Statistics

207,652 members
79,749 posts
  • Chungmen
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-02

Hi everybody,

I am using a Behringer XR18 for our band. I connected a headphone to the headphone output connector. Every channel is heard. I use X AIR Edit on a Windows 10 pc and also on a iPad Air 2. Everything works fine. We also used the XR18 in a live performance.

The only thing that does not seem to work is: pushing on the solo button (per channel) to listen only to that channel. The meters on the mon/solo bus are moving and still every channel is heard on the headphone. It doesn't matter which channel or bus configuration I choose (PFL of AFL).

After 'initialize mixer' on ipad to go back to factory setting, solo listening is working. But then I loose al my setting.

What do I wrong?

Firware 1.17 / X AIR Edit v1.5

read more...
    0 104
    • Chungmen
      RexBeckett Using XAir Edit, open the In/Out -> Main Out tab. Check that Monitor is selected as the source for Phones. This is the default and how it will be set after initialization. Your scene may have it set to Main LR.
      • October 2, 2020
      • Solobus on XR18 does work, but listen to 1 channel with the solo button does not.
        Chungmen That could be it. I will try it tomorrow. Thanks for your response.
        • October 2, 2020
      • Solobus on XR18 does work, but listen to 1 channel with the solo button does not.
        Chungmen Hi Rex, it works. The solution was simple. Great such a fast response. Many thanks.
        • ·
        • October 2, 2020
  • SpirosPatras
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-10-02

Hello everybody. This is Spyros Patras from Athens - Greece.

I have a problem in my XR18 Behringer digital mixer. The problem is that: Most of time i have no sound in the left main channel. Other times i have a very low signal in the left (The right is in 100% and the left in the 15%).

I opened the mixer to find any problem i can see with my eyes (some friend who had the same problem told me that he opened the mixer and put again a cable tape in it's place and it was okay again) but with no luck.

I am working with the left main channel taken from the AUX6 until today but i want to find a solution because i need all my 6 Auxilliary buses again. I tried everything from the X-air edit application such as routing etc.

Do you have any opinion about this ?

Thank you for your time.

Spyros

read more...
    0 98
    • SpirosPatras
      Paul_Vannatto In the photo provided, there is nothing connected to the Main L output. So if you are having issues with Main L, you are using something else, making it a routing issue. Please use X-Air Edit (Windows, Mac, linux or Raspberry Pi) to export your scene to a file, save it in the cloud (eg. Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.) and post a shareable link. That way we can have a look and better advise.
      • October 2, 2020
  • AlexNL
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-10-01

hi guys,

I have placed a ticket in your system but unsure if anyone is monitoring this....

can you check and revert?

regards, Alex Kempkes

0 10
    • AlexNL
      leah Hello Alex,

Apologize for the delay, I will have our parts team reach out to you shortly. Please check for a response to your case in your email inbox.

Thanks!
      • October 1, 2020
  • WITELITE
    Regular Contributor - Level 1
    2020-10-01

I am taking a copy of the Mix and sending it to a video feed using a matrix bus. I notice that what sounds good in a live ambience situation is a little flat with the direct feed. I'm intrigued by the external FX slot and sending it to software that can provide some mastering   or effects processing prior to feeding to the video. (IK Multimedia's MIXBox in particular looks intriguing as it can operate outside of a DAW with little latency.

My question is what do you guys do for this situation and if you are going outside the WING using a standalone software processing situation, do you guys have any recommendations?

THanks

MM

read more...
    0 10
    • WITELITE
      Paul_Vannatto I wouldn't bother trying to add ambience via external processing. What you are hearing is the ambience of the venue - ie. reflection of the surroundings. You can add that either by using one or more ambient mic(s) or add a desired reverb using one of the excellent Wing reverb engines.
      • October 1, 2020
    • WITELITE
      CraigFowler As Paul said, typically the live mix is built around stagewash, the idiosyncrasies of the PA, crowd noise, and room acoustics; when the stagewash, PA, crowd noise, and room acoustics and live mix are all added together it sounds good. When you listen to the live mix by itself (especially through a pair of headphones,) you're missing 4/5ths of the things that contributed to making that mix sound the way it did.

If you want to get the live mix sounding good again, you need to add those missing elements back in. Ambience mics (for both stage and crowd) are a good start. If you've got some spare buses you could use them for things that aren't up very much in the live mix because they're loud on stage (drums, gtr amps,) and mix them back in to the vision matrix (so the matrix is livemix + more drums.) Typically the vision mix will lack energy\thump, because the livemix involves subwoofers, and people listening to the vision mix don't have them. A cheap and nasty way to address this is to boost the bottom end of the vision mix, either via eq or a sub-harmonic synth.

However IMO the best solution is use ambience mics, and to have an entirely separate vision mix using a spare stereo bus on the console, (possibly with channels duplicated) ideally mixed by someone isolated from the live room.
      • October 1, 2020
    • WITELITE
      WITELITE Thanks guys. Good feedback and appreciated.
      • October 2, 2020
  • JackDemeis
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-10-01

X32 Rack with the latest firmware and apps. I was mixing a gig last weekend and we had 2 out of 26 channels we could not control the volume of in one of the IEM mixes (Mix bus 9).  We had control over 24 of the 26 input channels and two of the 26 channels were too loud in the IEM and we had no control over the two channels. When we turned down the sends for the two problem channels there was no change in the IEM (Mixed Bus 9).

read more...
    0 26
    • JackDemeis
      RexBeckett Check the problem channels Sends tab to see which signal tap is selected.
      • October 1, 2020
      • Input Channel - no volume control into Mixbus
        JackDemeis Thanks Rex, they're Pre Fader just like the other 24 working channels.
        • October 1, 2020
    • JackDemeis
      Paul_Vannatto Possibly you have a parallel signal path for each of those 2 channels. For example if it is channel 12 that you cannot control, that signal might also be assigned to channel 24 and also sent to mixbus 9.
      • October 1, 2020
        JackDemeis Thanks Paul, if you're referring to the "Source" on the "Config" tab for the problem channels they are not duplicated. Also, there were a total of 9 monitor mixes and none of the other mixes had the issue. Real head scratcher. j
        • October 1, 2020
        JackDemeis Could it be a routing issue or routing set-up issue? I'm using "User Out" and Mix bus 9 is one of them.
        • October 1, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto If the X32 Rack is being transported, how do you know for sure that there isn't a duplicate source assignment? The reason I ask is that I had a headscratcher with similar scenario and it was indeed a duplicate source assignment (on one of the Aux channels) that somehow (Murphy's Law) got incorrectly assigned.
        • October 1, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Regarding a routing issue, I have my doubts. Physical outputs can only be assigned one signal at a time.
        • October 1, 2020
    • JackDemeis
      RexBeckett If you save your current scene, upload it to Google Drive (or similar) and post the link, we can check for configuration issues.
      • October 1, 2020
    • JackDemeis
      JackDemeis Rex, I have a scene saved, would it be stored on the PC and/or in the X32? If only in the X32 Rack, it's being transported and I don't have access to it at the moment. j
      • October 1, 2020
        RexBeckett X32 Edit can save scenes on a PC and also on the console. If you are not certain that you have the current X32 scene on your PC, it would be better to save the current console settings as a new file or on a USB stick.
        • October 2, 2020
  • BrockMoller
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-01

I am trying to route the talkbalk mic from the Wing to the Power Play on stage in ear monitor system via channel 16. 

I have a Mic plugged in physically to local channel 1 on the mixer.

I have Channel 1 pointed to Channel 40.

This works fine, and if I select "Main 1" on the output I can control the TB just fine. As such, it obviously works up to this point.

I have the Power Play set up as the last 16 channels in routing, and I can run any of the channels from the AES50 into those channels and it works just fine.  So, for example, I can assign the Bass from channel 17 on the AES50 to channel 15 on the Power Play and they get the Bass on Channel 15 of their power play.

When I assign channel 40 (talkbalk) to Channel 16 on the Power Play, they get nothing.

To note, on the Talkbalk setup, I am not assigning a Bus or a Main - only selecting Channel 40 (I've also tried Aux 8) as the TB.  The Wing limits you to Channel 40 or Aux 8, so it makes sense that local channel 1 point to channel 40 on the AES50, then that channel 40 points to input 16 of the Power Play.

Any ideas? Thanks so much!

read more...
    0 17
    • BrockMoller
      GaryHiggins Hi is this a P16-M? aes50 33-48 should be the correct p16 ch's and aes50 ch 48 should have your talkback assignment, is that what you are did? Ch 40 (I think) assigned to aes50 ch 48?
      • October 1, 2020
    • BrockMoller
      BrockMoller yes - this may be my problem. AES50 33-48 is the P16 channels, so P16 channel 1 is AES 33, 2 is 34, etc. so P16 channel 16 is AES50 Channel 48. I thought setting the TB to Aux 8 would solve that problem, so I did, and assigned Aux 8 to 48 of the AES50 (Channel 16 of the P16) and still nothing. If I hit Main 1 on TB settings out though, I still get TB through the mains and the TB button controls Aux 8 and not channel 40. So it seems that whatever I select just isn't working. I do believe it is routed properly.
      • October 1, 2020
    • BrockMoller
      BrockMoller In short yes - what you wrote is exactly what I've done
      • October 1, 2020
    • BrockMoller
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Brock, I think you are mixing up terminology, which is creating some confusion. What I think you mean is that you connected your mic to input 1 on the back of the Wing. This is referred to Local 1 (LCL 1). This was assigned as a source to channel (strip) 40. The talkback is assigned to 40 (chan 40). If that is all correct, what you need to do is to assign the chan 40 to a User signal (Routing input section), then assign that User signal to the AES50 output 48. The reason for this is that you have to have your mic go through channel 40 and the resulting output has to be routed to the AES50 48. That can only be done using the User signal.
      • October 1, 2020
      • Behringer Wing - trying to route Talkbalk A through channel 16 on Behringer Power Play 16
        mfettara Thanks for that Paul, I was having the same issue that I circumvented by sending the TB to the "Vocals" Mix Bus going to the P16-Ms. Will try this setup as well.
        • December 29, 2020
      • Behringer Wing - trying to route Talkbalk A through channel 16 on Behringer Power Play 16
        BrockMoller Hi Paul, thanks for the reply. I’m getting lost in the routing. Any chance you’d be willing to give me a step by step on how to do this? I’m close, I think, but just can’t quite seem to get it! Thank you so much!
        • Jan 3
        Paul_Vannatto Hi Brock, it has been awhile since your initial post and I had to go back and have a look at what the issue was. Here is how I would setup the talkback to go to the P16 chan 16.
        * Connect the mic to Local 1 XLR input.
        * Assign Local 1 input to channel 40 strip
        * Press the View button of the talkback section (top left corner of the Wing) and assign chan 40 to the talkback section.
        * Press the Routing, then User Signal and assign channel 40 (post fader) to User Signal 24 (last one).
        * Select the AES50 (A, B or C depending on which one is connected to the stagebox that feeds the P16) and assign the User Signal 24 to the AES50 chan 48. The stagebox uses the AES50 channels 33-48 to feed the Ultranet output, thus AES50 48 will become P16 chan 16.
        • Jan 3
  • Soundwordlight
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-01

The X32 Air is not staying connected to the iPad.  Does anyone have ideas on how to fix?

The distance from the X32 Air and the iPad is less than 10 feet, but the iPad looses connection often.  

0 9
    • Soundwordlight
      RexBeckett This can happen when a tablet or smartphone tries to connect to another Wifi network in an attempt to access the Internet. It can help to forget any nearby Wifi networks to which the tablet/phone has previously connected. I also find it happens less when I connect to the console over a 5GHz Wifi link.
      • October 1, 2020
    • Soundwordlight
      Soundwordlight Thanks. I’ll try that.
      • October 2, 2020
  • MISHEL
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-01

Dear Sir /Madam,

Greetings From Unique Technologies !!!!!!!!

I am writing this letter on  behalf of Unique Technologies  to enquire about the possibility of us becoming a dealer/authorized distributorship to your products in Kinshasa DR Congo (Africa)

We are a  trading company and distributors of CCTV & Surveillance , IT Equipment, Musical Instrument,  (Yamaha, Hikvision, Zkteco  Authorized National Distributor). specific products.

I think your products, especially  Mercury UPS , fit perfectly into our portfolio and could be of great interest to our growing client list.

Maximum 90-95% percent Business orders I give you in DR Congo Location.I have noticed that you don’t have a presence in DR Congo. Constantly increasing. The competition is still low which makes it a perfect time for you to jump in.

To help you decide whether we are a suitable candidate for the dealership .we have enclosed our profile and other needed documents with this letter for your review. We are a team of dedicated professionals who work hard to maintain the sales.

If you are interested in a dealership offer and wish to expand your business to [Kinshasa], then we are more than willing to discuss the terms of such a cooperation.

Kindly review the documents attached with the letter before you make your decision. We will be highly pleased if you choose us as your Distributor in DR Congo . We also have adequate number of employees and infrastructure to support the business.

We are looking forward to working with you.  

Best Regards

Mishel David

(Marketing Head)

Unique Technologies

Tel: +243 825483941
    Mobile/Wechat/whatsapp: +243 900849334
    Android App :uniquetechnologiesu

View Attachment
    read more...
    0 17
    • MISHEL
      Paul_Vannatto Mercury UPS are not manufactured by MusicTribe. The purpose of this community (forum) is to support MusicTribe products only.
      • October 1, 2020
    • MISHEL
      MISHEL Dear Sir /Madam,

Greetings From Unique Technologies !!!!!!!!

I am writing this letter on behalf of Unique Technologies to enquire about the possibility of us becoming a dealer/authorized distributorship to your products in Kinshasa DR Congo (Africa)

We are a trading company and distributors of CCTV & Surveillance , IT Equipment, Musical Instrument, (Yamaha, Hikvision, Zkteco Authorized National Distributor). specific products.

I think your products, especially Professional Mixer , fit perfectly into our portfolio and could be of great interest to our growing client list.

Maximum 90-95% percent Business orders I give you in DR Congo Location.I have noticed that you don’t have a presence in DR Congo. Constantly increasing. The competition is still low which makes it a perfect time for you to jump in.

To help you decide whether we are a suitable candidate for the dealership .we have enclosed our profile and other needed documents with this letter for your review. We are a team of dedicated professionals who work hard to maintain the sales.

If you are interested in a dealership offer and wish to expand your business to [Kinshasa], then we are more than willing to discuss the terms of such a cooperation.

Kindly review the documents attached with the letter before you make your decision. We will be highly pleased if you choose us as your Distributor in DR Congo . We also have adequate number of employees and infrastructure to support the business.

We are looking forward to working with you.

Best Regards

Mishel David

(Marketing Head)

Unique Technologies

Tel: +243 825483941

Mobile/Wechat/whatsapp: +243 900849334

Android App :uniquetechnologiesu
      • October 1, 2020
  • thrillride01
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-01

Hi, I downloaded the X32 edit software from Behringer's download center today and when I tried to connect to my X32 console, it said that my firmware was incompatible and that I should update to the latest version. I am running the 4.2 firmware which is the latest version as far as I know. Someone in another discussion said that there was an X32 Edit 4.1 which matched this firmware, but Behringer's site only has the 3.2 version which is what I downloaded. Can someone help me find the 4.1 download?? Thanks in advance.

read more...
    0 22
    • thrillride01
      thrillride01 Nevermind, solved it myself. There is a tickbox that says "show all versions" on the Behringer download page. Tick the box and the newer versions pop up!
      • September 30, 2020
    • thrillride01
      PedroRodrigues Hi David I was about to said exactly that , I'm glad you find it, if I can help on anything please, we are here to help. Thank you
      • October 1, 2020
  • RichardT_Harris
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-29

Does anybody have any experience with Mixing Station Pro, for Behringer X Air 18?

0 25
    • RichardT_Harris
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Richard, yes many of us use Mixing Station Pro with the X-Air, X32 and Wing consoles. How can we help?
      • September 29, 2020
    • RichardT_Harris
      DavidKnighton Hi Richard Harris,
      Mixing Station is developed by a 3rd party entity. While we do not support it directly, we do endorse it's use with our product. That being said, you'll find many Behringer and Midas users can offer guidance. I would strongly suggest the Mixing Station Users group on Facebook. The great thing about the Facebook platform is that your question is visible to every user on the group who's logged in, so you're sure to get your answer quickly.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/570631653401079
      • September 30, 2020
    • RichardT_Harris
      RichardT_Harris I just started using Mixing Station on a new Samsung tablet. I have the X air 18. I can't find where to save a scene on this app.
      • September 30, 2020
      • Does the music tribe provide support for Mixing Station, used with X Air 18?
        Paul_Vannatto At the top there is a folder icon. Tapping that brings up a popup menu that give 2 options - snapshots and offline scenes. Snapshots are scenes stored in the X Air 18 and offline scenes are scenes stored on the Samsung tablet. For each when it shows the appropriate screen, you can add a snapshot/scene using the + icon (top right). If you already have a snapshot/scene saved, pressing and holding brings up a popup menu with 4 options (Save, Load, Rename, Delete).
        • September 30, 2020
Go to page