Statistics

284,942 members
166,807 posts
  • New
    Zuurg
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-17

I run sound for 2 different bands using an XR-18.  Is there a way that I can save & recall different settings for each band?  Like the channel names, gain settings, etc?

0 3
    • Zuurg
      Paul_Vannatto Yes, save to snapshots and load those snapshots when you need them. The XR18 can store up to 64 snapshots internally. Using X-Air-Edit (for Windows, Mac, linux or Raspberry Pi), you can also export and import those snapshots to scene files on the computer.
      • 6 hours ago
  • New
    stpascoe0
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-15

Had the XR18 working with my Macbook and DAW in the morning before a gig. Then, during setup later that night, it refused to be detecetd. Obviously this was very bad.

Any ideas what could have changed?

Running the latest of all of the following: Mac OS, Studio One 5, XR18 firmware,  XR Edit App.

read more...
    0 4
    • stpascoe0
      Nigel67 How were you connecting to the XR18, wireless or hard connection? If wireless, was it the XR18 internal wireless or do you have your own wireless router. If you were using the internal wireless, then I would advise that you set up your own dual band wireless router and use the 5GHz band. The XR18 uses the 2.4GHz band which is fine for band rehearsals, but as soon as you go into a venue, then this network becomes extremely congested as most mobile phones use this frequency. You may also find that if you haven't set up the security on your network, then the audience think its a free wifi network and start trying to connect to it. The 5GHz band is less used and you have many more channels to set up with. Is the connection now working again or still not working. Its possible that it has gone faulty. The first thing you should try is a factory reset. You will need to back up any show / presets that you have on the unit as they will be deleted.  With the unit powered, locate the hole in the front panel by the access point logo.  There is a switch behind the hole.  Push something through the hole gently until you feel a click as the switch activates.  Hold the switch in for 12 seconds and when you release, the unit will reset.  Set up the connection again and see if you can connect back up to the ethernet port. If that doesn't work I would advise submitting a Technical Support ticket. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Technical Support tab and submit a ticket.
      • May 15
  • New
    Snyd00dlsh
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-15

I'm wondering if the x-touch Compact or the x-touch Extender are stand-alone compatible with my x32 rack? By stand alone, I mean I can directly "plug" them into the x32 without needing an iPad / software or the x-touch universal control? 

0 15
    • Snyd00dlsh
      NicJonesMT Hi there.
      The XT Extender isn't compatible as it does not have XCTL mode. It's is primarily designed to be used as an extender for DAW's.

The Compact will work. You would need to connect it via MIDI, and then using the X-Touch Editor (Windows Only) Program in features you want to control. Please refer to the X32 manual for the full MIDI implementation.
      • May 15
  • New
    Zuurg
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-10

Hello,

I'm using Mix Bus 5&6 (linked) to send audio to the XLR inputs of a Zoom Q8 camera.  I'd like to be able to apply the onboard reverb (FX1 Bus 13) to some of the vocal channels.  I tried setting the send on 5&6 for the channel to Post Fader and having the FX1 send set to Pre Fader, but the signal being sent to the camera is still dry.

What am I doing wrong?

read more...
    0 8
    • Zuurg
      Paul_Vannatto You don't want to send the FX sends signals (which are the dry pre-processed signals). You want to send the FX returns (on the Aux FX bank - eg. FX1L/FX1R, etc.)
      • May 10
  • New
    Manole
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-09

Hi!

Looking help for outputting on all channels of the Behringer SD8 from a rack version of Behringer X32. Connection is done using AES50. All input work fine and just 2 channels (3 and 4!!!) for output.

0 4
    • Manole
      Paul_Vannatto I think you are mixing terminology. Stageboxes (such as the SD8) don't have channels. They have inputs and outputs. Is the issue that you are getting only channels 3 and 4 (eg. Tom1 and Fl Tom) going out the Main LR, or are you only getting outputs out of the SD8 outputs 3 and 4?
      • May 9
    • Manole
      Manole

Problem (kind of) solved: output #1 started to work while the others stopped. Seems the group switch is defective and after a back and forth makes outputs behave erratically.

• May 10
  • New
    RobertoMart
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-09

Good morning,

I am writing because I am in an unpleasant situation with your dealer.

I explain the situation:

In December 2019 I bought a Behringer X Air XR18 Mixer sold on amazon from a store.

The product was fantastic and has worked great for a year.

Unfortunately in May 2021 it started to have power issues which you can see documented in the following video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQBMvOwl494

The seller was willing to repair so I sent the mixer back to the shop and after a few weeks it was back... theoretically repared ..

That wasn't.

The mixer was still damaged so I contacted the dealer again and sent the package back. After about a year the answer is always the same: "Behringer is not sending us the parts needed for repair and we cannot proceed with the refund because according to company policy, the refund is only possible if the product is irreparable, but this is repairable ".

I wonder if the situation is really that bad for spare parts or if it is only this dealer who is giving you really bad publicity.

As a worker in the sector I have always relied on your products and I hope to be able to continue to place my trust in the professionalism of your company so I ask you what I can do to solve this problem?

Best regards.

read more...
    0 8
    • RobertoMart
      Nigel67 Hi RobertoMart. Please could you submit a Technical Support ticket and we will be able to investigate the matter further. Could you also include the serial number of the XR18 and a copy of the proof of purchase (invoice). I am sorry, but we do not have any visibility of when parts are in stock but a year is a very long time. Once we have your ticket, then we should be able to advise you further. If you went through us originally regarding the repair, please can you also advise the ticket number or the RMA repair number. To raise a Technical ticket, this can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Technical Support tab and submit a ticket. Many thanks
      • May 9
      • Problem with spare part
        RobertoMart Thank you for the quick response and clear instructions. I open the ticket immediately.
        • ·
        • May 9
    • RobertoMart
      Dale_M I have just picked this ticket up, reply shortly.
      • May 9
  • New
    JoshuaThompson
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-05-08

Hello,

I can't get this to work.

I have an SD8 going from AES A to the x32 Racks AES B.  I have the x32 Rack AES A going to the x32 AES A.  The rack is set up as an AES A device. 

I'm able to get sound from the rack to the x32 mixer but I can't get anything from the SD8.  I've tried many different routing configuations.

What is the routing supposed to look like? 

read more...
    0 8
    • JoshuaThompson
      Paul_Vannatto Assuming that you are sending the X32 Rack inputs out the AES50 A1-8 and A9-16 to the X32, assign AES50 B1-8 (from the SD8) to the AES50 A17-24 (to the X32 3rd bank of 8).
      • May 8
      • Daisy chaining SD8 to x32 Rack to X32
        JoshuaThompson Hi Paul. Thanks for responding. I currently have the rack 1-8 going to the x32 1-8 and the rack 9-16 going to the x32 17-24. I want the SD8 1-8 to go to 25 -32 on the x32. Would my routing on the x32 on the block of 25-32 be B 1-8?

If thats right, what would the routing be on the rack?

I also wasn't able to see the SD8 on the x32 but I could see it on the x32 rack. Is that right?
        I can see the rack on the x32 though.

I just purchased the SD8. Could it be a firmware update?
        • May 9
    • JoshuaThompson
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Joshua, I'm not sure why you are wanting to bypass the AES50 A9-16 outputs to the X32. But if that is what you want, here is the X32 Rack routing:
      Routing, AES50
      * AES50 A1-8 -> Local 1-8
      * AES50 A17-24 -> Local 9-16
      * AES50 A25-32 -> AES50 B1-8

By "seeing", are you referring to the SD8 image on the X32? If so, I wouldn't worry about that. If the AES50 sync lights are green on the X32, X32Rack and SD8 and the routing is correct, it should all work as expected.

Since the current SD8/SD16 firmware is more than a year old (probably close to 2 years - losing track of time due to the pandemic), I would think that your SD8 should have the current firmware.
      • May 9
      • Daisy chaining SD8 to x32 Rack to X32
        JoshuaThompson Thank you! I'll see if I can get that to work. I have local inputs on the x32 9-16.
        • May 9
    • JoshuaThompson
      JoshuaThompson Thanks for your help Paul. I kept thinking that AES50 out was for the outputs. Its been a while since I did stagebox routing. Sometimes is just helps to talk through it with someone. This routing worked perfectly. Thanks!
      • May 10
  • New
    pastorian
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-06

Hello, we need to connect a PC to an X32 Rack more than 3m away.  Are there known Cat5-based USB 2.0 extenders that will work with the X32 Rack?  Or do you have another recommended USB extender technology and brand?

0 20
    • pastorian
      PedroRodrigues Hi pastorian, thank you for your post, in your case for a USB 2.0 (480 Mb/s) connection set up I would suggest using a USB 2.0 cable with a max length of less than 5 m (16 ft.) to allow a stable communication between your X32 RACK and your computer.
      For longer distances there is in fact the option of a USB over Cat5/Cat6 extender, that converts the USB signal into Ethernet, transmits it over regular category cable, and converts it back to USB on the far end. Most USB extenders can transmit data up to 164 feet without signal loss.
      Nevertheless I have never attempt to use this type of USB over Cat5/Cat6 extender to connect a X32 RACK to a Computer so I cannot confirm if it will work or not.
      • May 7
  • New
    serviceman
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-29

Hi,

I am working with a system that was setup by someone who is no longer available.  I would like some assistance routing a MixBus 4 to Aux Out 5/6 rca jacks for streaming via a pc.  Under routing and the Aux Output tab, I see the six balanced outputs and I'm hoping that the AES/EBU L&R are those outputs.  I have attached a screenshot of the routing.  Can you please verify that this is done correctly.  If there is an easier way please let me know.

Thanks for your help.

read more...
    0 17
    • serviceman
      Paul_Vannatto No the RCA jacks are hardwired with the 1/4" jacks (Aux Out 5/6). So you would assign Mixbus 4 to Aux Out 5 and 6. You do realize that all mixbuses are mono in nature. If you are wanting stereo output, you would need to stereo link two adjacent mixbuses (in odd/even pairs - eg. mixbus 3/4), then assign the odd mixbus to Aux Out 5 and the even mixbus to Aux Out 6.
      • Apr 29
      • X32 firmware 3.2
        serviceman Thanks so much for your help. I really appreciate it.
        • Apr 29
    • serviceman
      EricSimmers I’ve got a Behringer A800 amp, I purchased speakon connectors that are NL4, are the connectors on the amp NL2 or NL4?
      • Apr 29
  • New
    DHodges1279
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-29

Is there a way that I can connect the behringer x32 through the network to a PC and use recording software to do audio recordings remotely?

0 6
Go to page