Statistics

208,768 members
81,007 posts
  • New
    Bluechriscov
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-01-24

Hi,

My mixer works, but the crossfader assign is all over the place won't assign the channels and only seem to provide sound output randomly 

is there a way to fix this issue..?

0 3
  • New
    andyp13
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-01-24

I have searched the internet to find uses for the HUB4, as it's just advertised as part of an IEM system if you use a DP48. If you have a DP48 with an X32/ Wing etc... why would you need one? What could it do for you apart from save you using the Power Supply that comes with the DP48.

it seems that the HUB4 is just a very expensive power supply for your DP48's. ?‍♂️

read more...
    0 6
    • andyp13
      RexBeckett Hi Andy, the Hub4 does a bit more than supply PoE to DP48s. See the product page for details: https://www.midasconsoles.com/product.html?modelCode=P0DM1
      • 6 hours ago
      • HUB4 - a very expensive Power Supply
        andyp13 Thanks for the reply, that link just confirmed my thoughts, it’s an overpriced power supply for the DP48. I think a more realistic price should be about £199 max... it’s not needed to connect stageboxes when a stage box can connect directly to source without putting the HUB4 in between - unless of course you want it to supply power to it ?. A more realistic price needs to be considered.
        • 2 hours ago
  • New
    lbsmith
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-24

Hello,

Familiarizing myself with being able to record with the Behringer Wing here...

I have an SD 16 stage box connected through to a cat6 shielded cable to the AES50 A port. I am able to assign and route mics accordingly and I am familiar with doing so with the Local Inputs. However, I am having trouble finding the proper output selection on the Wing so that my DAW can read it through USB with each seperate channel being able to record.

Is there anyone else with a similar set up that is using the Wing in this fasion? I know I am missing something very simple here tho...

Help would be very much appreaciated

:)

read more...
    0 1
    • lbsmith
      GaryHiggins If within Cakewalk you are seeing the correct individual asio inputs and outputs ok, the problem is probably the usb routing sources on the Wing. The usb output sources there should be aes50a 1-16 for any inputs coming from the sd16 and local for any inputs from the wing itself.
      • 8 hours ago
  • New
    Hobbes002
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-23

I've got an X32 running the v3 firmware. We've built some scenes and channel snippets which are visible in the library on the X32.

But when I connect my X32-Edit app to the desk and I view the library in X32-edit, it's empty.

The desk is connected: I can control it from the app. Is there a way to access the library on de mixer from the app?

read more...
    0 2
    • Hobbes002
      Paul_Vannatto That is because the X32-Edit library list reflects the presets stored on the computer, not on the console. No the console's library list is not accessible by the Editor. The workaround is to export the console's presets to a USB stick, save them to the computer's HDD (which would also provide backup to your presets), then import them into the X32-Edit library lists.
      • Sat at 10:07 AM
    • Hobbes002
      Hobbes002 Ah, thanks. I was hoping I'd be able to edit them directly (mainly so I could change preset names on the computer, which is much easier than on the X32), but I can do that with the workaround.
      • Sat at 10:31 AM
    • Hobbes002
      Paul_Vannatto There is another way to rename presets using Live Toolbox chat screen. It can be found here
      https://sourceforge.net/projects/x32livetoolbox/

After connecting, use the following OSC commands (from Patrick's X32 OSC Protocol doc, pages 48-49):

Channel preset name example (001 is for slot 1)
      /-libs/ch/001/name ,s "Joe's Vox"

Effects preset name change example
      /-libs/fx/003/name ,s "Vocal verb"

Routing preset name change example
      /-libs/r/027/name ,s "Mon 2"

DP48 preset name change example
      /-libs/mon/001/name ,s "Drums"
      • Sat at 10:51 AM
  • New
    jackvane007
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-23

I have two synths connected to the mixer on two different tracks. I'm exporting those two tracks via USB to my Mac Pro. When I open Logic, it sees two tracks, USB 1 and 2, but they are identical having both tracks mixed on them. 

Is there something I'm not doing so that each track corresponds to a different track in Logic Pro X? 

read more...
    0 4
    • jackvane007
      RexBeckett Hi Jackvane007, the USB interface in an X1204USB is stereo. It allows recording of the Main mix but not individual channels. You can record two mono inputs separately by panning each to opposite sides and then using the DAW track-split function to break the stereo track into two mono ones.

If you need true multi-channel recording, you will need to use a different type of mixer.
      • Sat at 2:02 AM
    • jackvane007
      jackvane007 Cool. At least now I know I'm not crazy! Thanks Rex!
      • 7 hours ago
  • New
    GeorgeNikoiDsane
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-22

How do I verify a serial number of an X32 mixing console

0 2
    • GeorgeNikoiDsane
      KyleJohnson Hi George, Kyle here with Music Tribe. The Serial number is on the rear of the console near the Power switch. It starts with S and ends with ASF (assuming this is a full sized X32 unit)

You can also find the serial number in the SETUP>GLOBAL menu on the left hand side.
      • Fri at 1:28 PM
  • New
    Roblof
    Volunteer Moderator
    2021-01-22

Exciting news!

Wing Dante has been publicly released to the distribution channels today. Distributors should be able to start placing orders now if everything goes as planned.

After that you need to wait for that slow boat from China before you can get it into your hands ;-)

read more...
    2 242
    • Roblof
      DavidKnighton This is truly great news Robert. I've had many inquiries on when this would be available.
      • Fri at 3:47 PM
    • Roblof
      GaryHiggins Sign me up!!
      • Fri at 5:12 PM
    • Roblof
      PatrickGMaillot I'll wait for the internal one.... Not giving up the WLive.
      • 10 hours ago
      • Wing Dante Card update
        GaryHiggins Certainly a big trade off I agree. I don't really want to either but the lure is intoxicating! I have an X-Dante card now that can freely go into any of my other mixers which opens up a world of possible. I would likely end up selling W-Dante and going internal when the time comes. I can put the X-Dante in my M32R and put the X-Live card in my Core connected via aes50 and get 32 sd tracks that way…and 96 sync’d ch’s of Dante with the Wing/M32 combo…and then there’s the Dante virtual sound card and the old DAW…I probably should wait but I probably won’t :-)
        • ·
        • 7 hours ago
    • Roblof
      georgecollins94 Any news on a MADI card?
      • 5 hours ago
      • Wing Dante Card update
        Roblof No, not yet. It was said once that dante and soundgrid were the first ones to come, but who knows...
        • 4 hours ago
  • New
    RexBeckett
    Superhero - Level 3
    2021-01-22

Following the purchase of a Flow 8 Digital Mixer, I set about learning how it worked – from a user’s perspective. This was done by connecting audio test equipment to the inputs/outputs and observing the effect of each of the controls on the various outputs. The results allowed the creation of an apparent signal paths diagram. The diagram reflects the Flow 8 functionality with firmware V11729. Subsequent firmware releases may change the signal paths.

The diagram is not part of any official documentation and is just intended to help users understand how the various controls affect the operation of this great little digital mixer.

View Attachment

read more...
    3 10
    • RexBeckett
      DaveMorrison Nice work. How do you like the Flow8 as a mixer?
      • Fri at 2:16 PM
      • Flow 8 Apparent Signal Paths
        RexBeckett Thanks, Dave. I think that the Flow 8 is great for mixing solo or duo performers and is ideal for many streaming or broadcast applications. The hardware has been well conceived and designed and has many advantages over typical small analogue desks. The Android app needs some attention but most of the functions work.

I see the Flow 8 as filling the space between a small analogue mixer and an XR18. I have been testing it in a multi-participant streaming environment where it replaces a Xenyx QX1002USB + UMC404HD. The Flow 8 is excellent in this role - providing both a physical control surface and the advantages of a digital mixer e.g. instant recall of saved snapshots, remote control and multi-channel recording over USB.
        • ·
        • Fri at 3:48 PM
    • RexBeckett
      Jerrylee1 Thanks for the diagram Rex, the compressor ratios vs percentage good to know. Lots of potential in this little mixer!
      • Fri at 6:34 PM
    • RexBeckett
      RexBeckett We may as well use this discussion to collect other information that could help new owners of a Flow 8.

In the channel EQ, the Low and High bands are shelving and are specified at 20Hz and 20kHz – outside the range that most of us can hear. They have quite shallow slopes, though, so can be used to shape the bottom and top ends. I have measured the -3dB points (frequencies) for a range of settings.

Low Shelf
      0dB: 18Hz, -3dB: 31.5Hz, -6dB: 100Hz, -9dB: 125Hz, -12dB: 140Hz, -15dB: 180Hz

High Shelf
      0dB: >20kHz, -3dB: 20kHz, -6dB: 8kHz, -9dB: 6.3kHz, -12dB: 5.6kHz, -15dB: 5kHz

I think the bottom end of the Low Shelf is affected by the channel's Low Cut filter. This cannot be turned off so is set to the lowest frequency of 20Hz.
      • 5 hours ago
    • RexBeckett
      RexBeckett The Flow 8 responds to Midi messages via the USB connection to a PC. This is a one-way Midi link. The Flow 8 does not transmit any Midi messages. The Midi implementation is well documented in the Quick Start Guide. Continuous Control values can be calculated as shown below.

Fader Levels:
      CC Value = ((dB + 70) * 126 / 80) + 1

Bus Limiters: CC Value = (dB + 30) * 127 / 30

EQ Bands: CC Value = (dB + 15) * 127 / 30

Low Cut: CC Value = (Frequency - 20) * 127 / 580

Channel Gains: CC Value = (dB + 20) * 127 / 80

Pan/Balance: CC Value = (Setting + 1) * 127 / 2
      • 5 hours ago
  • New
    GaryWorsham
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-01-22

I've had the XR18 for a year or two now, using it for recording vocals, guitar and bass, etc. with SONAR and then Ableton Live.

A year ago I only had an Avid Eleven Rack stereo guitar modeler with a Pigtronix Infinity looper in the effects loop.  This works great and you can record and use the loops in a DAW because you can put the cab sim before the FX loop.

Then I got a couple tube guitar amps with effects loops (Mesa Boogie Express 5:25 Plus and Laney L5 Studio) and faced the issue where the recorded loops do not benefit from any coloration given by the power amp and speaker (or sim).  I can put a sim on them in the DAW but I would rather just get the tones I want and then record them.

Then I wondered if I could use the AUX sends on the XR18 to send to the looper and the answer is yes. 

I have the following inputs to the XR-18
    -> is mono
    => is stereo

Mesa/Boogie -> Captor-X XLR => XR18
    Laney XLR -> XR18
    Eleven Rack XLR => XR18

XR18 aux 5/6 XLR => RC-5 looper 1/4"
    RC5 1/4" => XR18 15/16 1/4"

I have the Aux 5 and 6 sends per channel boosted up and (very important) you have to unmute the aux send. Took me too long to figure that out.

So now, whichever thing I plug into, it is ready to go into the looper. I can mute unused channels using the XR18 app.

At the moment, since the dry comes through the looper, I am putting the volume of the main channel(s) for the desired inputs at 0. The aux send is set to be pre-fader, so the dry comes through to channels 15/16. If you mute the channel it really mutes it and you don't get anything pre-fader.  I don't see a way to suppress "dry" in the Boss looper.

Next up, I think I am going to migrate my Pigtronix Infinity to aux 3/4 and inputs 13/14.

This way I can use either the Pigtronix or the Boss loopers with either of the 3 rigs without changing any setup. That is pretty cool!

read more...
    0 3
  • New
    timeofsilence
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-01-22

Will there be a Midas version of the Wing?  Sorry if this has been discussed already.  

0 5
    • timeofsilence
      PedroRodrigues Hi timeofsilence Please be aware at this moment we cannot provide any information regarding any future releases, please keep checking our social media for any update on this matter. Thank you
      • Fri at 12:08 AM
      • X32 then M32, Wing then ?????  Will there be a Midas version of the Wing?
        timeofsilence Thanks for the reply :-)
        • Fri at 5:44 PM
Go to page