190,348 posts
  • New
    SteveMarshall
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-09-16

Running out of outputs.  

0 4
    • SteveMarshall
      SteveMarshall this shows how to hook it up - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orJVtYQB2Aw Can't find one for sale.
      • Sep 16
    • SteveMarshall
      Paul_Vannatto The answer to your first question is yes. If you can't find an S!6, you could also use an SD8, SD16, DL16 or an ADA8200 (with an ADAT cable).
      • Sep 16
    • SteveMarshall
      SteveMarshall Ok I purchased a second S16. Anyone have any easy instructions how to add it to the system?
      • Sep 16
    • SteveMarshall
      CraigFowler Plug its A socket into the B socket of the first S16 so they're daisy-chained. Put the second S16 into mode2 so you get 16 unique outputs over the 2 stageboxes. You'll be looking at outputs AES501-8 for the outputs of the first stagebox, and AES509-16 for the second stagebox. Alternatively, plug the 2nd S16 into the console's unoccupied AES50 socket, and leave it in mode1. You'll be looking at outputs AES50-A1-8 for one stagebox, and outputs AES50B 1-8 for the other stagebox.
      • Sep 17
  • New
    WWSBengineering
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-09-16

I have an X-32 Rack with an X-Touch. Our users want to be able to have the channel mapping change depending on the show.

I thought saving scenes would accomplish this, but when I Load the scenes the channel order stays the same, but other attributes, like the colors on the scribble strips, change.

Is there a way to save and recall scenes or shows or something where the channel order can change as well?

read more...
    0 18
    • WWSBengineering
      Paul_Vannatto The channel order is saved in scenes and are recalled accordingly, unless you have some channel safes enabled.
      • Sep 16
      • Is There a Way to Recall Channel Order?
        WWSBengineering I thought I replied to this. I don't believe I have any channel safes enabled. I'm using X32 Edit to make my changes since the interface on the X32 Rack is not very user friendly.
        • Sep 20
    • WWSBengineering
      Paul_Vannatto (rant) I really wish they would fix this forum interface so that when we use the notification link to go to the thread and post there, it shows up in the regular view. If you post from the notification link, it posts in a parallel universe- very frustrating. (rant done)

You mentioned in your (parallel universe) post that when saving the "scene all the boxes checked (HA Config, Scribble Strip, Gate, Compressor, EQ, Sends, Main/Fader), which I figure is what is being saved". Those are SAFES, not SAVES. When you save a scene, (almost) all settings are saved. Those safes restrict what is loaded. Therefore, uncheck all safes and the channel order will be loaded.
      • Sep 20
  • New
    Nicolatuffy
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-09-16

If I'm using all 16 inputs can I then use the rest of the inputs to bring back audio via USB using traction?

0 2
  • New
    drichardson
    Contributor - Level 1
    2022-09-16

I use the X32 rack as an interface for protools. During playback all i get is the snap crackle and pop, making my recordings unusable.

All is good in protools using my focusrite interface. I wonder if it is safe to say the xusb expansion card has failed, or a larger problem with the mixer its self. any help would be appreciated

read more...
    0 21
    • drichardson
      Paul_Vannatto Is the sample rate (44K, 48K) the same with the X32 Rack and ProTools? If not, it will give the snap, crackle and pop.
      • Sep 15
    • drichardson
      drichardson Yes...this was the first thing i checked.. The previous night everything worked spot on, Nothing was changed and the next night it was no good. I hooked up my focusrite interface and there was no problem. I almost think it is the expansion card that's the problem
      • Sep 15
    • drichardson
      Dale_M Best to try with another DAW or a friends machine to see if the problem follows the mixer.
      • Sep 16
    • drichardson
      drichardson how do I get started getting repairs done if there is a defect, Ive only had this mixer since april
      • Sep 16
    • drichardson
      drichardson Thanks Paul for the response, my problem ended up being a bad usb cable. Have a great day
      • Sep 17
  • New
    IMMikeMurphy
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-09-07

I see prices all over the map for the XR18 and some sites taking "pre-orders".

Is this still an active product?

If I order one from a vendor that doesn't currently have, when does Behinger plan to ship new units to USA suppliers?

read more...
    0 11
    • IMMikeMurphy
      herlyoviedoooo Good evening, support me please I have a CMD STUDIO 4A controller and the system does not detect it I get an error please help me it is very urgent
      • Sep 7
    • IMMikeMurphy
      Paul_Vannatto herlyoviedoooo, your post has nothing to do with the original post in this thread. Stop hijacking others thread - very bad forum etiquette.
      • Sep 7
    • IMMikeMurphy
      Paul_Vannatto Hey Mike, I do believe that the XR18 is still an active product. But I think you have been caught in the 'perfect storm" of the supply chain chaos that has hit the global market. Just this morning, they reported that China has locked down 33 cities (280 million people) due to their zero-Covid policy and I believe that one of those cities is near (or at) where MT has their factory. Add to that, there are hundreds of ships anchored offshore in NY, Houston, LA and San Francisco waiting their turn in the respective ports. As well, hundreds of truckers have either gone out of business or quit due to the high price of diesel. All this adds up to product not getting to dealers. Good luck.
      • Sep 8
  • New
    joelittle84
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-09-06

Hi there, 

Just got the MR18 and we love it so far, but it is still new to us.  We control all of our monitor mixes, mostly wireless in-ear, a  powered monitor here and there.  Additionally we like to record our shows to logic, also a pretty easy and power process.  We are trying to figure out our options for when we are bring out our MR18 to a club or even that already has Sound.  We are pretty much maxed out on our Aux sends and can give the mix engineers the LR output, but that is limiting.  Additionally, we are also getting some push back to handing off our tablet and letting them mix the FOH via the app.  Most engineers like their own gear, understandably, and not everyone is on digital gear. So what can we do to get the house sound crew our indivual inputs but still use the MR18 to give us our monitor controls that we like and recordings like we have been making?  I was thinking of some sort of splitter of some sort to send out to any and all sound systems where they can get our inputs, and we can handle our monitors ourselves. But not even sure if they make such products.  Thanks in advance for the help! 

read more...
    0 17
    • joelittle84
      Paul_Vannatto Yes they do make channel splitters, such as the Art S8, Behringer MS8000, etc. I just picked up 2 used MS8000 for that particular purpose.
      • Sep 6
    • joelittle84
      RobDurkin Alan Hamilton has a great video about this on YouTube. https://youtu.be/xT9gTBFxvZk You will likely want to mix your own in-ears and send your split signal to FOH for the engineer to mix you.
      • Nov 12
  • New
    DPenn1000
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-09-05

I have been using two SoF busses for a vocal buss and then an instrument buss with its compression side chained to the vocal buss to make room for the vocals when the vocals present themsleves in a busy mix. I also need 6 auxes as monitor mixes. It occurred to me today that I could repourpose two FX busses serve as the other two monitor mixes. I set it up in the GUI but haven't had time to test it out yet. I'm wondering of it would be better to use the FX busses as the vocal/inst busses and keep the native busses on monitor duty. Any suggestions?

read more...
    0 4
    • DPenn1000
      Paul_Vannatto The problem is that the FX buses are post fader and can't be changed. This will create an issues when repurposing for monitors or submixes. This last weekend I did sound for a Paul McCartney tribute band with 32 inputs (X32 Rack for monitors, Wing for FOH, SD8 and SD16) and did not have to submix vocals and instruments (with sidechain) in order to get the vocals on top of the mix.
      • Sep 5
  • New
    ryankok
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-08-25

Hi I am running the xair 16 and using the app on my iPad (M1 chip) but keeps crashing when i try adjusting anything the app crashes could this be the app is not functioning on the new iOS. 

any updates will be great I have a show next week so need to try figuring something out.

thanks 

read more...
    0 6
  • New
    OliverATX
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-08-24

Hello All!

I hope everyone is doing great!

In setting up my X32 (still very new to it) I came across an issue I would appreciate some help on.

Scenario is as follows:

Bass cabinet with 1/4 TRS OUT is going into DI BOX. DI BOX with 1/4 TRS OUT is going into X32 1/4 TRS AUX IN port 2.

I have setup X32 routing as follows:

#1) USER IN: Mapping Aux In 1-6 to Inputs 17-22 (screenshot 1)
    #2) INPUTS: Channel 17-24 > User In (17-24) (screenshot 2)

My question is around #2. For the last gig I had NOT selected User In (17-24), but left it at the default, which was just AES50-A 1-8, I believe. Everything worked fine and I adjusted levels, EQ, etc. in the AUX FX section (screenshot 3). When looking at the mixer channels 1-32 view, there was no signal registered at Input 18, I only saw the signal in the AUX FX section on Aux 2 (as expected based on the routing selection in #1.

After selecting User In (17-24) in #2 I now can see the bass signal register in the 1-32 mixer view on Ch 18 (screenshot 4).

Questions:

A) Is this the correct way to do AUX routing at all?
    B) If #2 is selected, I now have the option to change MIC pre input sensitivity (or EQ) either in the AUX section (Aux 2) or in the 1-32 mixer view on CH 18, or both. What is the recommended way?

Thank you!

Oliver

Screenshot 1)

Screenshot 2)

Screenshot 3)

Screenshot 4)

read more...
    0 18
  • New
    sleepissues
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-08-18

I was wondering if the X-live expansion card is compatible with the Behringer XR16?

Thus negating the requirement of a laptop onstage when using backing tracks.

Thanks

0 4
Go to page