Statistics

268,843 members
148,479 posts
  • New
    ccampau
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-10

New MR18 user. So far so good. Trying to get the midi commands to work and I was able to get a mute and effects fader toggle working. I do all the mixing from the stage. I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to control other things with a midi controller (footswitch in my case). Specifically:

1) Toggle an effect insert

2) Route the LR outputs to Aux 5&6, toggle on, mute aux 6 and route aux 5 back to the Bus 5, toggle off.

Seems like there a lot of things midi commands could do but aren't a thing yet.

read more...
    0 10
    • ccampau
      Paul_Vannatto The MR18 "mother tongue' is OSC (via ethernet/wifi). Standard midi implementation is limited to fader, mute and snapshot control. But there is a feature to send most any OSC command using a Sysex hex string. Here is a link to the details.
      https://behringer.world/wiki/doku.php?id=x-air_midi
      • Jan 10
    • ccampau
      ccampau Is there any documentation on how to use OSC? Can it be assigned to a midi footswitch?
      • Jan 10
    • ccampau
      Paul_Vannatto As long as the midi footswitch can send sysex text string, you can send any OSC command. The SysexOscGen app has all of the X-Air/M-Air OSC commands available and can convert them to the required hex string format. (see the link above for details).

For example to enble channel 3 insert (turn on) it would be:
      OSC: /ch/03/insert/on ON
      F0 00 20 32 32 2F 63 68 2F 30 33 2F 69 6E 73 65 72 74 2F 6F 6E 20 4F 4E F7
      and to disable (turn off) it would be:
      OSC: /ch/03/insert/on OFF
      F0 00 20 32 32 2F 63 68 2F 30 33 2F 69 6E 73 65 72 74 2F 6F 6E 20 4F 46 46 F7
      • Jan 10
    • ccampau
      Paul_Vannatto I've also added the X-Air/M-Air OSC command list, found here:
      https://behringer.world/wiki/doku.php?id=x-air_osc
      • Jan 10
  • New
    emmanuelfor2
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-08

hi guys i need your help here, we just get a midas M32 with the stage DL32 and it was in stall on sunday which work very fine till service finish but. today after switching it on for service after some minutes the stage box started muting it self and unmute it self after every few minutes and i cant figure out what is going on with it can someone. please help if you have had this kind of problem before please it need to be sort out before sunday could it be the cat6 i use or what is the solution.

thanks in advance

read more...
    0 17
    • emmanuelfor2
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. It sounds like it's dropping in and out of sync. I'd start by checking a new cable. The cable spec should be Cat5e STP with Ethercon connectors. Also make sure both the M32 and DL32 have reliable power connections. Lastly, make sure the firmware on both units is fully updated.
      • December 8, 2021
    • emmanuelfor2
      Paul_Vannatto As Kyle mentioned, it is probably the AES50 cable that is doing it. Make sure that the cable is shielded cat5e, cat6 or cat7, has ethercon ends on each end of the cable and there is continuity between ethercons. If that is all correct, then unplug and plug the ethercon ends into the M32 and DL32 and make sure that they snap in. If all that doesn't solve the problem, make sure that the M32 and DL32 firmware are up to date.
      • December 8, 2021
  • New
    johnf52
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-27

Some "outlets" are listing both of these as DISCONTINUED but they are still in the online catalogue and to discontinue either of them unless they are to be replaced by Behringer "equivalents" seems very sort sighted.

Is this true and if so what is to be their replacements.  We have an M32 currently and were intending to add an MR18 to expand the flexibility on stage ie passing the output of the MR to a pair of channels on our DL and "recovering" 14 channels on the main board and mixing the MR from an iPad next to the main desk (it will mainly contain a drum sub-mix, so once set won't change much)

If we can no longer do this, please suggest alternatives.  We were hoping to remain "brand matched" so had not contemplated the Behringer XR18.

Thanks

John

Sound Tech Los Endos (Genesis Tribute)

read more...
    0 40
    • johnf52
      Paul_Vannatto Hi John, most "outlets" no longer carry the Music-Tribe product due to the change in distribution model. Now only super partners (Sweetwater in US, Cosmo Music in Canada, Thomann in Europe, Anderton in UK and of course Amazon) are official outlets. Most of these outlets show 6-12 weeks wait for MR18 stock (due to the global chip shortage and ongoing supply chain issues). An alternative is to get a Behringer SD16 stagebox, which seems to be in stock. Granted, the preamps are Midas designed (instead of Midas pro). But if it was used for non-critical inputs (eg. not vocals), you probably won't notice the difference.
      • November 27, 2021
    • johnf52
      johnf52

• November 27, 2021
  • New
    Sfazio
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-21

Hello musictribe community,

I am trying to route the outputs of two DL16 units that are connected to a M32C.  I would like to be able to have the 8 outputs on one DL16 routed to outputs 1-8 and the 8 outputs on the other DL16 routed to outputs 9-16.  I have the first DL16  routed out of the M32C AES50-A port into AES50-A of the DL16, and then the second DL16 routed out of AES50-B of the first DL16 into AES50-A of the second DL16 producing GREEN link lights for all. The first DL16 has been configured to Outputs 1-8 and the second DL16 has been configured to output Outputs 9-16.  The AES50-A tab has Outputs 1-8 selected for the first DL16 and Outputs 9-16 for the second DL16.  My inputs are showing up as desired, however only the DL16 that is configured for Outputs 9-16 is outputting correctly.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

read more...
    0 9
    • Sfazio
      GaryHiggins Sounds like your first dl16 is not set to the correct config setting, It should be set such that it is all the way counterclockwise as far as it will go, which would be the out 1-8 setting (no led lit) the second sounds like it’s set correctly to the +8 setting as it should be.
      • November 20, 2021
    • Sfazio
      Sfazio

Thank you for your response. I have confirmed that the first DL16 is set as recommended and still no success. Oddly enough, if I make my second DL16 outputs 1-8 and visa versa, they continue to work on the second DL16, but still not the first.

• November 20, 2021
      • M32C Output Routing with Two DL16’s
        GaryHiggins The only (few) things besides malfunction of hardware (and need for repair) ...does the firmware of the DL16's need updating? You have I assume checked the outputs 1-16 menu to confirm out 1thru 8 say what you intended? It may be worth changing aes50 cable, I have heard of odd things happening that come down to a defective cable being the culprit.
        • November 21, 2021
  • New
    the007goose
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-13

I've got my M32R connected via USb to my MBP, my computer monitors are connected via 1/4 into the talk back monitors on the M32R. How do I configure the M32R to play internet audio/itunes, etc thru the talk back monitor outputs?   Is there a better way to connect my monitors for this purpose? 

read more...
    0 8
    • the007goose
      Paul_Vannatto On the Routing, Inputs screen, assign Card 1-2 to the Aux In Remap. Then select the Aux layer of faders and raise the Aux 1/2 faders as well as solo those 2 channels.
      • November 13, 2021
    • the007goose
      the007goose

thank you so much!!!

• November 14, 2021
  • New
    TommyMuckleshoot
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-29

I think my DL 351 is toast,

When I connect it to any midas borad it acts like it is connected I see all 3 green lites and than it doesn't show any audio coming into the stage box or output anything. Anyone can help me? Also does midas havea phone number I can call to see what they can do?

read more...
    0 8
    • TommyMuckleshoot
      WilliamR Hello,
      Could you please submit a technical support ticket on the support link above and provide as much detail on the issue and your setup as possible? A tech support agent will get this sorted for you ASAP.
      • October 29, 2021
  • New
    davep54
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-07

I just need to know the configuration on the aes50 cabeling and and how to send all my  outputs from the dl32. I so far have no problem getting all the inputs to both consoles but the outputs are a problem.I wanted to ust xlr out 7 and 8 as my m32C foh mix output and 15 and 16 for x32  for foh in another room. Aslo wanted to send buss mixes 1-6 out of dl32 for monitor sends from x32.

Hope this make sense. This routing system makes no sense to me and I'm not new here.

I thought the newer firmware would make it easier and for inputs it does but I cant make sense of the output section.

read more...
    0 29
    • davep54
      Paul_Vannatto Unfortunately your description of your outputs is unclear. Also you didn't provide your interconnectivity mapping (how everything is connected together). For example:
      X32 [B] <-> [A] M32C [B] <-> [A] DL32
      • October 7, 2021
    • davep54
      davep54 I didn't provide mapping cuz that is what i'm looking for to start. then i need to figure how to get the routing where I need it. so I will explain again. I have an X32 at Foh that will get its inputs from DL32 at the stage. that x32 will provide house l+r and 6 monitor sends to stage where dl 32 is. Then I have an M32C at the stage that will get its inputs from the DL32 also. I need the M32C to send the its l + r outputs out of The DL 32 and the X32 Also to send l +r out plus the 6 monitor sends out of the dl32. The M32C is Basically mixing for a different room but all the outs from both boards ar coming from the dl32. Hope this is more clear.
      • October 7, 2021
    • davep54
      Paul_Vannatto Your second description is much clearer. The interconnectivity mapping I provided will work for your scenario. Give me a bit of time to work out the routing. Which console do you want to control the DL32 preamps?
      • October 7, 2021
    • davep54
      davep54 The X32
      • October 7, 2021
    • davep54
      Paul_Vannatto Here you go Dave.

Interconnectivity mapping ([A] and [B] are AES50 ports)
      X32 [B] <-> [A] M32C [B] <-> [A] DL32

X32 and M32C
      Routing, Inputs
      * Inputs 1-8 -> AES50 B1-8
      * Inputs 9-16 -> AES50 B9-16
      * Inputs 17-24 -> AES50 B17-24
      * Inputs 25-32 -> AES50 B25-32

Routing, Out 1-16 (setting up a bank of 8)
      * Output 1 -> bus 1 (post)
      * Output 2 -> bus 2 (post)
      ... (etc)
      * Output 6 -> bus 6 (post)
      * Output 7 -> Main L (post)
      * Output 8 -> Main R (post)

X32
      Routing, AES50 B (to M32C)
      * Outputs 1-8 -> Out 1-8 (X32 outputs)

Routing, XLR Out (outputs on the back of the X32 console)
      * Outputs 1-4 -> AES50 B33-36 (M32C outputs)
      * Outputs 5-8 -> AES50 B37-40 (M32C outputs)

M32C
      Routing, AES50 A (to X32)
      * Outputs 1-8 -> AES50 B1-8 (DL32 inputs)
      * Outputs 9-16 -> AES50 B9-16 (DL32 inputs)
      * Outputs 17-24 -> AES50 B17-24 (DL32 inputs)
      * Outputs 25-32 -> AES50 B25-32 (DL32 inputs)
      * Outputs 33-40 -> Out 1-8 (M32 outputs)

Routing, AES50 B (to DL32 outputs)
      * Outputs 1-8 -> AES50 A1-8 (X32 outputs)
      * Outputs 9-16 -> Out 1-8 (M32 outputs)

Typically the console closest to the stagebox has control of the preamps. To relinquish control of M32C to X32, select HA Remote AES50 A, on the M32C Setup, preamps screen.

If you want digital trims on both of the consoles, also select the HA Gain Split. That will mean that the X32 console will have to control the actual DL32 gains on its Setup, preamps screen.
      • October 7, 2021
  • New
    kylegbenson
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-28

I'm currently getting inconsistent performance on a couple of inputs on the DL16 Stage Box. Specifically, the overall gain levels drastically vary from week to week as it's used primarly on Sundays at church. To clarify, the parameters themselves don't vary, but rather I encounter significantly decreased input signal. I've ruled out mics and cables..i.e. input 1 causes trouble so I move it to input 9 and it's fine. Do you think a firmware update will solve this problem? My m32 console is current.

read more...
    0 16
  • New
    MaxGarcia
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-09-22

My dl251 needs service, I submitted a ticket but haven't received a response. Does anyone have a timeframe as to when I will get a response? Is Sweetwater the only authorized repair facity or are there others? I'm in Houston TX. 

Thanks in advance.

read more...
    0 24
    • MaxGarcia
      Nigel67 Hi MaxGarcia. I can only apologise that you have not received a reply to your ticket from us. If you could reply with your ticket number and I will investigate further. Please also check your Spam and Junk folders and our replies sometimes end up in these. Many thanks
      • September 21, 2021
      • warranty service
        Midas12 That's all you people due is apologize. You think this make it right ? You say your sorry and you do not fix the problem. You've had my property for 8 months. Still nothing from you.
        • December 5, 2021
    • MaxGarcia
      Nigel67 Hi MaxGarcia. I have found your case and it is one of the next to be answered. I am sure you will hear a reply from the Service Team today. Please make sure that you check your Spam and Junk folders at the end of the day if you haven't heard anything as e-mails sometimes end up in there. Again, apologies for the delay.
      • September 22, 2021
    • MaxGarcia
      tlbreaux99 Good Luck with getting reply in a timely fashion. I have been getting communication on an issue, but went an entire day yesterday with no update or response at all. Customer Service has really deteriorated
      • September 22, 2021
    • MaxGarcia
      MaxGarcia

I have been fortunate in that all my experiences have been positive throughout the years. I have upcoming shows I need my gear, I hate having to rent gear to cover what I've already purchased.

• September 22, 2021
      • warranty service
        Midas12 No Service
        • December 5, 2021
  • New
    jjfredrick
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-01

Is it plossible to save mix presets on SD Cards.  I am an audio enginner at the church that has 20+ band members that rotate in an out of the band each week.  Our church recently upgraded to a Midas M32, DL32, Hub4, and DP48 personal mixers and it would be ideal to be able to save each of their DP48 mixes to an SD card that can then be loaded on whichever DP48 unit they might be using in a given week they are volunteering.

Admittedly, I'm still getting up to speed on this system, so perhaps I have overlooked an easier solution, but welcome any insights and/or suggestions for managing this scenario.

read more...
    0 11
    • jjfredrick
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Jeff, yes you can save mix presets to either the 12 internal memory or 12 preset files on the SD card. Press the Setup and SD Rec buttons simultaneously and a menu will come on the screen with Load, Save, Delete, Read, Write, etc.). Select the Write, then one of the 12 group buttons to save to the SD card. It will save a file in the DP48M folder, such as dp48_sd_pre_01.bin (last 2 digits will be preset number). Selecting the Read, then one of the group buttons to load the desired preset from the SD card.

If you want to have specific presets affiliated to specific musicians, I would suggest you create individual folders on a hard drive named by the musicians' names and place the appropriate preset files in them. Unfortunately the files have to be named exactly as shown above, or the DP48 will not read them.
      • September 1, 2021
Go to page