Statistics

196,272 members
66,834 posts
  • New
    2020-11-21

Does this actually work? And if so, how do you set the port?

tia

g

0 3
  • New
    2020-11-21

I dont have the default password or factory default for the X 18 console by friend bought and I was wondering if anyone had it to help me out so we can actually use the thing, thanks

0 3
    • Randy Harmon
      Paul Vannatto Hi Randy, don't bother with the internal wifi. We are all recommending using an external wifi (dual or tri band) router. Switch to ethernet on the console.
      • Nov 21
  • New
    2020-11-21

Hello,

Our mute groups had been well behaved.  We assigned a bus for a streaming audio feed (#7) and the mute groups were following the main mute groups for that bus as well.  Now something has changed and the main mute groups still work, however the bus has channels that remain muted on bus #7 when they are on to the main outs.

I understand the setting of the regular mute groups for the main outs, what is the process for setting the mute groups on the bus?  Do I have a mute override somewhere on the board that is keeping these channels muted?  Mark me down as confused.

Any help is greatly appreciated...Thanks,

Alan

read more...
    0 7
    • Al Hil
      Gary Higgins Do you have DCA mutes or Hard mutes checked off in the mixer mute system setup pages by any chance? Normally these are NOT checked. In which case a muted DCA group will mute its participating ch's only at FOH but not in the buses. It's the workaround for muting FOH ch's but still keeping the bus ch's live. If DCA mutes IS checked off then the participating ch's of a mute group will be muted at FOH and in the buses if that mute group is muted.
      • Nov 21
  • New
    2020-11-20

Hi,

I own several of the Behringer gear and generally like all of them.

So when I found out about the Flow 8, I was at first almost blown away.

Looks like exactly what I need for one of the groups that I am in.

Then I saw the specs for channel Eq; not good!

Please tell me this is a typo; Lo shelf eq preset at 20Hz and Hi-shelf eq preset at 20Khz!!

Who would use this? I can see 100, 80 or maybe 60 Hz for lows and 8K, 10K or 12Khz for highs, but 20Hz and 20Khz????

Does this make any sense at all?

Sincerely,

Dan

read more...
    0 6
    • madoues
      Rex Beckett Hi And, I agree that filters at 20Hz and 20 kHz do not make much sense. I am hoping it is a misprint in the specifications. I shall measure the actual values once I get my unit.
      • Nov 20
    • madoues
      madoues Much thanks Rex. I will also wait until you come back with feedback on this after you get your unit. My guess is that it is not 20 and 20Khz, but some other values. If someone from Behringer could chime in would also be a nice way to straighten this out. :)
      • Nov 20
  • New
    2020-11-20

Hello,

I recently purchased and installed the X- Live expansion card and installed into a the X32 Compact. Seems to be working fine (although I have yet to put it through a 'real world' test). My question is this: to conserve SD card space, I selected 16 channels as the option for recording inputs (as opposed to 32, which given that I don't have a 32 channel board, wouldn't make sense). HOWEVER, I realized that I had a few aux input channels being used, and want to capture them as well. My question is: Is it possible to record aux inputs (I would think it would be) and if so, do you have to select the 32 channel recording option, so you can inclued the aux inputs for recording? Hopefully that question makes sense, and thanks! 

read more...
    0 26
    • Mark Letalien
      Rex Beckett Hi Mark, the tracks recorded on the SD card are set on the Routing -> Card tab. Using the User Out patching in console firmware V4.xx, you can select Aux inputs along with other local or AES50 inputs. You would only need to record 32 tracks on the SD if you have more than 16 active channels (normal + Aux).

Let us know if you need help setting this up.
      • Nov 20
      • X-Live Question
        Mark Letalien Hi Rex, First off, thanks for the quick reply. So, here is where I am confused, and not sure how configure. What I would like to do is record the first 14 XLR inputs and then aux inputs 1 and 3; however, I cannot see how I could do that given the options in the Routing>Card screen. It seems like users only have the option to select 8 channels from column 1-8 and 8 channels from column 9-16, which would take all 16 channels, not allowing the ability to select the two desired aux inputs without selecting 32 tracks from the SD REcording menu in the SETUP>Card screen. Does that make sense? Thanks for your time! ML
        • Nov 20
      • X-Live Question
        Mark Letalien So to make a long story short, I think I will need help doing this....sorry and thanks!! ML
        • Nov 20
    • Mark Letalien
      Rex Beckett This is where the User patching in firmware V4.xx comes into play. It allows you to circumvent the restrictions of the block-of-eight routing. I have attached screenshots (from X32 Edit) of the patching to achieve what you want. It can also be done directly on the console.The User Out patching creates two eight-channel blocks of signals consisting of local inputs 1-14 , Aux 1 and Aux 3. These blocks are then used in the Routing -> Card tabs.
      • Nov 20
      • X-Live Question
        Mark Letalien Thanks Rex! Okay, stupid question: Will doing this in any way affect the output of channels tp the mains? I need to be careful that I am not inadvertently causing an issue come show time. I don't want to any way affect the routing in regards to how the sound is coming from channels to the mains/FOH. Thanks for your help and patience!
        • Nov 20
      • X-Live Question
        Rex Beckett There are no stupid questions, Mark. Routing in the X32 world can be very confusing. I can assure you that the routing I have suggested will not interfere with the console channel inputs or main outputs. If it would help you to be sure, export your current scene and upload it to a file share site (e.g. Google Drive) and post a sharing link.
        • Nov 20
    • Mark Letalien
      Mark Letalien Thanks Rex, here it is! https://www.dropbox.com/s/x4gp0rui8rf9llk/scene1.scn?dl=0 So, speaking of no stupid question :), when you save the routing like you showed me, it is saved per scene? So each scene could have its own level of routing even at that level? Also, as an FYI, based on your instructions, i changed it up a bit.....aux 1 is going to 5 and aux 3 is going to 16....please let me know if you think this is right. Thanks!
      • Nov 20
      • X-Live Question
        Mark Letalien Hi Rex, after making the changes, I can see on the board itself that these changes have taken place. Pretty cool. I guess one the things I don't understand, especially looking at this, is how does the board know to send this routing to the card? Should 'Category' have 'Card' selected? Not sure how that works....great board, but LOTS under the hood. Thanks! ML
        • Nov 20
    • Mark Letalien
      Rex Beckett Hi Mark, I can see from your scene file that you have set up the User Out patching. What you have not done is to route the patched blocks to the Card. On the console, this is done on the Routing -> Card page. Encoder 1 selects the source of Card outputs 1-8 so scroll down and select User Out 1-8. Use encoder 2 to scroll down and select User Out 9-16 for Card outputs 9-16.

All routing is saved in the scenes. As long as your original scene has been saved on the console or exported to a USB stick, you can always reload it if you inadvertently change something that stops it working.

We have not discussed how you are going to use the SD card recordings. Most DAW software can import the files directly from the SD cards. If you want to play the files back through the console, it will require some tricky routing. This is because the Aux channels are not as flexible as the normal ones.
      • Nov 21
    • Mark Letalien
      Rex Beckett Hi Mark, the attached screenshots (X32 Edit) show how to set the routing to allow the SD recordings to be played back through the console.

I have used the Routing -> User In patching to shift most of the tracks up eight places. The first block is used to position tracks 5 and 16 for use by Aux In Remap which only works on the first block. I have fed track 16 to both sides of the Aux 3/4 pair. The second picture shows how to set Routing -> Inputs (Play) to use this patching.

The console can be configured to switch between Record and Play routing automatically when using SD cards. This is done on the Setup -> Card tab.
      • Nov 21
  • New
    2020-11-20

Preordered this console a few months ago to ensure I received one in 20, was informed in early October that my console would be shipping 10/30, only to be told today by my sales rep that the console I was supposed to receive will not be built now for months, literally no timetable...What is the reasoning for this?  Is this how Music Tribe supports their customers??

read more...
    0 8
    • Marshall Husted
      John Matthews Hi Marshall, sorry to here about the delay your experiencing with this. I'll reach out to you via email to get you speaking with the right person. Thanks
      • Nov 22
  • New
    2020-11-19

Hi there,

Does anywone know how it comes that de usermanual for the X32 does not follow the firmware updfates.

I can't find een actual manual, containing the latest changes on the Music Tribe site!

tia

read more...
    0 30
    • Dan Libeert
      Paul Vannatto The X32 manual hasn't been updated since firmware 2.x. This forum (community) has become the current manual. Anything you need to know, we can answer.
      • Nov 19
      • X32
        Jeff Rusin Evidently one more problem this website has since they changed over Wayback when when it was a beautiful website. I am about ready to sell all this and just get something different
        • Nov 20
      • X32
        Jeff Rusin I also found out there’s no place to tell them about it
        • Nov 20
      • X32
        Paul Vannatto I wouldn't sell my X32 stuff, no matter how bad the forum is. Just my 2 nickels. I do agree that we had a great forum a few iterations back and I really miss it. But I'm committed to the X32 community (and X-Air, M-Air and Wing as well).
        • ·
        • Nov 20
    • Dan Libeert
      Jeff Rusin Well Paul thanks for your help and I was going to send you a file but what I ended up doing was went to set up and reset my scene data and then immediately after I initialized my console. then I reloaded my scenes and everything works again it’s just a computer probably had a little glitch I guess . I get to keep my stuff after all LOL
      • Nov 21
      • X32
        Paul Vannatto Great to hear that an initialisation reset fixed the issue. Wouldn't it be great if certain political problems could be solved that way? (LOL)
        • Nov 21
  • New
    2020-11-19

I need help!!! I have 2 X32 consoles 1 in the Church and 1 in the media center( another room )  I also have 2 s16 stage boxes and a p16d I'm trying to multitrack from the Media console using MacBook Pro 10.15.xxx and Studio One 3 I've tried everything and console won't record to my laptop funny enough l am able to connect and see Xusb in the daw software but routing seems to be a challenge  please help, I will give more info as needed

read more...
    1 11
    • Ron Dean
      Dave Morrison Routing is the most difficult aspect of the X32. The "Routing:Card Out" menu is the place to make the changes. If you want the Church console's signal, then the AES-50 bus needs to be selected. If you upload your scene to Dropbox (or equivalent) we can take a look—just post the link.
      Another thing to check is the Mac's security settings. "Security and Privacy:Microphone" needs to allow sound in for each program that want the signal.
      • Nov 18
      • Multitracking
        Ron Dean i will upload soon as i get to church Friday morning, Oh, I'm running firmware 4.03 on X32. I wish i had never changed, the old 3.0.X was working fine
        • Nov 18
  • New

Estoy mirando esta mesa, quisiera saber si es posible, conectar voz en canal 1 guitarra, canal2, caja de ritmos, canal 3 y tocarlo todo a la vez y conectar la mesa al pc para grabar en Cuba se, reaper, etc y se grabaría cada canal en una pista distinta, osea voz, pista 1, guitarra canal2 caja de ritmos canal 3 o por el contrario se grabaría todo en una misma pista.

Gracias

read more...
    0 13
    • Carlos Liras Hernández
      Dave Morrison It should. From the Quickstart guide "When used as a recording interface, 10 channels are transmitted to the computer'
      • Nov 18
    • Carlos Liras Hernández
      Nigel Turner Hi, yes, just to confirm, it is as Dave has written, 10 to the computer and 2 to the mixer.
      • Nov 18
    • Carlos Liras Hernández
      Rex Beckett The USB channels for recording are shown in the Firmware V11729 Release Notes.
      • Nov 19
  • New
    2020-11-18

Is there any update on when the waves card for the wing console might be available?  

1 6
    • Jan Williams
      Pedro Rodrigues Hi Jan, at this moment we do not have any updates on that matter, please keep an eye on our social media for any updated on this matter. Thank you
      • Nov 19
Go to page