Statistics

254,575 members
132,277 posts
  • New
    BCDurham
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-22

Hello,

1. Is it better to control my XR18 during a live gig through a wifi-connected (via external router) Android tablet or through a wifi connected (also via external router) PC (laptop)? 

2. Relatedly, is there some sort of priority one gets over the other? For example, if one person is making changes through the PC does the PC somehow block any changes another person puts in through their tablet or phone (changes to in ear monitor AUX outs, for example)?

3. Finally, can someone confirm that snapshots are saved in the mixer whereas scenes are saved in the controlling device? If so, if I save a scene in my laptop and call it up at the start of the gig, can I then move my controlling to the tablet and use the tablet during the gig? Then at the end of the gig would I have to start the laptop back up to save the gig's "scene"?

Thanks and sorry for the complicated questions. I am new and we gig tomorrow.

Brian

read more...
    0 21
    • BCDurham
      Paul_Vannatto 1. Yes that is the way I've been doing it for the past few years. For the android app, you should get Mixing Station and use a dual (or triple) band external router (use the 5Ghz band).
      2. No, there is no priority. But with Mixing Station, you can restrict control to a certain mixbus (for their IEM's, etc) and you can run unrestricted for the Main LR outputs.
      3. Yes, snapshot are stored in the XR18 (up to 64 of them) and scenes are stored on the device (eg. laptop) as scene files. What you describe is how I do it.
      • Fri at 3:11 PM
  • New
    SvenBurgis
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-21

Hello,

i really use many years Behringer Products, but in my and from sond engineers opinion e are missing new innovation. example Touch screen or optical connection between mixing and S16(Example). 

So how your next innovation?? 

Best Recards 

Sven Burgis

read more...
    0 9
    • SvenBurgis
      Dale_M Hi Sven I will pass your remarks over to the Behringer Design team, on a similar matter the new Midas HD96 has full touch screen.
      • Thu at 12:32 AM
    • SvenBurgis
      Paul_Vannatto The Behringer Wing also has a touch screen.
      • Thu at 5:39 AM
  • New
    BCDurham
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-19

One of many questions I have about my new Behringer XR18:

What is the difference between "FXSnd#" in the Sends tab and "Rtn #" at the far right of the Channel layout? 

Thank you!

0 3
    • BCDurham
      Paul_Vannatto The FX sends are buses that mixes channel (dry) signals to go to the respective FX engine (1-4). The resulting (wet) stereo signals from the FX engine come back as FX Rtn # to be mixed with the rest of the channels for FOH (Main LR).
      • Tue at 4:10 PM
  • New
    davep54
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-07

I just need to know the configuration on the aes50 cabeling and and how to send all my  outputs from the dl32. I so far have no problem getting all the inputs to both consoles but the outputs are a problem.I wanted to ust xlr out 7 and 8 as my m32C foh mix output and 15 and 16 for x32  for foh in another room. Aslo wanted to send buss mixes 1-6 out of dl32 for monitor sends from x32.

Hope this make sense. This routing system makes no sense to me and I'm not new here.

I thought the newer firmware would make it easier and for inputs it does but I cant make sense of the output section.

read more...
    0 22
    • davep54
      Paul_Vannatto Unfortunately your description of your outputs is unclear. Also you didn't provide your interconnectivity mapping (how everything is connected together). For example:
      X32 [B] <-> [A] M32C [B] <-> [A] DL32
      • Oct 7
    • davep54
      davep54 I didn't provide mapping cuz that is what i'm looking for to start. then i need to figure how to get the routing where I need it. so I will explain again. I have an X32 at Foh that will get its inputs from DL32 at the stage. that x32 will provide house l+r and 6 monitor sends to stage where dl 32 is. Then I have an M32C at the stage that will get its inputs from the DL32 also. I need the M32C to send the its l + r outputs out of The DL 32 and the X32 Also to send l +r out plus the 6 monitor sends out of the dl32. The M32C is Basically mixing for a different room but all the outs from both boards ar coming from the dl32. Hope this is more clear.
      • Oct 7
    • davep54
      Paul_Vannatto Your second description is much clearer. The interconnectivity mapping I provided will work for your scenario. Give me a bit of time to work out the routing. Which console do you want to control the DL32 preamps?
      • Oct 7
    • davep54
      davep54 The X32
      • Oct 7
    • davep54
      Paul_Vannatto Here you go Dave.

Interconnectivity mapping ([A] and [B] are AES50 ports)
      X32 [B] <-> [A] M32C [B] <-> [A] DL32

X32 and M32C
      Routing, Inputs
      * Inputs 1-8 -> AES50 B1-8
      * Inputs 9-16 -> AES50 B9-16
      * Inputs 17-24 -> AES50 B17-24
      * Inputs 25-32 -> AES50 B25-32

Routing, Out 1-16 (setting up a bank of 8)
      * Output 1 -> bus 1 (post)
      * Output 2 -> bus 2 (post)
      ... (etc)
      * Output 6 -> bus 6 (post)
      * Output 7 -> Main L (post)
      * Output 8 -> Main R (post)

X32
      Routing, AES50 B (to M32C)
      * Outputs 1-8 -> Out 1-8 (X32 outputs)

Routing, XLR Out (outputs on the back of the X32 console)
      * Outputs 1-4 -> AES50 B33-36 (M32C outputs)
      * Outputs 5-8 -> AES50 B37-40 (M32C outputs)

M32C
      Routing, AES50 A (to X32)
      * Outputs 1-8 -> AES50 B1-8 (DL32 inputs)
      * Outputs 9-16 -> AES50 B9-16 (DL32 inputs)
      * Outputs 17-24 -> AES50 B17-24 (DL32 inputs)
      * Outputs 25-32 -> AES50 B25-32 (DL32 inputs)
      * Outputs 33-40 -> Out 1-8 (M32 outputs)

Routing, AES50 B (to DL32 outputs)
      * Outputs 1-8 -> AES50 A1-8 (X32 outputs)
      * Outputs 9-16 -> Out 1-8 (M32 outputs)

Typically the console closest to the stagebox has control of the preamps. To relinquish control of M32C to X32, select HA Remote AES50 A, on the M32C Setup, preamps screen.

If you want digital trims on both of the consoles, also select the HA Gain Split. That will mean that the X32 console will have to control the actual DL32 gains on its Setup, preamps screen.
      • Oct 7
  • New
    robgwin
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-07

Hi all,

I am considering a stage setup where I would connect the balanced outs of an onstage Behringer XR18 to the house snake and ultimately to FOH mic inputs. I would be sure to attenuate the XR18 output to send a mic-level signal.

However, I'm concerned about the possibility of damage to the XR18 if FOH were to (perhaps accidentally) send 48v phantom power on those channels. I'm finding opinions on both sides of this question, but it ultimately seems to come down to whether the specific mixer has blocking caps on the outputs to protect against unwanted voltage.

Does anybody know if the XR18 outputs have such protection? Or how I might go about finding out? Haven't been able to find anything about this in Behringer documentation.

I know I can avoid the question entirely with DI boxes, but I'm trying to figure out if that's really necessary.

Thanks!

read more...
    0 6
    • robgwin
      Nigel67 Hi robgwin. Yes they do have protection on their outputs, but eventually this protection will fail if 48V is continuously applied to the outputs. The transient as the 48V is switched will be the main culprit for damaging the output circuitry. I would advise that if you know that there is a good chance the outputs are going to have 48V applied to them, then you should think about using DI boxes. Even the Pro consoles, no matter how much protection is built in to the output circuitry, are still susceptible to damage from unwanted 48V applied to them. I have repaired plenty.
      • Oct 9
      • Could Behringer XR18 outputs be damaged by unwanted phantom power?
        robgwin Much appreciated, thanks!
        • ·
        • Oct 11
  • New
    Soccerman58
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-05

Hi

I am interested in picking this up cheap because it has a big touchscreen, but the processor is only 1.8 GHz - will that be a problem please?

Has Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

Thanks

Phil

0 4
    • Soccerman58
      Paul_Vannatto Which Edit? Also don't rely on the thread title to provide info, since it is cut off.
      • Oct 5
      • Will a Dell Inspiron 22-3265 with an AMD E2-7110 APU and 4GB run Edit and a couple of rack gear management programs please?
        Soccerman58 Hi. Xair 18, sorry. Thanks Phil
        • Oct 5
      • Will a Dell Inspiron 22-3265 with an AMD E2-7110 APU and 4GB run Edit and a couple of rack gear management programs please?
        Soccerman58 Hi Paul. Could you take a look at my thread about trying to use LA2a as an insert please? I am now getting input and output, but still no needle movement. Thanks Phil
        • Oct 5
    • Soccerman58
      Paul_Vannatto You shouldn't have any issues running X-Air Edit, since it takes very little resources.
      • Oct 5
    • Soccerman58
      Soccerman58 Cool, thank you
      • Oct 5
  • New
    JuanDahmen
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-10-04

Hello.
    I recently bought two SD8 and a SD16 to use as XLR boxes in my studio and be able to conect the mics in several places of the recording room via one CAT5 cable to the control room. The thing is I can easily use one of them but can't get to record using the three on cascade.
    I have the AES50 A input conected to the A input on a SD8. The B of that SD8 conected to the A of the SD16 and the B of the SD16 to the A of a SD8. I entered the routing page and it detects the three boxes as in A mode (or channel or whatever). I then set the inputs as follows:
    1-8 to AES50 A9-16 (the SD16)

9-16 to AES50 A-17-24 (the SD16)

17-24 to AES50 A1-8 (the first SD8)

25-32 toAES50 25-32 /the second SD8)

It's so I have the first 16 inputs in the SD16 where my drums are.

In the X32 you can see the input signals correcly but when going to record in my MAC through the usb connection it all seems messed up and it only recognices some inputs...

Noting that I have 32 inputs enabled and have recorded them before using the XLR inputs of the X32. I use Ableton Live 10 on a MAC.

As always, thanks a lot for your time and support.

read more...
    0 17
    • JuanDahmen
      Paul_Vannatto That screen is meant to assign the inputs to the X32. To assign signals from the X32 to the Card, you have to use the Routing, Card screen.
      • Oct 4
      • Routing SD8 + SD16 + SD8 for recorging on MAC
        JuanDahmen Thanks for replying. As far as I see my CARD tab in the routing menu has only "expansion card outputs". Is that what you mean?
        I use version 4.06 in my X32
        • Oct 4
        JuanDahmen Aaaaaand despite saying card outputs and not inputs, it works now like a charm. Thank you a lot. Cheers :*
        • Oct 4
        ValeriuM_Trufin Because you select what signals the consoles outputs trough the card.
        • ·
        • Oct 4
  • New
    kylegbenson
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-28

I'm currently getting inconsistent performance on a couple of inputs on the DL16 Stage Box. Specifically, the overall gain levels drastically vary from week to week as it's used primarly on Sundays at church. To clarify, the parameters themselves don't vary, but rather I encounter significantly decreased input signal. I've ruled out mics and cables..i.e. input 1 causes trouble so I move it to input 9 and it's fine. Do you think a firmware update will solve this problem? My m32 console is current.

read more...
    0 8
  • New
    RichardDetwiler
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-26

The device will not power up.  I am using a Furman power conditioner

it is in a controlled studio.  (no moisture, sunlight, overheating).  

Powerlight comes on, then dims and flickers

The device doesn't work will not connect to wifi, nor register on the usb.

read more...
    0 34
    • RichardDetwiler
      Behringer Hi RichardDetwiler. If you need assistance with your Behrin ger products, the fastest and most effective way to directly reach our technical support team is at:

https://bit.ly/MT-CarePortal

- Diego
      • Sep 26
    • RichardDetwiler
      PedroRodrigues Hi RichardDetwiler before you submitting an assistance request directly with our Tech Support Team as stated above I would suggest to connect your unit directly to a wall socket and bypassing the Furman Power Conditioner to acess if the unit would operate correctly. Thank you
      • Sep 27
  • New
    Soccerman58
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-24

Hi

I was at a practice last night with a band I am mixing this weekend. They have a Driverack PA in the House signal path and a DBX feedback buster on the monitors. Neither of these was registering an input more than 2 bars and I think I need a stronger signal, especially for the house.

I have healthy enough signals at the input (I had to turn down a couple that were hitting the red a little) and I had all the faders set to 0 dB. I disabled a compressor on the L/R bus that was hitting way too hard, and that got be a bit more signal, but the input indicators on the driverack are still 3 bars shy of 0dB.

I'm thinking maybe put an LA-2 on the L/R bus and tickle it with some makeup gain?

Thanks. Phil

read more...
    0 8
    • Soccerman58
      Paul_Vannatto Double check your routing to make sure it is the Main LR you are expecting going to the Driverack PA. Also check the cables (yes they can go bad).
      • Sep 24
      • Mixer output is low
        Soccerman58 Hi. What should I be looking for please? I think I am good because if I select the Main bus and jiggle the slider, the PA volume goes up and down (as I would expect). But a double-check doesn't hurt. Thanks. Phil
        • Sep 25
Go to page