Statistics

196,511 members
67,113 posts
  • New
    2020-11-18

any documentation available for the sub settings in each preset ?

and how to do a maaster reset after settings are changed ?

0 6
    • MICHEL TURCOTTE
      Paul Vannatto For your first question, try pages 14-15 of the QX1832USB manual. For the second question I don't believe it saves the customised settings.
      • Nov 17
  • New
    2020-11-17

Hi, someone can give me the CopilotAPP 1.3 directely? Thanks.

I don't want to use the google store!

0 7
  • New
    2020-11-17

Hey folks,

I can't install the WING Copilot app through Google Play. Google thinks that my device isnt compatible with this app.
    I'm using a S9+ with Android 10.

Is this a misconfiguration on my side or is the App just not compatible?
    Is there an APK download somewhere?

Thanks in advance!

Lukas

read more...
    0 9
    • Lukas Jost
      Paul Vannatto Hi Lukas, CoPilot is currently for tablets only. That is probably the compatibility issue.
      • Nov 17
      • Cant install WING Copilot App
        Lukas Jost oh okay i did not know that. Knowing that it makes sense that it is not installable. Thanks
        • Nov 17
  • New
    2020-11-17

Hello,
    I recently upgraded from the XR12 to the XR18. Is there a way to easily record to a USB stick if I use an adapter like this?

Thank you.

0 14
    • Matthew z
      Dave Morrison No. You have to connect it to a host device like a computer, tablet, or phone.
      • Nov 16
    • Matthew z
      Matthew z Ah! That's so dumb! That's one of the best features of the xr12.
      Ok. let's say I record it to a phone. What would be the simplest way to do that?
      • Nov 16
    • Matthew z
      Matthew z I'm just looking to record a simple stereo or even mono. To documents live performances/practices. Don't need multi track necessarily.
      • Nov 16
    • Matthew z
      Dave Morrison Your phone needs to have the ability to use a USB class compliant audio device and your software needs to be able see that driver. iPhones can with the Apple Camera Connection Kit. I don't know with any Android phones. I'm sure other users will give you some ideas.
      The X32 can do both computer connection and flash drive (and SD card) recording. Of course the only model that is even close in size to the XR18 is the X32 Rack.
      • Nov 17
    • Matthew z
      Pedro Rodrigues Hi Matthew z, please be aware that the XR18 allows multitrack recording therefore if you wish to use the USB connection you will have to do it exclusively by connecting to a computer and using a DAW that will allow you to input any kind of track such as stereo or multitrack showing to be more versatile and at the same time providing the user with more tools. Thank you
      • Nov 17
  • New
    2020-11-17

Does an X32 need to be fully powered prior the S16 stage boxes being power up?  In a system of an X32, to S16's, a DBX PA2, wirelss mics, power amps, what is the proper sequence these should start.

I wired in a remote power sequencer and the board began defaulting to an old preset we use without us loading it.  I was wondering if the X32 needs to power up all the way because it is usually still booting up when the other equipment is up.

Currently the start sequence is X32, Wireless mics, stage boxes and PA2, then amps

Thank you

read more...
    0 7
    • Wendy Nall
      Paul Vannatto Hi Wendy, the X32 continually saves current state to an internal memory (every 2 minutes IIRC). When the console starts, it loads the last current state before being turned off.

Regarding boot-up sequence, your current sequence is just fine. Most important is the amps on last, off first.
      • Nov 16
      • Sequence of powering up
        Wendy Nall So for the board to load a scene that is held in the onboard scene memory that we do not use, that scene would have to be loaded prior to shut down, correct? Is there anyway the board would load that as a fail safe if it is still in the powering up phase before the stage boxes come up. My concern was that the board is master to two S16's. Even though the board is first on the remote power sequencer, it is still loading whn the stage boxes come up fully
        • Nov 17
      • Sequence of powering up
        Paul Vannatto For your first question, yes that is correct. Load the desired scene before shutting down (wait a couple of minutes to ensure those settings are stored internally).

Regarding your concern, I don't think it should be an issue. We have an X32 and two S16 setup at my church (since Dec 2012) and our startup sequence is X32, then the front rack (on a sequencer) with wireless receivers, then S16's, then amps. Shutdown is the opposite sequence. During the (almost) 8 years of service, we've only had a couple of incidents that the S16's didn't sync and was due to a firmware issue (which has been corrected).
        • Nov 17
  • New
    2020-11-16

What does it take to speak to someone about becoming an Authorized Service Center for Music Tribe Products?? I have been given the names of people to speak to, such as Esteban Meyer and Joy Schaffer. I have been trying to contact anyone for over a YEAR who would be able to give me a response! The only one that would give me any help was Colton Schaum, who is a parts handler for MusicTribe and he is only able to give so much help.

I see a lot of MusicTribe brands equipment come into my shop. I can either repair them at component level, based on my experience with other brands of similar equipment, or go through the extremely laborious task of trying to order board replacements through your not-so-convenient web portal. 

I would like to have my shop become authorized for repair. It is Myers Cartage and Sound LLC, located in Reeds Spring, MO. We are the only authorized service center for many other brands within a 150-175 mile radius of our location. We receive equipment from other states as well on a regular basis such as :Arkansas, Oklahoma and Kansas just based on our location. 

We are the main service center for the Music Stores in and out of our area: Guitar Center Springfield MO, Palen Music, Springfield Music, Will West Music and others  

We also service many churches, which in my experience, use a variant of the X32 console  

Check out our website: www.myerscartageandsound.com or our Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/myerscartageandsound/

read more...
    0 3
    • Alford Myers
      William Reichling Hello Alfred, I've contacted you via email through the case you created. I will have someone contact you ASAP.
      • Nov 16
  • New
    2020-11-16

WING Firmware UpdateVersion 1.09

The console 1.09 firmware update offers some functional improvements and new features. The highlights of this update are the new Midas Sub Monster Effect and new assignment screens for DCAs and MGRP. Besides a new Tab-View, the routing screens provide new features like indication of all connected AES50 and StageCONNECT devices. This update also offers some UI improvements like PRE-Tap indication on the channel home screen or metering for the WING Live Recorder/Player and some general Bug fixes.

It is sensible to periodically check for new firmware updates. New features and bug fixes will be released regularly. Our development team is eager to react to customer suggestions and to amaze you with improvements and new features. Visit the WING product page on behringer.com to download the latest firmware, install the update and enjoy the full potential of your WING.

This new WING Firmware version contains: New Features

• Quick channel select from touchscreen (touch the channel number in the upper left corner)
    • PRE-Tap indication and setup on channel home screen
    • Midas Sub Monster Effect
    • Optional channel metering for WING Live Recorder/Player• Indication of connected AES50 and StageCONNECT devices (ROUTING)
    • Enable DCAs to control monitor levels (rename DCA to ‘MON A’, ‘MON B’, or ‘MON LVL’ (both))
    • Advanced Source-Scope for channel presets
    • Tap-View for customization, naming and tags
    • Delay for 48V switch (hold for on/off)
    • New DCA/MGRP assignment screen (touch assignment overview)
    • Option to disable jogwheel during playback

Improvements

• New StageCONNECT configuration (ROUTING)
    • Indication of available USB Streams (ROUTING)
    • Fixed issue with fader recall in SoF Mode
    • Fixed low frequency distortion wth SOUL 9000 Gate and EVEN 88 GATE
    • Immediate switch for different USB Audio configurations (No enumeration on boot)
    • Fixed routing enable switch

Update Process:

1. Connect a USB cable to the rear panel USB port and to your computer.
    2. Either hold the blank button on the main display during power-up or open the SETUP/GENERAL Edit page in order to enable WING OS.
    3. A drive icon will appear on your computer, like connecting a flash drive or external hard drive. Double click the drive to open.
    4. Extract the firmware zip file and drag/copy the new firmware file into the WING OS drive.
    5. After copying is completed, please eject the WING OS drive from your computer.
    6. WING should reboot automatically a few seconds after ejecting the drive. If it doesn’t, please power cycle the console, and verify the correct firmware version on the left of the SETUP/GENERAL screen.

Alternative Update from USB Stick:

1. Download any future FW updates from behringer.com and store it on a FAT formatted USB stick.
    2. Connect the USB stick to the top panel USB port of WING.
    3. Open the SETUP/GENERAL page and tap on the UPDATE icon on the left of the screen.
    4. A file browser will appear on the screen, and you can navigate to where the fw update is located.
    5. Select the correct FW update file and tap on UPDATE.
    6. After installing the update is completed, you will be prompted to reboot the console.
    7. The console can be rebooted by power cycling, or by selecting SETUP/SHUTDOWN and holding the SETUP button while pressing the HOME button.
    8. Verify the update was successful by comparing the firmware version on the left of the SETUP/GENERAL screen.

Note, WING will always boot using the most recent firmware in the OS drive. However, it is recommended to delete older firmware files or move them to a subfolder

Download here: https://www.behringer.com/behringer/product?modelCode=P0BV2

read more...
    0 555
  • New
    2020-11-16

Cheers

Hermann Pallasch

0 6
    • Hermann  Pallasch
      Rex Beckett Hi Hermann, as far as I can see there is only the QuickStart Guide at the moment. They have released the Flow Mix app for iOS and Android which has a Demo mode. This can help to understand the features of the Flow 8. Now I just need them to start shipping the hardware!
      • Nov 16
  • New
    2020-11-16

Purchased a new Behringer XR18 and I need some help getting it to work.

X-Air-Edit shows signal on the input and main, but there isn't any audible output from the mains or headphones. I have swapped out equipment -- inputs and outputs, several different pairs of headphones -- and I have followed setup and troubleshooting instructions online. Still no sound. My latest test scene is attached.

Any suggestions?

Thank You!

View Attachment
    read more...
    0 12
    • Aaron Smith
      KevinMaxwell What are you using as the input to test this? Looking at you scene I only see inputs 1 and 2 up and they are taking their input from the 1&2 XLR connectors all of the rest are taking the USB as input. Have you tried bringing up the gain all the way on the channels you are testing to see if there is any noise from the channels being tested??
      • Nov 16
      • XR18 - No Output from Mains or Headphones.
        Aaron Smith Kevin, thanks for the response. In 1&2 XLR, I've tried mics and audio from my iPad. Both show up on X Edit, just no output. I've tried full gain.
        • Nov 16
    • Aaron Smith
      KevinMaxwell I didn't realize that we could attach scenes here again.
      • Nov 16
        Paul Vannatto Only when you start a new thread (discussion). I'm still trying to get the developers to add the attachment and formatting features to the response posts.
        • ·
        • Nov 16
        Rex Beckett It is also possible to attach scenes to mail responses. They arrive as text files but can be saved as .scn files in some browsers or by using a suitable text editor e.g. NotePad++.
        • ·
        • Nov 16
    • Aaron Smith
      Rex Beckett Hi Aaron, I can see from your scene that you should get signal from the Main outputs if you have inputs on channels 1 and/or 2. I see that the Aux channel is configured for input from USB 1/2 playback. You should also get Phones output if you turn-up the Phones knob on the console.

When inputs do you have connected and what is the source?

You beat me to it, Kevin.
      • Nov 16
        Aaron Smith I responded to Kevin's post. Thanks!
        • Nov 16
    • Aaron Smith
      Aaron Smith I submitted a support ticket.
      • Nov 16
  • New
    2020-11-15

Updated to new 1.09 Firmware on the Wing - the DAW options are not available anymore, the menue goes of the screen and the 'full' DAW option can not be accessed any more. So much for testing eh?

If anyone has a work around please could you email me as I will never be able to find this post ever again once I have pressed send.

[email protected]

Thanks

read more...
    0 12
    • Andy Power
      Paul Vannatto Hi Andy,

I had a look at the DAW configuration section in the Wing's Setup and yes the last item in the drop-down list is off the screen. But it can be selectable. It is now called MCU +2X Extender, which selects all sections for DAW control. 

Another option to select this is to use the new Wing Live Toolbox (https://sourceforge.net/projects/wing-live-toolbox/ ) chat tool and send the following command:

/$ctl/daw/config ,s Mstr2Ext
      • Nov 15
    • Andy Power
      Andy Power I’m unable to select it on my Wing? The link you sent doesn’t work...
      • Nov 15
      • Wing 1.09 Firmware faulty
        Paul Vannatto The link didn't work because of this stupid editing of posts (it included the right bracket). I've fixed the link.
        • Nov 15
        Andy Power Hi Paul, what is it? Is it software like the X32 edit? If so does it work on a PC?
        • Nov 15
        Paul Vannatto Which OS are you using? Is it Win10 64 bit?
        • Nov 15
        Paul Vannatto Wing Live Toolbox is a port of the X32 Live Toolbox that I have developed to enhance the capabilities beyond the X32-Edit. It is available for Windows, Mac, linux and Raspberry Pi.
        • Nov 15
    • Andy Power
      Andy Power How can I select the full DAW from my Wing please?
      • Nov 15
        Paul Vannatto In the Setup section, select DAW. The Configuration drop-down has the last option that selects all sections of the Wing. Just press on the very bottom of the touchscreen. Is that what you are wanting?
        • Nov 15
        Andy Power It’s off the screen Paul, it can’t be selected.
        • Nov 15
    • Andy Power
      Andy Power The MCU +2x Extender is not available to select, as it’s off the screen.... so there’s no way I can select it...I have my Wing connected to my DAW via USB , no wireless system involved and no iPad... is my only choice to go back to an earlier firmware?
      • Nov 15
        Paul Vannatto As I mentioned above, Andy, if you touch at the bottom edge of the touchscreen, it will be selected. I've done it numerous times here on my Wing.
        • Nov 15
    • Andy Power
      Andy Power I can’t access it from the bottom or the screen Paul...believe me I have tried, it is not accessible... your screen must be fitted slightly different to mine, as I have no access to it whatsoever
      • Nov 15
        Paul Vannatto Then use the Live Toolbox suggestion and send the command that I provided (using the chat tool). I have added this to the beta bug tracking tool and will be discussing this with the beta team this coming week.
        • Nov 15
        Paul Vannatto Hey Andy, if you don't want to use Live Toolbox, here is another option. I created a modified snapshot that includes just this one parameter. Simply transfer this to a USB stick and insert it into the USB port at the top of the Wing. In the Library section, select the USB (top centre) and load this snapshot. It will change the DAW configuration to the desired MCU +2X Extender.

Since we still don't have the ability to attach files to response posts, here is a link the snapshot on my Google Drive
        https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pA1fDjW_vGkk6vNSfssayiypHswKILva/view?usp=sharing
        • Nov 15
Go to page