Statistics

249,406 members
126,411 posts
  • New
    geroldvt
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-05

Hi guys!

With one of the bands I'm working with we started bringing our own console to all shows the last year and a half. A simple setup with M32r + DL32. It works great. Unfortunately, on the last show between the two covid lockdowns (where I live some concerts were allowed from July to September, before the second 'wave' hit), the rotary knobs/pots started acting very janky and not responding very wel. I especially noticed since it was a short changeover, things had to go fast. But when I turned them fast, they responded very weird. It's not all of them, but especially the EQ, dynamics and preamp section.

Is there a quick solution to this that I can do myself? Do some cleaning inside? I guess it's a bad contact due to a bit of oxidation or something, I can't think of anything else. 

Anyway, since there's not a lot of shows going on right now I have time to fix things before the tour gets going again.

Thanks in advance!

read more...
    0 84
    • geroldvt
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Gerold, since the M32R is still under warranty (10 years), I would recommend you submit a repair ticket (using the Support on top menu above) and send it in for Midas to have a go-over during this lock-down. When it is out of warranty, many pro console refurbishers use contact cleaner such as DeOxit D5 to clean dirty pots. But you need to know how to use it correctly.
      • December 5, 2020
  • New
    DamienKyle
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-04

Hi

+48 working on input channels when local inputs selected but surface +48 button won't light on channels up when AES inputs routed to channels. 
    feature or problem? 
    thanks. 

0 50
    • DamienKyle
      DavidKnighton Hello Damian Kyle,
      Where are you getting your AES50 inputs from? Are they coming from a stagebox or another console? Check under SETUP>PREAMPS there is an option to LOCK STAGEBOX. Make sure that option is unchecked. Also, the console can not controls preamps coming from another console directly. You have to use the HA REMOTE feature and set the levels/+48 on the PREAMPS page.
      • December 4, 2020
    • DamienKyle
      Paul_Vannatto Check on the Setup, preamps screen that the particular AES50 input has phantom enabled. Also check the channel source that it is indeed assigned to the particular AES50 input.
      • December 4, 2020
    • DamienKyle
      DamienKyle Thanks, guys. The channels are properly assigned to AES50A. The +48 surface button works fine when the DL32 is actually attached and also when the channels are set to local inputs. No other console involved. The stage box lock is unticked. Just wondering if surface +48 don't work when channels are assigned to AES50?
      • December 4, 2020
    • DamienKyle
      DamienKyle ...and the stage box isn't connected.
      • December 4, 2020
      • M32R Live +48
        Paul_Vannatto That would be correct, Damien. It is because the console is actually controlling the preamps (gain, phantom) remotely, since those preamps are an integral part of the XLR inputs of the DL32. If the DL32 is not connected, there is no way of controlling those preamps.
        • December 4, 2020
    • DamienKyle
      DamienKyle Thanks, Paul.
      That’s what I thought. It’s just a bit of a workaround if you want to programme scenes at home with no stagebox connected.
      You can actually turn the +48 on in the preamps page, so no real biggie. The offline editor is a bit of a pain in the ass. If it looked a bit like the routing page, etc. it’d be much better.
      • December 4, 2020
  • New
    DwayneAasberg
    Super Contributor - Level 1
    2020-12-03

Hello all.

If from an M32 I create a channel preset file (*.chn) using M32-Edit can that preset file (*.chn) be applied to an MR18 channel using M-Air-Edit?

What about the opposite direction (MR18>M32)?

Thx in advance for your help.
    Dwayne A

read more...
    0 53
    • DwayneAasberg
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Dwayne, yes they are interchangeable (both direction), since both the M-Air and M32 uses the same FX engine.
      • December 3, 2020
      • M32 MR18 channel preset files
        DwayneAasberg Perfect. Thx Paul.
        • December 3, 2020
  • New
    loookin
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-03

Hi! Mc-1 on Midas Pro6 (bay1) doesn't start at all, only blank (black) screen, no system information (motheboard information, linux images loading, etc..., nothing) on load. Mc-2 still works normally, mixer console fully operates. No specially conditions or events did not precede accident. What actions need to be taken? May be BIOS battery? Thank you.

read more...
    0 51
    • loookin
      DavidKnighton Hello Alexander Lukin,
      Check if MC-1 will boot to BIOS upon startup. Plug the keyboard into MC1 USB KEY and whammy the DELETE key or F2 key (I forget which) while you power the desk on. The command should force the MC into BIOS. This will clue us to whether the MC is still alive.
      • December 3, 2020
  • MichaelVincentd
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-12-01

Hello guys,

I have m32,and it's firmware was never updated before since it was purchased two years ago. I'm planning to update the firmware with the latest firmware. Any thoughts about updating firmware from version 3.11 to 4.04?

i appreciate any feedback you may have..

thanks.

read more...
    0 59
    • MichaelVincentd
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Michael, yes you can upgrade from 3.11 to 4.04. Make sure you backup your cues, scenes and snippets, as well as any preset in the Library before doing the upgrade. Exporting a show will include the cues, scenes and snippets, but will not include the library presets. Also write down all of the settings on the first 4 screens of the Setup section, since that cannot be backed up using 3.11
      • December 1, 2020
      • FIRMWARE VERSION 4.04
        MarkNorgren Paul, I just upgraded to 4.04 on my M32. Is there any real need to upgrade to 4.04.1 if I'm on a Midas? The release notes mention a Behringer issue, but no Midas problems. TIA
        • December 2, 2020
      • FIRMWARE VERSION 4.04
        Paul_Vannatto Hi Mark, the X32 and M32 DSP engine are identical. The only difference in the consoles are the hardware (and the bling). There are a number of bug fixes and some new features. The one feature I like the most is the new DCA spill.
        • December 2, 2020
  • New
    GuillaumeDESBOI
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-11-27

Hello, Talkback activation isn't saved with scene memory on M32R, that would be great if we could activate that feature.

Regards,

Guillaume

0 64
    • GuillaumeDESBOI
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Guillaume, I just saved and exported a scene (using M32-Edit) and it does include the talkback in the scene file (lines 11-13).
      • November 27, 2020
    • GuillaumeDESBOI
      GuillaumeDESBOI Hi Paul, yes it may work on M32-edit but the enable button in the M32-edit and M32 screen menu aren't correlated with the hardware button on the desk.
      • November 27, 2020
      • M32R talkback in memory scenes
        Paul_Vannatto Is there a particular reason why you would want that saved? To me it doesn't make sense to save that status in a scene file.
        • November 27, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Doing a bit more digging, and referring to Patrick's OSC Protocol doc, the talkback button status uses a /-stat/talk OSC command. None of the /-prefs or /-stat commands can be included in scene files (I've tried to add them manually). So this won't be possible. Sorry.
        • November 27, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto There is a workaround, Guillaume. You could create a snippet with the desired /-stat/talk command and import it to the snippet list. Then create a cue to combine the scene and snippet to change all desired settings.
        • November 27, 2020
    • GuillaumeDESBOI
      GuillaumeDESBOI Hi, the idea was to have the session loaded with TB activated because there is a already a switch on the remote mic panel. Thank for the workaround I'll try to check this.
      • November 27, 2020
  • New
    GuillaumeDESBOI
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-11-27

Hello,

I noticed that a snippet won't consider "main stereo" affectation on channels, even with all parameters in the snippets menu selected.

That'would be great help to be able to have this feature activated.

(FW4.04)

Guillaume

read more...
    0 70
    • GuillaumeDESBOI
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Guillaume, I just saved (and exported) a test snippet (using the M32-Edit snippet GUI) with Fader, Pan and Mute filters and a few channels selected, and it saves those settings correctly.
      • November 27, 2020
    • GuillaumeDESBOI
      Paul_Vannatto I just loaded that snippet and you are correct, it is not changing the Main LR assignment. I will report that to the developers.
      • November 27, 2020
      • M32R snippets
        GuillaumeDESBOI Great, thanks Paul!
        • November 27, 2020
      • M32R snippets
        Paul_Vannatto I was just discussing this with one of the developers and I was incorrect in stating that it saved the LR in the snippet. The /ch/01/mix/on OSC line is the channel mute, not the LR. To save the LR setting, it needs the /ch/01/mix/st command which is not available using the console or Edit snippet GUI. But it is available if the snippet is exported to a file, the edited using a text editor, then imported back to the snippet list. The line would be something like this:
        /ch/01/mix/st ON
        or
        /ch/01/mix/st OFF
        • November 27, 2020
      • M32R snippets
        GuillaumeDESBOI Thank you very much Paul, I'll try to modify that!
        • November 27, 2020
      • M32R snippets
        GuillaumeDESBOI Worked pretty well, thanks again!
        • November 28, 2020
  • New
    Dawgstar
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-26

Hello,

I use the Midas M32 as a console for my studio, and I have 3 headphone amps that I use through AUX 1,2 & 3.

I want to be able to send verb,delay effects to AUX 1,2 & 3 for the performers, but I don't want to hear the effects in my control room.

I hope that makes sense and is a clear description of my issue. I hear the effects through the headphone amps plus the control room speakers. I want the dry signal to come to control room speakers and the wet signal to go to my headphone amps for the performers. 

Thank you very much for your time and I appreciate any help.

read more...
    0 54
    • Dawgstar
      DaveMorrison Add the effects (eg. FX1L and/or FX1R) to the headphone mixbusses (via SOF). You can unassigned those FX from the LR bus or change the sends to pre-fader and turn down the level going the LR bus.
      • November 25, 2020
  • New
    BenjaminChan
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-24

Hi,

I'm using Midas M32R and I'm trying to route Bus7/8 to Dante input 15/16. All my other channels are working fine 1-12 into Dante 1-12. I can't seem to find the bus routing in M32R to route it to dante input. Anyone has any idea? Thanks

Ben

read more...
    0 39
  • New
    leftneok
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-23

Good Afternoon to all,

I wonder if there is any official literature, manual, quick start guide, detailed presentation or video tutorials for Herritage-D? Can somebody send me a link or give a date that anything of these would be available?

Thanks in advance,

Lefteris

read more...
    0 73
    • leftneok
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe Support. Not yet, but if you submit a Technical Support ticket through the Support link at the top of the page, we can answer any questions you have.
      • November 23, 2020
    • leftneok
      leftneok Hello Kyle, and thanks a lot for your answer. We are the distributors of Midas in Greece and we received our first mixer yesterday. In the context of presenting the mixer to our customers we would like to draw up a training program to show the capabilities and detailed handling of the console in a proper organized way. Any help on this we be really appreciated.
      • November 23, 2020
      • HD96 24
        KyleJohnson I'll be sending you an email shortly with further information.
        • November 24, 2020
Go to page