP1_pD6s8hbJpIpD0a/view) on pages 137-140 and the sysex OSC string is on page 141.

The midi protocol is actually a secondary protocol in the X32. The primary protocol is OSC. Neither protocol has a tap tempo as a direct command. Therefore the timing between button pushes has to be averaged and calculated into milliseconds. Then that values has to be sent to the X32 using the sysex text string using the /fx/[1-4]/par/1 (or /fx/[1-4]/par/2 for the stereo delay) to change the time value of the FX ([1-4] is the slot number, see page 87). We have been successful in using an arduino with a button to accomplish this. If you want the arduino code, we can provide that.
      • October 11, 2020
    • FilipeNunes
      FilipeNunes o meu interece é por midi fazer atuar os buttons de 5 a 12
      será isto possível??
      • October 12, 2020
    • FilipeNunes
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Andreas, muting is done using chan 2 CC. On is value 127 and off is 0. Here are the CC for what you want.

FX1 Return: 40
      FX2 Return: 42

FX1 Send (bus 13): 60
      FX2 Send (bus 14): 61

Mutegroup 1: 80
      Mutegroup 2: 81
      Mutegroup 3: 82
      Mutegroup 4: 83
      Mutegroup 5: 84
      Mutegroup 6: 85
      • June 17, 2021
  • robi
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-10-10

Can anyone help me to find the XR-18 MIDI Sysex OSC command reference ?
    Thank you
    Roberto

0 411
  • Mike7300
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-09

Hi - someone suggested this to set gain on channels but I'm not sure where the PFL button is.

As for your individual inputs (like your vocal mic), you can do this:

1. Turn your main mixer fader(s) all the way down (you won't need any mixer output for what we are about to do
    2. Press the "PFL" button for your microphone channel
    3. Sing loudly into the mic
    4. Adjust the channel gain until the mixer VU gain reaches the low to mid portion of the yellow
    5. Depress the "PFL" button.
    6. You're done!

read more...
    0 61
    • Mike7300
      Paul_Vannatto What mixer are you using?
      • October 9, 2020
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300 X32 Rack
      • October 9, 2020
      • Setting gain on channels
        Paul_Vannatto The channel meters are already PFL. So no need of a PFL button. Just ignore those steps
        • October 9, 2020
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300 What should be the correlation between the channel level and gain level to optimize performance? Currently to reach low yellow for volume level bar I have mic channel level set at 0dbu and Gain at +40dbu
      • October 9, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto I would say there is no correlation. Set the gain so that the channel meter is bouncing in the yellow. Adjust the channel fader for the desired mix of all of the channels combined. I typically start with channel faders around -5 db, then adjust to the overall mix of the group.
        • October 9, 2020
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300 Ok got it and just to be clear that’s -5dbu right
      • October 9, 2020
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300 After plugging in subs to the X32 Rack is there any setting I should change? . For instance with my surround system for tv i I set the main front speakers as “small” instead of “large” since I have subs. Is there something similar I would need to do with the mixer?
      • October 9, 2020
        DaveMorrison Possibly. It depends on your cabinets. The general idea is to keep the low frequency out of the Main cabs, and the Mids and highs out of the subs. You subs may already have a crossover built in. If they don't you can filter out the highs with the built in "crossover filters" on the LR, M/C, and matrix busses. For a Low Pass filter, select the top band and use one of the BU, BS, or LR filters. The number is the roll-off per octave (in dB). If your Main cabs don't have a built-in setting to filter the low frequencies, you can setup a High-Pass filter to give you more clarity and more apparent power. Choose the low band with a BU, BS, or LR filter and set the cut-off somewhere in the range of 80-120 Hz.
        • October 9, 2020
  • adamsfc
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-09

On the x32rack can you rename a recorded session file? How can that be done. This would be a no brainer as to make it useful for live preformance.

0 49
  • Anlget
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-08

Can i use my x32 core with s32 or should i buy 2 s16's? Pls help me. 

0 45
    • Anlget
      Paul_Vannatto Yes you can. But my preference is to use multiple smaller stageboxes, such as the SD8 and SD16. It give so much more versatility.
      • October 8, 2020
    • Anlget
      Anlget Thanks i already have a s32 unfortunately. Could you open “versatility” a bit?
      • October 8, 2020
      • X32 and s32
        Paul_Vannatto I do sound for a number of bands and events. I place stageboxes in strategic places on stage, such as one stage left, one stage right (or front/back) and maybe one at the drums. That significantly reduces the cable spaghetti.
        • October 8, 2020
      • X32 and s32
        Anlget I do it via my multicore cables and i am going to use my x32 and s32 at my home studio. So “versatility“ is Just about cables and placement. Am i right? Not about sound quality or recording capabilities?
        • October 9, 2020
      • X32 and s32
        Paul_Vannatto Yes that is correct
        • October 9, 2020
      • X32 and s32
        Anlget Thanks.
        • October 11, 2020
  • danielkimdk93
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-08

Hi,

My church is planning on purchasing the XR18. We were wondering if XR18 allows us to have different mixes for online and in-person settings. For example, does XR18 allow for us to adjust volume, eq, and other effects separately for our online stream vs. for in-person setting through PA speakers?

Thanks in advance

read more...
    0 46
    • danielkimdk93
      Nigel67 Hi Daniel, yes this is possible where you can set up your own sub mixes that have eq, volume, etc which are separate from the main mix output. Probably the best thing for you to do is download the X-AIR app from the Software tab on this link https://www.behringer.com/behringer/product?modelCode=P0BI8 You do not require an XR18 to be able to have a play and set up mixes etc. There are also some very good tutorial videos on line which will help you further.
      • October 7, 2020
  • JeffBernhardt
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-10-07

Hey gang!

I did a search but got a "no results found", which I thought was odd. So I apologize if this has been covered...

I have been running my x32 via my iPad more and more lately and I'm having issues that I think are related to my router, so I'm looking for recommendations for a reliable router.

A little background... I bought what I thought was a very highly rated and pricy router 2yrs ago (it was almost $300!). But I didn't really use it much until recently. Now that I'm using it I'm having issues with iPad losing control of the x32 (faders stop responding to my adjustments. For example, I move a faded but it snaps back to where it was when I lift my finger) and sometimes the faders and knows kind of gray out and I can't control anything. Another grip is tap delay. Getting the tap delay to get in time with my "taps" is impossible.

I'd love to hear your recommendations! Thanks in advance!

read more...
    0 49
    • JeffBernhardt
      PedroRodrigues Hi Jeff to be honest we cannot give advises for products that we do not manufacture but as a guideline on your search for a Router I would strongly advise you to acquire a unmanaged switch as it is easier to implement.
      • October 8, 2020
    • JeffBernhardt
      GaryHiggins It may be the program you use is a bit buggy on that particular device and version of it. I suggest trying Mixing Station Pro, I think i's around $6. It works on an iPad these days. Very stable and well supported. I always had issues with the Mix version although I understand it is much better these days. Many users do this with success. It can't hurt to have an alternate program to use anyway and the price is right.
      • October 8, 2020
    • JeffBernhardt
      PedroRodrigues I agree with Gary Higgins, you can try Mixing Station Pro, they released an update a month ago and that might also help you on the issue that you mentioned. Thank you for your help Gary
      • October 8, 2020
    • JeffBernhardt
      JeffBernhardt Thanks, guys! Actually, I have Mixing Station Pro. I never even thought about switching to that. I’d been using the X32 app and I prefer it. Probably due to nothing other than familiarity. I’ll start using Mix Station before buying a new router and see how that goes.
      • October 9, 2020
Go to page