Statistics

207,643 members
79,740 posts
  • ElsaObenza
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-29

I am using a Midas 32R. Input 9 seems to be the only working channel when I plug in an SM58. The other working channels are wireless recivers programmed into Inputs 1 and 2. 

0 8
    • ElsaObenza
      GaryHiggins Perhaps you can post your scene/setup using Dropbox or similar, or explain your routing with a bit more detail.
      • September 29, 2020
    • ElsaObenza
      DavidKnighton Hello Elsa Obenza,
      As Gary suggests, if you could drop your current scene in a share folder and provide the link here, then we can investigate any potential routing errors. With the variety of routing options for the M32 consoles, there's a number of ways you can get tripped up if you're not familiar with how to look for them. You can start by checking the HOME/INPUTS tab in ROUTING menu. The LOCAL inputs will be from the rear of the console. AES50 inputs will be from a stage box.
      • September 30, 2020
  • 12Indeed
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-09-29

I figured out how to record audio from my Midas M32 to my DAW(Cakewalk) but now I need help with hearing my recording back through my mixer to my speakers. What do I do? 

0 8
    • 12Indeed
      GaryHiggins What firmware are you using? There are routing assignments based on play/record positions in the routing input section. What you end up wanting for playback is (in most cases) “card” 1-32 in groups of 8 for your playback routing.
      • September 29, 2020
  • Rodri
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-29

Hi,

I'm working with a PC and I want to receive inputs from a Behringer x32, process audio in Studio One 5 pro, but then use another audio interface as the output for the master in Studio One. Basically for streaming and recording at the same time.

I've used the option 32in / 32out but in ends up sending the audio I receive to process back to the 32 inputs on the console, which duplicates the signal on the PA and make it sound like a hard slap back delay. Even if I use 32in / 8out still sending the signal back to 8 inputs on the console and back to the PA.

Is there any way I can setup the console so I can receive 32in but no output to the console at all? I'm sure there must be some routing option I'm missing :)

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

read more...
    0 23
    • Rodri
      GaryHiggins What are you using for input routing on the X32?
      • September 29, 2020
      • X32 How to receive 32 ins and 0 out
        Rodri Would it help if the card out is put to Local 1-8, 9-16, etc. so I can "trick" it. I honeslty don't want to receive that output because I already have what I need (PA sound and 32in for Studio One).

I hope I'm explaining myself....
        • September 30, 2020
        GaryHiggins The card out routing is the ch sources to record from the mixer to your daw, so no that won't help
        • September 30, 2020
        GaryHiggins It well may be you can't use 2 sound cards with the Asio driver model as Paul mentioned the other day. If you use windows divers and another card, Windows can only use so many ch’s, maybe 8, perhaps less these days? That probably isn’t what you wanted.

Using just the x32 there is a way to rout things using aux remap and making all the outputs on the daw use stereo out 1/2. The end result of this is the daw monitor ch's become mixer aux ch 1 and 2 and not ch’s 1-32. You can mix levels eq etc within the daw and hear the results on aux ch 1 and 2. Set aux remap to be “card 1 and 2” Worth a try.
        • September 30, 2020
        Rodri I'll try it and let you know. Thanks Gary!!
        • September 30, 2020
    • Rodri
      Paul_Vannatto The solution to your problem is to switch to linux. Windows only allows access to one soundcard at a time. The X32 drivers is a soundcard.
      • September 29, 2020
        Rodri Actually, if you select Windows Audio > Control Panel you can select which input device (X32) and another output device (audio interface)
        • September 29, 2020
  • jwsandersjr
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-09-29

Bear with me as I set this question up (please!)

Background: I usually do a stereo mix, which seems to be fine for our live stream output. I happened to notice a few days ago that while we have four main amps (left front, right front, left delay rear, right delay rear) it appears that we only have a single cable coming from the back of the board to the amps coming from XLR Out 16. My guess is that our FOH Main is only getting the Right output of the stereo mix. My guess is that I really need a mono out for the FOH Main and leave the stereo mix as is. Being both new and a volunteer, I'm not 100% certain how to accomplish this. I've done some reading of the "X32 DIGITAL MIXER Preliminary User Manual" (pdf from the website) ((not the best guide in my opinion, but it's what I have to work with)) and I believe I know what to do, but not wanting to mess anything up, I thought I'd outline what I think needs to be done and see if someone would validate that approach, or just reply and tell me the correct steps.

My best educated guess is that for each channel I should go to the "Main Bus" section and adjust the "Level" rotary. After all channels are sending to MC, then go to routing tab and select one of the unused XLR outs (say 14) and route MC to that output. Then move the physical cable from XLR 16 to XLR 14. This would  leave XLRs 15 and 16 in their "default" Main LR setting. I suppose alternately, I could change the routing for XLR 16 from Main Array R to Main MC.

Does this seem to make sense? Am I on the right track? Would attaching a scene file or backup help?

Thanks, Jim Sanders

read more...
    0 13
    Caught exception: Specified column "level_id" is not in the row
  • Oliviersiabime
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-28

Good evening i am trying to download the exact software for my x-32 but it seems i cannot get the right link,is it possible for somone to send me the correct link so i can download.

0 20
    • Oliviersiabime
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. The X32 EDIT software for PC and Mac can be found at: https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0ASF

On the right hand side of the page under Product Library>Software

If your X32 is updated to V4 firmware, use V4.1 of Edit. If your X32 is on older firmware, use Edit 3.2

The X32 Edit software is the same for all sizes of the X32.
      • September 28, 2020
  • KellsBells
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-28

I have the latest software 1.5 and FW 1.17.   It seems to have done this after the latest firmware update.   I would like to go back to the old firmware, but there seems to be no way to do that.  I don't have a copy of the original firmware on my computer.

I have used 3 different kinds of USB flash drives.   All don't work.  I have reformatted them to FAT32 FAT16 NTSA.....nothing works.

Any ideas?

read more...
    0 9
    • KellsBells
      john0121 FAT32 is the correct format to use, have you tried formatting using Windows rather than Mac- can help sometimes.

Does the red LED come on when you connect a USB? Are you able to use the recorder interface in the app?
      • September 28, 2020
  • jankoppe1
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-09-28

Hey guys,

your behringer.de domain always felt a bit broken, as it lead to a 404 page, which I think is a bit embarassing. Now you're redirecting to a URL with a completely empty response - https://www.behringer.com/EN/Home.aspx

Behringer.de is effectively completely broken. Is no one from your IT department noticing this stuff? Is that the same people that screwed up the migration to this new community thing?

read more...
    0 9
    • jankoppe1
      john0121 Hi Jan, Sorry about this. I'll report to the IT Team at once so we can get this resolved. Thanks for bringing to our attention.
      • September 27, 2020
    • jankoppe1
      Dale_M Hi Jan, the sites were down this morning but they are back up now sorry for the inconvenience.
      • September 28, 2020
      • Redirect of behringer.de is broken
        jankoppe1 Yep, It's now leading to a 404 page again. At least I get the old, slightly less broken state back.
        • September 28, 2020
  • hdawg0314
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-28

Has behringer released a date for when the Dante expansion card comes out? if i know they will release the card I will buy the wing console. the only reason i have not purchased the wing console is because my venue is operating over dante.  

Thanks!!

read more...
    0 75
    • hdawg0314
      Nigel67 Hi Hunter. All I can say is that we haven't released it yet, but it will be very soon. I am not hiding the date from you, we just do not have a definite release date at present.
      • September 27, 2020
      • Wing Dante Card?!?!
        jankoppe1 Hello Nigel, will that also include the MADI Card? I'm really starting to get angry about this. It's taking way too long for you to release those cards. I gave you the benefit of the doubt when I bough the console at the beginning of the year, but this is really a let down.
        • September 27, 2020
    • hdawg0314
      JeffBunch I would also like to know when this is going to come to fruition??? We have Dante network in place but can't utilize it because we went from X32 to Wing! Love the console, but HATE we still don't have Dante!!!
      • November 30, 2020
  • GBishop
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-28

Hi i've been trying to set up my XLR Mini but whenever i connest my blue yeti it just makes a loud buzzing noise through my headphones and wont pick up the microphone. ive tried multiple cords and reinstalling softwear to fix this but nothing has worked

read more...
    0 12
    • GBishop
      Nigel67 Hi Gage, do you have another microphone that you can try just to rule it out? Or do you have another piece of equipment that you can try your microphone on to make sure that it is working fine? If so, then it does look as though you have an issue with the XLR mini and please go to the support tab at the top of the page and submit a technical request ticket and we will be able to help you further.
      • September 27, 2020
  • Mike7300
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-27

Hi - hoping someone can help me as I've done research but still can't figure out what I need.

I recently bought an X32 Rack.  Objective is to 1) have a system where I can use the X32 Rack so each member of the band (5 people) can control their own IEMs and can also control PA speaker output with the app if there is no FOH mixer/person 2) also be setup so that if there is a FOH mixer/person we can give control to the sound engineer to run PA output but the band still has control of our own IEMs. Whatever is easiest to use and least amount of connections, even if it's a little more expensive that's fine.  Just having trouble understanding what else I need to purchase and how the hookups will work.  Thank you!

read more...
    0 77
    • Mike7300
      DaveMorrison You could do it with equipment you already have. 8XLR + 6 1/4 inch outputs is 14 separate signals. You need 12? 10 for stereo IEMs and two for LR to send to FOH. You need 10 mix busses for 5 stereo IEM mixes. You should have 12 free—four are for FX returns. You can use Behringer's MX-Q app for the individual monitor mixes or use the highly rated "Mixing Station". You can use Behringer's P1 or P2 headphone amplifiers to feed the earphones. Or you can use five P16 systems or three P48 systems.
      • September 27, 2020
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300 Here’s the breakdown: we have 5 IEM wireless systems (different brands), 4 vocal mic’s (1 is a wireless unit), 1 wireless guitar unit for acoustic guitar to go straight to PA, 2 electric guitars which amps will be mic’d, bass guitar which will be straight using DI, and mics for drums, which not totally sure how many mics we plan to use for drums. And then we will have 2 main speakers and one sub.
      • September 27, 2020
    • Mike7300
      DaveMorrison If you only have 5 Stereo IEMs and the LR and Subs, you still have one extra output. If you you the C (center) Bus for the subs, you still have 12 busses for monitors (+4 for FX). You shouldn't need anythings else. The musicians could run an app on their phones or tablets to control their own stereo mix.
      Adding inputs and outputs the the X32 Rack is as simple as getting a Midas or Behringer stage box, though I don't think you'll need it. They can be a small 8 in/8 out up to a larger 32 in/16 out.
      You may want to run 3 IEM transmitters from the 1/4 inch outs and 2 from the XLR 1-4. Subs (C) could be XLR 6 and LR (mains) would be XLR 7& 8.
      • September 27, 2020
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300 Ok thanks, that is very helpful. Yea I don’t think I’ll need more ins and outs either. What kind of cables do I need to connect X32 to FOH when a FOH mixer and sound engineer is available at a show to control the PA speaker mix? Can it be connected directly? I don’t need a digital snake?
      • September 27, 2020
      • X32 Rackmount Connections
        DaveMorrison It depends on how much control you want to give them. If your band has a sound person, you could just give the house L & R. Most bands will give them all the instruments by splitting the input signals when someone else is mixing. Depending on your onstage volume you could just get an 8 channel transformer isolated mic splitting box/snake (no drums, electric guitar or bass through the PA). Sixteen channels would be better. The ART S8 8-channel Microphone Splitter is a popular choice. Behringer makes the MS8000. You could also use a Behringer S32 (connected via AES50) for sixteen direct outs but a ground loop might cause hum or noise when interconnecting two systems.
        • September 27, 2020
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300 Got it, currently we don’t have a sound person so would give the sound guy full access. So if I wanted everything coming through speakers than I need a 16 channel splitter, and that would be 32 cables needed? Sorry for all the questions, I want to buy a rack but need to figure out how many spaces I need so also trying to see what I need to put in.
      • September 28, 2020
Go to page