Statistics

196,510 members
67,112 posts
  • 2020-07-23

I want to try using my MR18 as my interface to get audio into Logic Pro X on my MacBook Pro. It's been a while since I recorded anything, and I discovered by accident that my old hardware... a Digidesign 003 Rack and an Avid Eleven Rack... are not recognized by macOS Catalina, and Avid seems to have no intention of fixing it. I mention that for the benefit of others who may have that hardware, and have been scratching their heads wondering why they no longer work.

Anyway, does anyone have any advice about getting the MR18 up and running with Logic? My MBP sees the MR18 as the input and output device (whereas it no longer sees the 003 or Eleven). Is the MR18 completely controlled by Logic; i.e., are its settings in the M-Air-Edit app completely transparent when using it as in interface for Logic? So, for instance... gain, EQ, faders, whatever... anything I may have set in the M-Air app... are all those settings still in place when I use the MR18 to get into Logic? Is there anything I have to do in M-Air-Edit to turn 100% control over to Logic? Thanks much...

read more...
    0 34
    • David Stackhouse
      Rex Beckett The only way for Logic to control the MR18 is via Midi. Normally you would configure and control the MR18 using the MAir Edit app. Logic would see it as an eighteen channel bidirectional audio interface. By default, the MR18 USB Sends would come directly from the preamps so would not be affected by EQ, faders, etc. You can change this, of course,
      • Jul 23
    • David Stackhouse
      Dave Morrison You can control a few parameters via MIDI. If you want channel levels, pans, or scene recalls, Logic can do it. In the studio, I don't. Live, it's handy to have Logic bump up channels levels for solos. I prefer to use a mixer in the studio rather than (or in addition to) an audio interface because I don't get any latency in my monitoring path—the mixer handles that.
      • Jul 23
      • MR18 with Logic Pro X (b/c 003 Rack and Eleven are no longer supported in Catalina)
        David Stackhouse Great tips, Dave... thanks for your input!
        • Jul 24
  • 2020-07-23

Hi, i'd like to know if my X touch controlling the mr18 can be sync with a screen with m air and follow my actions. For ex. If i go to the eq. section with the controller the eq should appear also on the screen not only on the controller lcd

0 28
    • Simone Molla
      Rex Beckett Individual controls will be reflect changes but MAir Edit will not switch screens/tabs as a result of X-Touch operations.
      • Jul 23
    • Simone Molla
      Bart Van Damme There is a solution for this problem. See this video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MuNb3Zs19Cw Originally designed for Raspberry Pi, but works on Mac and Windows also. More info on www.lumisoft.be
      • Jul 23
      • Sync with xtouch
        Luuk van Kuipers Hi Bart, does it work both ways? When I change the settings on the pc, will the X-touch follows??
        • Jul 26
      • Sync with xtouch
        Bart Van Damme It depends on what settings. e.g. if you change a fader level, the corresponding fader on the X-Touch will move.But if you click on the eq tab in X-Air-Edit, the X-Touch will not jump to the eq section.
        What my program does is capture the communication from the X-Touch to the Mixer and when it discovers something that should imply a screen change, it simulates a mouseclick.
        • Jul 26
  • 2020-07-23

Need to order an Behringer full size X 32 Main PCB

0 6
    • Noel Fraticelli
      John Matthews Hi Noel, if you click the support button at the top of the page you can create a support ticket and set the type to "Spare parts". Fill this out and the team will be able to tell you the best way to get one in your region.
      • Jul 22
  • 2020-07-23

Hello... it's been a while since I've been in this forum, and obviously there have been some changes. A while back, as in, maybe a couple of years ago, I posted some questions/started some discussions, and the info contained in those threads was of great value to me. Are all those old discussions lost??? I checked my profile and tried searching for them but to no avail! Can anyone tell me how to find or retrieve them? Thanks!!

read more...
    0 18
    • David Stackhouse
      Paul Vannatto Hi David,

Welcome back. They have changed the forum engine once again and have promised to port over all of the past posts (eventually). So far most of my posts have either not been ported or the search engine doesn't work (or a combination of both). So I feel the same pain...
      • Jul 22
      • Discussions disappeared
        David Stackhouse Thanks, Paul... I remember you being very helpful at the time... much appreciated. Sounds like this hurts you a LOT more than it does me... I hope they get it done soon. It had been a while since I used my MR18 and one thing I forgot is that there's a TERRIBLE idiotic glitch in the unit where, by default, it does a LOUD power cycle on startup... scared the living crap out of me and my son!
        • Jul 22
        Paul Vannatto That doesn't sound good. There is a "Mute output at power cycle" setting in the Setup, Audio/Midi screen. Try that. It will mean that you will have to unmute after it is on.
        • ·
        • Jul 22
        David Stackhouse Thanks, Paul... yes, I remembered that feature and activated it afterwards. I had initialized the unit prior, which reset that feature to its unmuted default setting, and when the sound sent me almost sent me an my kid through our ceiling I cursed myself for forgetting about it. I don't understand why it's necessary... it's the only mixer I've ever encountered that does it.
        • Jul 23
    • David Stackhouse
      David Knighton Hello David. As is common practice with most PA systems, always allow your console a chance to boot before powering your amps/loudspeakers in order to avoid pops, or in the case of the MR18, a loud laser beam effect.
      • Jul 23
        David Stackhouse David, thank you for your reply. I don't want to seem ungrateful or argumentative, but I've operated PA systems for 40 years, and worked with dozens of consoles, and this is the first and only mixer I've ever used that makes such a sound.
        • Jul 23
        Paul Vannatto Hey David, just a thought. Check your FX returns to make sure you are not sending back to the FX buses, creating a loop (which is easy to do by accident). That might be a source of the loud noise.
        • Jul 23
        David Stackhouse And a good thought, but no, that's not it... the noise was definitely the power cycle. It happens within, what, maybe the first 10 seconds after I power up the MR18. It lasts for a split second, sounds like a laser blast, and it's LOUD as hell, and then it's over.
        • Jul 23
        - mjk - Great point.
        • Jul 23
  • 2020-07-22

Hi,

This is my first post here. 

I'm doing very basic recordings (voice, guitar, bass...) and I've just ordered a XR 12 : it will be monitored via X Air Edit for mac.

I have opened X Air Edit and a few (a lot of ?) things don't talk to me at all. I could find here in this community and on the net, a lot of specific answer to very sharp questions, but I would like to find a manual covering the whole use of X Air Edit. If it exists.

Thank you for your help.

read more...
    0 42
    • Patrick Libois
      Rex Beckett On the XR12 product page here on the right of the page, click on Documentation. The Manual, English has a section that covers the basics of XAir Edit. It isn't a comprehensive guide but there are also many tutorials on YouTube.
      • Jul 22
      • X Air Edit Manual
        Patrick Libois Thanks Rex. This is what I can begin to work with.
        • Jul 22
    • Patrick Libois
      Dave Morrison While X-Air-Edit is great for learning and preparing scenes offline, not everything works until it's connected to a console. The manual is probably not up-to-date. The X18, XR18, X16, X12, MR18 (Midas), and MR12 are the same operating system so any manual will work and any video tutorial will be applicable. The Midas manuals tend to be more current. Feel free to ask a question here, as our collective knowledge is current.
      • Jul 22
      • X Air Edit Manual
        Patrick Libois Thank you Dave. I try the Midas too. When I receive the X12, I will certainly be back here.
        • Jul 22
  • 2020-07-22

I needs it

0 17
  • 2020-07-21

Recently updated my goxlr driver, but now I can't hear any audio from my PC into my headphones, the interface works, both digitally and physically, I can hear my mic inside the goxlr, but any videos, music programs, etc I can't hear in my headphones. What can I do to fix this?

read more...
    0 22
    • Johanna Kiser
      Alexander Lane I suspect you just need to select the GoXLR as the active audio device, click on the sound icon in system tray, click on the text above the volume slider and select it.
      • Jul 22
  • 2020-07-21

I cannot hear the multiprocessor effects through the headphones on my xenyx x1204usb mixer. I have tried all configurations that come to mind.  Can anyone help me?

0 14
    • Richard Garcia
      Rex Beckett Which output are you using for your headphones? Can you attach photos of the mixer showing all the controls and connections the way that you have it set up?
      • Jul 22
  • 2020-07-21

I want to update the X32 Firmware but I am afraid I will loose all settings on the board. Can anyone confirm if I will loose everything or not? Also if so how do I back up the board and reload the backup? It says to backup the board before updating the firmware but I cant find how to back it up.

read more...
    0 204
    • chuck Eskridge
      Paul Vannatto The best way to backup the X32 (prior to firmware 4.x) is to export your show to a show package (on USB stick). Then go to the Setup section and make note of your settings on the global, config and network screens.
      • Jul 21
    • chuck Eskridge
      David Knighton Hello bobcatchuck. If you're upgrading to version 4 firmware from version 3 or version 2, then you will most likely purge your current settings. There are many changes to the operating system, most notably in the ROUTING section. You should always have a backup of your show files and scenes, regardless of whether you're updating the firmware.
      • Jul 23
    • chuck Eskridge
      Mihail Adrian Mercan Sd card inside on the console is full and is blocked.
      I try to upgrade firmware On x32 from 4.00 to 4.02 and ghe sdcard bootloader 120 Mb is full and blocked all the console.
      • Aug 27
  • 2020-07-21

I think most mixers allow you to mute a channel in an Aux bus independent of the main mix.  The MR18 seems to have it's mutes coupled together.  When the mute button is used in either the main or aux busses (with the exception of the master slider of either), it carries that change through all of the buses.  Is there anyway to decouple this feature and have independent control of the mute function?  I understand that muting on the main mix layer should carry through to all aux mixes.  But sometimes, we need to mute a channel on an aux bus without having it mute the same channel on the main bus.  Suggestions? Thanks!

read more...
    0 18
    • Karl Marzolf
      Paul Vannatto No, there is no way of "decoupling" the mute feature. But there is a workaround. Assign a DCA to the various channels and mute the DCA. As long as the channel sends (to buses) taps are not post fader or subgroup, the DCA mutes will not affect the sends to the buses.
      • Jul 21
Go to page