Statistics

174,345 members
41,906 posts
  • 2020-07-21

What type of router should I get for my X32 console? There are so many and I am having trouble picking the correct MB per second

0 10
    • srasi009
      Rex Beckett It does not need to be super fast. 1200 Mbps would be enough. It should be a dual-band router and you should use the 5GHz band because it is more resistant to interference from phones and other Wifi devices. Look for one that supports 802.11ac Wifi and has multiple external antennae. It is also an advantage to have at least two LAN ports so you can connect a wired laptop if/when necessary.
      • Jul 21
    • srasi009
      David Knighton Hello srasi009. Any simple router will do. The feature that I would consider before purchasing is WiFi RANGE. The lower end models don't have very good range, which means that the signal will degrade faster when there's a bunch of phones/tablets in the room. Users will often have a good soundcheck, but once the room is filled with guests, the WiFi signal starts to become unreliable. Get a router that has decent range for your expected environment and keep it as close as possible to the area in which it will be used most heavily. Notable brands, Linksys, Netgear, Cisco, TP Link. Avoid using Apple products as they are finicky with these consoles.
      • Jul 23