Statistics

294,766 members
177,895 posts
  • New
    LudovicRoux
    Contributor - Level 1
    2022-05-26

Hi there,

I'm controlling a MR18 with a X-Touch, and despite I found most of shortcuts, I don't see how to switch the 48V on my microphone inputs without using the app on PC or iPad. Is there a way to do it only with the X-Touch ?

read more...
    0 5
  • New
    Capera
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2022-05-22

More and more I encounter problems with connectivity. My WING has latest firmware, but in the venues I visit, older stage boxes are at hand with unknown firmware versions. Owners don't allow me to update their stuff, what can I do?  I am desperately searching for a comprehensive compatibility matrix that tells me what desk version (X32, M32, WING)  is working with what stage box version (S16, DL32 etcetera). Please help. Actually, I want this info included with every update zipfile. I mean, having stuff is one thing, maintaining it becomes a critical issue now. I am pleased with the firmware update support pages, but having knowledge is becoming more and more important!

read more...
    0 12
    • Capera
      Paul_Vannatto You should either insist that the owners keep their stageboxes up to day (firmware) or bring your own stagebox to the venue.
      • May 22
    • Capera
      elcholo5 i just buy 2 wings and 3 sd16 and i cant make it work together as 1 in foh and the another in monitor how can i make it work?
      • Jun 3
    • Capera
      Paul_Vannatto elcholo5, stop posting multiple times to other's threads that are not related to your question. Start your own thread (discussion) and we will try and help you.
      • Jun 4
  • New
    Churb
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-21

I can get channel signal to and out of the main board from the SD box but you have to turn the Gain up to a min of +18 to get any signal. then of course it is totally distorted and clipping. I suspect that the box is defective somehow as all the pre amp chanels behave the same. The outputs work fine?

Any advise on what I might be doing wrong?

read more...
    0 10
    • Churb
      CraigFowler Gain splitting enabled? If so it would mean you were adjusting the digital trim on each channel, instead of directly adjusting the actual preamp. Check Setup>Preamps.
      • May 22
  • New
    MikeDrennan
    Contributor - Level 3
    2022-05-20

Hello all...

Small freakout here.  I bought a new X-Air 18 specifically as a travel mixer to play at a wedding next month.  I was rehearsing with it, no problems for. week.  Suddenly, none of the analog inputs will take a signal.  USB returns work fine, any mic plugged into any input will not register on a channel set to the same analog input.

I have plenty of experience with both the X32 and the Wing, so I'd like to think it's not something stupid I'm overlooking.  It was working fine last week.  Definitely panicking a little here.

read more...
    0 25
    • MikeDrennan
      Paul_Vannatto In all likelyhood the channel sources (on the Input screen) are all set to USB Return. Change to Analog Input on each channel strip. That is one feature that is unique with the X-Air/M-Air consoles
      • May 20
    • MikeDrennan
      MikeDrennan

Can anyone help? This is very distressing. I need this unit on June 11. Before I contact the seller and consider trying for a replacement, has anyone ever experienced a scenario where ALL of the analog inputs fail together? Is it even possible? It was very difficult to find an XAIR, so much so that I had to order from Gear4Music in the UK.

• May 20
    • MikeDrennan
      MikeDrennan You can see in this screenshot that my mixer is connected to my laptop. You can also see that channel 1 is patched to input 1 and the gain is turned up. I have an XLR cable plugged into input 1 on the front of the mixer with a dynamic mic. No meter, no signal. I have tried different inputs, different sources, power cycled and hard reset the XR18.
      • May 20
    • MikeDrennan
      Paul_Vannatto That looks like a hardware problem.
      • May 21
    • MikeDrennan
      CraigFowler +48V?
      • May 21
  • New
    r1o2b3
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-05

I experience a high frequency hiss through my Mackie Thump speakers when connected to my X Air 18, which I don't get through other mixers.

I can reduce it somewhat through the Main L and R EQ, but it's not a fix.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

read more...
    0 9
    • r1o2b3
      Dale_M Are you able to try another speaker/s to see if the problem follows the XR18? It may be best to raise a Technical ticket via the Support tab above.
      • May 5
  • New
    lufebatera
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-29

Hello Guys!

I have a m32c using a DL32 on a EAS50A and a SD8 on a EAS50B.

On a DL32 I have 3 in ears system, and the idea is to use a third in ear system using the outputs from the SD8.

Im having a hard time, struggling to route one of the busses to the outputs from the SD8.

if somebody can help me, I do appreciate it, ok?

thank you

read more...
    0 230
    • lufebatera
      Paul_Vannatto According to your image, I don't see any in ears connected. What mixbuses are you using for the in ears and what outputs (from DL16 and SD8) are you wanting them connected to? Also what is the output switch set to on the SD8? Also what does Lufao and Gera mean?
      • Apr 29
      • ROUTING IN EAR SYSTEM ON TWO DIFFERENT EAS50 A AND B
        lufebatera Lufao and Gera are drummer and Keybordist. Just replace the B215D active loudspeakers on the right picture for PSM 300, and the pretend the F1320D Active Monitors are anothers 3 set of PSM300. That image is from the SD8 instructions. thank you one more time Paul
        • Apr 29
      • ROUTING IN EAR SYSTEM ON TWO DIFFERENT EAS50 A AND B
        lufebatera
        • Apr 29
    • lufebatera
      Paul_Vannatto OK, assuming that you are using the first 8 mixbuses (bus 1-8) for the 4 stereo outputs for the IEMs,
      On the M32C Routing, Out 1-16 screen, assign the following
      * Output 3 -> Mixbus 1 post fader
      * Output 4 -> Mixbus 2 post fader
      * Output 5 -> Mixbus 3 post fader
      * Output 6 -> Mixbus 4 post fader
      * Output 7 -> Mixbus 5 post fader
      * Output 8 -> Mixbus 6 post fader

On the Routing, AES50 screen, assign the following
      * AES50 A1-8 -> Out 1-8

Make sure the output switch on the side of the SD8 is set to Out 1-8. That will make the DL32 outputs 1-8 the same as the SD8 outputs

Plug the first IEM pair to output 3/4
      Plug the second IEM pair to output 5/6
      Plug the third IEM pair to output 7/8
      • Apr 29
  • New
    IanMcLaws1
    Contributor - Level 1
    2022-04-29

Hi Folks,

Help! :)

After several years of having no issues running my XR-18 with an external router, all of a sudden the console no longer shows in the connect box, and entering in the address to it does not connect.

Background of how I have tried to resolve:

1. Direct connect to the mixer with LAN cable - this works, and I am able to set config on the console, but cannot connect via WIFI

2. Reset the network settings, set the LAN connection to DHCP, connect to router, router shows device connected and identifies it properly, but computer (wired to router or wifi) does not "see" it in the connect window, even if IP assigned by router to the console is entered.

3. Rest mixer to factory settings, direct LAN connects but using as access point (no external router) tablet and computer connect without issues to console (XR-18.XX.XX physical), but still Xedit app does not see it in the connect window, even if IP added.

4. Every support vid talks only about how to connect, and they all say "the mixer will pop up in the connect box". Nope....it does not, though I have connected directly to the console as an access point, connected the console to the house WIFI as a client, and connected to an external router . All connection types work perfectly....but the app fails to see the router to connect to it in the app.

Any ideas?

read more...
    0 16
    • IanMcLaws1
      IanMcLaws1 Also: In case the app install was the issue, have tried with three different devices, including one for which the app had never been loaded. Also, firmware is current (1.18) Thanks in advance!
      • Apr 29
    • IanMcLaws1
      Paul_Vannatto Make sure that the ethernet switch on the XR18 is set to ethernet. Also replace the ethernet cable between the XR18 and router (yes they can and do go bad).
      • Apr 29
      • XR-18 not showing in XEdit "connect" box
        IanMcLaws1 Confirmed, and I have switched out the cable several times. Still no luck.
        • Apr 29
        IanMcLaws1 The router shows the connected device, so I know the ethernet connection is working. And..same issue if I use the access point built in. The connection is there, but it does not show up in the "connect" box in XEdit.
        • Apr 29
    • IanMcLaws1
      Paul_Vannatto Are you using the latest version of X-Air Edit (1.7)?
      • Apr 29
        IanMcLaws1 Yes, just downloaded and installed on the third device, to make sure there wasn't an app issue on the first devices.
        • Apr 29
        IanMcLaws1 Just checked version, latest available in the app store is 1.65, and and on Behringer.com is 1.5. No 1.7 I can see...
        • Apr 29
    • IanMcLaws1
      Paul_Vannatto What are the IP addresses (for XR18 and computer)?
      • Apr 29
    • IanMcLaws1
      IanMcLaws1 I have tried static, in the same range as the router (192.168.1.144), DHCP, (it gets 113) and different addresses for the laptop. I'm a network engineer, I have tried both statis and dynamic non-conflicting, and working with both the mixer AP and also the router config.
      • Apr 29
  • New
    Oggan
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-27

I'm trying to get my Pro1 working with a DL231 but when I patch the AES50 channels to the inputs on the desk the gain pot for all of these channels dissapears from the GUI on the console. Any help would be great thanks! 

1 21
    • Oggan
      Dale_M Hi there, are you sure they've patch the DL231 to the inputs and not to something else like the tape returns or directi in? If you have checked this and it is still not happening, try hitting the safe scene, close the show then build a new (test) show and see if the patching now works. If not, please send your showfile on a Techncial ticket to us via the above support tab.
      • Apr 28
    • Oggan
      Oggan

Hi Dale. I figured it out. I needed to hit the 'config' tab in the patching window and select the DL231 as the AES50 device. The AES50 panel need to display the name of the stage box being used (Not generic 'AES50'). There are some Midas videos online with instructions on how to set up the DL231 but for some reason none of them have this important detail. Happy to have figured it out though and thanks for your reply.

• Apr 28
      • No gain pot on Midas Pro 1 when using DL231
        Dale_M No drama.
        • Apr 28
  • New
    BCDurham
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-25

Hello,

Can some of you confirm that I am setting gains levels in the XR18 correctly? Here is my process for each channel used, starting with channel 1:

1. Select channel 1.
    2. Set the channel 1 fader to unity (i.e., 0.0).
    3. Select the “Channel” tab at the top of the interface.
    4. Have the musician going into channel 1 perform as s/he would in a live performance.
    5. As the musician performs, adjust the Mic Gain so that channel 1’s channel input signal averages -18.0 dbfs. This is displayed in the dbfs scale at the far left of the interface.
    6. When the channel input signal averages -18.0 dbfs, the gain is set and the process is done for that channel. The channel's fader is then used to boost/lower it in the main mix.
    7. Do the same thing for the rest of the channels in use.

I am pretty sure this is correct, but I am unsure about step 2: does the channel's fader have to be at unity (0.0) when setting gain? I seem to remember seeing that somewhere but now I don't remember and I can't find any resource that says that. Is the channel's main fader independent of the gain setting process and thus it (the channel's main fader) can be at any level (-15.0, +10.0, etc...) while the channel's gain is being set?

Thanks!

Brian

read more...
    0 15
    • BCDurham
      Paul_Vannatto The channel fader has no effect on the gain setting. So it can be anywhere.
      • Apr 25
    • BCDurham
      JeffRusin You are usually fine that when your game is set up -18 which is correct that your fader most likely will end up at unity anyway but no you do not have to set it at unity. But if for some reason your slider is at the bottom of its track or with the top that would not be a good thing
      • May 10
  • New
    WesLoper
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-19

it seems hat the app is outdated and will not connect to the xAir.

0 10
Go to page