Statistics

196,270 members
66,832 posts
  • New
    2020-11-13

M32 with firmware 4.03 - how do you tell what scene is loaded?  Early versions of the firmware used to show me this but with recent firmwares that feature seems to have disappeared.

0 5
    • Joel Mcwilliams
      Dr Paine By default, the show view is normally set to 'Cues'. Changing this to scenes will reveal 2 names at the top of the screen so you can see what is loaded. Please see the pictures enclosed. The top text (shown in yellow) is the current loaded scene. While the name under this (In white) shows what you have selected to load next (before hitting the Go button.) Hope this helps.

It's done this way in preferences so you can see which mode your automation is in. i.e. 'Cues', 'Scenes', or 'Snippets'. Changing the modes also coincide with how the 'show control' buttons work
      • Nov 13
  • New
    2020-11-13

Hey all, quick question, we're looking for a back up board to replace our M32 in the event that it fails again as we cannot afford to be down for several months waiting for repair. We have two DL16 Midas stage boxes in place and I figure we can look at another M32, an M32R, an X32 or an X32 Producer as I'm fairly certain that any configuration backups from our current board will work on these other devices. Are there any other devices I should be considering or are these the only ones?

Thanks,

Bill

read more...
    0 2
    • Bill Fleming
      Nigel Turner Hi Bill, you also have the choice of the X32 Compact. If it really is just a back up that you require, and it may be used only a couple of times a year, then you could look at the M32C, X32 Rack or X32 Core, but using these would depend on how secure you would feel about having no faders / knobs infront of you you mixing on a computer or tablet. You are correct though, all scenes/shows, etc are common between each console. I am sorry that you had to wait several months for your board to be repaired. This should not be the case normally.
      • Nov 12
  • New
    2020-11-12

My team & I are trying to use two x32s to have a separate mix for FOH and for a broadcast/live-stream mix. Right now it seems that the second board can read our S16 through the ports by itself, but when both boards are connected to the S16, only one board recieves audio.

read more...
    0 11
    • Tony Boyd
      Paul Vannatto Hi Tony, the AES50 B port of the S16 is for cascading other stageboxes only. If you are using two X32 with an S16 you will need to connect as follows ([A] and [B] are AES50 ports)
      X32 Broadcast [B] <-> [A] X32 FOH [B] <-> [A] S16

To transfer the S16 inputs to the broadcast console, you will need to do that on the X32 FOH, Routing, AES50 A screen. Here is an example
      Outputs 1-8 -> AES50 B1-8
      Outputs 9-16 -> AES50 B9-16
      • Nov 12
  • New
    2020-11-12

A very interesting interview where Patrick talks about OSC, WING and X32 projects he's been involved with.

read more...
    1 77
  • New
    2020-11-12

I watched a youtube video for the x32 on this but I couldn't find any info. on how to do this or if it's possible on the XR18? Thanks!

0 10
    • Greg Warren
      Paul Vannatto Hi Greg, what I do is use mixbus 6 as my aux fed sub. For the channels (eg. kick, bass, etc.) that I send, I change the tap to post fader, and and turn off the LR (on Main screen).
      • Nov 12
      • Aux fed Subwoofers possible on XR18?
        Greg Warren Paul...why turn off the LR? and how?
        • Nov 12
      • Aux fed Subwoofers possible on XR18?
        Paul Vannatto I send the kick, bass, etc. to the sub only. That is why I turn off the LR. Select the channel (eg. Kick), then the Main tab (on X-Air Edit) and click on the LR so that it is gray (not orange).
        • Nov 12
  • New
    2020-11-12

I bought a new Mac and installed Logic X. Now I can't record music from my m32R. My old solution (logic 9 and m32r) was working perfect. Where have I gone wrong? 

0 7
  • New
    2020-11-11

So I'm looking to upgrade the firmware on my ProX, DL231 and Neutron, but I have Dante cards and DN9650 linked up. If I were to upgrade the firmware would there be complications with Dante like a firmware mismatch. My concern is that my board would be out till Dante or Klark Teknik matched their firmwares with Midas. Sorry if this seems like a dumb question but I've had issues like this arise with Dante before and I'd rather avoid these problems in the future. 

read more...
    0 6
    • Evan Grimes
      David Knighton Hello Evan Grimes,
      When it comes to the ProX, Dante card, and 9650, each have different firmware releases. They do not need to be matched in order to work together. The biggest concern would be to ensure the Pro X and Neutron firmware are matched, as well as any stage boxes, as they are form the bulk of the system. The Dante card and 9650 are subsystems which are more or less 1 trick ponies, so there's never a need to release updates to them. I.e. if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Rest assured, you can update the console, dsp, and stageboxes and still maintain functionality with the Dante cards and 9650. We've been on firmware 3.4.6 for quite a while now and no reports of issues with Dante and 9650 that I can speak of.
      • Nov 11
      • upgrading firmware on a ProX with Dante integration
        Evan Grimes Thanks so much!
        • Nov 11
  • New
    2020-11-11

Hi, the wing has proven so far to be a fantastic mixer. However, there are a few things I wish to see in a future update:

1. The capability to control the wing with an x-touch mixer, x32 and xair had those capabilities.
    2. DCA Spill, the capability to spill DCA channel to the left of the console by pressing the select button. DCA spill can vastly improve workflow when a minor adjustment to a channel within the DCA group is needed.
    read more...
    3 9
    • T Joseph
      Leah from Music Tribe Hello T Joseph,

We appreciate the feedback! I'll pass along these suggestions to our development team for review.

Thanks!
      • Nov 11
      • A few updates I will Like to see
        T Joseph Thank you very much. I really hope they are dowable.
        • Nov 11
  • New
    2020-11-10

Is it possible to remote control a XR 12 true a port forwarding in the router?
    Like in example the mixer is on 192.168.1.32 and uses port 3350 and making a rule like incoming port 3350 on main ip is forwarded to 192.168.1.32:3350

If it's possible, can someone tell me which port is used to comunicate with the XR 12?

read more...
    0 7
    • Luuk van Kuipers
      Paul Vannatto Hi Luuk, port 10024 is used for the X-Air family of consoles (including the XR12). There have been others that have remote controlled the X-Air (and X32), with an understand that there will be some latency.
      • Nov 10
      • Remote control XR 12 over internet
        Luuk van Kuipers Thanks Paul for the quick reply.
        • Nov 10
  • New
    2020-11-10

Since the XR18 series are digital mixers, and provide digital output through USB, would be interesting to get AES and/or S/PDIF output as well, by Toslink connector.

In the same way as xxx2496 series from Behringer (DEQ2496, REV2496, etc.)

An AES S/PDIF encoder is a quite small circuit, just a few componenets around the endoder chip. There are plenty of kits and devices to do this job, at very low price.

It could be done externally, converting analog to digital but that is not very elegant...

I wonder if anyone has tryed that.

If we know where to get the digital signal to feed this encoder, it shouldn´t be difficult.

Any ideas??

read more...
    2 14
    • Maximo Martin
      Dale Minaker Checking with the team I am afraid we don't provide schematics or modification instructions (warranty loss) to do what you are suggesting so I am afraid we can't officially advise on this matter.
      • Nov 11
      • Behringer XR18 with AES S/PDIF Toslink Digital output
        Maximo Martin Hi dale, Thank you for your email. Not sure if Design Dept. can provide further advice?? Any suggestion, idea, advice?? Further than this, Is there any chance to submit this as "customer feedback" (Wish list), thinking on future revisions ,or new improved models? Thank you again. B.R. M.Martin
        • Nov 11
Go to page