Statistics

306,345 members
190,733 posts
  • New
    BobbySadler
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-09-28

I would like to create Snippet(s) to turn my Mute Groups off and on.. but it doesn't seem possible. I have quite a few other Snippets created to control various aspects of my Scenes.. but Mute Groups are not listed in the Show Control. 

0 31
    • BobbySadler
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Bobby, good to hear from you again. The mute groups are part of the Groups param filter of the X32 snippets screen. You would select the Groups checkbox as well as the desired channels. The problem with that GUI is that both DCA and Mutegroups are part of that.

To separate them you can export the saved snippet to a file and edit it using a text editor. Each line (from line 2 on) has the OSC path (command) and 2 sets of bitmap (ones and zeros prefixed with a % ). If you just want the mutegroups, remove the first bitmap set and add /grp to the end of the OSC path. The mutegroups go from right to left. In other words, if mutegroup 1 is on, there will be 1 at the end. If it is off the last digit will be a zero.
      • September 28, 2021
  • New
    clifftm
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-21

How do I get a replacement power supply for an XR18

0 31
    • clifftm
      Dale_M Hi there simply go tot eh support tab above and select Spares parts to make an inquiry.
      • September 21, 2021
  • New
    Soccerman58
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-16

Hi

Hi

Is there an internal GEQ/PEQ that I can assign to a monitor (aux) send in an XAir 18 please?

I'm pretty sure I can switch monitor sends between Post Fader and Pre Fader with one button, but is there a way I can make the monitor pre-eq please? It doesn't make such sense to me to be post-eq because that means every change in the house is going to appear in the monitors, and who wants that?

Thank you

Phil

read more...
    0 198
    • Soccerman58
      Paul_Vannatto Each channel has one EQ, which can be set as PEQ, GEQ or TEQ. If you need separate EQ to the sends to buses, I would suggest you invest in some P16 (which have basic EQ) that use the Ultranet port.

Using the X-Air Edit app, the channel sends taps to buses can be set as: Input, Pre EQ, Post EQ, Pre Fader, Post Fader or Subgroup (on the channel's Sends screen)
      • September 16, 2021
    • Soccerman58
      Soccerman58 Hi. I just watched a Youtube video on the X Air app. I'm assuming that this was the laptop version of the same software these guys want me to run using an Android Pad - correct me if I am wrong. I saw how to change the pickoff point for the aux send which is great. If I select Pre EQ is that post compressor please?
      • September 16, 2021
    • Soccerman58
      Paul_Vannatto The X-Air Edit (for Windows, Mac, linux and Raspberry Pi) is a full editor, which is different than all android and iOS (tablet and phone) apps. The android/iOS apps are designed to be mixing apps. The best one available is Mixing Station Pro. I use both for all my events, using X-Air Edit (on my linux laptop) to setup and troubleshoot and Mixing Station Pro (on my android tablet) to mix the show.

The "pickoff point" is called a tap. On the X-Air console, the EQ comes before the compressor. Therefore Pre-EQ and Post-EQ are both pre-compressor. Typically you don't want compression happening in monitor mixes. If for some reason you have to have compression but not EQ, you would need to upgrade to an X32, which allows a change in the signal path to put the compressor pre or post of the EQ.
      • September 17, 2021
    • Soccerman58
      Paul_Vannatto I'm not sure why you are so concerned about using the channel EQ for both FOH and monitors. These EQ are to adjust the inputs for feedback control and minor input response massaging. Typically you would want the same for both FOH and monitors. For example, a vocal mic would typically have a low cut (to cut out rumble and low end mud), a high shelf (for air) and some mid cuts for feedback control. All that you would want for both FOH and monitors. The EQ differences lies in the outputs to adjust for speaker responses and that would be done using the output EQ (eg Main LR, bus outputs, etc.). And normally all of these adjustments would be done during soundcheck and left as is for the performance.
      • September 17, 2021
    • Soccerman58
      Soccerman58

Hi Paul. Thanks for all the comments and tips. I only have the android tablet with this particular band and I don't know what the software is called. Unfortunately I must have been watching a Youtube tutorial for the laptop version. When the guy clicked the aux bus it activated a button to open an equalizer for the bus - so does that mean that I wouldn't be able to access that equalizer from the tablet please? I like the idea of using a Windows laptop with Edit to augment the tablet and Mixing Station Pro is only 6 bucks. I'm not a computer guy though - would I be lucky enough for the laptop to detect the wifi signal automatically?

• September 17, 2021
  • New
    LucaVignali
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-15

I created a windows tool that reads an excel sheet and creates the snapshot with the mutes inside the mixer memory.
    If anyone is interested can contact me

0 21
  • New
    LucaVignali
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-15

Good morning
    is it possible with x-touch and xr16 to manage 1/64 snapshots

even one command would be enough to move to the next/prev snapshot

thanks

0 26
  • New
    DJG5534
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-01

I just purchased an XR-16. Are there mechanical dimension files (stp?) or other dimensional files so I can build rack ears?

How do I change the default location of where the scene files are located. I want to put them in the cloud so i can recall them from several devices.

THanks

Dino

read more...
    0 18
    • DJG5534
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Dino, I believe the XR16 is the same height of the XR18 (just different input/output configuration). I have a number of 3D print files (stp) that I have developed for other requests (with offsets, recessed, holes, etc.). Let me know what you are looking for exactly and I can probably provide them.
      • September 1, 2021
    • DJG5534
      DJG5534

Paul, thanks for getting back to me. From what I can tell I think you are right. I am looking for a good amount of recess so I do not have to remove the Aux and Main sends. I am also looking for holes to route the sends to the monitor and FOH amps. We are still old school that way.

• September 1, 2021
    • DJG5534
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Dino, here is an stl file with 40mm recess and 50mm hole. Let me know if you need anything else
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/12NVU1kDlszSyZMeRHJd_DMYUVcVERPsd/view?usp=sharing
      • September 1, 2021
    • DJG5534
      DJG5534

Paul, thanks again. Can you recommend a material for 3D printing?

• September 2, 2021
    • DJG5534
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Dino, Petg is probably your best bet if it will be exposed to direct hot sunlight. Otherwise PLA will also work fine.
      • September 2, 2021
  • New
    JimCornelius
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-08-31

I am finaly getting my S32 and I have a routing question. I have X32 FOH Board X32 Rack for Monitors and (soon) a S32 for inputs and outputs. On the S32 I want Outputs 15 and 16 for Main L R and 14 for subs. Outputs 1-12 as Ear mixes (Stereo). First I would love to have someone give me the correct routing for S32 AES50A -> X32 Rack AES50A     X32 RackAES50B -> X32 FOH AES50A. More importantly I would like to know which Routing Parameters effect the output ports on the S32 with this setup. I have about an 80 percent understanding of the routing on these but I just need a bit more clarity! Inputs I know. The outputs I need to know better. Thanks!!!

Jim

read more...
    0 46
    • JimCornelius
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Jim, in order to do what you want to do, you will need to be using firmware 4.x (current version is 4.06) and its User Out routing screen on the X32 Rack. First assign the IEM buses to the Routing, Out 1-16 screen (outputs 1-12). Then on the Routing, User Out screen, assign the Out 1-12 to the first 12 outputs. Finally assign the AES50 A15 and A16 to the User Out outputs 15 and 16. Finally, on the AES50 A screen, assign User Out 1-8 and 9-16 to the first 2 banks. On the FOH console, assign Main L/R to the AES50 B15 and 16.
      • August 30, 2021
      • Correct Routing for X32 FOH with X32 Rack for monitors using S32
        JimCornelius Hey Paul! I sent a response but I don't see it posted so please excuse if I'm duplicating it! Everything is good except I can't find how to assign Main L and R to AES50 B 15-16 on FOH. I want the Mains to come out of 15-16 on the S32. Thanks!
        • September 2, 2021
    • JimCornelius
      Paul_Vannatto Hey Jim, if you post a reply from the email notification, it seems as though it gets posted in a parallel universe and doesn't show up in the main forum interface. Since this forum interface is so goofy, I always reply to the original post, which bumps the thread to the top of the most recent list.

Regarding your question, you have to assign the Main L and R on the Routing, Out 1-16 screen (post fader) to outputs 15 and 16 respectively. Then on the Routing, AES50 screen, assign Out 9-16 to Outputs 9-16.

I'll send you a PM.
      • September 2, 2021
  • New
    ScottWilliams223
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-26

Hey all! My brother is an inmate in the Varner Prison in Arkansas. He is a very talented musician and is the music director for the Religious Services Department. He oversees all aspects of the Unit's prison live church services and video recordings. The Prison Chapel there is in dire need of some Equipment. They have outgrown their current mixer, a 2001 Mackie 24Ch with 3 bad channels, and are seeking donations for a Behringer X32 and S32. Also looking at a set of Behringer Drum Mic Kit. Does anyone know how to help these men improve the quality of the worship ministry?

BTW, the prison chapel is not state-funded in any way and functions solely on donations, both physical and monetarily.

read more...
    0 35
    • ScottWilliams223
      Dale_M Hi Scott it would be best to send an email in on a Pre Sales ticket via the above support tab.
      • August 31, 2021
    • ScottWilliams223
      ScottWilliams223 Thank you Dale
      • September 1, 2021
  • New
    RichOrdell
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-08-26

I want to transfer the entire contents of one X32 rack to another.  I used the export show feature and imported it into the other X32 and everything is there except for my FX presets that I created.  Are those not available in the import/export function or am i doing something wrong?  Thanks

read more...
    0 31
    • RichOrdell
      Paul_Vannatto The FX presets are stored in the Library, FX section. The Library is a separate section than that of the Show/scene/snippet section. But when you load the preset to an FX slot, then save the scene, those settings are saved in the scene. If the scene is exported to a file, those settings will be part of that scene file.
      • August 25, 2021
  • New
    DennisMilsom
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-08-25
    MIDI question now please (first time I've looked at the MIDI on the XR series)....I have connected the controller to the XR 18 MIDI in (din) midi input is set to Behringer X Air in the DAW (and standalone VST too btw) but I'm getting no data coming in. MIDI RX in is set to on for both DIN and USB in settings. Is there something else I have missed?

I have now checked three midi cables..I have doubled checked the controller is send data on MIDI channel 1 into another device (iPad) all works....please don't tell me the MIDI port is somehow snafu on the XR? I only recently bought it, brand new!
    read more...
    0 340
Go to page