Statistics

254,451 members
132,138 posts
  • New
    BCDurham
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-22

Hello,

1. Is it better to control my XR18 during a live gig through a wifi-connected (via external router) Android tablet or through a wifi connected (also via external router) PC (laptop)? 

2. Relatedly, is there some sort of priority one gets over the other? For example, if one person is making changes through the PC does the PC somehow block any changes another person puts in through their tablet or phone (changes to in ear monitor AUX outs, for example)?

3. Finally, can someone confirm that snapshots are saved in the mixer whereas scenes are saved in the controlling device? If so, if I save a scene in my laptop and call it up at the start of the gig, can I then move my controlling to the tablet and use the tablet during the gig? Then at the end of the gig would I have to start the laptop back up to save the gig's "scene"?

Thanks and sorry for the complicated questions. I am new and we gig tomorrow.

Brian

read more...
    0 13
    • BCDurham
      Paul_Vannatto 1. Yes that is the way I've been doing it for the past few years. For the android app, you should get Mixing Station and use a dual (or triple) band external router (use the 5Ghz band).
      2. No, there is no priority. But with Mixing Station, you can restrict control to a certain mixbus (for their IEM's, etc) and you can run unrestricted for the Main LR outputs.
      3. Yes, snapshot are stored in the XR18 (up to 64 of them) and scenes are stored on the device (eg. laptop) as scene files. What you describe is how I do it.
      • Fri at 3:11 PM
  • New
    SvenBurgis
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-21

Hello,

i really use many years Behringer Products, but in my and from sond engineers opinion e are missing new innovation. example Touch screen or optical connection between mixing and S16(Example). 

So how your next innovation?? 

Best Recards 

Sven Burgis

read more...
    0 8
    • SvenBurgis
      Dale_M Hi Sven I will pass your remarks over to the Behringer Design team, on a similar matter the new Midas HD96 has full touch screen.
      • Thu at 12:32 AM
    • SvenBurgis
      Paul_Vannatto The Behringer Wing also has a touch screen.
      • Thu at 5:39 AM
  • New
    BCDurham
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-19

One of many questions I have about my new Behringer XR18:

What is the difference between "FXSnd#" in the Sends tab and "Rtn #" at the far right of the Channel layout? 

Thank you!

0 3
    • BCDurham
      Paul_Vannatto The FX sends are buses that mixes channel (dry) signals to go to the respective FX engine (1-4). The resulting (wet) stereo signals from the FX engine come back as FX Rtn # to be mixed with the rest of the channels for FOH (Main LR).
      • Tue at 4:10 PM
  • New
    Soccerman58
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-05

Hi

I am interested in picking this up cheap because it has a big touchscreen, but the processor is only 1.8 GHz - will that be a problem please?

Has Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

Thanks

Phil

0 4
    • Soccerman58
      Paul_Vannatto Which Edit? Also don't rely on the thread title to provide info, since it is cut off.
      • Oct 5
      • Will a Dell Inspiron 22-3265 with an AMD E2-7110 APU and 4GB run Edit and a couple of rack gear management programs please?
        Soccerman58 Hi. Xair 18, sorry. Thanks Phil
        • Oct 5
      • Will a Dell Inspiron 22-3265 with an AMD E2-7110 APU and 4GB run Edit and a couple of rack gear management programs please?
        Soccerman58 Hi Paul. Could you take a look at my thread about trying to use LA2a as an insert please? I am now getting input and output, but still no needle movement. Thanks Phil
        • Oct 5
    • Soccerman58
      Paul_Vannatto You shouldn't have any issues running X-Air Edit, since it takes very little resources.
      • Oct 5
    • Soccerman58
      Soccerman58 Cool, thank you
      • Oct 5
  • New
    JuanDahmen
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-10-04

Hello.
    I recently bought two SD8 and a SD16 to use as XLR boxes in my studio and be able to conect the mics in several places of the recording room via one CAT5 cable to the control room. The thing is I can easily use one of them but can't get to record using the three on cascade.
    I have the AES50 A input conected to the A input on a SD8. The B of that SD8 conected to the A of the SD16 and the B of the SD16 to the A of a SD8. I entered the routing page and it detects the three boxes as in A mode (or channel or whatever). I then set the inputs as follows:
    1-8 to AES50 A9-16 (the SD16)

9-16 to AES50 A-17-24 (the SD16)

17-24 to AES50 A1-8 (the first SD8)

25-32 toAES50 25-32 /the second SD8)

It's so I have the first 16 inputs in the SD16 where my drums are.

In the X32 you can see the input signals correcly but when going to record in my MAC through the usb connection it all seems messed up and it only recognices some inputs...

Noting that I have 32 inputs enabled and have recorded them before using the XLR inputs of the X32. I use Ableton Live 10 on a MAC.

As always, thanks a lot for your time and support.

read more...
    0 17
    • JuanDahmen
      Paul_Vannatto That screen is meant to assign the inputs to the X32. To assign signals from the X32 to the Card, you have to use the Routing, Card screen.
      • Oct 4
      • Routing SD8 + SD16 + SD8 for recorging on MAC
        JuanDahmen Thanks for replying. As far as I see my CARD tab in the routing menu has only "expansion card outputs". Is that what you mean?
        I use version 4.06 in my X32
        • Oct 4
        JuanDahmen Aaaaaand despite saying card outputs and not inputs, it works now like a charm. Thank you a lot. Cheers :*
        • Oct 4
        ValeriuM_Trufin Because you select what signals the consoles outputs trough the card.
        • ·
        • Oct 4
  • New
    RichardDetwiler
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-26

The device will not power up.  I am using a Furman power conditioner

it is in a controlled studio.  (no moisture, sunlight, overheating).  

Powerlight comes on, then dims and flickers

The device doesn't work will not connect to wifi, nor register on the usb.

read more...
    0 34
    • RichardDetwiler
      Behringer Hi RichardDetwiler. If you need assistance with your Behrin ger products, the fastest and most effective way to directly reach our technical support team is at:

https://bit.ly/MT-CarePortal

- Diego
      • Sep 26
    • RichardDetwiler
      PedroRodrigues Hi RichardDetwiler before you submitting an assistance request directly with our Tech Support Team as stated above I would suggest to connect your unit directly to a wall socket and bypassing the Furman Power Conditioner to acess if the unit would operate correctly. Thank you
      • Sep 27
  • New
    manoaratefy
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-23

Hello,

I've found recently that the Behringer S16 can be used as standalone stagebox. But as the S16 have only 8 outputs, the 9-16 output coming from another S16 in the stage is routed to ADAT in the FOX S16, so I have to add a ADAT-analog converter in my setup to get these output.

I'm wondering if SD8 can be used as same purpose, because SD8 has 8 in / 8 out, so with the same setup, I can hook up 2x SD8 on the stage and 2x SD8 in FOH.

Or is there any another easy setup to make use of digital stagebox with analog mixers?

read more...
    0 12
    • manoaratefy
      Nigel67 Hi manoaratefy. The S16 has the option of using its built in clock to connect to other IO boxes so a mixer is not required. The SD8 does not have a built in clock and therefore needs to receive an external clock from a mixer or S16 to work. Therefore, unfortunately you cannot use two SD8s as stand alone stage boxes as neither can provide a clock. You could connect an S16 to two SD8 giving you 16 inputs (S16) and then 16 outputs (2 x SD8).
      • Sep 22
  • New
    Soccerman58
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-22

Hi

I have 2 lead singers and I would like to try the dual mode Fairchild compressor as an insert

The manual is a bit thin on this, but as I see it I just have to load the compressor in the rack, click the insert button, select channels 1 and 2 from the dropdown list, then click the purple button for each channel. Can anyone confirm please?

Thanks

Phil

read more...
    0 6
    • Soccerman58
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Phil, yes that is correct.
      • Sep 22
    • Soccerman58
      Soccerman58 Great, thanks much!
      • Sep 22
    • Soccerman58
      Soccerman58 Hi again. So if the other 2 compressor plugin FX are only stereo, presumably I can only really use those on a stereo bus please? I guess the same question goes for the Pultec EQ clones too. I would like to try the Pultec as an insert on kick drum, but I suspect if I click the insert button and select Channel 10 from the channel list I will only get the EQ applied to either the left or the right side of the PA which would be silly. Thanks
      • Sep 22
    • Soccerman58
      Paul_Vannatto The other 2 compressors come in both dual (mono) and stereo, just like the Fairchild one.

Regarding your second question (Pultek EQ as an insert), I don't think you are understanding how an insert works. The kick signal will be a mono signal. If there is an FX inserted into the signal chain, the resulting (wet) signal will return as a mono signal to the signal path.
      • Sep 22
    • Soccerman58
      Soccerman58 Hi Paul. So I could use the Pultec on the kick if I want to give up an FX slot? Thanks.
      • Sep 22
  • New
    JeffSterling
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-09-21

Is there any way possible to use the XR16 as an audio interface?

USB stereo recording is all it seems capable of I am hoping some smart bugger out there figured a way to get that USB into Pro Tools. Right now We have a Mac Mini hooked up as a controller with the network connection and USB to the MAC, Pro Tools lists it in the interfaces pull down but not in the DAW set up. 

read more...
    0 15
    • JeffSterling
      Paul_Vannatto Unfortunately, that is not possible with the XR16. You would need to get an XR18 or X32 to provide multi-tracking to a DAW via USB.
      • Sep 21
      • XR16 recording via USB
        JeffSterling Thanks Paull, I knew this but was hoping some ingenious sole would have a work around if even just the stereo feed that the USB records be able to show up as a stereo input into the DAW... If not its drag and drop from the USB drive. it seems to be available as in interface in the pull down window. in Ptools.
        • Sep 21
  • New
    RexMiller
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-09-18

I've just created a new USER 01 on the XR 18 in X AIR Edit for a Mac.
    I put in 10Channels (10th being the L|R Main Channel.)
    After saving a "Scene and Snapshot" of everything, I closed it down then relaunched the program.
    When I went to load the USER 01, my MAIN L|R channel has disappeared, along with the 3x buttons "Select/Move/Resize". I've shut it down, rebooted my laptop, but they're still missing.
    I understand for Windows PC the settings are stored in the file X-AIREdit.init and you can fix the problem by editing the file and reducing the first number in the line that starts: -localprefs/user1 8 OFF 21 22 23 ... which is near the end of the file or to just delete the file and the X-Air Edit will recreate it when you start it again.

How is this done on a Mac where is the file located? Thanks 

read more...
    0 13
    • RexMiller
      DaveMorrison look at the "com.musictribe.X32-Edit.plist" under in your Users/Library/Preferences (~/Library/)
      • Sep 18
    • RexMiller
      RexMiller The only file I could find was com.musictribe.X-Air-Edit.plist. I deleted it , initialized the mixer and did a hard reset. User1 still uneditable. Came up with the same number of channels but empty unless I loaded a scene. Seems as though once it’s done, the mixer stores it that way permanently. Did not see any language in the plist referring to Utility User1. May have some plist elsewhere that I cannot find. Been very frustrating. This was mention 3 years ago and still nothing done to fix this.
      • Sep 18
    • RexMiller
      Paul_Vannatto What version of X-Air Edit are you using? Version 1.7 (linux) works fine here.
      • Sep 18
    • RexMiller
      RexMiller Using Version 1.7 on a Mac.
      • Sep 18
    • RexMiller
      RexMiller Finally got it working. Discovered that even after deleting the plist, initializing the system from Setup, then opening and closing the program, it does not create a new plist until a scene is loaded. So I deleted the plist, initialized the program and saved that as a scene. Closed then opened it and loaded the scene and I was able to edit the User1 again. After deleting some channels from it I then loaded my scene that I had from a previous setup and the User1 worked again. It is buggy how that works and whatever scene your in, the number of channels selected from the User settings never change unless edited. Even then it carries over from the last change. There is a limit to how many channels one can add before things disappear but I’m not sure what that number is. The software needs fixed for the User settings for sure.
      • Sep 18
Go to page