Statistics

250,622 members
127,806 posts
  • 12Indeed
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-09-06

How do I record an instrumental? Then go back and lay the vocals for verses and choruses on individual tracks, on a Midas M32, for one song without using a DAW?

0 53
    • 12Indeed
      Paul_Vannatto Why aren't you using a DAW? What you want to do is the purpose of a DAW.
      • September 6, 2020
      • How to record songs on an Midas M32 in the studio, without a DAW?
        12Indeed Well I just spent thousands of dollars on equipment and accessories and my last recorder(Tascam 2488) allowed me to record and mix so I assumed this would provide me with the same capabilities. Besides, spending an extra grand or 2 for a Mac or PC will set me back in recording.
        • September 8, 2020
      • How to record songs on an Midas M32 in the studio, without a DAW?
        Paul_Vannatto Different designs of consoles (Tascam and M32). The M32 is a live console that has a 32/32 USB interface for DAW processing. You can change the DN32-USB card with the newer DN32-Live card that allows recording to 1 or 2 SD cards. But it does not have takes, punch-in etc. that a full-fledge DAW provides. I'm not sure why it would cost so much to implement a DAW. I paid $150 for a used commercial grade HP laptop and use Reaper ($60 for 2 major updates) and have produced 2 CD's for a local group, and had no issues.
        • September 8, 2020
  • MadDogUS
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-09-02

Asked this a couple of years ago and no answer and no new products since then either. Should I ditch Midas and go with another brand that actually released new better products lately?

Seen nothing new since M32 (live version was just same as old M32 with a better recording card). Meanwhile there has been many new products from competitors like Allen Heath, SSL etc. all leapfrogging Midas. The new Heritage D is still nowhere to be found. The M32 can't compete with Allen Heath SQ serioes. The Pro 2-3 there are many newer better consoles etc. Did Behringer kill Midas off? The Behringer wing is loosing bad to the Allen Heath SQ series. The Pro series is loosing to Allen Heath 3 new lines and the top is loosing to Avid and SSL. Should I just cut my ties with Midas?

This is important to my company since we are in dire need of updating our Midas mixers. But do we need to change brand too?

read more...
    0 377
    • MadDogUS
      Nigel67 Hi Johan, there is an extremely exciting product that is just about to go into full production, the HD96. Please see the links below. This is our new flagship console and has been receiving rave reviews from clients who have been able to demo one. Please advise which country you reside in and I will put you in touch with our local distributor, who if they have a demo console will be more than willing to demo it to you - conditions permitting. You definitely do not want to ditch Midas, this is an amazing console.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLcIKUB08bA
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wFWzKbkU3Y
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4KYW6DX3eY
      • September 2, 2020
      • What is happening with MIdas?
        MadDogUS At first we are looking for something in same class as Allen Heath Avantes 64 channels to replace the 32 -48 channel mixers we have that is running out of channels and processing. Looking for a system that can have a FOH control surface and live/recording mix console from same stage box(es) (in a separate room to mix with the video mixer to feed live or recorded video). Heritage-D seems good, but it will be to large and expensive to replace the current in use mixers. We are in US and the larger venue we had is shut down so the more immediate (next few months) is something for smaller venue since we can't have any audience live, just live feeds and recordings.
        • September 3, 2020
        Nigel67 Hi Johan, Many thanks for the reply, sorry didn't see the notification until now. Yes, I think that the HD is probably a little over the top for your present requirements. Its either the M32 LIVE or the Behringer Wing that we can offer. The Wing is getting some fantastic reviews.
        • September 10, 2020
    • MadDogUS
      GeorgeDougherty The Wing may or may not be adequate for your needs if you're looking for 64 channels. With all the mix channels being stereo capable, you may find you burn fewer mix channels dealing with stereo playbacks and keyboards. You get 40 full-featured mix channels and 8 aux channels. Build quality and operation feels more Midas level despite the Behringer badge and the price point for its capability is killer.
      • September 13, 2020
        MadDogUS We tried the Wing was not impressed compared to even the Allen Heath SQ series. which sounded much clearer. We are looking for a 96k pro board not a 48k recreational board. Although that is also too small for us, so we are currently looking at the size of AH Aventis which should work for us in the next few years for the smaller midsize events/venues. I was hoping for a new version of Pro1 that could compete with Aventis for price and quality but so far the consoles other than AH are either too big or too outdated (Pro1, 2 etc.).
        • September 13, 2020
        GeorgeDougherty Yeah, there's definitely a hole in the Midas lineup currently.

Personally I'd love to see a 64 channel Midas variant of the Wing with 24-36 bus + 8 matrix. Firmware on the Wing keeps improving workflow but it still has some issues for me. Otherwise, I'd hardly call it recreational. It's almost on par with the Yamaha CL series I love in routing and processing, just short on input channel processing.

Most of my gripes are easily software correctable and while I don't discount what you're hearing, with actual Midas stage boxes handling the IO the sound quality is everything I need to put together good and transparent mixes in a live environment. It sounds better than the X32 and I know from experience even an X32 on a D&B J rig sounds damn fine for a touring band and several thousand people.

I was about to pull the trigger on a 32+16 channel DLive C series setup with Dante card prior to my Wing purchase,.
        The tab was pushing $15K, but the Wing + 48 channels of Midas stage boxes did everything I needed out of the DLive at less than half the price.

If 40 channels don't cut it for you that's fine. As for 96K, when I can actually hear the difference between 48K and 96K mixdowns in my studio, and the double-blind studies stop showing other people can't either, I'll worry about that being a bar for "Pro" work in the live arena.
        • September 14, 2020
  • DwayneAasberg
    Super Contributor - Level 1
    2020-08-31

Hello all.

Working to enhance a live-webcast application in our church. Our setup is:

Sanctuary:
       M32 with all sources connected to LocalIn1-32 & AuxIn1-5
       Plans for addition of DL16 connected via AES50 to this console for stage flexibility
       All house PA and IEM monitors run from this console

Webcast Room
       M32R with no local inputs or outputs
       Output to WebCast Mac via ch1-2 of USB mapped from L-R
       ***imminent future*** replace M32R with M32C

AES50 connex:
       M32[A] <> [B]M32R
       ***imminent future** DL16[A] <> [B]M32[A] <> [B]M32R

(Sanctuary) M32 AES50 patch
       AuxIn 1-6/T >> AES50[A] 1-8
       UserIn 1-32 >> AES50[A] 9-40
       LocalIn 1-32 >> UserIn 1-32 (for future selectivity of DL16 inputs)

(Webcast) M32R Input Patch
       AES50[B] 1-6 >> AuxIn 1-6
       AES50[B] 9-40 >> Channel 1-32

(Thanks Rex and Paul for their previous help in making this work.)

Hopefully all that makes sense. I really DID NOT want to paste 10 screenshots to create a 1.5m long post. ;-)

Now my questions.

1. We have (Sanctuary) M32 TalkBack [A] mapped to all IEM monitors buses in that same console.  Is there a way to get (WebCast) M32R talkback to M32_TB[A] or these same M32 buses so the WebCast tech can communicate with the stage talent?  For clarity, we need to retain the ability for the (Sanctuary) M32 tech to TB to the IEM buses.

2. What is the purpose of the PreAmps screen in M32_Edit/Setup?  Looking at both the M32 and M32R screens they appear to be exactly the same.  I thought the HA gains were set in M32 and that M32R had no control of HA gain.  What am I missing regarding /Setup/Preamps?

3. On the same M32_Edit/Setup/Preamps screen, what is
        Global_Options-Lock_Stagebox ?
        Global_Options-HA_Gain_Split ?
        HA_Remote-AES5-_Port_A or Port_B ?
    and how will these options function differently on the (Sanctuary) M32 vs the (Webcast) M32R?

4. Of the settings selected in M32_Edit/Setup, which become part of a scene file created from that console?
        \Connection ?
        \Mixer ?
        \GUI Prefs ?
        \Midi Control ?
        \Preamps ?
        \Card ?

5. Of the settings selected in M32_Edit/Routing, which become part of a scene file created from that console?
        \Inputs ?
        \AES50 ?
        \Card ?
        \XLR ?
        \Out 1-16 ?
        \Aux Out ?
        \Ultranet ?
        \IQ Setup ?
        \User In ?
        \User Out ?

Sorry for the marathon post. Thanx in advance for your sage assistance.
    Dwayne A

read more...
    0 56
    • DwayneAasberg
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Dwayne, I responded to your Linkin message the other day. For your questions here, I'll try and answer as best as this forum interface will allow.

1. For the TB, I'll need to study current setup (It's been awhile since we set that up) and advise later.
      2. The preamp page shows the the headamp settings (gain and phantom) for the local and AES50 A and B. Normally the console closest to the preamps (located at the XLR jacks) have control, unless that console relinquishes control using the HA Remote settings.
      3. The Lock Stagebox remotely locks an S16 or DL16 front panel (from busy fingers). As far as I know, it works on the console directly connected to the stagebox (via AES50). The HA Gain Split provides each console in the eco-system digital trims on their channel strips instead of gains. When that is enabled, the physical preamp control will be only at the Setup, preamp screen of the console that has HA control. The HA Remote I explained in point 2.
      4. Only the headamp settings (gain and phantom) are included in the scene file (at the very end of the file).
      5. All sections are included in the scene file.
      • August 30, 2020
    • DwayneAasberg
      DwayneAasberg Hi Paul.
      Okay, thank you.

1. TB. Any help you can eventually offer will be appreciated.
      2. The Preamp page also appears to have setting for the local inputs on the M32. I had taken it as a given that if the M32R was using M32 inputs, the M32 would have control of the gain. I have noted that there is a 'Trim' on the M32R even though HA Split is not set. I may need to actually play with these settings at the church.
      3. Okay.
      4. Okay.
      5. Okay.

Thx again for your help.
      Dwayne A
      • August 31, 2020
      • Tonne-o-M32 questions
        Paul_Vannatto For #2, trim will appear on a console if it relinquishes control of the headamp (gain and phantom) by setting the HA Remote.
        • September 1, 2020
  • broadcastdan
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-25

Hello,

Looking into Midas' audio consoles for larger broadcast setups. Anyone know if the Midas Pro X series of boards have audio-follow-video capability? Do any of Midas' other boards have that feature?

0 53
    • broadcastdan
      DavidKnighton Hello broadcastdan,
      As far as I know, the Pro Series desks do not have this feature built-in, as there's no interface between the console and a video system. You would need the video system to somehow trigger the muting/unmuting on the desk, however I'm not sure there's any way to actually accomplish that with the current software available.
      • August 25, 2020
      • Consoles for TV Broadcasting
        broadcastdan Hello David and thanks so much for the message,

Our video switchers all have that capability, but we need to determine if the audio mixers we purchase are capable of understanding those signals.

Thanks,
        Dan
        • August 25, 2020
        KevinMaxwell What video switcher are you using? I used to do a lot of audio for video but it has been a while and that was before digital consoles. Obviously how the studio is configured makes a big difference in how you want this all to work. Audio Follow Video (AFV) to me only makes sense for video roll-ins (Playback) or remotes.

If the switcher can be setup to send specific MIDI commands when the Playback or remote source is switched to Program you could use a Midas M32 or a Wing. I really like the capabilities of the Wing. And you can use some of the Midas Stage boxes with the Wing.

Back when I used to do Sound for Video I was usually doing acquisition. But the times I was involved with a show in the control room it was all analog. So the playback Eng. would have to scrub the tape to be sure they were at the right starting point. So you really had to be sure that the audio from that wasn’t going to the Program feed. Also if the audio had to be up before the video was switched to then AFV wasn’t going to work. That must be considered in how the system is configured or you will have problems. With a digital console and someone that knows what they are doing it could be worked around relatively easily.

I have no experience with any of the Midas Pro-X consoles. I know someone that has some of them but they only do Live sound. If there was or is an off line software other than just for a Mac I would have checked out the capabilities because I like to learn.
        • August 28, 2020
        broadcastdan Thank you Kevin for your reply. We use primarily Grass Valley Kayenne or Kahuna switchers. Unfortunately the M32 or Wing would be too small for our projects. We are mainly looking at using Pro X.
        • August 28, 2020
    • broadcastdan
      CARLOSPER Hi. I did not understand the query well.
      But you can control a video unit from any MIDAS via MIDI.
      Editing the scenes and inserting MIDI between scenes to send or receive and be able to control or be controlled by another device.
      I have put together shows that MIDAS controlled lighting and video when we changed scenes.
      You can also link devices by word clock.
      Well I hope I have been useful
      regards
      • August 25, 2020
        broadcastdan Hello Carlos and thank you for your reply. This is the definition of the feature we're referencing:

Audio-follow-video (AFV)
        An operational mode in which audio and video switchers are tied together so that when the operator selects the video source, the audio simultaneously and automatically switches to the same source.
        https://www.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs/rtp/glossary.htm
        • August 25, 2020
        CARLOSPER Hello
        What I do not quite understand is how the audio and video devices are connected
        It is a Broadcast equipment in which the audio and video travel on the same signal.
        Sorry but i don't understand well
        • August 25, 2020
    • broadcastdan
      Nigel67 Hi, I have spoken to the Design Team regarding the implementation of audio -follow-video for the HD96. A specification for it has been written, however it is not implemented yet. It is in the pipeline, unfortunately not in the short term. We did some modifications to the XL4 many years ago for Broadcast purposes and there was a black box that could be retrofitted to the rear of the console which would automatically open and close faders as different cameras were switched to. Would you mind if I sent you an e-mail so I can get more information from you. Maybe your requirements and quantity of console could persuade the designers to implement the feature sooner than expected. Many thanks
      • August 28, 2020
        broadcastdan Thank you Nigel. Feel free to email. We were advised to reach out to Chase McKnight, which we did but haven't heard back. Chase has my info. However, we are not looking at any large quantities but still most likely more than one. Thanks
        • August 28, 2020
  • TwinTurboz
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-24

Just picked up an M32 and its been a learning curve.  My previous interface was a Mackie 1640i (16 channel).  I occasionally record bands in my home studio and needed additional preamps (yes more than 16).  Plus the additional options for monitor sends to musicians is a blessing.   So the Midas hit the spot.  I was hoping there was an option to tap the USB signal after the low cuts, comp., eq, etc.. of each of the 32 preamps. But that is not possible :(  .   But I found a way to somewhat do it.  But with that option, 16 channels is the limit.  Which is what I could do with the Mackie.   My question is and maybe Im way off base.  But could the X32 and M32 be programmed (bios/os) as a stand alone "Studio Console" ?   Option to tap all 32 channels after the eq section.  The Mackie 1640i had a button on each channel strip to tap before or after eq.  Maybe Music Tribe needs to do a couple Bios settings.  One for "FOH" work and a strictly "Studio" system.  Yes I know one can send all 32 channels back into the mixer and then record a stereo mix.  But I want to use the M32/X32 eq sections during the recording.  Are there any "Mods" out there ?  Just want all 32 card signals to be after the eq's.  Maybe a new bios version to add that option ?  Thanks.

read more...
    1 59
    • TwinTurboz
      Paul_Vannatto Why are you double posting? I answered your other one
      • August 23, 2020
    • TwinTurboz
      TwinTurboz Sorry since the Midas and Behringer basically use the same bios/os i figured i would post on the Midas part of forum and behringer part
      • August 23, 2020
  • DavidStackhouse
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-08-22

Hello... I had heard/read that connection from the M Air app to the MR-18 via external router is more reliable than via its internal router, so I bought an external router - a Linksys EA8300.

First, just to be thorough, I tested it conventionally with my Xfinity internet router, found that the Linksys router functions as intended, and updated its firmware. Then I plugged it into the ethernet jack on the MR-18 and set its Remote switch to Ethernet.

I set my Android device to connect to the Linksys router wifi, which it does, and says "Connected, no internet" (which makes sense).

I open the M Air app, and the connection window appears. Strangely, in the lower left it says...
    "Wifi connected to <unknown ssid>
    1.0.3"
    Then, whether I touch Search or Connect, either way the window that appears says...
    "Searching...
    Wifi connected to <unknown ssid>"
    ...but never connects.

I've tinkered with the IP address, and also with the Wifi lock, but still with no success.

One thing of note: Apparently, both the MR18 and the Linksys router assign themselves by default the IP address 192.168.1.1. I don't know if that's the issue, but I don't know how to change that for one or the other.

Bottom line... can anyone help me get this external router working right? If not, do I really even need it? So far the MR-18's internal router has worked just fine. Thanks for your help.

read more...
    0 281
    • DavidStackhouse
      GaryHiggins You need to make your XR18 settings for the ethernet (or wifi) while you are still actually connected via the built in router. Once saved you can then put the switch in the ethernet position and connect via the direct connection. Settings otherwise do not get saved.
      • August 22, 2020
      • M Air app not connecting to MR-18 via external router
        DavidStackhouse Thanks for replying, Gary.... and what exactly would this settings be, and in what screens? Thanks much...
        • August 22, 2020
      • M Air app not connecting to MR-18 via external router
        GaryHiggins Setup/network pages in M-Air
        • ·
        • August 22, 2020
    • DavidStackhouse
      GaryHiggins I might try a static ip, try something like 192.168.1.18 for ip, use 255.255.255.0 for mask and use the router ip for gateway 192.168.1.1 or leave gateway blank. There are other options if that’s a no go. Maybe dhcp next.
      • August 22, 2020
    • DavidStackhouse
      john0121 Hi David, You can find the detailed steps of connecting with an external router in the following FAQ:

https://musictribecommunity.powerappsportals.com/en-us/knowledgebase/article/6886
      • August 24, 2020
    • DavidStackhouse
      DavidStackhouse Thanks, Gary and John... I'll give it a try!
      • August 24, 2020
    • DavidStackhouse
      DavidStackhouse Gary and John, I finally got around to trying your suggestions, but still have no connection via this router.

I know the router works, because I tested it with our home network before trying to use it with the MR-18.

I connected the same cable as I used during that test from the Ethernet port on the MR-18 to the Internet port on the external router. The remote switch on the MR-18 is set to the left for Ethernet.

I have named the external router network "StackLinksys". The attached picture is of the screen of my Android tablet, showing I am successfully connected to the external router via wifi. (Available networks listed are obviously other networks in range, like my home network and my next door neighbors.)

But, having tried all the methods you suggested, the M Air app still does not see the MR-18 via the external router and thus cannot connect as such. If I switch the MR-18 to Access Point, my tablet sees and connects to it just fine without the help of the external router, just as it always has.

Have you any more thoughts and suggestions on how to get this external router working?

But really, what's the point? What am I gaining by getting this external router working, other than putting another piece of equipment into the signal chain that could potentially fail when I need it most?

Thanks again for all your help. Quite frustrated...   - DS.
      • August 29, 2020
  • Blinky
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-08-18

Hi All,

On a Midas Pro2, we have drums coming in over six channels, and grouped into a VCA for FoH mixing.

The desk does double duty for monitors too.  The musicians use MixTender2 on iPads to manage their IEM mixes.

I would like to have a pop group set up for them with all the channels they need, but can't work out a simple way to create a drum mix and let them adjust its volume with a single fader from within the pop group.  Any ideas?

MCAs are no help as I can't assign an MCA fader to a pop group as far as I can tell.

The only workaround I can think of is to create a send with the drum mix, and hard patch it with a cable back into an input, and add that to the IEM pop group.

Is there a better solution?  How would you acomplish this use case?

read more...
    0 76
    • Blinky
      DanielPaine Hi Blinky, I have a couple of suggestions. Firstly, when an aux (flip) is selected on mixtender, the entire VCA section turns into MCA's. In theory, not only could you group things like drums etc, but all 8 VCA faders could be used for independent control of selected vca groupings like bass guitar keys vox - All specific to the selected Aux only. I would leave the vca page open as standard on the iPad for each musician. If they feel the need to tweak further, they can select the vca and it will unfold just like a pop group

One other possible suggestion is 'collapsed flip' found in preferences. Please bear with me with this as it may not work on mixtender. I unfortunately do not have a console present at home to set, so this may not apply on the app. With this engaged, the idea is that when in flip mode, only Auxes that are turned on are revealed. Any aux send that is switched off is hidden. this means that a concise channel list of used channels is the only thing visible. i.e. if an Aux just has Kick Bass and vox, on the console when you flip to that aux, only those channels are shown. I was hoping this would translate to the mix tender amp!! I'll ask my colleagues to verify. Maybe someone else can confirm.

Other outside the box thinking ideas , if you want to group channels for monitors is to bump the chain down. so, use the matrix as a monitor send to the artist. that way you can do channel direct to matrix or a group of drums to matrix. this group CAN be assigned in a pop. Downside is you'll use up Aux/groups very quickly if people want different level settings. MCA therefor would be the way to go. Hop this helps
      • August 18, 2020
      • Midas Pro2 HowTo: drum mix as single fader in pop group
        Blinky Thankyou for your ideas. I appreciate you taking to time to respond. My thoughts in response to your suggestions:

1. Many VCAs are being used for non band FoH requirements, so unfortunately can't monopolise them. Additionally, each instrument needs to be listed individually, as the ability for each musician to adjust their own instrument/VOX in relation to the band is paramount.

2. "Collapsed flip" won't really give me anything that I can't set up with a standard pop group that I can see, and also doesn't solve my issue of a single drum fader. I think I have a clear understanding of how collapsed flip works, but may have missunderstood what you're saying.

3. I had considered using a matrix just for a drum mix, as I can assign a matrix to a pop group, but just seemed like a sledgehamer solution.

On another note, do you know if I can soft patch an aux send to an input, or does it need to be via a physical cable?
        • August 18, 2020
      • Midas Pro2 HowTo: drum mix as single fader in pop group
        DanielPaine Hi Blinky. Fair enough! it's hard having 1 layout to suit all.

You are correct in that you can achieve in pops what you can in C-Flip. It's just more dynamic, meaning if you add or take away channel, it doesn't have to be replicated/updated in the pop group.I'm not convinced it works on mixtender yet. If it does, may free up pops for other things.

RE: Matrix - it would be the drum group(aux) that would be assigned to pop. not the matrix. And that group need not have anything to do with foh. Agreed, it's a messy solution though.

RE: Softpatch... absolutely! yes you can keep in the digital realm. but this is kind of what of I was describing with using Matrix above.

I'll pass on the suggestion of 'vca/mca to pop' to the r&d team. I think that's a useful idea.
        • August 19, 2020
  • mross
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-08-06

Have a question..

I'm trying to remove the USB card on my M32R does anyone know what size and type of screwdriver I will need? Is it Hex or Touque?

Thanks

0 57
    • mross
      Paul_Vannatto On my X32, its a Philips (star).
      • August 6, 2020
      • Midas M32R
        mross Interesting I tried a star bit and it didn't work
        • August 6, 2020
    • mross
      GaryHiggins M32’s use Torx, can’t remember the size but it’s a common one. EDIT: It’s a T10, I just tried one.
      • August 6, 2020
      • Midas M32R
        Paul_Vannatto Thanks Gary
        • August 6, 2020
      • Midas M32R
        mross Thanks as well Gary
        • August 7, 2020
    • mross
      Dale_M Should be a T10 standard across the range, you can always use an allen key as a workaround if you don't have the torx bits.
      • August 7, 2020
      • Midas M32R
        mross Thanks Dale
        • ·
        • August 7, 2020
  • DavidStackhouse
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-07-23

I want to try using my MR18 as my interface to get audio into Logic Pro X on my MacBook Pro. It's been a while since I recorded anything, and I discovered by accident that my old hardware... a Digidesign 003 Rack and an Avid Eleven Rack... are not recognized by macOS Catalina, and Avid seems to have no intention of fixing it. I mention that for the benefit of others who may have that hardware, and have been scratching their heads wondering why they no longer work.

Anyway, does anyone have any advice about getting the MR18 up and running with Logic? My MBP sees the MR18 as the input and output device (whereas it no longer sees the 003 or Eleven). Is the MR18 completely controlled by Logic; i.e., are its settings in the M-Air-Edit app completely transparent when using it as in interface for Logic? So, for instance... gain, EQ, faders, whatever... anything I may have set in the M-Air app... are all those settings still in place when I use the MR18 to get into Logic? Is there anything I have to do in M-Air-Edit to turn 100% control over to Logic? Thanks much...

read more...
    0 132
    • DavidStackhouse
      RexBeckett The only way for Logic to control the MR18 is via Midi. Normally you would configure and control the MR18 using the MAir Edit app. Logic would see it as an eighteen channel bidirectional audio interface. By default, the MR18 USB Sends would come directly from the preamps so would not be affected by EQ, faders, etc. You can change this, of course,
      • July 23, 2020
    • DavidStackhouse
      DaveMorrison You can control a few parameters via MIDI. If you want channel levels, pans, or scene recalls, Logic can do it. In the studio, I don't. Live, it's handy to have Logic bump up channels levels for solos. I prefer to use a mixer in the studio rather than (or in addition to) an audio interface because I don't get any latency in my monitoring path—the mixer handles that.
      • July 23, 2020
      • MR18 with Logic Pro X (b/c 003 Rack and Eleven are no longer supported in Catalina)
        DavidStackhouse Great tips, Dave... thanks for your input!
        • July 24, 2020
  • er_molla
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-07-23

Hi, i'd like to know if my X touch controlling the mr18 can be sync with a screen with m air and follow my actions. For ex. If i go to the eq. section with the controller the eq should appear also on the screen not only on the controller lcd

0 63
    • er_molla
      RexBeckett Individual controls will be reflect changes but MAir Edit will not switch screens/tabs as a result of X-Touch operations.
      • July 23, 2020
    • er_molla
      BartVanDamme There is a solution for this problem. See this video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MuNb3Zs19Cw Originally designed for Raspberry Pi, but works on Mac and Windows also. More info on www.lumisoft.be
      • July 23, 2020
      • Sync with xtouch
        LuukvanKuipers Hi Bart, does it work both ways? When I change the settings on the pc, will the X-touch follows??
        • July 26, 2020
      • Sync with xtouch
        BartVanDamme It depends on what settings. e.g. if you change a fader level, the corresponding fader on the X-Touch will move.But if you click on the eq tab in X-Air-Edit, the X-Touch will not jump to the eq section.
        What my program does is capture the communication from the X-Touch to the Mixer and when it discovers something that should imply a screen change, it simulates a mouseclick.
        • July 26, 2020
Go to page