Statistics

290,121 members
172,717 posts
  • New
    Darrell1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-24

How do I send all channels from a midas 32 to an x32 for secondary mis. This must be clean 

0 16
    • Darrell1
      Paul_Vannatto Are you wanting to send the same inputs to the X32 or the channel strip outputs (including processing)?
      • Feb 24
    • Darrell1
      Darrell1

We are trying g to use the m32 as the main mix and send all channels to a x32 to be mixed for online, we are concerned this will not be a clean split

• Feb 24
    • Darrell1
      Darrell1

We are thi king about using Dante for this?

• Feb 24
    • Darrell1
      Paul_Vannatto I take it by your reference to "clean split" you just want the physical inputs transferred, correct? If you are planning to use the DN32-Dante and X-Dante cards for this, simply duplicate the assignments on the Routing, Inputs screen to the Routing, Card screen. That will make both the M32 and X32 have the same inputs.

Is there a reason why you don't simply use the AES50 to connect the M32 and X32?
      • Feb 24
    • Darrell1
      Darrell1

If I use the aes will the receiving board be affected by the first board. I am talking about gain le els etc

• Feb 24
  • New
    charlesstrick
    Contributor - Level 3
    2022-02-18

Are the meters on the m32 showing peak or rms levels. Thanks

0 5
  • New
    DavidUselton
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-02-17

Hey there. Can't seem to find where to control USB recording in M32 Edit App.  Connected to M32R so cannot use onboard screen to control this as there is no screen. :-)

Thanks

Dave

0 18
    • DavidUselton
      Paul_Vannatto Hey David, are you meaning you have the M32C (M32R has a screen)? When the M32-Edit app is connected to the console, the USB Recorder will show up under the Save, Load, Copy, Paste icons on the right. If you are not connected the USB Recorder will not show up.
      • Feb 17
  • New
    AENDE1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-15

What is the best way to set up a mix minus on this board.  Will be using mixer for live news remotes.

0 8
  • New
    JsunTyler
    Contributor - Level 3
    2022-02-09

Advanced Routing Question

My goal is to edit scene called internet so Mains LR are routed to my PC to be an input audio source for Streaming. Both of these scenes were created by support from this forum. Scene Main M32c 1 is sending audio to M32C2 scene internet and is working the way it is intended for streaming. Currently I am using aTEM audio from M32C 2 into OBS again it is working but the gain staging is a pain. The goal is to use Internet M32C 2 as an audio interface that replaces the ATEM audio source. I am close but I can't figure out how to get main LR which has been routed three ways from testing 1/2, 7/8 and 15/16. The challenge also is how I have card routing involved in this setup already. I don't want to mess that up at all. This grop has helped me out in the past, if this is possible I look forward to growing my knowledge more

View Attachment
    read more...
    0 22
    • JsunTyler
      Paul_Vannatto Hey JsunTyler good to see you again. Do I assume that you want to connect the M32C to the PC via USB? If so, OBS wants to see the signal on USB 1/2. To do that with the Internet scene, change the following:

On Routing, User Out screen assign the following:
      * Output 1 -> Out 7 (Main L)
      * Output 2 -> Out 8 (Main R)

On Routing, Card screen assign the following:
      * Output 1-8 -> User Out 1-8
      • Feb 9
  • New
    vita
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-02-06

I am a midas Pro series user, but midas has a serious problem. There is no technical assistance here (Portugal/Spain)! this is a serious problem!

0 11
    • vita
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. Technical support is available world wide by clicking on Support and then Technical Support to submit a ticket.
      • Feb 6
      • Midas  technical suport
        vita Usually, when we have problems, we want a quick and effective solution. Taking the equipment to an authorized repairer. Other brands provide them.
        • Feb 6
  • New
    lufebatera
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-05

Hi Everybody,

I bought a M32C recently and I want to use on my DAW (Reaper) but not getting the RAW channels, I want to get the full EQ, gated, compressed individual channel from the M32c...its possible? So far, Im getting all the individual channels separated, but all PRE-EQ.

thank you!

read more...
    0 21
    • lufebatera
      Paul_Vannatto You need to first assign the channel strips using the Routing, Out 1-16, Ultranet or Aux Out screens (eg. DirOut Ch 1) and change the taps (eg Post EQ). Then assign those blocks of 8 to the Routing, Card screen.
      • Feb 5
      • USING A M32C AS AN AUDIO DEVICE, BUT GETTING POS EQ CHANNELS...ITS POSSIBLE?
        lufebatera Hi, Paul
        • Feb 5
        lufebatera Thanks for you response...all of this routing is so tricky...sorry to say, but I still lost here...I didnt get what you said to me...
        • Feb 5
    • lufebatera
      Paul_Vannatto First of all, for any routing changes, always use the M32-Edit app (for PC, Mac, linux or Raspberry Pi), which can be found on the M32 product page ( https://www.midasconsoles.com/product.html?modelCode=P0BM8 under the Product Library, Software on right side).
      How many channels are you planning to record at any one time?
      • Feb 5
    • lufebatera
      Paul_Vannatto With 32 channels you will need to use both the Out 1-16 and Ultranet screens to do this.
      Start with the Out 1-16 (in the Routing section).
      * Assign DirOut Ch 1 (Post EQ) to Output 1
      * Assign DirOut Ch 2 (Post EQ) to Output 2
      ** continue through DirOut Ch 16 to Output 16
      Goto the Ultranet screen
      * Assign DirOut Ch 17 (Post EQ) to Output 1
      * Assign DirOut Ch 18 (Post EQ) to Output 2
      ** continue through DirOut Ch 32 to Output 16
      Goto the Card screen
      * Assign Out 1-8 to the first block (Outputs 1-8)
      * Assign Out 9-16 to the second block (Outputs 9-16)
      * Assign Ultranet 1-8 to the third block (Outputs 17-24)
      * Assign Ultranet 9-16 to the fourth block (Outputs 25-32)
      • Feb 5
        lufebatera Hi paul! it worked..sort of..because now my in ear stopped working...because I use bus 5 and 6 as my in ear out put...but thank you! Im almost there!
        • Feb 5
    • lufebatera
      Paul_Vannatto What are your in ears connected to?
      • Feb 5
    • lufebatera
      Paul_Vannatto It looks as though you have 6 XLR outputs to a Midas stagebox (DL32?). Are you using AES50 A or B? It would make it much easier to help you if you provided better details. Are you using any of the Aux Outs on the back of the console? Are you using buses 1-6 for your in ears?
      • Feb 5
        lufebatera sorry Paul, you are right...yes, Im using a DL32 on a AES50 A. Outputs 1, 2, 3 and 4, goes in a pair of PSM 300 for guitar and bass; 5 and 6 its me on drums, using a small mixer, just for amplifies the headphones.
        • Feb 5
  • New
    MarkNorgren
    Contributor - Level 3
    2022-02-04

This was a very interesting video from Dave Rat.  Thought people here may enjoy it.

M32 and the X32

0 17
    • MarkNorgren
      Paul_Vannatto Interesting that he doesn't show them back together and working at the end. Hopefully he won't have warranty issues with that "borrowed" M32.
      • Feb 4
  • New
    soundfangled
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-01

Midas are busy and probably understaffed, so my ticket is taking some time to process. I have the ability to fix this issue, I just need a help indentifying the spare part.

Does anyone have the official service manual or can tell me what this ribbon is?

I've attached an image.

I need the ribbon by X6 on the UserCtrl PCB - it's become unseated and needs replacing.

Please help, I have a tour coming up and this is going to financially hurt if I cannot fix.

read more...
    0 28
    • soundfangled
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle with Music Tribe here. Could you please provide your Case number?
      • Feb 1
    • soundfangled
      eeeee if they dont sort you out a free replacement you can easy buy a soldering iron and some heatshrink sleeving. fix will take 30 seconds.
      • Feb 1
    • soundfangled
      soundfangled

Still no response from Midas.

• Feb 8
  • New
    stopedintorni
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-01
    Hi guys! I just bought a MIDAS DL154 and wanted to connect it to my M32c which I have owned for 2 years. 
    The result was disastrous! Unlistenable audio (crazy distortion, like an extreme signal saturation) and above all a
    big problem on the mixer or the AES50 B port has remained "stuck" with an icon of an M32C which obviously is neither
    present nor connected. Whatever sticks to the AES50 B won't sync or work. I tried with S16 with DL154 nothing ...
    it doesn't work anymore. I checked sync, initialized the mixer, updated the firmware, nothing. HELP!
    read more...
    0 5
    • stopedintorni
      Paul_Vannatto Are you using the latest firmware for both the M32C and DL154? Also make sure the DL154 is set to 48Khz
      • Feb 1
    • stopedintorni
      stopedintorni

Yes, the problem was in the outdated FIRMWARE of the DL 154 which now works perfectly. Unfortunately there remains the problem of the AES50 B port of the mixer which does not want to unlock, shielded CAT6 cables, stagebox s16 connected but nothing ... Clock Master or Slave does not change anything, when empty the icon of an elusive X32C appears which when I connect the cable but it disappears without synchronizing anything ... I am heartbroken ...

• Feb 2
      • M32C and DL154 hard problems..
        KevinMaxwell Just a shot in the dark here but has the routing on the AES50b accidentally got changed so it isn't setup right at the moment? Look at the settings in routing for AES50a and try to match that for AES50b
        • Feb 2
Go to page