Statistics

223,463 members
97,657 posts
  • seanmd1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-22

hi, I install my new brant MIDAS 32 R on my pc, I have correctly connect the USB cable and parameters as well. In cubase 11 and studio one when i want changed pilote asio to DN 32 i have the message " no device is connect to pc. It work with Windows 10 recent upgrade. I cannot work with my daw.

Thanks you for your support . Regards Dan

read more...
    0 13
    • seanmd1
      RexBeckett Hi Dan, did you install the correct driver on your PC? The DN32-USB and DN32-Live cards use different drivers. If so, try a different USB cable and/or PC USB port. If possible, use a USB 2.0 port and connect directly, not through a USB hub.
      • Mar 22
  • New
    dgstudio
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-22

Hey guys,

I'm using my MR18 as an audio interface paired with Pro Tools. In Pro Tools, when using hardware inserts in the mixer, it apparently is required to match the number of the output / send channel with the number of the input / return channel. Is this in any way possible with the MR18?

I have now sent the output of one track to channel 9 of the MR18, which is set to "USB input", this channel then sends a signal to Aux 1 which goes to the hardware and the output of the hardware is connected to channel 8 of the MR18, which I then record in Pro Tools. The downside of this, is that I cannot use the insert i/o functionality in Pro Tools which can be really handy if you're also using plug-ins on the channel.

Is there any option deep in the MR18 that can be used to make Pro Tools think that the return signal is also coming from channel 9?

Thanks!

read more...
    0 14
    • dgstudio
      Paul_Vannatto Using M-Air Edit, make sure the the assignments in In/Out USB Returns and USB Sends screens are one-to-one correlated (eg. Chan 1 -> Input 1, Chan 2 -> Input 2, etc.). Then they should line up in the DAW.
      • Mar 22
  • New
    Reussenfels
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-22

Hello,
    I bought a Flow 8 since 2 weeks.
    I have the app installed on my iPhone 6s and on my iPad mini 1. From the iPhone I can connect the app without any problems. With the iPad mini the connection does not work even after countless attempts, although I have also reset the network settings on the iPad.
    Do they have a solution? What can be the reason for this?

read more...
    0 18
    • Reussenfels
      RickStockley I replied, but it went missing. Sorry if this ends up double posting. I also have an iPad Mini 1 that will not connect to the app. The audio BT works fine. I also have an iPad Mini 3 and iPhone 12 that does connect. Thought maybe it was that a Mini 1 doesn't have BLE. But from what I read, all Minis have BT 4.0, which includes BLE.
      • Mar 22
    • Reussenfels
      RickStockley Did a full reset on the iPad Mini 1 (as if it's brand new). Still doesn't work with the Flow 8. Therefore (and unfortunately) I'm going to make the conclusion it will not for some reason. Would be great if someone from Behringer could confirm this, and why. Would also be great that they indicated this in the Apple app store. Still a great mixer, but I've resigned to the fact I'll have to use my iPhone with it (or pry the Mini 3 out of my wife's hands, LOL).
      • Mar 28
  • New
    Perflash123
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-22

XR12 has no pilot light and is not processing any signals.  Serial# S1504259B16  Date Code is 1505

What is the procedure for repair? 

0 12
    • Perflash123
      Nigel67 Hi Perflash123. Please fill in a repair ticket and we will be able to help you further. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. This will open a new window. Scroll down and click on the Service tab and submit a ticket. Manythanks
      • Mar 21
  • New
    OhG
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-03-21

Right now, I'm happy with the way my guitar sounds through the mains. But in my in-ears (Westone 5-drivers) the sound is very muffled. The EQ on my guitar channel on the X32 is completely off. Is there a way that I can turn that EQ on but have it only affect my monitor mix in my ears and NOT the mains? I know i can use the EQ on my monitor bus, but the problem with that is i only want to bring up some high end in my guitar. If I use the monitor EQ mix, it'll add high end to everything that goes through my monitor. 

read more...
    0 15
    • OhG
      RexBeckett Hi OhG, the channel EQ will affect the Main mix as well as sends to monitor mixes. One solution would be to use a spare channel to provide an EQ'd send for your monitor.

Set the channel source to be the same input as the normal guitar channel. Remove this channel from the Main mix by clicking the LR button on its Main tab. Set a send from the new channel to your monitor mix and EQ the channel as required.
      • Mar 21
      • Basic EQ Question for the X32
        OhG Hi Rex, thank you for helping me with this. I’m trying to do the steps you mentioned above now, but I’m not sure I’m doing it right. I’ve assigned an open channel the way you mentioned above and it’s source is the same as my guitar channel. However, when I click on the “sends” tab for this new EQ channel, I’m not sure what it is exactly i should be doing. I see my monitor mix bus labeled, but if i move the faders for that mix up, it makes my mix a little louder. Almost as if it’s layering another channel into my mix as opposed to just altering the EQ. Even if i make DRASTIC changes to the EQ, I’m not hearing any difference if i turn the faders up or down. What am I missing? Should I select “pre-EQ” , “Post-EQ”, “Pre-Fader”, etc? And is there a way to only have it send the EQ to my mix?
        • Mar 23
    • OhG
      RexBeckett It sounds as though there is still a send from the original guitar channel to the monitor mix. Pull this send down and replace it with one from the new, EQ'd guitar channel.

You could use either the Post EQ or Pre Fader signal taps. Both include the EQ stage. The Pre Fader tap also includes any Dynamics. In your new guitar channel, if there is no inserted FX, Gate or Dynamics, either of these taps will give the same result - guitar input with EQ.
      • Mar 23
  • New
    ralfrottmann
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-21

I am wondering whether it's possible to send the USB In (e.g. playback music coming from a PC) to the Mon 1 or Mon 2 Outs.

It appears as if by default it only gets send to the Main mix. There are some related settings in the Routing section of the app.

Unfortunately, as so often, behringers docs are super sparse.

I hope somebody can help.

read more...
    0 40
    • ralfrottmann
      RexBeckett Hi ralf, there are a couple of ways to do this.

You can set USB 1/2 returns as the source for channel 5/6 and then set prefader sends to Mon1 and/or Mon2 mixes.

You can set USB 3/4 returns as the source for channel 7/8 and then set prefader sends to Mon1 and/or Mon2 mixes.

You can route USB 1/2 or 3/4 returns directly to Mon1/Mon2 outputs.

There is a signal flow diagram for the Flow 8 that may help to explain the routing options. Click on Documentation on the right of the product page: https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0DNM
      • Mar 21
    • ralfrottmann
      RexBeckett I saw that you had replied but your post has now vanished. I shall try to answer your questions as I remember them.

You can route USB 1/2 or 3/4 to the Mon1/Mon2 outputs through the Flow Mix app settings or directly on the console using the Outputs menu.

When you route the USB returns directly to the Mon1/Mon2 outputs, they replace the normal Mon1/Mon2 mixes. If you want the Monitor outputs to be a mix of USB Returns with other channels, you will need to route them through channels 5/6 or 7/8 or through the Bluetooth/USB channel.
      • Mar 21
  • New
    HachZall
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-21

I've been using the internal mic and the talkback system has been working just fine for me for over a year now. Today I boot up my board and the entire section seems to have just stopped working completely. Talk A and B both do not respond. I can't even hit the "View" button to look at the settings. Anyone else had this issue and possibly have a fix? Maybe I'm just overlooking something? Thank you.

read more...
    0 13
    • HachZall
      PedroRodrigues Hi HachZall in this case I would suggest performing a Firmware update if you are not running the unit on the latest Firmware available version 4.06.
      To update your unit please Format a USB drive as FAT32 (beware that this will erase all content on the drive.)
      Download the firmware from this link:
      https://www.behringer.com/Categories/Behringer/Mixers/Digital/X32/p/P0ASF/Downloads#
      Open the zip file and copy the firmware file (which will have a “.update” extension) to the root directory USB drive (it needs to be separate from any folders or zips files.)
      With the X32 powered down, plug the USB stick into the USB port on the X32. Power on and wait for the update to complete.
      When the firmware update process is concluded please confirm that you have set Talkback section as mentioned below.
      The up the monitor screen is selected by pressing the “View” button of the top panel’s monitor section, as well as the “View” button of the top panel’s talkback section. The screen controls various aspects of the console’s solo bus, control room outputs, and talkback section.
      The monitor/talkback screen contains the following separate tabs:
      Monitor: This screen controls various solo options, dimming, speaker delay, and sources for the control room output.
      Talkback A: This screen controls various adjustments for the talkback A path of console.
      Talkback B: This screen controls various adjustments for the talkback B path of console.
      Oscillator: This screen offers various controls for the onboard oscillator and how it is routed throughout the console.

Monitor/Talkback Screen: Monitor Tab
      The monitor tab controls various console options related to the solo bus, as well as the console’s control room outputs. These options include various solo settings, speaker dimming, speaker delay, and selection of sources for the control room output.
      To adjust the various settings on the monitor tab, perform the following steps:
      1. Adjust the 1st encoder to change the gain of the monitor signal. This digital gain stage occurs as a first preliminary level control, before the top panel’s analog-based monitor level control. A display above the encoder shows the currently set gain value in dB.
      • A multi-segment level meter is displayed on the color screen to allow for proper gain staging of the monitor signal.
      2. Adjust the 2nd encoder to scroll through the various solo methods available to the console when audio is routed to the solo bus. Available options include:
      • Exclusive (Last): In this mode, pressing another solo button disengages the previous solo.
      • Solo Follows Select: When this method is selected, the audio of the currently selected channel will automatically be sent to the solo bus. Since a user will often select a channel to adjust its dedicated DSP controls, this method is useful because the audio of the channel will now already be feeding the solo bus where it can be monitored with headphones in a live sound environment.
      • Select Follows Solo: When this method is selected, any channel that is soloed will automatically become the currently selected channel.
      • Channel Solo AFL: With this method, the channel and select button do not have any correlation to each other. When a channel’s solo button is pressed, its audio is sent to the solo bus in “after-fader listen” mode, reflecting the current level of the channel fader and any channel DSP that has been applied.
      • Mix Bus AFL/PFL: This toggles the AFL/PFL setting for the mix buses when they are soloed (as opposed to the soloing of a single input channel).
      • DCA Group AFL: This puts the contents of a soloed DCA group into after- fader listen mode when the solo button is pressed on a DCA channel.
      • Use Master Fader: This allows the Main Fader/mute button to control the solo/mon output.
      3. Tap the 2nd encoder to select and assign the currently chosen solo option.
      4. Adjust the 3rd encoder to adjust the amount of digital delay that is applied to the control room signal path. The display on the screen will show the current amount of delay in feet, meters, and milliseconds.
      5. Tap the 3rd encoder to toggle the delay function on/off.
      TIP: The delay function is useful for aligning the sound of audio monitored through headphones or speakers used at the Front-of-House position with audio that is coming from the stage location.
      By delaying the control room audio, it can be brought into alignment with the slightly delayed audio that has to travel from the stage to the Front of House position.
      6. Adjust the 4th encoder to set the amount of volume reduction that occurs when the control room bus has its “dim” function enabled. The amount of volume reduction ranges from -40 dB to 0 dB (no change).
      7. Tap the 4th encoder to toggle the dim function on/off.
      8. Adjust the 5th encoder to adjust the volume trim for the source currently feeding the control room bus, allowing it to be level/matched with other sources. The amount of trim can be adjusted from -20 dB to +20 dB.
      9. Tap the 5th encoder to toggle the control room between mono and stereo operation. This is very useful in a studio context for checking how a mix sounds when played back on a mono speaker such as a clock radio.
      10. Adjust the 6th encoder to select what specific signal source to monitor in the control room bus.
      Choices include:
      • Off (No source)
      • LR Bus
      • LR + C/M
      • LR PFL (pre-fader listen solo bus)
      • LR AFL (after-fader listen solo bus)
      • Auxiliary returns 5/6
      • Auxiliary returns 7/8
      11. Tap the 6th encoder to activate the signal source that has been chosen.

Monitor/Talkback Screen: Talkback Tabs
      The talkback tabs offer various adjustments for the talkback paths of the console, such as destination of the talkback signal and more.
      To adjust the various settings on the Talkback A tab, perform the following steps:
      1. The screen displays a multi-segment level meter showing the signal strength of the talkback signal as it has currently been set. It also displays a multi- segment gain reduction meter, showing the user how much compression has been automatically applied to the talkback signal to keep its level even to the recipient.
      2. Tap the 1st encoder to enable the talkback circuit. The internal/external talkback microphone will now transmit audio to the Talkback A path’s assigned destination.
      3. Tap the 2nd encoder to switch the talkback circuit from the internal talkback to the external microphone connector. A 2nd tap of the encoder switches the console back to using the internal talkback microphone.
      4. Adjust the 3rd encoder to set the gain of the talkback A signal. This is an additional gain stage that follows the initial gain stage set by the top panel Talk Level knob.
      5. Tap the 3rd encoder to toggle on/off the talkback circuit’s “auto-dim” function. This function is useful in a studio setting, and will automatically dim the control room outputs when the talkback circuit is active. This prevents a feedback loop from occurring between the talkback microphone and the nearby studio monitors.
      6. Adjust the 4th encoder to scroll through the various talkback destinations, which include:
      • Mix Bus 1-16
      • LR Bus
      • Center/Mono Bus
      7. Tap the 4th encoder to activate any talkback destination when it is currently selected. Multiple talkback destinations can be selected, allowing the talkback signal to reach many destinations at the same time.
      8. Tap the 5th encoder to toggle the dedicated top-panel talkback buttons between latching and non-latching operation.
      9. Adjust the 6th encoder to adjust the brightness of the lamp that is connected to the console’s top-panel lamp connector.
      10. Tap the 6th encoder to toggle the attached lamp on/off. All controls for the talkback B tab work as described above, but pertain to the talkback B signal path.

Monitor/Talkback Screen: Oscillator Tab
      The oscillator tab offers controls for the console’s onboard oscillator, a very handy tool that can be used for setting up PA systems and testing various signal flow paths without the need for a live source feeding a microphone. Settings include oscillator type, frequency, volume, and routing destinations.
      To adjust the various settings on the Oscillator tab, perform the following steps:
      1. Adjust the 1st encoder to set the level of the onboard oscillator.
      2. Tap the 1st encoder to toggle the onboard oscillator on/off.
      • The color screen displays a multi-segment level meter that show the current level of the oscillator.
      3. Adjust the 2nd encoder to set the frequency of the primary onboard oscillator.
      4. Adjust the 3rd encoder to set the frequency of the alternate onboard oscillator.
      5. Tap the 3rd encoder to alternate between the 2 onboard oscillators.
      6. Adjust the 4th encoder to select the type of oscillator to be used. Choices include:
      • Sine Wave
      • Pink Noise
      • White Noise
      7. Tap the 4th encoder to engage the selected oscillator type.
      8. Adjust the 6th encoder to select a destination for the onboard oscillator. Choices include:
      • Mix Bus 1-16
      • Main L Bus
      • Main R Bus
      • Main L+R Bus
      • Main Center/Mono
      • Matrix Outputs 1-6
      9. Tap the 6th encoder to assign the selected oscillator destination.

I hope this helps.
      • Mar 21
  • New
    DieterPellkofer
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-03-20

Since the last firmware update introducing a lot of additional features (improved routing, parametric EQs, USB options) the Flow 8 is a great device. Nevertheless, I found one bug and have several feature requests for the Android app (I don't know if the request also apply for the iOS app):

1. When you shortly tap on a fader (e.g. a channel volume fader) display changes to show a very wide bar which simplifies adjustment of the level. This works in principle fine but in the range between -8 and -12 dB the bar always jumps to OFF. As far as I see, this happens with all faders, i.e. channel faders, effect faders, monitor faders etc.

2. When parametric EQ is turned off in the preferences, the dots in the 4 band channel EQs as well as the dots in the main EQ showing the current setting for each band are connected with a curved line to give a better impression of the overall EQ setting. This line is not shown when parametric EQ is turned on. This connection line would be very helpful also for the parametric EQ since it could in addition indicate the selected width for each band.

3. According to the connection line displayed for the 4 band EQs, the lowest band and the highest band seem to be realised as low shelf and high shelf. In the main EQ this seems not to be the case. It would be great if there was an option that the lowest band and the highest band of the main EQ are also realised as low shelf and high shelf.

4. I use the option to display decibels for the faders. At the moment the dB values are only displayed during movement of the faders. As soon as you take your finger off the fader the dB value is no longer shown. I would prefer to the dB values always shown below or above the faders (similar as in the X-Air app). In this way you could exactly see to which value each fader is adjusted without touching the fader.

5. For some parameters rotatary knobs are provided for adjusting their values (e.g. gain, low cut, compression...). I find these rotary knobs very hard to use. First, it is not competely clear to me by which kind of movement the values are adjusted. I have the impression that a horinzontal sliding movement is necessary. This is not very intuitive for a rotary know which is expected to be adjusted with a rotary sliding movement. Further, the horizontal sliding movement must start within the rotary knob. However, since the dB values are displayed in the center of the respective rotary knob you cannot monitor these values during adjustment since they are hidden by your finger. So it is very hard to set a specific value using the rotary knobs. This is even true when you shortly tap on a rotary knob which results in the display of a much bigger rotary know for fine adjustments. Even in this big rotary knob the dB values are positioned in the center which means that they are easily be hidden by your finger.

6. If you select a specific effect (e.g. No. 1 Ambience) and change the default setting for decay your adjusted value gets lost when you select another effect (e.g. No. 2 "Perc-Rev1) and then switch back to effect No. 1. I would expect (and prefer) that the settings for No. 1 would remain. The same is true when I switch e.g. "Instrument" to "Vocal" for effect No. 1. When I select another effect and the go back to No. 1 it is always set to "Instrument".

7. I am missing an effect mute button on the main layer. For live performance it should be possible to mute all effects from the main layer that you can easily make announcements between your songs without effect being turned on. At the moment you must switch from main layer to FX1 layer and than to the FX setting page to turn off effect which is very annoying. So an FX mute button on the main layer (similar to the hardware FX mute button on the flow 8 mixer device) would be great.

In my opinion the above point would make the great flow 8 mixer even better.

Dieter

read more...
    0 17
    • DieterPellkofer
      DavidKnighton Hello Dieter,
      I'll pass this along to the dev team for investigation. Would you mind submitting a TECH SUPPORT ticket via the SUPPORT tab for these requests? This way we can follow up if need be. Be sure to tag me in your description so I can grab the case.
      • Mar 22
  • New
    Mike7300
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-20

For whatever reason I'm unable to get any sound coming out of my speakers for channel 1.  It had never been an issue before, I've been using the X32 with my band for maybe 5 months now.  I tried changing the mic that was hooked up to that channel and nothing.  All my other channels work fine.  I can see the db meter go up when I sing into the mic so it seems to be connected.  Is there anything that could be blocking my signal from coming through the speakers?  

attached a pic of the routing settings which is just the standard.  Thanks 

read more...
    0 19
    • Mike7300
      GaryHiggins On the ch config page, is the main bus send on? Maybe it was hit by mistake somehow.
      • Mar 20
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300 Just figured it out, the stereo LR button within channel one was not on. It must have got hit by accident.
      • Mar 20
  • New
    Innocznt
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-20

I'm not sure how to explain the problem I'm facing, I'll try my best.

Basically whenever I move the mixer, touch the back of it where the USB port is, it will completely freeze the GoXLR program and I'll lose the inputs that the mixer has. System, game, chat, etc. It takes 5-10 minutes for everything to reset and come back to normal and sometimes I'll even have to restart my PC. I've tried replacing the cord but that's not the problem because it's continuing to happen. I feel like my only option is to have my mixer replaced. I've already created a ticket but I feel like the system is a little confusing because I'm unable to check replies or even edit my ticket so I'm hoping I'll get in contact with someone through here. If not, it was worth a try.

read more...
    0 6
    • Innocznt
      WilliamR Hello, William from musictribe here. It looks like your ticket was stuck in the wrong queue. I apologize for the delay. Someone will contact you shortly.
      • Mar 20
Go to page