Statistics

305,513 members
189,822 posts
  • rohb804
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-07-15
    Hi, I have a XR 18 for my band practice. guitar, bass, and mics works fine with the XR18. but we have two problems now: 1. we also have an audio interface, 1 drumpad, and 1 midi KB, since the drumpad and midi kb need sound samples from computer, what's the proper connection order among them? 2. we bought X-touch recently, but we have trouble synchronizing it with XR-18. we could successfully have the channels synchronized with pc, and the meter by the channels could detect signals from XR-18. but when moving the faders, nothing happens, when trying to change the channel page, X-touch freezes and needs a reboot. thank you
    read more...
    0 65
    • rohb804
      RexBeckett How are you connecting the X-Touch to the XR18? I recommend using an external Ethernet switch or dual-band router to connect the X-Touch and PC to the XR18 LAN port. The dual-band router would also allow you to connect phones/tablets through 5GHz Wifi if you want remote control of monitor mixes etc.
      • July 15, 2020
      • XR18 & X-touch synchronizing problem
        rohb804 I am using a router to connect x-touch, xr18, and pc. I followed this video to do the setups: https://youtu.be/ZK_RwAAhCcA. the x-touch is able to sync data from pc and signal from xr18 but not able to control anything, also the pc can't connect with xr18. the firmwares are updated.
        • July 15, 2020
        RexBeckett It sounds as though there is a problem with the network configuration or settings. Assuming your router has a DHCP server, both the XR18 and X-Touch should be set to DHCP mode so that they are assigned valid IP addresses. To change the XR18 LAN settings, you would need to switch it back to the internal access point mode and connect your PC's Wifi to that so that X-Air Edit can connect to it.
        • July 16, 2020
        rohb804 Thank you so much Rex. and what about my problem 1: the correct connection order among xr18, audio interface, 1 drumpad, and 1 midi KB, since both drumpad and midi kb need to load samples from computer.
        • July 16, 2020
        RexBeckett Are you asking about Midi connections? That's not really my field but, if there is an issue with the order of devices, you may need to use a Midi splitter or an additional USB/Midi interface.
        • ·
        • July 17, 2020
        rohb804 Thank you
        • July 21, 2020
  • bridgechurch
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-07-15
    Trying to figure out a way to be able to mute the FOH but keep the Mix Buses live so the band can still hear each other in their in-ears. Looking for something simple, not a complex DCA setup. Anyone have any ideas?
    0 99
    • bridgechurch
      Paul_Vannatto Mute the Main LR fader
      • July 14, 2020
    • bridgechurch
      bridgechurch More so looking for a way to selectively mute individual channels from FOH.
      • July 15, 2020
      • Muting FOH, not Mix Bus on X32 Rack
        Paul_Vannatto Unselect LR on the Main screen for the selected channels
        • July 15, 2020
  • KevinTisdall
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-07-14
    I have an XR18. Works fine. Just hoping to freshen up the firmware level if it is behind. How do I find the firmware level running in the unit?
    0 62
    • KevinTisdall
      Paul_Vannatto Using X-Air Edit (PC, Mac, linux or Raspberry Pi), connect to the XR18. On the left side (of Setup screen) you will see the firmware number.
      • July 14, 2020
      • XR18 - How do I find the existing firmware level and how do I update it if needed?
        KevinTisdall thanks Paul.
        • July 14, 2020
      • XR18 - How do I find the existing firmware level and how do I update it if needed?
        KevinTisdall Could you guide me on where to get that? I see everything on the website app list for the XR18 except for the windows/PC.
        • July 14, 2020
        KevinTisdall ...aaaand just found it on the software page.
        • July 14, 2020
  • lanzalaco
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-07-14
    Due many LIVES happening in the word, Musictribe can be create a LUFS monitor in x32 line on the next atualization firmewere...
    0 58
    • lanzalaco
      Paul_Vannatto The answer will probably be no, since the remaining capacity in the X32 DSP is very small.
      • July 14, 2020
      • LUFS MONITOR
        lanzalaco it can work like a efects insert in LR, its is very light, like a Youlean, i belaleve.
        • July 20, 2020
  • User5000
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-13
    I have a Behringer Xenyx 2442fx And all of a sudden channel 4 is gone. Only get sound when the fx button is depressed. Please help! Thanks!
    0 103
    • User5000
      KevinMaxwell Please take a picture showing the section of the mixer where channel 4 is located and include the input jacks at the top in that picture. Take it high enough resolution that we can zoom in to see the position of buttons and other controls.
      • July 13, 2020
      • Lost channel 4
        User5000 Hi. Thank you! Let me know what else you might need
        • July 13, 2020
    • User5000
      Dale_M Are you able to just connect a mic in and get any signal in on Ch4? Are you using XLR or line in? Does it do the same on both?
      • July 14, 2020
      • Lost channel 4
        User5000 Hi. Thanks! I used an xlr and 1/4" to the channel with the same results.
        • July 14, 2020
    • User5000
      KevinMaxwell Well I see what your problem is, you don’t have anything hooked up to the mixer.

Actually I wanted to see what you had hooked up and where it was hooked up.

I don’t know you experience so I have to write this assuming that it isn’t very much. If you are experienced in audio please let me know that. Whatever it is you had plugged into channel 4, plug it into channel 5 instead. Now however you have all of the buttons and controls, knobs, faders set for channel 5 when it works on channel 5, set all of the controls on channel 4 to match them. Then move the input connector from 5 to 4. Does it now work? If it doesn’t move it back to 5 is it still working on channel 5?

Do you have anything that you sometimes insert in to the insert jacks on this mixer? If you do plug that into the insert on Channel 5 and make sure that it works. If it does then move the input and the insert cables over to channel 4. Does Channel 4 work now?

WHY WON’T THIS FORUM PROPERLY FORMAT WHAT I WRITE? I WROTE IT WITH PARAGRAPH SPACING IN IT AND NO MATTER WHAT I DO IT ELIMINATES IT AND RUNS IT ALL TOGETHER.
      • July 14, 2020
      • Lost channel 4
        User5000 Hi. Thanks and sorry about the misunderstandIng. I do have some experience. I tried what you said. 5 works, i get nothing when moving from 5 to 4, move back to 5 and it still works. I get output on 4 from the insert but no audio from the main outs or headphones and doesn't have the built in effect on the audio either. Only get audio out of headphones from 4 with fx button depressed, nothing from main outs. With fx button up i do get very low audio with the trim and all sliders set to max. The red LED shows clipping on the channel but like nothing going to the main outputs, sliders, or through the built in effects.
        • July 14, 2020
      • Lost channel 4
        User5000 Actually, audio goes go to the main slider but not it's LED
        • July 14, 2020
    • User5000
      KevinMaxwell I was thinking possibly a bad insert jack that isn’t going back to connected without something plugged into it. If you take a TRS connector and short T&R and plug that into the insert for ch4 it will bypass the insert.
      • July 14, 2020
      • Lost channel 4
        User5000 I was able to bypass the insert by putting an allen wrench in it and regained more audio but channel 4 slider doesn't affect it.
        • July 14, 2020
      • Lost channel 4
        KevinMaxwell I don't think that test is valid. Plug a TRS cable in it because it disconnects the existing circuit and then short together the Tip and the Ring. If you have a TRS cable to 2 RCA male jacks you can just touch the tips of the L and R RCA jacks together. Don't use that kind of cable to try and feed a stereo input into it.
        • July 15, 2020
    • User5000
      Dale_M It sounds like a genuine fault on the PCB, it would probably be advised create a support ticket and organise a repair with us.
      • July 15, 2020
      • Lost channel 4
        User5000 Where on the pcb and what do you think it is. I will be repairing this myself.
        • July 15, 2020
  • TomShields
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-07-13
    I use my X32 racks (two - one as the mixer and the other as a stagebox) in my garage studio for project work. Currently I have two primary scenes set up depending on what we're doing. One scene is used for rehearsal and initial track recording. The routing in this scene, among other stuff, provides the musicians with multichannel monitoring via P-16Ms. The second scene is used for re-tracking and overdubbing. In this scene the master output from the DAW is routed to CHs 1/2 of the P-16M, and that is all; levels for individual instruments are controlled by the engineer within the DAW software. This all works really well and it takes almost no time to switch scenes. HOWEVER: maintaining the same settings for HA gain, channel EQ/dynamics, etc., between these two scenes is a PITA. What I'd like to be able to do is to simply swap the routing configuration within a single scene. Snippet? I've tried but can't figure it out. Cues? Same deal - can't get my head around it. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    read more...
    0 76
    • TomShields
      TvR Hello Tom,

A solution could be to select in your SCENE screen the options on the side under SCENE SAFES. If you want everything in the same state as the previous scene, except the I/O routing (if i am correct) you will need to select everything except I/O routing.

Only I/O routing will be recalled and the rest stays as it is.

Hope this helps
      • July 13, 2020
      • X32 Rack:  Switching Routing Within A Scene?
        TomShields Thim - Thanks. Yes, I would only want the routing to change, everything else should remain in the same state. I was also thinking about using scene safes. I'll try that.
        • July 13, 2020
    • TomShields
      gregorywayne1dr Hello, need some HELP #1, I bought the Behringer x2222USB Premium 22 input mixer.
      It says I get free software?, Anyone no how I download this it’s called (XT2.5 music software.
      • July 13, 2020
        TomShields Greg, you should start a new thread for your topic.
        • July 13, 2020
    • TomShields
      TomShields I've tried as Thim suggested. Not working. I guess I don't understand how scene safes work because I am getting very weird results.
      • July 13, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Tom, safes don't always (if ever) work the way you expect. That is why I rarely use them. Since you only want to change routing, why not create routing presets in the Library, Routing? Another option (which is my preference) is to create snippets with just the routing included. You can do that by exporting scenes (with the desired routings) to files, then load them into X32 Scene Parser and parse out the desired routing sections. https://sourceforge.net/projects/x32sceneparser/
        • July 13, 2020
        TomShields Thank you, Paul. I'll try both suggestions. Would "mixer safes" fare any better than "scene safes?"
        • July 13, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto When it comes to safes, your guess is as good as any, since they are not documented. Snippets on the hand are just OSC commands that have been extensively documented by Patrick-Gilles Maillott. The only time (lately) that I've used safes was for a 4 day local fair event, where I had an MC (wireless) mic I didn't want to change during scene changes - and that worked.
        • July 13, 2020
        TomShields Cool, thanks.
        • July 14, 2020
    • TomShields
      TomShields Paul, I attempted to create a routing preset with the Library, no success.

I downloaded your most excellent X32 Scene Parser and am not succeeding there, either. When I parse the two scenes from which I want to capture the routing info and save them as snippets, loading those snippets into either scene results in no routing changes that I can see. In your app I am simply checking the "Routing" box and all of the parameters contained within it, and unchecking all the other major categories, to create a snippet file.

I suspect that part of the issue in both cases is that I may not be filtering correctly. Also I may not understand how the snippet loading process works.

To further confuse me, the X32 Edit (Windows) software app "Cues" GUI has a double set of cues/scenes/snippets: the ones on the left-hand side reside in my PC somewhere unknown, and the ones on the right correspond with the cues/scenes/snippets in the X32 Rack screen for Scenes. And there seems to be no way to get those two sets of cues/scenes/snippets to be transferred back and forth from one set to the other. It could be that some of the GUI is non-functioning and vestigial from an early design concept that was never implemented.

Long story made short: Help! I can post both scenes with further explanation if that would help. Thanks!
      • July 17, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Hi Tom, sounds like you have a routing safe on, which is restricting the loading of the routing via preset or snippet. Check the Mixer Safes screen (in X32-Edit), or Console, Routing in the Snippet screen on console. Also for the Library, Routing make sure you select all Recall Scope (opposite of safes).
        • July 17, 2020
        TomShields OK, will try.
        • July 17, 2020
  • WDuester
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-07-13
    I want to create a snippet that just saves mute group settings and it doesn't seem like that is possible. I don't want to select individual channels because the MUTE settings, although changed by the snippet, don't update the mute group status. This is very annoying because I want to set up a snippet to change my sub woofer send level, change my multiband compressor threshold and change the status of two mute groups. The sub woofer send level and multiband compressor threshold is easy enough to get it to work but where are the mute group statuses recorded in a snippet?
    read more...
    0 214
    • WDuester
      RexBeckett The OSC command for Mute Group status is /config/mute/n state where n is the group (1..6) and state is ON or OFF. ON means that the group is muted. e.g.

/config/mute/1 ON
      /config/mute/6 OFF
      • July 13, 2020
    • WDuester
      WDuester Thanks Rex. I was more interested as to which of the snippet selection prameters the mute group status lives under. Here is a screen shot from m32 edit.
      • July 13, 2020
      • Midas M32 - Where are the mute group settings 'stored' in a snippet?
        Paul_Vannatto Actually they are selected using the Groups Param. Filter. But that also includes the DCAs as well. If you need just mute groups, you will need to edit the snippet file (exported) with a text editor (as Rex suggested) to remove the unwanted DCA's, then import that modifed scene file back into the snippet list. The advantage of using Scene Parser is that a scene can be exported to a file, loaded into Scene Parser, parsed with desired filters, then fine tuned in the Results editor to make the snippet do exactly what you want, no more, no less.
        • ·
        • July 13, 2020
        WDuester Thanks Paul. When I tried using the Groups Param Filter in the snippet, the mute groups did not respond at all. I will explore editing the snippet file in a text editor.
        • July 13, 2020
    • WDuester
      RexBeckett I have never found a combination of Snippet filters that captures the Mute Group status. I just add the OSC commands to Snippets using a text editor. Alternatively, you could use Paul Vannatto's X32 Scene Parser to build Snippets from Scenes. See: https://sourceforge.net/projects/x32sceneparser/ The problem with this approach is that the Mute Group status in Scene files is a block command for all six groups rather than a command for each one.
      • July 13, 2020
        WDuester Just out of curiosity, what other software tools do you guys use to help automate things on the m32 or m32 edit? I find that the platform is lacking in the ability to create macro's to help automate things. I've experimented with xfade (for automating fade outs and fade in of channels) but I haven't found anything that can tie all the 'needs' together: Needs being -smooth fade in/fade out, mute group activation/deactivation, fader position on certain channels, start recording, stop recording etc .... The m32 is a nice piece of kit but is still lacking for automated show control.
        • July 13, 2020
        RexBeckett Take a look at some of Patrick Maillot's X32 tools here: https://sites.google.com/site/patrickmaillot/x32 Paul also has created several excellent tools. See: https://sourceforge.net/u/pvannatto/profile/
        • July 13, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Hi Waldy, as Rex mentioned Patrick has lots of various tools that he has developed for the X32/M32 consoles. He also wrote the X32 OSC Protocol document that has become the developers OSC bible. One thing to note is that the OSC protocol (mother tongue of the X32/M32) uses absolute values and is not time related. Therefore scenes and snippets are point-in-time absolute settings of the console. I developed Live Toolbox to enhance the capabilities of snippets in a new snippet-like function called tidbits (snippets on steroids). These include time-based commands such as fade, xfade, etc. and relative commands such as increase, decrease, etc.
        • July 13, 2020
        -mjk- I use X32ReaperAutoMate for mixing with full automation. It's Patrick's latest creation. https://x32ram.com/
        • July 14, 2020
    • WDuester
      WDuester Thanks Rex and Paul. I have not explored editing snippet files in a text editor.
      • July 13, 2020
  • Hector0432
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-13
    Last week, when I turned on the X32-Mix compact, the screen it wasn’t on ; The mixer still work but I cannot see nothing in the screen someone know ,how can I fix. Thank you
    0 431
    • Hector0432
      john0121 Hi Hector0432, Sorry to see the problem with your X32. If the screen is unable to show any data then it is going to require a service repair. Please submit a case to the care team through the support button at the top of the screen and a member of the team for your region will be in touch to arrange this with you.
      • July 12, 2020
    • Hector0432
      Hector0432 ????, thank you John, I gonna do today
      • July 13, 2020
    • Hector0432
      Hector0432 Thank you John, I gonna do today,
      • July 13, 2020
  • MusicallySavage
    Regular Contributor - Level 1
    2020-07-12
    Hi Tribe, After about a year my XR-18 developed a powering on issue. I might say I noticed it more when the unit is cold. (Like 0-5 Celsius as Australia is not a particularly cold place) Flip the power switch and nothing. Wiggled cables, different cables, cleaning terminals etc... have been tried. When this happens I simply leave it switched on for a few minutes and it happily greets me a few minutes later. Obviously it needs it's coffee or something. (I wondered whether there's an overheat safety switch that's playing up) Any similar experiences or thought? Cheers, Luke
    read more...
    0 73
    • MusicallySavage
      RexBeckett I have a distant memory of someone reporting a similar problem on the old forum. They had issues when using an XR18 for outdoor events in cold weather. It may not be a hardware fault as the specification shows the operating temperature range as 5-40 Celsius.
      • July 12, 2020
    • MusicallySavage
      jeffguitardavis We are seeing this issue as well. Worked great for over three months - no problem. Rehearsal last night? Did not power on - even after waiting for several minutes. Was there any explanation/solution for this problem?
      • Oct 26
  • CHAMPSOUND
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-11
    1. Fader scroll up and down automatically without touching. 2. The screen changes itself without touching it. 3. When i press the setup button the device will 4. Sometime i push the screen but nothing happened My mixer the last version firmware 1.07
    read more...
    0 2,380
    • CHAMPSOUND
      GaryHiggins Sounds like "Ghost Screen" issue. You should setup a CARE ticket (use Support up top) to get it replaced.
      • July 11, 2020
      • The Touch screen of Behringer Wing Have a problem
        CHAMPSOUND Thank you for a suggestion
        • July 11, 2020
    • CHAMPSOUND
      lenfinalt Having the same issue...
      • September 10, 2020
        GaryHiggins You can verify by doing the test. Hold down Home and Meters keys and power on. A test will start, run it for an hour without touching it. You should get no events. I got over 100...mine needs repair.
        • September 10, 2020
        lenfinalt Thank you. Mine got several, too... Explains the issues. Even sources got muted from the channel home page during live events...
        • September 11, 2020
        MikeDrennan Gary, unfortunately this appears to be a fairly big problem for Behringer. I can confirm that my screen also suffers from ghost touches and it’s getting worse.
        • October 2, 2020
        mikedones Gary, last night while recording tracks for the "virtual" Christmas event , the screen kept jumping to shut off and flashing back and forth from home to set up page (random blinks) But once I restarted it it went away and work well for another 2 hours. Is this the same thing Ghost screen?
        • December 8, 2020
    • CHAMPSOUND
      silasrose I've got the same issue, screen jumps about and all the side button are unresponsive and channels random muting. Great ! 3 weeks old......
      • January 26, 2021
        GaryHiggins Unfortunate common issue. Mine was fixed and now is fine, took around 3 weeks to be fixed and get back. I'm hearing it is way quicker in some areas however I would plan for the long haul and hopefully get a nice surprise. Create a care ticket from Support up top here. Take a screenshot of your touchscreen test results to send in with it. You might ask your dealer to replace it (some will no problem) however a new mixer could also have the same issue.Some dealers will pre test the replacement to make sure it's ok. Good luck. Hope you get relief. It's not a fun thing for sure but it will get fixed.
        • January 26, 2021
Go to page