Statistics

207,653 members
79,750 posts
  • New
    k3pto
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-12-24

I have 12 singers but use only 5 at a time.  How can I save the setups for the 12 and recall them into different input channels as needed?  I am using  an X32.

0 11
    • k3pto
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Larry, if you are wanting to save/load channel settings, use the Library, Channel screen to save the selected channel settings. Use this screen to also load these saved presets to selected channel.
      • December 24, 2020
    • k3pto
      DaveMorrison If you are using just 5 channels and moving the singers within those 5 channels, you would have to set up a scene (or even better: snippets) for each setup. It's still risky to move channels around during a live performance (scenes don't alway load 100% accurate—probably like 99.99%—but it happens). Why not just set up some mute groups? or manually mute the mics not being used? If it's because you only have 5 mics, you could duplicated the mic into several channels and then each singer has their own channel.
      Edit:—I type to slow. Paul beat me to the first answer.
      • December 24, 2020
    • k3pto
      k3pto Hi Paul and Dave, thank you for the quick replies. I should have been a little clearer. I use only 5 mics, it is the vocalists who are changing from week to week. I will look into the Library solution that Paul mentioned.
      • December 24, 2020
    • k3pto
      k3pto Looks like the Library will not do what I want. Let me try to explain a little differently... I want a soloist to use microphone A one week. The next week the soloist must use microphone B because someone else is using microphone A. Then multiply the number of soloists by 5. The microphones are all the same model. How do I save and recall the unique settings per soloist?
      • December 25, 2020
      • Saving individual setup
        Paul_Vannatto Hi Larry, yes the channel presets in the Library is exactly what you need to use. Channel presets saves all channel settings but are channel strip independent. That means that once you have, say John's solo channel set up as desired (say on channel 1), select that channel, then go to the Library, Channel screen and save to one of the slots (name it "John's Solo"). If next week, John is on channel 3 (instead of channel 1), select channel 3, then go to the Library, Channel screen, select "John's Solo" and load it to channel 3.

Make sure when you load the preset that all of the Recall Scope items are checked.
        • December 25, 2020
  • New
    geronimomitch
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-23

Hi everybody!

I'm kind of desperate! My X32 ethernet connexion doesnt work anymore, and so, this device is totaly useless! The small led first lights continually, and then turn off... No way to synchronize neither with wifi routeur, nor my laptop... I tried the same équipement and cables with another X32 rack... it works fine. Where can I find some help?

read more...
    0 4
    • geronimomitch
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Michel, unless you are using an X32 Core, it is not totally useless without ethernet connection. Since you have the X32 Rack, go to the Setup, Network screen and make sure that the DHCP is enabled. Also make sure you have plugged the ethernet cable into the Ethernet jack, not the Ultranet jack.
      • December 23, 2020
    • geronimomitch
      geronimomitch hi Paul,
      • December 23, 2020
    • geronimomitch
      geronimomitch Did everything you said, and even re-install firmware, no way...
      • December 24, 2020
      • X32 ethernet failure
        Paul_Vannatto Replace the ethernet cable (yes they do go bad).
        • December 24, 2020
    • geronimomitch
      LuukvanKuipers Maybe the following wil work, place a switch/hub between your PC and the X32, in other words, connect both devices to the same hub/switch.
      • December 24, 2020
      • X32 ethernet failure
        geronimomitch Thanks Luuk, I will try... as soon as Santa Klaus leave back to Lapland
        • December 24, 2020
      • X32 ethernet failure
        LuukvanKuipers It worked for me, hopefully for you too .
        • December 25, 2020
  • New
    asnkflg
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-23

Using GoXLR on my PC. It works great...for a few minutes...then all the sudden the sound turns off. Meaning I can't hear anything on the computer and it doesn't register on the GoXLR meter.

The solution is unplug the goxlr and plug it back in...but naturally that is only fun for a minute.

Any insight?

read more...
    0 7
  • New
    MelLyon
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-23

After 3 years of use suddenly today my XR12 Is Not Connecting To The Mixer Software on my Laptop... Could it be windows or Macfee blocking? I have tried 3 different laptops and the the mixer is not generating a SSID signal during rescan. So no connection is happening. I am having problems connecting XR12 To software laptop. Purchased June 5 2017 and the unit has had minimum hours of use in my home studio. Watch the video and Any solutions offered would be appreciated. Currently ver 1.6 Firmware since mixer is not connected I cannot update firmware to 1.7

https://youtu.be/t7rRKyRRmDA  

Okay I found the fix in the user manual a Reset to factory settings. Go figure 

read more...
    0 2
    • MelLyon
      DavidKnighton Hello Mel,
      I would suggest performing a network card reset on the mixer. On the front panel is a small recessed switch. Use a pin or paperclip to depress the switch for 3 seconds (make sure the mixer is powered on and allowed to boot). Don't hold the switch for longer than 10 seconds or you will factory reset the entire mixer. After you perform the card reset, switch the mixer off, and then back on again. Your mixer should now be broadcasting the default WiFi SSID in access point mode.
      • December 24, 2020
  • New
    MelLyon
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-23

After 3 years of use suddenly today my XR12 Is Not Connecting To The Mixer Software on my Laptop... Could it be windows or Macfee blocking?
    I have tried 3 different laptops and the the mixer is not generating a SSID signal during rescan. So no connection is happening. I am having problems connecting XR12 To software laptop. Purchased June 5 2017 and the unit has had minimum hours of use in my home studio. Watch the video and Any solutions offered would be appreciated. Currently ver 1.6 Firmware since mixer is not connected I cannot update firmware to 1.7

https://youtu.be/t7rRKyRRmDA

read more...
    0 2
  • New
    TDiddy
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-23

Good Day everybody,

my name is Torsten. I'm a drummer and do drum recordings. I try to setup a Midas Venice F32 digital console connected to a Macbook Pro 15-inch from 2015 with OS 10.15.

Midas Venice F32 console

FireWire cable 

FireWire to Thunderbolt adapter

Macbook Pro Retina 15-inch mid 2015, 2,5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 Memory 16 GB

OS Catalina 10.15.4

On the page "Hardware" the Mac shows on the rider "FireWire" the Midas console and on the rider "Thunderbolt" the FireWire-Thunderbolt adapter.

But the audio in- and outputs of the Mac only show built-in microphone and built-in Output. The former owner, a very friendly man who stands by, used the OS 10.12. to drive the Venice. We hope that a downgrade from 10.15. to 10.12. could fix it. But on Mac that's not so easy. A procedure maybe for a Mac-expert. Has anyone a good idea or maybe experience in a simillar case?

Photo of Mac Screen is attached.

Thank you !

Good wishes and a wonderful christmas

Kind regards

Torsten

P.S.: I guess I can upload only one photo. It's my first time here. Maybe someone has a solution also so I can upload some more fotos..

read more...
    0 10
    • TDiddy
      DavidKnighton Hello Torsten,
      Regrettably, the Venice F consoles are legacy products, and the last supported OS from Midas perspective is El Capitan, OS 10.11. Some users had some luck getting it to work on later OS, but those involved alterations to the OS that we could not fully support. Apple started phasing out firewire in their products in 2012 in favor of Thunderbolt, and that was pretty much the turning point for every manufacturer who carried Firewire in their product.
      • December 23, 2020
      • Midas Venice F32 digital console connected to a Macbook Pro 15-inch from 2015 with OS 10.15. FireWire Thunderbold no audio
        TDiddy Thank you, David, for your fast response. So we should try to install OS 10.11.? Thank you again and best wishes !.
        • December 23, 2020
      • Midas Venice F32 digital console connected to a Macbook Pro 15-inch from 2015 with OS 10.15. FireWire Thunderbold no audio
        DavidKnighton Hello Torsten,
        If version 10.11 is available, that would be your best option, as we have a Venice firewire driver download specifically for El Capitan.
        • December 24, 2020
        DavidKnighton The driver can be found here https://www.midasconsoles.com/midas/product?modelCode=P0AD6 under the software tab. Driver for OSX version 4.2.1.
        • December 24, 2020
  • New
    joluk
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-12-22

I already found out that the WebSocket is accessible on port 2222. However, I am missing the remaining specifications.

Is there any documentation for the WebSocket interface?

0 13
    • joluk
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Lukas, you can get all the documentation here
      https://sites.google.com/site/patrickmaillot/wing
      • December 22, 2020
      • WING Websocket documentation
        joluk Thanks for your quick reply.
        Unfortunately, only the OSC interface is documented there.

I conclude that there is currently no documentation of the websocket. Is that correct?
        • December 23, 2020
      • WING Websocket documentation
        Paul_Vannatto The websocket was added to the latest firmware (1.10) and at the very end of the beta testing (just before the official release). It was meant to enhance the performance and stability of the TCP communications on port 2222. The actual communication protocol (Wing native/binary data interface) is documented in the first document on that website, starting on page 66. This is separate from the OSC protocol that uses UDP on port 2223.
        • December 23, 2020
  • New
    Slip
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-21

I just recently got a new pc and after downloading the software none of the profiles are loading. i tried using one drive and send-anywhere to get them to upload, but nothing works. I cant even create a new profile. I have no idea what the issue is.

read more...
    0 23
    • Slip
      PedroRodrigues Hi Matthew, can you please confirm that you did you save your profile before or know where it was saved before?
      To confirm please go to system -> global settings and see if the files are in that location
      From your description this may be caused by a windows issue.
      As Windows did an update or even if it didn't and for some reason your audio isn't playing where it used to/how it used to.
      Here is our no-screwing-around guide to getting your audio back to how it was before.
      Step 1: Check your Windows Audio Devices.
      One of the most common issues that comes up after a Windows update is that Windows has magically reassigned audio to devices that were previously disabled, or to a different TC-Helicon device. Make sure that the following defaults are set (screenshots below):
      Recording: Chat Mic (TC-Helicon GoXLR) - Default Device & Default Communications Device
      Playback: Chat (TC-Helicon GoXLR) - Default Communications Device | System (TC-Helicon GoXLR - Default Device

It is also crucial to make sure that your levels are set to 100% in Windows and that the audio device itself hasn't been muted by Windows as well.

Step 2: Check the Inputs & Outputs of the individual apps that are having an issue.
      Go into each app and make sure that the input and output is assigned correctly. To be safe, toggle the input/output to another device, save it, and then toggle it back to the correct one. Whenever possible, do not use "Default" and instead use the actual device.

Step 3: If both issues still aren't fixed, double check your Routing Table & Fader assignments.
      If everything seems to be routed properly in Windows, then we want to make sure things are set up correctly in the GoXLR App.
      • Jan 7
  • New
    SimonFinn
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-21

Hi all , first timer here (total noob) I've recently purchased this mixer but am struggling to find anything that has tips for some of the features eg the fx etc , any help.would be great , even of its just showing me where to find some videos / blogs on it , thanks ?

read more...
    0 6
  • New
    linschen
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-21

hallo ihr lieben ich verzweifle bald, ich habe die vollversion von waveform 11 aber ich bekomm es nicht hin das ich mich bei der aufnahmem selber höre . Ist hier jemand er mir das bitte erklären kann wie ich es machen könnte ? Hab das mischpullt am oc angechlossen , musik ist da und mein micro ist auch angeschlossen aber ich hör mich einfach nicht selber beim singen .... LG 

read more...
    0 8
    • linschen
      RexBeckett Hello Nicole, it is possible to listen to USB playback as well as your microphone but it requires special configuration.

Playback from USB is controlled by two buttons. When 2-TR/USB To Main is pressed, the USB playback will be added to the Main mix. To avoid possible feedback, this button also mutes the USB recording feed. When 2-TR/USB To Phones/CTRL RM is pressed, the USB playback is fed to the Phones and CTRL Room outputs replacing the Main mix. This button does not mute USB recording.

If you connect the 2-Track outputs to the 2-Track inputs using a pair of RCA/RCA cables and press the 2-TR/USB To Phones/CTRL RM button, it will give you a mix of USB playback and the mixer output on the Phones and Control Room outputs. You would need to use the PC output level control to balance the two sources.
      • December 21, 2020
Go to page