Statistics

293,635 members
176,660 posts
  • New
    kenpoboy
    Contributor - Level 1
    2022-02-07

Does the xr18 have a harmonized effect??

0 15
  • New
    RayGill
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-05

Good afternoon friends at Music Tribe.

Fresh install of SD8. No audio out X32 Compact channel sliders.

SD8 switch set to 17-24. 

X32 sync is green.  Channels 17 - 24 assigned to AES50 A 17-24.  Scribble strips show A.  Attached pic.

Is there something else on the X32 I need to configure?

Thanks,

Ray

read more...
    0 64
    • RayGill
      Paul_Vannatto The SD8 switch is to configure the outputs, not the inputs. If the SD8 is the only stagebox connected to the X32 Compact's A port, it will automatically be the 1-8 inputs. Change the 3rd block of 8 from AES50 A17-24 to AES50 A1-8 and you will get your signals.
      • Feb 5
      • SD8 No Sound on X32 Compact
        RayGill Good morning Paul. RE: X32 Compact more microphones. The SD8 in previous questions was added to our fellowship hall. If we added another SD8 (Daisy-chained) for more microphones in the auditorium/sanctuary, would those be controlled separately, I.E., channels 25-32 on the X32? Thanks
        • Apr 14
    • RayGill
      RayGill

Wow! Thanks Paul.

• Feb 5
    • RayGill
      RayGill

Hi Paul. I'm heading over to try. And oh, what of phantom power and gain? The 48v switch on the X32 doesn't connect (light up). In poking around, I think on the pre-amp page, I noticed settings for 48v and gain.

• Feb 5
    • RayGill
      Paul_Vannatto If you have the assignments as AES50 17-24 and you don't have any other stagebox daisy chained to the SD8, there will be no preamp control (gain and phantom) since those preamps don't exist. Remember that the preamps are physically integrated with the XLR input jacks. All you are doing from the X32 is controlling them remotely.
      • Feb 5
    • RayGill
      RayGill

It works! Woohoo. I reassigned the 3rd block of the AES50 to A1-8. 48v and gain are also effective. Thanks again.

• Feb 5
  • New
    Hirsute
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2022-02-04

Hi guys, am upgrading from an x32 to a wing - also mix occasionally on a pro2.

If it's possible in a software update - could we please have ...

DCA spill

Touch / motion sensitive faders - ie. auto select 

Keep up the good work....!

N

read more...
    0 3
  • New
    dschamus
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-30

I have an OLD keyboard that does not have USB MIDI, but just 5-Pin DIN in/out connectors.

How do I set up the Behringer XR18 to pass music data out on the USB cable to Pro Tools.  THe keyboard (Yamaha PSR 510) is the only MIDI device

Dave

read more...
    0 15
  • New
    macakolo
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-28

I had my SD16 for 6 months now.  It suddenly appears with high-frequency noise even nothing connects to that particular channel.  After long troubleshooting, we can conclude the noise came from when we enable 48V power to the channel.  It starts from ONLY one channel, and now we spot 3 channels that have the issues.

Can anyone advise a resolution and confirm when we enable that 48V power, is there any additional settings require on the SD16?

read more...
    0 14
    • macakolo
      Paul_Vannatto I would say you have a hardware issue and suggest you click on the Support (above) and fill in a repair form to create a ticket.
      • Jan 28
  • New
    BobMillard
    Contributor - Level 1
    2022-01-25

Is it possible to record from the XR 12?  Would like to connect to a pc with studio one 5.  What interface could be used?

0 13
    • BobMillard
      Paul_Vannatto The USB port on the XR12 is for USB sticks only. It can record stereo (2 track) to the USB stick. To record to a computer, you would need to upgrade to the XR18
      • Jan 25
  • New
    AlanStew
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-01-22

HI Have anyone got any advice please? 

one of my s16 has stopped working looks like its not powering up. there is power to the unit and i have checked the fuses in the unit and on the power supply board but nothing lights up.

if not does anyone know of a repair centre in the uk?

thanks

read more...
    1 24
    • AlanStew
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. Please contact our Care/Service team. First click on the Support button at the top of the page and then click Care/Service and submit a ticket.
      • Jan 23
    • AlanStew
      Nigel67 Hi AlanStew. Please contact EMS or Ampman and they will be able to repair your unit for you. Many thanks

ELECTRONIC MUSIC SERVICES
      30 East Street
      South End On Sea
      United Kingdom SS2 6LH
      +44 (0) 1702 613172
      [email protected]

Ampman Audio Services
      Unit 17, The Enterprise Centre
      Cranborne Road
      Potters Bar
      Hertfordshire
      EN6 3DQ
      Telephone: +44(0)1707 246 546
      Email: [email protected]
      • Jan 23
    • AlanStew
      Timturtles

Must be something in the air... Mine has just done exactly the same. Dead on power up.

• Mar 5
  • New
    Stevenfly
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-17

Hi @ all,

I bought an XR18 mixing console. Unfortunately, I cannot connect to my Macbook Pro via the USB output of the mixer. The mixer is absolutely not recognised by my Macbook.
    The mixer's firmware is updated to version 1.18.

The operating system of my Mac should be Big Sur (11.6.2).

Is this a known problem and can anyone possibly help me.

Thank you in advance.

Greetings Stefan

read more...
    1 18
    • Stevenfly
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. First I'd say test a different USB cable and port. Then try another computer. If none of those steps are successful you should contact our Technical Support team. Click on Support and then Technical Support to submit a ticket.
      • Jan 17
  • New
    djfunk14
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-15

Kicking myself for not registering within 90 days (or it would still be under the 3yr warranty) but just short of 2 years my SD16 has nothing coming out of the outputs. Power and AES50 light comes on without issue. Inputs all work just fine but no output. I'm sure it's not a config issure as I've tried everything under the sun. The mixer is definitely sending signal as I'm able to see it on the meter and replicate the output to a local bank of 8 outputs on the x32 mixer.

As the final troubleshooting attempt, I replaced a known working SD16 in a working setup with the one to troubleshoot, and sure enough, none of the 8 outputs on the SD16 were picking up anything. I've cracked the unit open, checked all the connections and did a quick inspection for any blown caps or damage but couldn't see anything. I then put it back together and had the same results. 

This thing was used for a few months initially with no issue, then sat in my basement as a backup for the better part of a year and a half until I was able to get another X32 to use it with. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

read more...
    0 18
    • djfunk14
      Paul_Vannatto Did you check the output bank switch (near the AES50 ports) to make sure it is set to what you want (eg. 1-8)?
      • Jan 15
  • New
    ccampau
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-10

New MR18 user. So far so good. Trying to get the midi commands to work and I was able to get a mute and effects fader toggle working. I do all the mixing from the stage. I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to control other things with a midi controller (footswitch in my case). Specifically:

1) Toggle an effect insert

2) Route the LR outputs to Aux 5&6, toggle on, mute aux 6 and route aux 5 back to the Bus 5, toggle off.

Seems like there a lot of things midi commands could do but aren't a thing yet.

read more...
    0 20
    • ccampau
      Paul_Vannatto The MR18 "mother tongue' is OSC (via ethernet/wifi). Standard midi implementation is limited to fader, mute and snapshot control. But there is a feature to send most any OSC command using a Sysex hex string. Here is a link to the details.
      https://behringer.world/wiki/doku.php?id=x-air_midi
      • Jan 10
    • ccampau
      ccampau Is there any documentation on how to use OSC? Can it be assigned to a midi footswitch?
      • Jan 10
    • ccampau
      Paul_Vannatto As long as the midi footswitch can send sysex text string, you can send any OSC command. The SysexOscGen app has all of the X-Air/M-Air OSC commands available and can convert them to the required hex string format. (see the link above for details).

For example to enble channel 3 insert (turn on) it would be:
      OSC: /ch/03/insert/on ON
      F0 00 20 32 32 2F 63 68 2F 30 33 2F 69 6E 73 65 72 74 2F 6F 6E 20 4F 4E F7
      and to disable (turn off) it would be:
      OSC: /ch/03/insert/on OFF
      F0 00 20 32 32 2F 63 68 2F 30 33 2F 69 6E 73 65 72 74 2F 6F 6E 20 4F 46 46 F7
      • Jan 10
    • ccampau
      Paul_Vannatto I've also added the X-Air/M-Air OSC command list, found here:
      https://behringer.world/wiki/doku.php?id=x-air_osc
      • Jan 10
Go to page