Statistics

240,857 members
117,076 posts
  • New
    nickbindt1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-08

Hi!

as a long time Pro user of Midas consoles it's a shame that even after apple is already at OS X Big Sur, Midas does not have a solid solution for the Offline Editor, the only solution there giving is don't update your computer......

So please Midas wake up and support your Pro users!

read more...
    0 56
  • New
    lochsa4
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-05-08

We use a public school's router to access the internet through ethernet. Before the school's router will assign an ip address to devices, an SSL certificate must be installed from the Securly website on each device.  For laptops, it's as simple as navigating to the Securly website where it automatically installs. Is it possible to accomplish this on an M32 Live? Without this step the M32 can't connect to the school's network/internet. Thanks!

read more...
    0 51
    • lochsa4
      Paul_Vannatto The M32 (and X32) acts as an OSC server using ethernet (UDP) to connect to client apps and cannot install SSL certificates. It would be better to use a separate router for the apps that is not connected to the internet.
      • May 7
      • SSL certificate solution needed
        lochsa4 Hey Paul, if I installed a Dante X32 expansion card do you think my M32 console could be identified over the school's network or is it still the same issue? Thanks for expertise!
        • May 10
    • lochsa4
      Paul_Vannatto If you want to connect to the M32 to control it, no the X-Dante card will not work. It is for passing (32x32) audio only between devices (eg. M32, PC's, etc).
      • May 10
  • New
    uncleuccgm1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-06

I powered my mr18, it worked for about 10 minutes and suddenly, audio went down,.no network activity (ethernet activity light off), client/access point mode not working BUT POWER LIGHT IS ON..I pushed the reset button, nothing worked accept the power light.

read more...
    0 52
    • uncleuccgm1
      JoeRivers96 Hi, sounds like there could be an issue with your mixer here. Would you mind submitting a service request through the SUPPORT button at the top of this page please?
      • May 6
  • New
    Ossianott87
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-03

Hello, I'm using:

BUS 1/2
    BUS 3/4
    BUS 5/6
    L/R

For individual headphone mixes routed to individual headphone amplifiers for studio work. I would also like to use the built in headphone amp of the MR18 but have not found out a way to tap audio from anything else (for example the returns) than the Busses or the master for another individual headphone mix. I'm trying to figure out if this is possible. Any suggestions? I've tried to look in the manual but it's not very elaborate in this context.

Thanks!

read more...
    0 32
  • New
    clement58
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-01

Can't get the two devices to communicate

0 35
  • New
    GeorgeAukerman
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-04-28

Where can I find instructions on how to connect my Pro2 to the DP48 system. WHere does the Hub4 connect at the stage end? can it be run in series with the stagebox?

1 43
    • GeorgeAukerman
      KyleJohnson Hi George, Kyle here with Music Tribe. The DP48 and Hub4 system operate at 48kHz and the Pro2 console operates at 96kHz. Unfortunately this means the units can not be connected directly. You will need to install a Klark Teknik DN9650 in order to convert the AES50 signal from 96kHz to 48kHz.
      • Apr 28
    • GeorgeAukerman
      GeorgeAukerman

Also, how do I connect at the stage end? thru the DL stage box with the Hub4?

• Apr 28
      • Pro2 to DP48
        KyleJohnson You would need to run a Cat5 line from one of the AES50 ports on the Pro2 to the AES50 Input on your DN9650, then out of the DN9650 into the HUB4, and out of the HUB4 to your DP48 units.
        • Apr 28
      • Pro2 to DP48
        KyleJohnson It's not possible to daisy chain another AES50 unit off of the 96kHz Midas DL Series stageboxes.
        • Apr 28
    • GeorgeAukerman
      GeorgeAukerman

Is there a way to create more AES50 I/O than 6 on the Pro2?

• Apr 29
  • New
    user12123
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-25

When i switch to daw control mode i see tracks 1-8 on my right 8 faders.

how can I switch to channels 9-16 and so on?

read more...
    0 46
    • user12123
      GaryHiggins Hello, I think you need to provide more details, which DAW, are you using M32 Edit as well? More specifics needed to help.
      • Apr 26
    • user12123
      user12123

Im using cubase 11 and my Problem is, that i only See the First 8 Channels on my Master section. How can i Switch Channels in my Master section to See 9-16 and so on?

• Apr 26
    • user12123
      -mjk- When in DAW remote control mode, you read the displays on the DCA section. There are buttons you press for moving track by track or bank by bank, as well as Record Arm, etc..
      • Apr 26
    • user12123
      user12123

thx very much -mjk- :-) >> and if I want to assign the first 8 tracks to the first assign button and the second 8 tracks etc. to the second assign button. how do I do that?

• Apr 28
  • New
    DannyOwens
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-04-21

I sent in a parts request through a service ticket, no response. I've called, I don't know how many numbers; either no answer at all, or it goes to voicemail; with no return call.

I've contacted Sweetwater, they have no clue how to get parts I need for my M32. I.E. power supply and board P0B31.

I find it a bit of irony that Midas is very outspoken all over their website about how important their customers are; but, the customer can't get through to a real person, let alone get a response via their own on-line service system.

Although, I believe congratulations are in order to Uli Behringer for becoming Allen and Heath's salesman of the year.

If anyone from Midas really exists, and monitors this forum; I initiated Case Number CAS-445570-L1J8J0 .  Could you please investigate where this stands?

read more...
    0 42
    • DannyOwens
      DavidKnighton Hello Danny Owens,
      I came to check on your case, and it appears someone has already gotten back to you as of today. I know it's been a few days since you first opened the ticket, but we appreciate your patience in matter.
      • Apr 23
      • Is Midas really going to just hide from customers?
        DannyOwens David, Thanks for checking in. It is being addressed; and I will post back here the results of this quest once it's complete.
        Thanks again.
        • Apr 23
    • DannyOwens
      DannyOwens In the spirit of giving a fair analysis, I thought that I would post a positive experience I had since that post.

It was very frustrating to not get a response from MT after opening a service ticket. Of course, the last year has been horrible in this industry; and, now that things are opening up, and I’m getting booked; I was faced with having to cancel some shows because of a dead M32. Not getting a response from MT on my parts request was just more salt in the wound.

A person from Midas saw my post and voluntarily intervened. From that point, it was only a couple of days before the parts I needed were in my grubby paws. About an hour after they arrived, my M32 was up and running again.

This post isn’t about rehashing the negative experience of the front end; this post is about giving kudos where kudos are due. On the back-end of Midas’s supply chain are some very competent people. The persons I dealt with were professional, and efficient. The service response issues seem to be caused by some disorganization at the front end of the request system. I.E. a bottleneck in the flow of service requests from the creation of a service ticket to the correct team responsible to resolve the request. As in my case, once the service ticket gets to the right members of the service/parts team, it was really a seamless transaction.
      • Apr 30
  • New
    Servant53
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-04-21

I connected an iPhone to my M32 using a 1/8 TRS to 1/4 TRS cable into AUX 2. I set routing on AUX in to Card 1-2. I am not getting a signal, What’s wrong? Also set routing to AUX In but still no signal. Wanting to play tracks from Spotify or Apple Music. 

read more...
    0 39
    • Servant53
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. First thing, you will want to use a TRS to Dual TS or Dual RCA cable to connect, because the Phones output of your iPhone is Stereo, you need to connect to a Pair of inputs. Otherwise you will have phase cancellation from summing. Make sure that you also leave the AUX IN routing as AUX INS, Card 1-2 means the USB Expansion card. To make sure signal is getting into the console, open the Meters>IN/OUT menu and look at the AUX RETURNS section where you should see the meters moving. After confirming the signal is present at the input, navigate to your Aux In fader layer on the left side of the console and turn up the Aux In 1-2 (or whichever inputs you used).
      • Apr 21
  • New
    GLion
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-21

Hello everyone,

Somebody know how to activate a "Solo Safe" (to automatically force solo even when an other solo is activated) on a selected channel or bus/group or VCA ? Unfortunately I cannot find this function.

0 51
    • GLion
      Paul_Vannatto That is not how safes work. Safes only apply when loading scenes and restrict sections from being loaded. Solo is not included. If you are wanting a specific solo to always be on, you can do it with a snippet with the /-stat/solosw OSC command
      • Apr 21
    • GLion
      DavidKnighton Hi GLion,
      I believe the option you're looking for is called EXCLUSIVE (LAST) under the MONITOR options. This allows you to SOLO a single channel, regardless of what other channel may be currently SOLO'd. If ECLUSIVE (LAST) is not selected, then you can SOLO multiple channels at once, until you hit the CLEAR SOLO or manually deselect all SOLO'd channels.
      • Apr 21
Go to page