Statistics

207,647 members
79,744 posts
  • mgallop
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-12

Last Sunday, I used one mixer in our drive in church and the other for our later inside service.  All worked just fine.  This Sunday, I couldn't get the headphone out to work on either one.  I'm not as tech savvy as most of you (mortgage guy who volunteered to learn so we could facillitate services).  However, logical progression causes me to think there must be something in the common Microsoft pad we use to control both of the mixers.  Has anyone experienced this, or have any idea where in XAir software there might be a setting I accidentally missed?  Awesome mixers that have allowed a simpleton to operate, but this stumped me.

read more...
    0 11
    • mgallop
      RexBeckett The most common cause of this type of problem is an inadvertent change to the monitor configuration. There are two places to check: Using X-Air Edit, check that the In/Out -> Main Out page has the Phones output routed from the Monitor bus; Check on the Setup -> Monitor page that the Monitor Source is set correctly.
      • October 12, 2020
    • mgallop
      mgallop Thanks...I will make a special trip tomorrow to check this out.
      • October 12, 2020
  • Tone13
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-12

Hi all,

Firstly, I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to USB Audio devices. I come from broadcast TV background (not sound) and am setting up a live stream using an XR18 going into a PC via USB.

Ideally, if possible, I would like to have 6-10 of the XR18 inputs via the XLR's and be able to mix these to send the mix to the PC running vMix. At the same time, I would like to send the XR18 6 USB sources from the PC to send to the AUX outputs. If I try to do this, when selecting the option to use USB returns, the mixing function of the XLR input channels gets disabled and I can only control the USB's. I understand that this may be a linitation of USB Audio devices but is it possible to have track 1-8's faders controlling XLR inputs 1-8 and then tracks 12-18 Faders controlling the USB return channels 1-18? 

If not, can I maintain mix functions of tracks 1-8 and lose control of the USB returns, just routing their audio to the AUX's whithout fader/mixing functions?

Cheers

read more...
    1 14
    • Tone13
      RexBeckett Hi Anthony, you can set each channel's source separately so some can be from the XLR inputs and some from USB Returns. Using X-Air Edit, this can be done on each channel's Input tab. Using the drop-down boxes, you can also choose which Analogue Input or USB Return feeds the channel. They do not have to be the same as the channel number. These settings are saved in both Scenes and Snapshots.
      • October 12, 2020
    • Tone13
      Tone13 Thanks Rex, of course! Bit of a facepalm moment on my part there. I was pressing on the USB return preset which basically disabled my ability to interact with the XLR inputs on the mixer. Yep, selecting each individually like what you have shown, is what I should be doing. Thanks again!
      • October 13, 2020
  • Mike7300
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-11

What would be the best way to use a click track with the X32 rack? I hear it's helpful to have a click track but never used before so starting from scratch here.  Thanks 

0 13
    • Mike7300
      DaveMorrison If you want the click in your IEMs, then simply un-assign the channel with the click from the LR bus. Then you can add it to the monitors and not have it in the mains.
      • October 11, 2020
    • Mike7300
      DavidKnighton Hello Mike Reinstein,
      The first thing you'll need to do is get a digital metronome or find a compatible DAW with a built in metronome function. Most scenarios I see, artists will usually using some form of backing tracks and click track in conjunction, but they will keep them separated because you'll want to leave the click out of the Main LR as Dave Morrison suggested. I know Logic Pro X has a metronome feature, and Pro Tools as well. Most of the popular DAWs will have them, but it's just a matter of checking before you buy. If you prefer the digital metronome option, you'll just plug it in to the mixer like any other instrument.
      • October 13, 2020
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300 Great thanks guys!
      • October 13, 2020
  • JordanNash
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-11

Hello all.

The curent X-Touch firmware package ("X-TOUCH Firmware V 1.15 - (January 2016)"), contains two helpful documents, X_TOUCH_X-LIVE-Layout-fw3.08.png ("X TOUCH Layout for Midas M32/Behringer X32 Mixers with X-LIVE"), which shows the X-Touch layout for the X-32, and X-TOUCH_Firmware_1.15.pdf, which explains "X-TOUCH Remote Control of X AIR Mixers".

Does anyone know of an equivalent document that thoroughly explains using the full size X-Touch controller with the X32 Rack in XCTL mode? I expect that most of the concepts should translate from the X Air to the X32, but a document that is specific to the X32 system would be helpful.

read more...
    0 23
  • mikedones
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-11

Muting on Wing doesn't mute in Midas DP48. My musicians hear the singes mics even though theyr'e muted. Also they hear me cueing video audio or background tracks while muted. My Wing has 1.07.2 firmware. I'm running in ears through the midas dp48 via direct cat6 run.

read more...
    0 46
    • mikedones
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Mike, what do you have assigned to the Wing's AES50 outputs that feed the DP48? I would assume that those assignments are the sources (eg. AES50 inputs, etc.) and not the channel strip outputs. That is why the channel mutes have no effect to the signals coming to the DP48. If you do need that functionality, you will need to assign the respective channels to User Signals, then assign those User Signals to the AES50 outputs.
      • October 11, 2020
      • Muting on Wing doesn't mute in Midas DP48
        mikedones Hi Paul, yes in my case AES50C (cat6 feed for the dp48) is being fed by local in source group (wireless mics) and video audio sound booth audio is being fed by Aux in source group. So in order to get mute functionality so band don't hear on the dp 48s I have to route to User signal source group? Ok but how do I get how do I get the aux ins in there? Sorry kind of confused , but I am game
        • October 11, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Hi Mike, let me give you an example. Channel 1 source is Local In 1 and you want it to go to AES50 C1 for the DP48.
        - Go to the Routing section and select User Signals screen (left pulldown)
        - Unlock and press the Source (on right side)
        - Select Channels in right pulldown and press the Channel 1 (to assign it to User Signal 1) and press the Post tap
        - Select Outputs (top right)
        - Select AES50 C in left pulldown.
        - Unlock and Select User Signals in right pulldown
        - Select User Signal 1 to assign it to AES50 C1
        • October 11, 2020
        mikedones YES! I did it. And I understand how it works. It,s kind of like sticking a patch panel in between thanks Paul V you are number1.
        • October 11, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Glad to hear that you got it to work. Another simpler option is to not assign those inputs to the AES50 C, particularly if they have no desire to hear those inputs.
        • October 11, 2020
  • andrewk1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-11

Hi there,

Quick question about the x32 midi implementation.  Is there a midi code for the mixers talback function - to remotly control the button on the panel via a midi command?

Many thanks,

Andrew.

0 9
    • andrewk1
      Paul_Vannatto Can your midi device send sysex strings? If so, you can enable/disable the talkback A (or B) using the OSC command /-stat/talk/A (or /-stat/talk/B). To generate the Sysex Osc string, use the SysexOscGen app (https://sourceforge.net/projects/sysexoscgen/). The results would be:

OSC: /-stat/talk/A ON
      F0 00 20 32 32 2F 2D 73 74 61 74 2F 74 61 6C 6B 2F 41 20 4F 4E F7

OSC: /-stat/talk/A OFF
      F0 00 20 32 32 2F 2D 73 74 61 74 2F 74 61 6C 6B 2F 41 20 4F 46 46 F7

OSC: /-stat/talk/B ON
      F0 00 20 32 32 2F 2D 73 74 61 74 2F 74 61 6C 6B 2F 42 20 4F 4E F7

OSC: /-stat/talk/B OFF
      F0 00 20 32 32 2F 2D 73 74 61 74 2F 74 61 6C 6B 2F 42 20 4F 46 46 F7
      • October 11, 2020
      • X32 Midi question
        andrewk1 Thanks for the speedy response. I believe my midi-controller does sysex strings - it's a MIDI Solutions foot controller - so I will give this a try. Thank you.
        • October 11, 2020
      • X32 Midi question
        KevinMaxwell http://midisolutions.com/prodfsw.htm it has to be programed to do what you want to do. See the link.
        • October 11, 2020
  • BobbySadler
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-10-11

I like the custom view feature for User 1 & User 2 with X32-Edit.. but they don't save with the scenes.. am I missing something?

0 40
    • BobbySadler
      Paul_Vannatto Yes that is correct. The custom view is not saved in scenes because the custom view is specific to the X32-Edit app. Scenes save settings that are console related only. You will need to save the custom view as a bank, by first selecting the Mixer tab at the top, then press the Save button in the left column.
      • October 11, 2020
      • User 1 & User 2 Custom Views in X32-Edit don't save with Scene
        BobbySadler excellent.. thank you again Paul!
        • October 11, 2020
    • BobbySadler
      BobbySadler awesome to learn about saving and loading Banks.. I never used before now..

here's another X32-Edit related question Paul:

on the Show Control window where all the Scenes, Snippets, Cues etc live there's the left side for the PC and the right side for the Mixer.. right so far?
      so is there a way to Copy/Paste (Scenes/Snippets/etc) from Mixer to PC?
      • October 11, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Hey Bobby, scenes can be transferred by loading the scene then switching to the PC Scene screen and saving. Cues and snippets can't be done this way unfortunately. The best way to transfer cues and snippets is by exporting to a USB stick on the console (using the Utility button), then importing into the app. Exporting and importing a show will transfer all cues, scenes and snippets.

I prefer to develop my cues, scenes and snippets on my laptop using X32-Edit, Scene Parser and/or Show Manager, then transfer what I need to the console via USB stick.
        • October 12, 2020
        BobbySadler thanks again.. that worked.
        • October 12, 2020
  • Andrewtylerbennett
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-10

Brand new MR18 will not connect to any devices via hardwire Ethernet. Have tried all IP options on the console, multiple computers, with and without a router with no luck. The remote switch on the console is in the correct position. Built in AP works fine, but is not the desired control method.

read more...
    0 25
    • Andrewtylerbennett
      RexBeckett Hello Andrew, here are a few tips:

Changes made on the X-AIR Edit Setup -> LAN page are only applied if there is an open network connection to the mixer (shown on the top of the app window). So you need to connect using the AP to change the network settings. Make sure to click the APPLY button to set the new configuration.

For a direct connection to a PC, the LAN Mode should normally be DHCP Server. You need to specify an appropriate IP Address (e.g. 192.168.1.1) and Subnet Mask (e.g. 255.255.255.0). Leave Gateway as 0.0.0.0.

For connection through a router, the LAN Mode should normally be DHCP. The other network settings are not required.

When you have changed the LAN settings, move the MR18's network switch from Access Point to Wifi Client and wait ten seconds before setting it to Ethernet.
      • October 11, 2020
    • Andrewtylerbennett
      GaryHiggins Did you try setting everything up for your lan and wireless settings while connected in ap mode? You need to actually be connected to the mixer to set ip's and subnets etc. Once they are are correctly set for your situation THEN change the mixer switch to the desired position. (sorry Rex, didn't see your reply)
      • October 11, 2020
    • Andrewtylerbennett
      DavidKnighton Hello Andrew Bennett,
      When setting up the LAN function, ensure you are doing this from a computer and not a tablet. Things tend to work well with DHCP, but often a static IP address is helpful.
      • October 13, 2020
  • Rabble36
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-10

The powered right channel of my Europower PMP5000 isnt working. I have the Amp Mode set as Main L - Main R. Any thoughts or is it blown?

1 7
    • Rabble36
      Dale_M Hi Rich, how do you have your inputs plugged in? Also stupid question but is the audio panned over to the left in error?
      • October 12, 2020
  • AnthonieHunter
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-10-10

New features:
    - variable scrolling speed for spectrograph
    - Library AES50
    - DP48 remote support for stereo link & talkback messages
    - improved transmission of DP48 messages through stageboxes and hubs

Improvements:
    - Channel
    - bring pan back to center when unlinking (if +-100)
    - X-Live-Card:
    - show warning when SD card is close to maximum capacity (10min / 1min remaining)
    - showing protected SD card state
    - better backup progress bar
    - showing naming prompt when exporting a scene to USB
    - better support when importing a CustomBootState as a scene
    - CustomBootState can now be auto-loaded without a confirm dialog (append _NoPopUp to the filename)
    - hold and scroll on snippets/safes
    - added name prompt when exporting to USB

Bug fixes:
    - HA gain control not updating digital trim when using User-Banks
    - Fixed long Session-Name display
    - Fixed show import/export popup text redrawing
    - checking User-Blocks param safe and scene safe when loading an old scene

read more...
    1 155
    • AnthonieHunter
      Rabble36 The powered right channel of my Europower PMP5000 isnt working. I have the Amp Mode set as Main L - Main R. Any thoughts or is it blown?
      • October 10, 2020
    • AnthonieHunter
      Rabble36 Sorry...I meant to start a new discussion
      • October 10, 2020
    • AnthonieHunter
      GaryHiggins Thanks Anthonie, had no idea there was new firmware (fwiw, I liked it better when software and firmware were separate folders)
      • October 11, 2020
Go to page