Statistics

261,078 members
139,751 posts
  • New
    johnf52
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-27

Some "outlets" are listing both of these as DISCONTINUED but they are still in the online catalogue and to discontinue either of them unless they are to be replaced by Behringer "equivalents" seems very sort sighted.

Is this true and if so what is to be their replacements.  We have an M32 currently and were intending to add an MR18 to expand the flexibility on stage ie passing the output of the MR to a pair of channels on our DL and "recovering" 14 channels on the main board and mixing the MR from an iPad next to the main desk (it will mainly contain a drum sub-mix, so once set won't change much)

If we can no longer do this, please suggest alternatives.  We were hoping to remain "brand matched" so had not contemplated the Behringer XR18.

Thanks

John

Sound Tech Los Endos (Genesis Tribute)

read more...
    0 8
    • johnf52
      Paul_Vannatto Hi John, most "outlets" no longer carry the Music-Tribe product due to the change in distribution model. Now only super partners (Sweetwater in US, Cosmo Music in Canada, Thomann in Europe, Anderton in UK and of course Amazon) are official outlets. Most of these outlets show 6-12 weeks wait for MR18 stock (due to the global chip shortage and ongoing supply chain issues). An alternative is to get a Behringer SD16 stagebox, which seems to be in stock. Granted, the preamps are Midas designed (instead of Midas pro). But if it was used for non-critical inputs (eg. not vocals), you probably won't notice the difference.
      • Nov 27
    • johnf52
      johnf52

• Nov 27
  • New
    Hodgy15
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-26

Anyone have any experience with the XR18?

I bought a refurbished one off eBay, ironically from  Music Tribe. It had to go back for repair because channel 4 wasn't working. Received back and now my outputs seem dodgy. On bus outputs 1 + 6 seem to have a lot of noise, 2-5 just don't work?!

Channel 17+18 don't seem to work and the headphone volume seems to make everything trip out. The main outs are very noisy too. It wasn't like this before it went for repair?! 

Help ?

read more...
    0 5
    • Hodgy15
      Nigel67 Hi Hodgy15. I am very sorry to hear that your XR18 is still not working after being back for repair. You need to contact the person that you were previously talking to and get them to take the unit back and repair it again. Can you just confirm the fault by making a factory reset, input a signal into one of the channels and check the outputs again. Do not load a show. To perform a factory reset, find the hole in the front panel by the access point. There is a switch behind the hole. With the unit powered, push something through the hole and hold the switch in for 12 seconds. You will feel the switch activate with a click. When you release the switch, the unit will have reset. If the unit still isn't working, then send in an e-mail to the person you were previously dealing with. Again, I am very sorry for this inconvenience.
      • Nov 28
  • New
    Sfazio
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-21

Hello musictribe community,

I am trying to route the outputs of two DL16 units that are connected to a M32C.  I would like to be able to have the 8 outputs on one DL16 routed to outputs 1-8 and the 8 outputs on the other DL16 routed to outputs 9-16.  I have the first DL16  routed out of the M32C AES50-A port into AES50-A of the DL16, and then the second DL16 routed out of AES50-B of the first DL16 into AES50-A of the second DL16 producing GREEN link lights for all. The first DL16 has been configured to Outputs 1-8 and the second DL16 has been configured to output Outputs 9-16.  The AES50-A tab has Outputs 1-8 selected for the first DL16 and Outputs 9-16 for the second DL16.  My inputs are showing up as desired, however only the DL16 that is configured for Outputs 9-16 is outputting correctly.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

read more...
    0 7
    • Sfazio
      GaryHiggins Sounds like your first dl16 is not set to the correct config setting, It should be set such that it is all the way counterclockwise as far as it will go, which would be the out 1-8 setting (no led lit) the second sounds like it’s set correctly to the +8 setting as it should be.
      • Nov 20
    • Sfazio
      Sfazio

Thank you for your response. I have confirmed that the first DL16 is set as recommended and still no success. Oddly enough, if I make my second DL16 outputs 1-8 and visa versa, they continue to work on the second DL16, but still not the first.

• Nov 20
      • M32C Output Routing with Two DL16’s
        GaryHiggins The only (few) things besides malfunction of hardware (and need for repair) ...does the firmware of the DL16's need updating? You have I assume checked the outputs 1-16 menu to confirm out 1thru 8 say what you intended? It may be worth changing aes50 cable, I have heard of odd things happening that come down to a defective cable being the culprit.
        • Nov 21
  • New
    sbaker4
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-14

Overnight my XR18 started doing this after months of working fine. Inputs 9-16 now have noticable white noise added early in the signal chain, mixed with the input signal.

The noise level changes when Mic Gain or the channel fader are adjusted.

The noise stops when the Channel Source is switched from Mic/Line to USB (or the channel is muted)

I've tried power cycling, upgrading the firmware to 1.18, and initializing the settings to factory through X-Air-Edit, all with no change.

Can anybody help with this?

read more...
    0 15
    • sbaker4
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. Unfortunately it sounds like it could be a physical fault, I'd recommend submitting a support ticket. Click on Support and then click on Care/Service to submit a ticket.
      • Nov 14
    • sbaker4
      sbaker4

Actually I just turned it off so that it could properly cool down and the problem has gone away! The weather is warming up here, so it looks like overheating is something I need to become aware of.

• Nov 14
  • New
    the007goose
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-13

I've got my M32R connected via USb to my MBP, my computer monitors are connected via 1/4 into the talk back monitors on the M32R. How do I configure the M32R to play internet audio/itunes, etc thru the talk back monitor outputs?   Is there a better way to connect my monitors for this purpose? 

read more...
    0 7
    • the007goose
      Paul_Vannatto On the Routing, Inputs screen, assign Card 1-2 to the Aux In Remap. Then select the Aux layer of faders and raise the Aux 1/2 faders as well as solo those 2 channels.
      • Nov 13
    • the007goose
      the007goose

thank you so much!!!

• Nov 14
  • New
    Sixmilewide
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-10

we have recently purchased a xr18, we have guitars,vocals and drums in through the preferred channel strips.

when we solo the bass channel to Eq it this works great, when we solo each individual drum to do the same the solo button acts like a mute.

does anyone know where we are going wrong.

read more...
    0 9
    • Sixmilewide
      Dale_M Hi there, we would advise testing the XR18 on another PC/MAC and see if the fault follows the unit, if you need further support please raise a Technical ticket from the Support tab above.
      • Nov 11
  • New
    Soccerman58
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-10

Hi

I have a Dual Leisurer compressor in Slot 4.

I have been having a problem getting the needle on the Dual Leisure compressor to deflect, even though I appear to have signal in and signal out. And I have the purple buttons lit indicating it is applied as an insert.

I've been wondering if I need to have to change anything in the SENDS view (Input, Pre EQ, Post EQ etc) please? I don't believe it will make a difference , but currently it is set to Post Fader, which I think is the default.

Similarly, I'm wondering if I need to have the FX4 channel fader up? Again, if I'm using it as an insert I don't believe I do, but I'm clutching at straws here.

Thanks

Phil

read more...
    0 2
    • Soccerman58
      Paul_Vannatto On the Dual Leisure FX, set the gain at about 50 and peak reduction at about 50 as a starting point. Adjust to get the meter deflecting as desired. If that doesn't work. export your scene to a file, save it to the cloud and share the link in your next post. That way we can have a look and better advise.
      • Nov 9
      • SENDS screen view when using Leisure as insert
        Soccerman58 I'll give it another shot this weekend. Thanks much.
        • Nov 10
  • New
    Soccerman58
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-09

Hi

I will be using an XAIR X18 this week and the singer has asked me about mixing his wireless in-ears from an  Android phone.

Would he need to download some Behringer software, or something from the App Store please?

Will the phone automatically find the mixer please?
    Thanks

Phil

read more...
    0 4
    • Soccerman58
      Paul_Vannatto You have a choice of the official X-Air Q or the third party Mixing Station X-Air (my preference).
      • Nov 10
      • Connecting wireless in-ears
        Soccerman58 Hi Paul. Which option is easiest to use please?
        • Nov 10
    • Soccerman58
      Paul_Vannatto I guess that is a matter of opinion. Since I've been using Mixing Station for over 8 years, that is my preference and find it easier to use than the official app.
      • Nov 10
  • New
    Soccerman58
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-09

Hi

I will be using another band's XAIR X18 this week and the band has been asking about running a long CAT 5 cable from the stage to my laptop running the mixing software.

I personally don't care because I don't wander around the venue, and I have had the rather alrming experience of the WiFi disconnecting on my XR18.

If we decide to go this route, do I have to do anything other than connect a standard off-the-shelf 50 foot CAT 5 cable that I can probably get from our work IT guy please?

Thanks

Phil

read more...
    0 3
    • Soccerman58
      Paul_Vannatto Correction. Standard cat5e cable works just fine. Ethercon connectors are not required (and will actually impede the ethernet connection).
      • Nov 10
    • Soccerman58
      Soccerman58 So I just connect a basic cat5e cable between the mixer and my laptop, open the mixer software and Bingo! - can it be just that simple???
      • Nov 10
    • Soccerman58
      Paul_Vannatto If you connect directly, you will have to make sure the laptop and mixer have the same subnet (first 3 numbers of the IP address) and unique 4th number. If you want to make it easy, put a router in between the laptop and the mixer, so that the router assigns the IP address to both.
      • Nov 10
  • New
    Soccerman58
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-09

Hi

I normally use an XR18 and I use  the band's IPad and my Windows laptop running the  Edit software to mix with.

This week I have to use an XAIR X18 with my laptop and an Android pad.

I need to know if the Edit software on my laptop will work OK  and what software do I need for the Android pad please?

Thanks

Phil

read more...
    0 5
    • Soccerman58
      Paul_Vannatto Get Mixing Station Pro. It is well worth the nominal cost IMO. I've been using it since 2013 and love it.
      • Nov 10
      • Correct software for XAIR X18
        Soccerman58 Hi Paul. I told the singer to download this app to his phone. I am happy enough with Edit for right now on my laptop for my band using the XR18 - but will Edit work with the X18 please?
        • Nov 10
    • Soccerman58
      Paul_Vannatto If it is just for mixing monitors, then Mixing Station (free) is quite adequate, unless you are doing outdoor gigs. For those, the pro version (with the high contrast color theme) is invaluable. Yes X-Air Edit will work fine with any X-Air console. I use it all the time.
      • Nov 10
    • Soccerman58
      Soccerman58 I know Mixing Station Pro is third party software, but as you recommended it I downloaded it to my android phone just so I have access to the EQs (I have Edit on my laptop with a 23 inch touchscreen, but the screen is not good at doing the pinch thing on the eq). I don't see how to connect it to the router - can you help please? Thanks Phil
      • Nov 10
    • Soccerman58
      Paul_Vannatto If you have the Mixing Station X-Air Pro app, the connection is on the first screen. You can either have the app search for the console or put the IP address in. If you have the newer Mixing Station Pro (that combines all console models together - eg. X-Air, X32, Wing, etc.) the connection is on the second screen.
      • Nov 10
Go to page