Statistics

251,062 members
128,292 posts
  • New
    jbsounds
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-11-14

Hey,

We've got a Midas Pro2 at our FOH position for our theater and a DL251 on stage. I want to integrate the DP48s into this system for when we are doing musicals and have our orchestras present, what is the best way to do this?

0 118
    • jbsounds
      GaryHiggins I'm speaking out of place here as I only wish I had a Pro2...or a DL251 :-) ...that said the DP48's only run on 44/48k clock so you would need to be able to do that with the Pro2, it may be able I don't know. Second the DL251 can't do pass thru that I am aware so you would probably need to have the option of a dedicated aes50 line to the DP48's. I don't think the DL251- even though the DP48's (edit: and Hub4) DO have a thru port-can receive from the DP48 (edit: or Hub4) either. if it can that would be a way to do it. If the Pro2 has a second (not redundant) aes50 line then that would probably be the best way to connect the DP's. On the Midas M32 for instance you have 2 ports so you could dedicate a line just for the DP48 if you wanted. My 2 cents, someone who knows the Pro2 in and out may be able to better direct you.
      • November 13, 2020
    • jbsounds
      DanielPaine Hi Joe.

In short, currently the only way to convert the Pro Series to DP48 is to downsample to 48kHz using a KT-AES50 CM-1 card with either a KT DN9650 or Neutron (for the Pro X). Unfortunately the DP connection can not pass through Pro series stage box connections (Like M32 Series). So you would have to run another AES50 line from a DN9650 connected to the console.

A couple of things to note: Once the signal is converted from 96 to 48kHz you can still use the Hub 4 to distribute the DP48's and also daisy chain.
      The Pro Series software does not allow the transmission of name/groups etc. This would have to be done by the Master DP48 which can be broadcast to all slave devices.

Connection to Pro series and HD has been highly requested, so the idea of a Pro compatible Hub is being discussed. I'm afraid I can't comment on the timing of this concept. The KT-AES50 card in a DN9650 is the solution for now. Hope this helps
      • November 17, 2020
      • Midas Pro2 FOH, DL251 on stage, want to add HUB4 and DP48
        jbsounds Let's supposed I had a DN9650 with a KTDante64 card installed... If I'm only running two AES50 cables from the Pro2 to the DN9650, could I use the AES50 3 port on the DN9650 to run AES50 at 48k to the HUB4?
        • December 1, 2020
      • Midas Pro2 FOH, DL251 on stage, want to add HUB4 and DP48
        DanielPaine In theory yes because the Dante card can route/loop the signal back through the AES50 ports. There are some caveats: 64 channels of CM-1/Dante are mapped over the 3 AES50 ports: 1-24,25-48 & 49-64 irrespective of the sample rate of aes50 (i.e. at 48 or 96khz port 1 & 2 each handle 24ch. Port 3 handles 16). This means you can only access 16 channels on port 3 for DP48 connection. I'm also unable to 100% confirm that this works because of clock settings... But I can confirm that I have successfully played back 16ch from dante to 2 x Pro Series consoles and 1 x M32 suggesting it does work. I just can't remember the settings. sorry. Hope this helps though
        • ·
        • December 2, 2020
    • jbsounds
      DanielPaine I noticed you also posted the same question in a different space in the community. Nigel made an interesting suggest of a M32C or X32C with dante card. You could take the DN9650 and Dante to connect to a dante card of the M32/X32. This gives the benefit of not only providing 2 aes50 ports for DP48 connection, but you can use the m32 edit to do track names/groups (which you can push to DP48 devices). On top of this you can do additional processing like EQ and FX. freeing up dsp on your pro 2 for just foh
      • December 2, 2020
  • New
    keithbaumann
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-13

If I install a Dante card in the Midas M32 and remove the DN32 USB card, will I still be able to link up to my DAW for multitrack recording?

0 55
    • keithbaumann
      Paul_Vannatto Yes, by using the Dante virtual soundcard
      https://www.audinate.com/products/software/dante-virtual-soundcard
      • November 13, 2020
    • keithbaumann
      -mjk- It's not plug and play though. You'll have to set up the Dante audio network and optimize the settings for your situation. You have to setup the connections in the network (called "subscriptions") and then configure your DAW for the DVS ASIO I/O. I don't want to spam the forum, but I wrote 2 articles about setting up my Dante network with the X32 for my studio. phoenixmediaforge.com
      • November 15, 2020
  • New
    JoelMcWilliams
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-11-13

M32 with firmware 4.03 - how do you tell what scene is loaded?  Early versions of the firmware used to show me this but with recent firmwares that feature seems to have disappeared.

0 46
    • JoelMcWilliams
      DanielPaine By default, the show view is normally set to 'Cues'. Changing this to scenes will reveal 2 names at the top of the screen so you can see what is loaded. Please see the pictures enclosed. The top text (shown in yellow) is the current loaded scene. While the name under this (In white) shows what you have selected to load next (before hitting the Go button.) Hope this helps.

It's done this way in preferences so you can see which mode your automation is in. i.e. 'Cues', 'Scenes', or 'Snippets'. Changing the modes also coincide with how the 'show control' buttons work
      • November 13, 2020
  • New
    evancgrimes
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-11

So I'm looking to upgrade the firmware on my ProX, DL231 and Neutron, but I have Dante cards and DN9650 linked up. If I were to upgrade the firmware would there be complications with Dante like a firmware mismatch. My concern is that my board would be out till Dante or Klark Teknik matched their firmwares with Midas. Sorry if this seems like a dumb question but I've had issues like this arise with Dante before and I'd rather avoid these problems in the future. 

read more...
    0 96
    • evancgrimes
      DavidKnighton Hello Evan Grimes,
      When it comes to the ProX, Dante card, and 9650, each have different firmware releases. They do not need to be matched in order to work together. The biggest concern would be to ensure the Pro X and Neutron firmware are matched, as well as any stage boxes, as they are form the bulk of the system. The Dante card and 9650 are subsystems which are more or less 1 trick ponies, so there's never a need to release updates to them. I.e. if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Rest assured, you can update the console, dsp, and stageboxes and still maintain functionality with the Dante cards and 9650. We've been on firmware 3.4.6 for quite a while now and no reports of issues with Dante and 9650 that I can speak of.
      • November 11, 2020
      • upgrading firmware on a ProX with Dante integration
        evancgrimes Thanks so much!
        • November 11, 2020
  • New
    BryanH01
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-10

Tengo un inconveniente, en el lugar donde trabajo opero una mesa de mezcla MIDAS PRO2C. Hace un año me empezó a dar un problema en todos los potenciometros, estos son sensibles al tacto sí uno activa la función, pero de repente por ejemplo voy a ecualizar una canal el potenciometro visualizado en la pantalla se mueve solo o cuando manipulo la ganacia de un canal pasa lo mismo sin estar tocando el potenciometro. Quisiera saber si hay una solución a dicho problema, estaré agradecido a sus comentarios y respuestas.  

read more...
    0 56
  • New
    DavidAubin
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-06

Started live streaming our church service a couple of months back and I am not satisfied with the audio over the stream, it's clear, but harsh.  We are still doing our in house service as well.  I have the mix where i want in the house and all I am doing is sending the channels I want for the stream to matrix, before EQ, assigned to a different output.  Some of the lower channels I send to bus then to the matrix to boost that channel.  Micing the room is not an option as it's not an ideal venue(but what is?).  What I have been told is that there is software that can be added with some premixed effects and EQ that i can send from the direct out to one of the aux buses for live streaming.  Is this something from Midas/Behringer or a third party thing? 

read more...
    0 470
    • DavidAubin
      DavidKnighton Hello David Aubin,
      Whatever this added software is would be third party/external. There's no additional software that can be mounted to the operating system of the M32 console. What I can tell you about live stream mix is that most of the time, venues will dedicate a mixer for the venue, and another mixer for the live stream. The reason for this is because as a FOH operator, the inputs are EQ'd to sound good in the room, not through a laptop, phone, or tablet. This is likely why the mix sounds harsh on your live stream. What I would suggest is send all the inputs RAW out of the console to either another console, or to a computer, then mix it to where it sounds good coming out of a laptop or smart phone. Mixing on a pair of reference monitors may get you close, but the real deal here is that laptop speakers and phone speakers are super small and tinny, so you're better off referencing your mix directly off the live stream so you can make real time changes.
      • November 6, 2020
    • DavidAubin
      DavidAubin I know why it sounds harsh, we are a portable site and don't have the room for another mixer. I was going to try mixing it raw on a computer but seeing if there was something else available. Thanks
      • November 6, 2020
      • Midas M32 room mixing and live stream mixing
        DavidKnighton Hello David,
        Have you considered maybe an X32 Rack or M32C? Both units are relatively compact, and you can do most of your mixing from an iPad or laptops. It would be simple enough to daisy chain the main console to a 2nd unit and then you have all the creative processing in your hands for your live mix.
        • November 6, 2020
        DavidAubin Looking into it actually. Just need the budget.
        • November 6, 2020
    • DavidAubin
      KevinMaxwell How many inputs are you presently using on the M32? Do you have any idea if it is particular channels that sound “harsh” to you? Are you sure that you aren’t clipping the signal somewhere in the feed to the live stream. They are very susceptible to being over driven. See below how we dealt with that.

One church I helped set up their X32 for live streaming we took each channel post fader to a Mix Bus (7) and if you needed more or less of that in the live stream they would adjust to taste. This included the vocal reverb that was used for the house mix. They could also send channels to Mix Bus 7 without sending it to the L/R for the house feed. And don’t forget that you have the parametric EQ on the Mix Bus available for shaping the sound.

The way that the system is setup for live helps because the system is tuned for linearity (what go’s in is what comes out) and then vocal mics go thru a Mix Bus before going to the house mix outputs and that Mix Bus is EQed for gain before feedback. This leaves all channel EQs available to deal with making it sound that way you want that mic to sound not having to deal with and feedback issues on the channels. That gives a smoother sound that then translates to a post fader Mix Bus send working for live streaming.

I used the compressor on Mix Bus 7 at about a 7:1 ratio and set the threshold so it was always doing a little something. This was then routed to Matrix 5/6 and the matrix compressor was set to limiting (brick wall limiting) and was set while watching a test live stream and was set to be just under clipping. This was to keep the signal clean and as loud as we could get it but keep it from clipping. Keep in mind that the dynamic range of live sound is not going to work for any kind of broadcasting feed.

It might help you to get the sound you are looking for if you were to insert a Stereo Combinator from the effects rack (FX1-4 can be set to the Combinator) and play with the settings to get the sound you want.

And although it might drive you a little bit craze because of the extreme delay you could have one person with a tablet (hooked up to control the live stream Mix Bus on the M32 over WiFi) mixing the Mix Bus feed while watching and listening to the live stream in another room. I say drive you crazy because any change you make on the Mix Bus you wouldn’t hear right away because of the time it takes for the live stream to reach the person watching and trying to mix it. When we were testing this setup it was around 26 seconds.

I hope this is of some help to you.
      • November 6, 2020
        DavidAubin Thank you for the reply. This is actually what I am currently doing. Everything is a compromise in this manner and I will never be satisfied with it.
        • November 6, 2020
        KevinMaxwell How many inputs are you presently using on the M32?
        • November 7, 2020
  • New
    MikaelFrithiof
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-05

Hi

I need to record to ProTools from a Midas R32 Live but I need the in-house LTC/MTC to get ProTools to slave.

Is there a way I can get the Midas to listen to LTC/MTC as an audio interface and sync with ProTools?

Cheers

read more...
    0 50
  • New
    fcccmedia
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-05

Hello I need help with an issue I'm having with the M32C. My setup is the following:

(FOH) M32R AES50-A connected to DL32 AES50-A 

(MON) M32C AES50-A connected to DL32 AES50-B

Everything is synced to AES50-A  

Inputs are fine issue is with outputs. The M32R recognizes the DL32 outputs but the M32C isn't and I just can't figure out why. Please help I got a church service this weekend and I need this to work for my IEM mixes. Thank you 

read more...
    0 78
    • fcccmedia
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Joshua, if you read the QSG, outputs are only available on the DL32 AES50 A port. If you need to send outputs from both consoles, you will need to change your interconnectivity mapping to something like this:
      M32R [B] <-> [A] M32C [B] <-> [A] DL32
      Then make the necessary assignments on the M32C Routing, AES50 B screen to transfer the M32R outputs (A port) to the B port.
      • November 5, 2020
      • M32C not recognizing XLR outputs
        fcccmedia Hello Paul thanks for the response. I actually tried that and I lost outputs on both the M32R and the M32C. So I'm not sure why.
        • November 5, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto On the M32C, what did you have assigned to the first 2 banks of the Routing, AES50 B? If you export your scene to a file, then save it in the cloud (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) then share a link, I'll be glad to have a look at it and better advise.
        • November 5, 2020
    • fcccmedia
      fcccmedia Ok great I will try connecting everything the way you suggested again. I'll also double check my routing because maybe I missed something the 1st time I tried. If I'm still having trouble I'll share the scene file. Thanks
      • November 5, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto If the M32R has assigned the FOH outputs (Main L/R, subs, etc.) to the first bank of 8 (Outputs 1-8), then I would suggest the following assignments on the M32C
        Routing AES50 B
        * Outputs 1-8 -> AES50 A1-8 (transferring FOH to the DL32 outputs 1-8)
        * Outputs 9-16 -> Out 1-8 (sending your IEM outputs from the Routing, Out screen to DL32 outputs 9-16)
        • November 5, 2020
        fcccmedia So I am only using DL32 outputs 15 & 16 at FOH for my mains and subs. Then DL32 outputs 1-14 I need for my IEM. So at FOH I'm using local outputs 1-4 and 5-8 I'm using the user outputs to have local outputs on 5 & 6 and DL32 outputs 15 & 16 on user outputs 7 & 8.
        • November 5, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Unfortunately, you can only assign outputs to the AES50 in banks of 8 with M32/X32 family of consoles. But with firmware 4.x there is a workaround, by using the User Signal Outputs. Assign the first 14 outputs to the Out 1-14 and the outputs 15 and 16 to the AES50 A15 and A16 respectively. Then on the Routing, AES50 A screen (or AES50 in M32-Edit), assign User Out 1-8 to the first bank and User Out 9-16 to the second bank.
        • November 5, 2020
        fcccmedia Ok that worked! Thanks so much! One Last thing how would I be able to use local outputs at FOH?
        • November 5, 2020
        fcccmedia Hey Paul how would I be able to use the FOH outputs with this current setup you suggested? Thanks
        • November 7, 2020
  • New
    zoleeon
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-30

Hi everyone!

I would like to control my MR12 from my Kurzweil Forte keyboard, and for this I need the MSB and LSB numbers for this unit. Is anyone who has the full midi implementation for this unit? I would like to change also the midi channel that receives the midi messages for this unit.

Thank you!

read more...
    0 57
    • zoleeon
      RexBeckett Hi Zoltan, the Midi channels for the MR12 cannot be changed. It is hard-coded to use channels 1, 2 & 3. The Midi messages to which it will respond are shown here: https://behringerwiki.musictribe.com/index.php?title=8._MIDI
      • October 30, 2020
      • Midas MR12 midi control
        zoleeon Thank you Rex! This implementation is already in the owner manual of the Midas mr12. And good(or bad) to know that there is no way to change the receive channels on this unit.
        • October 30, 2020
        RexBeckett In case it is not clear, X-Air mixers do not use bank switching. If they receive Midi Bank Select messages on channel 1, they are interpreted as fader values for channel 1 and DCA 1. This is not normally a problem if Bank Selects are sent as a precursor to a Program Change as the new Snapshot will usually overwrite the erroneous fader values. It can be a problem if partial-scope Snapshots are recalled.
        • October 30, 2020
        zoleeon Thank you for clearing this up. Anyway I gave up to control it from Forte, because there were 2 more units controlled by it, and it was kind of messing up things in those 2 units. Long story short I programmed a roland A-300 pro to do the basic jobs for mr12, and it is working perfectly. Maybe I'll look after some smaller controller, later on. Thanks again, and wish you the best
        • October 30, 2020
    • zoleeon
      bongkyou Hello?
      I am a Korean midas m32 user.
      This is Bong-Gyu Lee, CEO of Sejin Event Planning.
      Jitter noise occurs when using the waves plug-in after the latest firmware 4.03 update.
      The jitter noise disappeared by reverting to 4.02 after finding the problem.
      Please solve the problem
      Thank you.
      For reference, when will Hirtej D be released?
      • November 2, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto What has this got to do with the OP of this discussion (MR12 midi control)? Please delete your post and start a new discussion.
        • November 2, 2020
  • MarkNorgren
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-10-28

Can someone explain the benifits of upgrading my M32R to 4.03 and my DL32 to 1.8?  I am currently using 4.1 and 1.7 for my stagebox.  TIA  I am all about stability and use the board for my small band.

0 62
    • MarkNorgren
      Paul_Vannatto I believe you are using firmware 4.01, not 4.1. There are significant bug fixes and feature updates that are included in 4.03 (see release notes). For the DL32, the only update has to do with the "Forwarding of DP48 Messages via AES50" (see release notes).
      • October 28, 2020
    • MarkNorgren
      MarkNorgren Thanks Paul! I stand corrected, 4.01. Will make the change this weekend!
      • October 28, 2020
    • MarkNorgren
      Dale_M Hi Mark, for future reference when you download the latest software all release notes are included in the zip file which gives a breakdown of what is new and improved, i hope this helps
      • October 29, 2020
    • MarkNorgren
      MarkNorgren I just upgraded my board and all went well. As I recall, I had to use a PC laptop to upgrade my DL32 before? Can I use my Macbook Pro do it with this latest upgrade? If so, can anyone point me to instructions for my Mac? TIA
      • October 30, 2020
      • M32R and DL32 Upgrades
        Paul_Vannatto As far as I know, stagebox updates (including DL32) are PC based only at this point.
        • ·
        • October 30, 2020
      • M32R and DL32 Upgrades
        MarkNorgren Thanks Paul!
        • October 31, 2020
Go to page