Statistics

216,693 members
89,958 posts
  • New
    ralfrottmann
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-22

What is the most simple and "effective" way to limit a microphone (XLR 1) channel?

Background: I'm sending Master 2 into a streaming platform. The platform itself cancels out the incoming signal in case it exceeds a certain threshold. Even with gain and all levels set correctly, sometimes speakers raise their voices to a level, where it gets too loud for the audio interface used for the stream.

In essence, I want to "hard limit" selected XLR channels.

I'm relatively new to digital mixing, so please bear with me if this is a somewhat stupid questions.

read more...
    0 6
    • ralfrottmann
      KyleJohnson Hi there, Kyle here with Music Tribe. You could Insert one of the Limiter plugins onto the channel or the master mix. You could probably also do enough using the built in channel Compressor if you set the Ratio high enough.
      • Feb 22
  • New
    Colliwomple
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-22

Hi Guys

i am desperate. Just updated the Flow 8  to the new firmware. Update was without any problems. But since then i cant connect to the mixer through the Flow 8 App on IOS ! I tried with 2 different phones. Not working ! I am the only one having problems ? Thank you in advance for your help.

Edit: installed the Firmware before (11729) and Bluetooth pairing worked in seconds ! So the new one 11739 does have definitly a problem !! Please look in it a fix it !

read more...
    0 18
    • Colliwomple
      RexBeckett Hi Colliwomple, I had the same problem with the Flow Mix Android app V1.2. I had several tablets that would connect to the mixer running V11729 firmware but none would connect with firmware V11739. When they released Flow Mix app V1.3, I could then connect with firmware V11739.

I am getting much quicker and more reliable Bluetooth connections with Flow Mix 1.3 and V11739.
      • Feb 22
  • New
    greatcoldnorth
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-22

I am a long time Behringer user as fan.   I have owned many many products including Xair, X32 rack, X32-Mix consol and as of late, the new Wing.  
    It took nearly 1.5 months to receive my Wing from the distributor and on the first power up, I noticed the screen ghosting issue.  I ran the trouble shooting routine that was included in the latest firmware update and found the ghost hits nearly 1000 in one hour. 
    given that, I took a picture and logged a warranty claim ticket.  It is now nearly a week since logging the ticket and I've heard nothing as a follow up.  
    That is concerning too me.  The board is awesome but isn't suitable to use live or for recording until this critical issue is fixed. 

I simply want to point out to our friends at Behringer that I do expect better response from their service department.  

read more...
    0 15
    • greatcoldnorth
      GaryHiggins I can’t speak too much on this, I am sure they will respond soon..but I think these repairs are brokered out of the Las Vegas office though and I noticed via ebay that the eBay store site (also in Vegas) is “away till March 6th” Maybe it’s not related but it’s a thought.
      • Feb 22
    • greatcoldnorth
      Paul_Vannatto I take it from your username that you are probably in Canada. They are setting up to do Canadian service in country. I'm not sure why they haven't responded to you by now (check your spam or junk folder). But if they haven't already, they should be in contact with you shortly.
      • Feb 22
    • greatcoldnorth
      KyleJohnson Hi There, Kyle here with Music Tribe. You should have definitely received a response from us by now, what is your case number?
      • Feb 22
      • Wing warranty.
        greatcoldnorth Kyle, I posted to the whole group. Likely shouldn't have done that. Here is my case number: CAS-423638-P4N1S4
        • Feb 22
      • Wing warranty.
        KyleJohnson Thank you, I will look into this and make sure someone gets back to you asap.
        • Feb 22
    • greatcoldnorth
      greatcoldnorth Thanks guys. Paul, yes, Canada and a cold one it seems.
      • Feb 22
      • Wing warranty.
        Paul_Vannatto I'm in southwestern Ontario (near Detroit). So we didn't get the polar vortex like the rest of the country did.
        • ·
        • Feb 22
  • New
    nightmarer
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-02-22

Hello.

I've been trying to setup my Behringer x32 core for bradcasting in Twitch, Zoom, Facebook or whatever, but I'm don't know how to do it.

All the guides I've followed about the rest of x32 devices are useless as they tell you how to do it through the screen menu, which is different to what I have in x-32 edit application.

I'm not able to do it using another way than x32 edit.

When I am selecting the audio device I'm only able to select 1-2 (Behringer X-USB) as input (then I'm just able to send what it is on input 1 or 2), or an output (just the sound comming from any application out of my DAW). Then I'm not able to select what I want to send to the output. In my mixer I don't have a bus which is sent part of the information.

I have attached the scene. How can I do it?

View Attachment
    read more...
    0 7
    • nightmarer
      RexBeckett Hello nightmarer, are you running Windows on your PC? This will limit apps that don't support ASIO to two channels. There are two steps required to set the USB 1/2 output that you require. The attached screenshots are from X32 Edit:

On the Routing -> Out 1-16 tab, select the required source buses in rows 1 and 2. I have shown these as Mixbus 1/2 but they can be any bus.

On the Routing -> Card tab, select Out 1-8 as the source for Card outputs 1-8.

It is not clear from your scene if you are using Out 1-8 for some other purpose. If so, you could use the Ultranet table instead. Select the source buses on Routing -> Ultranet rows 1 and 2. Select Ultranet 1-8 on the Routing -> Card tab for outputs 1-8.
      • Feb 22
      • x32-core for broadcasting
        nightmarer Thank you so much, it totally worked!!
        • ·
        • Feb 22
    • nightmarer
      nightmarer You are a god sent. Thank you so much for this, it totally worked.
      • Feb 22
  • New
    Mike7300
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-21

Hello - my understanding is with the Powerplay 16 that can be directly plugged into the X32 Personal Monitor Jack so I won't need to use mic or line outputs.  Couple questions - if I use that is it only mono rather than stereo? And second how do I assign a mix bus to this?  For example output 1 is assigned to mix bus 1, output 2 to mix bus 2 etc.  But I'm not sure how to assign this one.  Thanks 

Also ignore pic attached it won't seem to let me delete it.

read more...
    0 9
    • Mike7300
      RexBeckett Hi Mike, the Powerplay P16-M can indeed be fed from the X32's Ultranet output. This can carry sixteen separate signals which can be panned as required in the P16-M to produce a stereo mix.

The signals sent through the Ultranet port are specified on the X32 Routing -> Ultranet tab. The signals can be taken from channel taps or any of the buses.
      • Feb 21
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300 Is the cable to connect P16 to X32 just a regular Cat 5?
      • Feb 21
      • X32 Rack with Powerplay 16
        KyleJohnson Hi Mike, Kyle here with Music Tribe. We recommend Shielded Cat5e for Ultranet and AES50 connections.
        • Feb 21
  • New
    RexBeckett
    Superhero - Level 3
    2021-02-21

Following the purchase of a Flow 8 Digital Mixer, I set about learning how it worked – from a user’s perspective. This was done by connecting audio test equipment to the inputs/outputs and observing the effect of each of the controls on the various outputs. The results allowed the creation of an apparent signal paths diagram. The original diagram has been updated to reflect the Flow 8 functionality with firmware V11739. Earlier and later firmware releases may have different signal paths.

The diagram is not part of any official documentation and is just intended to help users understand how the various controls affect the operation of this great little digital mixer.

Edit: Diagram revised to correct pre-fader signal taps in Main and Mon buses. (22 Feb 2021)

View Attachment

read more...
    2 28
  • New
    JeroenPrins
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-21

We have 2 Midas DP48 units in our rehearsal room combined with a Behringer X32 rack. We are very pleased with the soundquality. The problem is when we have a good mix (combined with the acoustic drum bleeding through the headphones) we want to keep it that way for every time we practice. When powering on the DP48 you have to turn de master volumes all the way of and on again. Seeing the volume is very sensitive  (a Millimeter makes A LOT of diffrence). This creates a problem for us. Is there a way to not have to lower the volume before starting or seeing at what level the master volumes are at exactly? Or will this be available in the future?

When the master volume is slightly off the akoustic drum sound will throw off the whole balance of the personal mixes. And the reason we've got personal mixers is to keep the settings the way it is so we have to spend less time on tweaking and more time on playing.

I hope someone has a good solution for us.

read more...
    0 7
    • JeroenPrins
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. Maybe try saving Presets. Take a look at this article from our Knowledge Base. https://community.musictribe.com/pages/kba?articleId=f4d84f6c-7c70-eb11-a812-000d3ac89bd7&brand=Midas
      • Feb 21
    • JeroenPrins
      JeroenPrins ?? You know I am talking about the only knobs on the device you don't save in a preset? The "monitor mix A" and "monitor mix B" volume knobs. The ones you have to turn off to start up the dp48, the only knob that doesn't give a value on screen when turning it. I know how to save presets.
      • Feb 21
    • JeroenPrins
      joshtew I did it the low tech way, cut a small triangle out of a strip of excess yellow label tape and pasted it with the sharp tip pointing to where the knob should be positioned....

Assuming all the instrument gains and group levels remain unchanged from then on, which is quite unlikely so it should still need a little fine adjustment for each session.
      • Feb 21
  • New
    MarkQuinton
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-21

Thanks for picking this up ?appreciate it?

Well im not using a daw. The weird thing is when you run an input source through the mixer ie a cd player or a microphone the input signal on the mains doesnt match up with the source. Microphone input gain is around 0db with no other inputs/Channels active but the mains meter is way over 0db. In many cases nearly even peaking. 

When using the app on an iPad the position of the mains fader is shown to be the same but the mains input signal doesnt match up ?

The app seems to be showing the correct gain and input signal on the mains.

I have recently taken over the Sound division so i have had no previous experience with the x32. Is a real issue when we put a full band through. With all mics and inputs at 0db the Mains meters are almost peaking. 

read more...
    0 11
    • MarkQuinton
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Mark, there can be many things that can affect the signal from input to Main output, such as DCA, buses, compressor makeup gain, etc. If everything in the signal path is set to 0 db, then the input will match the output. The best thing to do is to export your scene (using the Utility button) to a USB stick and save it to the cloud (eg. Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) and provide a shareable link in your next post. That way we can have a look at your setup for signal boost and better advise.
      • Feb 21
      • Too much mains input signal x32
        MarkQuinton As you can see in the picture the mains input signal is a fair bit More than the input source/s. In this case a CD player.
        • Feb 21
    • MarkQuinton
      MarkQuinton Hi Paul. Thanks for the message:)will defo send you a copy of my scene but the problem is still there even without any signal processing or equalisation etc. I have even done a factory reset and still the problem remains. It is the first version of the x32 so maybe there are some known bugs?
      • Feb 21
      • Too much mains input signal x32
        Paul_Vannatto It has nothing to do with the fact that it is the first version of the X32. My church has the first version (installed in Dec 2012) and they have been using it since them without issues. What firmware version is on the X32 (Setup, global, firmware version listed on left side)?
        • Feb 21
  • New
    dseehof
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-20

Hi,

not sure if this is the right place, but I'd like to request the following feature.

With the bus-to-bus sends every works perfectly, but to change the send levels or mute the sends I need to go the multi-touch screen and can't seem to use any of the faders or the custom control knobs and buttons. That would be extremely useful.

Thanks,

Daniel

read more...
    1 10
  • New
    ralfrottmann
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-20

Hi everyone and thanks for taking the time!

I'm completely new to the Behringer WING, just got the console yesterday. It shipped with firmware 1.01. After updating to 1.10.1 most of the screens have changed / improved.

If course I stumbled upon the Behringer Knowledge Base YouTube videos and some of the other obvious resources, but I wonder:

• Is there any resource explaining all the changes from the initial firmware to the most current one?
    • Are there any great learning resources you guys would recommend? (free or commercial, both would be fine)

Thanks again.

read more...
    0 37
Go to page