Statistics

208,443 members
80,641 posts
  • BobbySadler
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-10-11

I like the custom view feature for User 1 & User 2 with X32-Edit.. but they don't save with the scenes.. am I missing something?

0 41
    • BobbySadler
      Paul_Vannatto Yes that is correct. The custom view is not saved in scenes because the custom view is specific to the X32-Edit app. Scenes save settings that are console related only. You will need to save the custom view as a bank, by first selecting the Mixer tab at the top, then press the Save button in the left column.
      • October 11, 2020
      • User 1 & User 2 Custom Views in X32-Edit don't save with Scene
        BobbySadler excellent.. thank you again Paul!
        • October 11, 2020
    • BobbySadler
      BobbySadler awesome to learn about saving and loading Banks.. I never used before now..

here's another X32-Edit related question Paul:

on the Show Control window where all the Scenes, Snippets, Cues etc live there's the left side for the PC and the right side for the Mixer.. right so far?
      so is there a way to Copy/Paste (Scenes/Snippets/etc) from Mixer to PC?
      • October 11, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Hey Bobby, scenes can be transferred by loading the scene then switching to the PC Scene screen and saving. Cues and snippets can't be done this way unfortunately. The best way to transfer cues and snippets is by exporting to a USB stick on the console (using the Utility button), then importing into the app. Exporting and importing a show will transfer all cues, scenes and snippets.

I prefer to develop my cues, scenes and snippets on my laptop using X32-Edit, Scene Parser and/or Show Manager, then transfer what I need to the console via USB stick.
        • October 12, 2020
        BobbySadler thanks again.. that worked.
        • October 12, 2020
  • Andrewtylerbennett
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-10

Brand new MR18 will not connect to any devices via hardwire Ethernet. Have tried all IP options on the console, multiple computers, with and without a router with no luck. The remote switch on the console is in the correct position. Built in AP works fine, but is not the desired control method.

read more...
    0 25
    • Andrewtylerbennett
      RexBeckett Hello Andrew, here are a few tips:

Changes made on the X-AIR Edit Setup -> LAN page are only applied if there is an open network connection to the mixer (shown on the top of the app window). So you need to connect using the AP to change the network settings. Make sure to click the APPLY button to set the new configuration.

For a direct connection to a PC, the LAN Mode should normally be DHCP Server. You need to specify an appropriate IP Address (e.g. 192.168.1.1) and Subnet Mask (e.g. 255.255.255.0). Leave Gateway as 0.0.0.0.

For connection through a router, the LAN Mode should normally be DHCP. The other network settings are not required.

When you have changed the LAN settings, move the MR18's network switch from Access Point to Wifi Client and wait ten seconds before setting it to Ethernet.
      • October 11, 2020
    • Andrewtylerbennett
      GaryHiggins Did you try setting everything up for your lan and wireless settings while connected in ap mode? You need to actually be connected to the mixer to set ip's and subnets etc. Once they are are correctly set for your situation THEN change the mixer switch to the desired position. (sorry Rex, didn't see your reply)
      • October 11, 2020
    • Andrewtylerbennett
      DavidKnighton Hello Andrew Bennett,
      When setting up the LAN function, ensure you are doing this from a computer and not a tablet. Things tend to work well with DHCP, but often a static IP address is helpful.
      • October 13, 2020
  • Rabble36
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-10

The powered right channel of my Europower PMP5000 isnt working. I have the Amp Mode set as Main L - Main R. Any thoughts or is it blown?

1 7
    • Rabble36
      Dale_M Hi Rich, how do you have your inputs plugged in? Also stupid question but is the audio panned over to the left in error?
      • October 12, 2020
  • AnthonieHunter
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-10-10

New features:
    - variable scrolling speed for spectrograph
    - Library AES50
    - DP48 remote support for stereo link & talkback messages
    - improved transmission of DP48 messages through stageboxes and hubs

Improvements:
    - Channel
    - bring pan back to center when unlinking (if +-100)
    - X-Live-Card:
    - show warning when SD card is close to maximum capacity (10min / 1min remaining)
    - showing protected SD card state
    - better backup progress bar
    - showing naming prompt when exporting a scene to USB
    - better support when importing a CustomBootState as a scene
    - CustomBootState can now be auto-loaded without a confirm dialog (append _NoPopUp to the filename)
    - hold and scroll on snippets/safes
    - added name prompt when exporting to USB

Bug fixes:
    - HA gain control not updating digital trim when using User-Banks
    - Fixed long Session-Name display
    - Fixed show import/export popup text redrawing
    - checking User-Blocks param safe and scene safe when loading an old scene

read more...
    1 159
    • AnthonieHunter
      Rabble36 The powered right channel of my Europower PMP5000 isnt working. I have the Amp Mode set as Main L - Main R. Any thoughts or is it blown?
      • October 10, 2020
    • AnthonieHunter
      Rabble36 Sorry...I meant to start a new discussion
      • October 10, 2020
    • AnthonieHunter
      GaryHiggins Thanks Anthonie, had no idea there was new firmware (fwiw, I liked it better when software and firmware were separate folders)
      • October 11, 2020
  • FilipeNunes
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-10-10
    Olá.
    alguém tem o mapa dos canais midi da x32 para controlo remoto usando a pedaleira behringer fcb1010
    para fazer mute já tenho e esta a trabalhar bem encontrei isto que ajudou muito
    so me falta parametros para o tap delay

Findings
    So in all my findings of the X32 MIDI implementation of the CC MIDI events for v2 of the firmware onwards:
    • MIDI channel 1 is fader information, 0..127
    • MIDI channel 2 is mute/unmute. 0-63 is off (unmute), 64-127 is on (mute). This can be a gotcha with inverting it so be aware.
    • MIDI channel 3 is pan (0 full left, 127 full right)
    Each control maps as the following:
    • 0 Ch 1 … 31 Ch 32
    • 32 Aux 1 … 39 Aux 8
    • 40 Fx 1 L, 41 Fx 1 R
    • 42 Fx 2 L, 43 Fx 2 R
    • 44 Fx 3 L, 45 Fx 3 R
    • 46 Fx 4 L, 47 Fx 4 R
    • 48 Bus 1 … 63 Bus 16
    • 64 Matrix 1 … 69 Matrix 6
    • 70 LR
    • 71 M/C
    • 72 DCA 1 … 79 DCA 8
    • 80 Mute Group 1 … 85 Mute Group 6
    For example, to mute bus 16, I’d send CC 63 with a value of 127 on MIDI channel 2

falta é programar o tap delay mas nao encontro em lado nenhum os parâmetros
    alguém pode ajudar por favor
    read more...
    0 27
    • FilipeNunes
      Paul_Vannatto The X32 midi implementation is fully documented in Patrick's X32 Protocol doc (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Snbwx3m6us6L1qeP1_pD6s8hbJpIpD0a/view) on pages 137-140 and the sysex OSC string is on page 141.

The midi protocol is actually a secondary protocol in the X32. The primary protocol is OSC. Neither protocol has a tap tempo as a direct command. Therefore the timing between button pushes has to be averaged and calculated into milliseconds. Then that values has to be sent to the X32 using the sysex text string using the /fx/[1-4]/par/1 (or /fx/[1-4]/par/2 for the stereo delay) to change the time value of the FX ([1-4] is the slot number, see page 87). We have been successful in using an arduino with a button to accomplish this. If you want the arduino code, we can provide that.
      • October 11, 2020
    • FilipeNunes
      FilipeNunes o meu interece é por midi fazer atuar os buttons de 5 a 12
      será isto possível??
      • October 12, 2020
  • robi
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-10-10

Can anyone help me to find the XR-18 MIDI Sysex OSC command reference ?
    Thank you
    Roberto

0 22
  • MrCaster
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-10

Hey all... my GO XLR seems to be having troubleshoot errors righ tout of the box.... this isnt ideal for a streamer and iwas wondering if anyone had any solutions... I have already tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it. Ive tried pretty much everything..... any solutions? there is also a red blinking light in the device itself... any help would be very much appreciated! 

P.S. I was really hoping to not have to send it back in becuase ive already had to return another package because they got my order wrong! AGAIN any help would be so very appreciated! 

read more...
    0 17
  • Mike7300
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-09

Hi - someone suggested this to set gain on channels but I'm not sure where the PFL button is.

As for your individual inputs (like your vocal mic), you can do this:

1. Turn your main mixer fader(s) all the way down (you won't need any mixer output for what we are about to do
    2. Press the "PFL" button for your microphone channel
    3. Sing loudly into the mic
    4. Adjust the channel gain until the mixer VU gain reaches the low to mid portion of the yellow
    5. Depress the "PFL" button.
    6. You're done!

read more...
    0 27
    • Mike7300
      Paul_Vannatto What mixer are you using?
      • October 9, 2020
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300 X32 Rack
      • October 9, 2020
      • Setting gain on channels
        Paul_Vannatto The channel meters are already PFL. So no need of a PFL button. Just ignore those steps
        • October 9, 2020
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300 What should be the correlation between the channel level and gain level to optimize performance? Currently to reach low yellow for volume level bar I have mic channel level set at 0dbu and Gain at +40dbu
      • October 9, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto I would say there is no correlation. Set the gain so that the channel meter is bouncing in the yellow. Adjust the channel fader for the desired mix of all of the channels combined. I typically start with channel faders around -5 db, then adjust to the overall mix of the group.
        • October 9, 2020
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300 Ok got it and just to be clear that’s -5dbu right
      • October 9, 2020
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300 After plugging in subs to the X32 Rack is there any setting I should change? . For instance with my surround system for tv i I set the main front speakers as “small” instead of “large” since I have subs. Is there something similar I would need to do with the mixer?
      • October 9, 2020
        DaveMorrison Possibly. It depends on your cabinets. The general idea is to keep the low frequency out of the Main cabs, and the Mids and highs out of the subs. You subs may already have a crossover built in. If they don't you can filter out the highs with the built in "crossover filters" on the LR, M/C, and matrix busses. For a Low Pass filter, select the top band and use one of the BU, BS, or LR filters. The number is the roll-off per octave (in dB). If your Main cabs don't have a built-in setting to filter the low frequencies, you can setup a High-Pass filter to give you more clarity and more apparent power. Choose the low band with a BU, BS, or LR filter and set the cut-off somewhere in the range of 80-120 Hz.
        • October 9, 2020
  • adamsfc
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-09

On the x32rack can you rename a recorded session file? How can that be done. This would be a no brainer as to make it useful for live preformance.

0 5
  • TedRackley
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-09

Hi all,

Our band just got an X32 Rack. I set all send/busses to IN/LC so that when I have a mute group that mutes all input channels going to the main PA musicians can still hear themselves to warm up, set up their in ear levels, etc. 

It worked well for a few days, but we did a gig last night where we had another sound guy who was going to listen to our FOH mix, so I saved our scene to the next scene to give him a mix to play with that wouldn't affect our soundchecked preset scene. But then the mutes on the channels killed our bus/sends. I went back to our original scene and we still have the same issue. 

I tried changing/toggling the sends taps to every other setting to try get it to come back to mutes not affecting the sends, but it won't do it. 

This muting issue affects the busses going to the analog outputs as well as mix busses assigned to certain P16m channels. One thing that is weird is that when muted, any channels assigned as direct outs to P16m Ultranet channels can still be heard when muted. 

I think I found a bug, and it's frustrating. Has anyone else had this issue?  Any ideas for a fix?

read more...
    0 76
    • TedRackley
      GaryHiggins I don't know if it's a bug exactly but it is how the mutes work. The fix is to use dca mutes. Make a dcc group that includes all ch's and mute that dca. All FOH/main l/r ch's will get muted but not your monitor buses. Make sure dca mutes is NOT checked in the mute system setup checkboxes section.
      • October 9, 2020
    • TedRackley
      TedRackley Hmmm. I don't think it's supposed to work that way, but I'll try that as a workaround. If the mutes are supposed to kill the sends, why is there an IN/LC tap and an IN/LC + M tap?
      • October 9, 2020
      • X32 Rack, channel  mute is affecting send/bus
        GaryHiggins It's worked like that all along afaik. I think we are talking apples and oranges here. Only the staging menus have the tap points like that for routing. (outputs 1-16, aux out and ultra net out)
        • October 9, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto What Gary is saying is correct. The channel mute affecting the sends is by design. I tried back in 2013 to get them to change that. But there were reasons why it couldn't be changed (don't exactly remember the reasons). The +M taps are for the staging menus only as Gary mentioned.
        • October 9, 2020
    • TedRackley
      TedRackley What is a staging menu? And why was it working before and now isn't working?
      • October 9, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Gary explained the staging menus in the Routing section. These include the Out 1-16, Aux Out and Ultranet screens. If you have always sent channel signals to mixbuses, then outputted those mixbuses to physical outputs, then channel muting will always affect those sends. If you had something working before, then I would suspect there was some routing changes.
        • October 9, 2020
    • TedRackley
      TedRackley https://dbbaudio.com/2017/x32-output-tap/ According to this article, Drew Brashler says: What is +M for?
      The +M stands for with mutes enabled. “IN/LC, PreEQ, PostEQ, and PreFdr” are taps that are not affected by the mute button due to those being placed before the fader in the signal flow. So, Behringer & Midas decided to add the +M to allow any of these taps to be muted.
      • October 9, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto He is correct. But these taps are output taps (Routing, Out 1-16, Aux Out and Ultranet), not channel sends taps. Channel sends taps are found on the channels' sends screen and do not have these +M designation. That is because these are all post channel strip mutes.
        • ·
        • October 10, 2020
    • TedRackley
      TedRackley Thanks, Paul! I get it now. I believe that when I had input channels muted, I was still hearing direct channel outputs only on my P16m (which are not affected by input channel mutes) and not MixBus channels on my P16m (where I have a keyboard/synth group, background vox mics group, guitars group, etc.), and thought I was hearing everything. I had to make groups of things because we use 38 inputs, but only have 16 channels on the P16m's. I'll check it out on the gig tonight. If I mute a DCA, is that the same as just pulling the DCA fader all the way down? I.e. it won't mute the channels, so the sends will still work, but it will take those channels in the DCA group all the way down, i.e. out of the mains?
      • October 10, 2020
Go to page