206,976 members
78,989 posts
  • New
    psingletary
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-15

I have a problem with one of my P16-M mixers. The problem I am having:

1. Output of the mixer is mono only.

2. Putting a channel pan (any channel) in the center turns the channel off.

3. Panning the signal either direction gives volume, but mono output only.

Otherwise, the mixer appears normal - no unusual lights, etc. I have reset the individual channels, as well as the 'main/solo/mute while powering' reset.

Does anyone know of any other reset options that may be done on these? Thanks.

read more...
    0 8
    • psingletary
      Paul_Vannatto 1. What mixer are you using? How do you have the mixer and P16-M connected?
      2. and 3. Are you adjusting the pan on the mixer or the P16?
      • 9 hours ago
    • psingletary
      psingletary This is the PowerPlay 16 digital mixer connected to the P16 (P16-I ?) unit via cat5 cable. I have 3 other P16-M units and all are functioning normally. Just this one unit is acting up. I am adjusting the pans on the P-16-M mixer. https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0421
      • 6 hours ago
    • psingletary
      Paul_Vannatto Those are important details for troubleshooting, since it rules out the use of the digital mixers, such as the XR18, X32, Wing, etc. that connects directly to the P16 (no P16-I required) but does have P16 routing and settings in the mixer itself.

Since you are using the P16 pan and it is only the one unit acting up, it would suggest that there is a hardware issue in that unit. I would suggest you submit a ticket (click on the Support above).
      • 5 hours ago
  • New
    JasonSims
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-14

Just started this project

we have a Midas Pro 2 c and Beringher p16's.  How do I route this?  Or how do I connect via Ethernet?

it won't recognize the P-16

0 3
    • JasonSims
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Jason, the P16 uses the Ultranet protocol, which the Pro 2C does not have. The only possible option that I can think of is to get a P16-I and connect it to 16 outputs of the stagebox(s). The P16-I will convert these outputs to the Ultranet which can feed the P16-M's.
      • Thu at 2:48 PM
      • Help! How do I get p-16m to work with a Midas Pro 2 C
        JasonSims Thank you, I was afraid you would say this. I would think that by now AES50 protocol would be compatible at this point to ultranet. With a 5 figure $ console you would think it would work with the p16 like a cheaper x32 or m2.
        • Thu at 3:05 PM
    • JasonSims
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Jason, AES50 cannot be "compatible" to Ultranet. AES50 is 48/48 channel bidirectional protocol whereas Ultranet is 16 channel single directional protocol. That said, the X32/M32 stageboxes use AES50 and converts the last 2 banks (33-48) to an Ultranet port on the back. Unfortunately those stageboxes only work on 44K and 48K (not 96K).

Are you aware of the Midas DP48/Hub4 line of personal monitors that uses the AES50 (instead of Ultranet)? Unfortunately it doesn't currently work with the Midas Pro consoles due to the 96K samplerate.
      • Thu at 4:15 PM
  • New
    andyp13
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-12-31

I have a DP48 for my IEM and the other guys in the band are using P16's. I also have the S16 in aes50-a. So for that reason my DP48 is connected to aes50-b.

if I record a sound check the guys using the P16's can then adjust their personal mix without having to do any re-routing at the X32(rack). However, it seems that this can not be done for the DP48. As far as I am aware I would have to re-route to playback the soundcheck so I can adjust my IEM mix???? or am I mistaken, is there a way I can play back without having to re-route (and then having to re-route again to be able to use IEM for the actual live performance?

please email me as I will probably never find this discussion again. (The most confusing forum ever designed).

[email protected]

thanks.

read more...
    0 6
    • andyp13
      GaryHiggins Andy, it might be easier if you posted your scene file. You can use dropbox or similar and post the link to your file here. Not really clear on what the routing issue is but you should be able to do what you wish. Off the top of my head you could include aes50 33-48 (by default unless changed is P16) as part of your DP48 mix and at least hear what they do. Something to experiment with anyway.
      • December 31, 2020
      • DP48 Playback for mixing IEM
        andyp13 Hi Gary, thanks for the reply and sorry if my post is a little confusing... all I was hoping to do was to do a soundcheck with the band and record it in my X32, then play it back as a virtual soundcheck to be able to get my inEar mix right, however it appears that if I wish to do this I have to go into the menus of the X32 and route some of the settings so I can play it back and hear it in the DP48, then put all the settings back ready to use it live....the guys using the P16’s don’t need to do that.....I got the DP48 as I wanted more channels but I think it will need to be returned as the last thing I want to do before a gig is to have to play about with the routing settings ? gutted.
        • December 31, 2020
        GaryHiggins It seems as though maybe you need to setup your DP routing of aes50 ch’s such that you are able to listen to the same sources as the band is. IF they can hear the recordings ok with p16’s, you need to be able to hear the same sources they hear as a mix on the DP48. You shouldn’t have to re route to do that. P16 uses aes50 33-48 by default for the sources and at the chosen setup tap point. So include aes50 ch’s 33-48 as a mix or part of a mix, on the DP48. What do you use now on your DP48 to listen to? You should be able to save a setup and recall it on the DP pretty easily. Save your current live mix to use when playing out or once your mix is right for a certain gig/recording. If you can post your current scene it would be easier to see the issues and help without a lot of back and forth and maybe me not creating more mud than clarity. Paul V has a lot more experience with the DP48, maybe he can suggest a fix.
        • Jan 1
        andyp13 Hi Gary thanks for the reply, I just came across your reply by accident on Google as I’m still trying to find out some info before I return the DP48, I didn’t get an email notification so had no idea I had a reply... - this forum is a joke, along with it being very slow, laggy and confusing... if you can help my email is [email protected] as the chances of me finding this thread again would be very very slim. I can use the DP48 to listen back to the P16 channels without having to do any re- routing for record and playback ..but as it only gives me 16 channels I may as well just keep my P16 or if I need more channels use an iPad....
        • Jan 1
        GaryHiggins I didn't mean JUST those 16 ch's but making those ch's also part of your DP 48 mix. What ch's do you use now? Not sure why you would be listening to different sources or tap points than the band, but rather adding others that they can’t (because of their ch limit) yet still including their 16 with yours. Really seeing the specific scene and routing would help, it could be something completely different.
        • Jan 2
  • New
    joshtew
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-26

I have been trying to get the talkback function on the DP48s to work but found that once they are daisy chained together these units will not be able to go into the talkback mode.

I was wondering why 1 of the units was able to show TALK when I press and hold the MIC button but not the others. After much trial and errors I realised that when the units are daisy chained, they will not go into the TALK mode.

I managed to cause 1 DP48 to hang when I turned on a downstream unit before turning on the source DP48, the unit goes into TALK mode after I press and held Mic button but it got stuck and doesn't return to main screen after I let go of the button. I had to restart the unit.

Seems like a bug in the firmware? Or is it a requirement for the DP48s to be directly connected to HUB4 without any units connected to its thru port but this is not documented.

read more...
    0 18
    • joshtew
      gabehizer Where did you see TALK displayed? When I press the MIC button, I only see a large "MIC" displayed on the left panel of the DP48. This DP48 is plugged directly into the X32 AES50 port B, so no daisy chaining involved. Does it only work if you have the HUB 4?

I followed these instructions:

• Talkback signal will be exchanged between all DP48 mixers and M32 consoles via CH48

• Automatic configuration if Talkback is active:

o Add CH48 to assignment of Group 12

o Rename Group 12 to ‘Talkback’

o Activate ‘MIC +20dB’ in Setup

• Configure Talkback in Setup, press and hold MIC button to speak
      • December 26, 2020
      • DP48 Talkback Function(FW1.9)  not working with daisy chained units
        joshtew It is shown on the DP48 display when I press And Hold the Mic Button.
        • December 27, 2020
  • New
    joshtew
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-26

There is currently no way to assign a name to the saved preset slots(FW v1.9), from a management point of view this is a problem as musicians may not remember which slot they saved their preset to and slots will get used up pretty quickly and things get messy when musicians end up overwriting another's preset slot.

Please do add in a feature to name the preset slots for easy identification, and to edit the name as well.

read more...
    0 4
  • New
    than8329
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-21

Hi there! My name is Thanos and I'm a sound enginieer-designer and I'm using the midas DP48 personal monitor for three months now and I'm satisfied. The problem is that the musicians need the mute function sometimes because I'm changing the inputs from the midas DL32 stagebox or I'm changing the instruments. Everytime I warn them to turn off the master volume because the mute function does not exist. Is there something better than this??? Is it available a firmware update with the mute function???

read more...
    0 16
    • than8329
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Thanos, the mute function is on the wishlist. No ETA at this point.
      • December 21, 2020
    • than8329
      joshtew I am facing this problem too!

With default routing method of direct out connections from channels to AES50, muting the channels on the mixer doesn't mute any of the personal monitors nor analogue outputs from Hub4. I have stage monitor speakers connected to Hub 4 analogue outputs and this is sending the pop from cable connection/disconnection straight through!

Will be helpful to have the option of tapping from "IN/LC +M" tap point.

Will a feasible workaround be to send the guitar channels through P16 segment tapped from channels at "IN/LC +M" tap point?
      • December 26, 2020
      • DP48MUTE FUNCTION
        MichaelIvey Well Joshua another solution to this dilemma until it's an actual update from Midas would be to use a suggestion that resolved the issue "DP48 Playback for mixing IEM" used. What was suggested was making a LIVE A Snippet and a PLAYBACK B Snippet. The LIVE A Snippet can serve as the boards routing when Performing, Shows, and Recording. The PLAYBACK B Snippet could serve a dual purpose. Not only to route the card signals back thru AES50B for the DP48 but also since none of the LIVE A Input Channels are connected the board nor the speakers nor the IEMs will pass thru the "POP" because it's not routed.
        • Jan 4
  • New
    GregWarren
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-12-17

Hello,

I have 6 DP48s and have 2 Hub4s being shipped as we speak.

My question, will I need 6 ethernet cables from the 2 Hub4s to each of the DP48s to power them (PoE) OR can you use 1 ethernet cable from the hub4 to the first one and then daisy chain them and get power to them without having to use the ac adapters?

read more...
    0 25
    • GregWarren
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Greg, if you want PoE, you will need 6 cables. The Thru AES50 jack on the DP48 does not supply the PoE, similar to the P16-M.
      • December 17, 2020
    • GregWarren
      GregWarren Okay...thanks...now how do I setup the IEMs with the hub 4s? What ports on the back do I use?
      • December 17, 2020
    • GregWarren
      Paul_Vannatto Looking at the back, from right to left are the ports outputs (1-4), mix A and B. Ports 1 and 2 mix A are XLR and the rest (port 1/2 mix B and all of port 3/4) are 1/4" TRS. You also need to enable each port output by pressing on the respective port button on the front panel (just below the Port 1-4 label).
      • December 17, 2020
      • Midas DP48 & Hub4
        GregWarren Ethercon shielded 5e or 6a?
        • December 18, 2020
      • Midas DP48 & Hub4
        Paul_Vannatto Hi Greg, shielded cat5e is getting harder to find here (in Canada). I have a mixure of shielded cat5e, cat6a and cat7. Anything that works between Behringer/Midas consoles and stageboxes should work with the Hub4 and DP48.
        • December 18, 2020
    • GregWarren
      MichaelIvey Hey Douglas. I feel your frustration as I did the same method you did and got the same results time after time after time. But here's what changed. Instead of saving the file in Excel where I created it I saved it to my Desktop. When given the option of the format to save it in I selected CSV UTF-8 (Comma delimited) (*.csv) again saving the file to my Desktop. Hope this works for you.
      • December 19, 2020
      • Midas DP48 & Hub4
        Paul_Vannatto What has this to do with our discussion here about the Hub4 and DP48?
        • December 19, 2020
  • New
    Rastoff
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-02

I'm completely new to the DP48 and having an issue that I can't figure out.

To add names to the groups, I've created a single line .csv file, comman delimited, and imported the names. For some reason the name for group 1 is blank. I've tried creating the file in Excel and Notepad with the same results using each.

For example, this is the file I created:
    Keys,Mic 1,Mic 2,Mic 3,Bass,Drums,HH 1,HH 2,Gtr 1,Gtr 2,Click,Pads

When I import this, I see this on the screen:

HH 1
    Mic 1        HH 2
    Mic 2        Gtr 1
    Mic 3        Gtr 2
    Bass         Click
    Drums      Pads

I can't figure out why "Keys" is blank.

read more...
    0 17
    • Rastoff
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Douglas, what DP48 firmware are you using? I just tried your csv line on a DP48 here (with firmware 1.8) and it loads the group names correctly (including the first name). I would suggest you update (or re-install) to 1.8 and try again.
      • December 2, 2020
      • DP48 Group Names?
        Rastoff Thanks Paul, but I loaded 1.8 last night and still have the same issue. I have 4 DP48s and have tried this on two of them. I will try a different SD card and see if that makes a difference.
        • December 2, 2020
    • Rastoff
      MichaelIvey Hey Douglas. I feel your frustration as I did the same method you did and got the same results time after time after time. But here's what changed. Instead of saving the file in Excel where I created it I saved it to my Desktop. When given the option of the format to save it in I selected CSV UTF-8 (Comma delimited) (*.csv) again saving the file to my Desktop. Hope this works for you
      • December 19, 2020
  • New
    ScottRogers
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-11-12

Hi all.

I'm having difficullty getting the routing sorted with my Powerplay 16.  I have the stereo out feed coming out just fine from Logic.  I'm having difficulty getting it to play nicely with the UAD Console, though.  It only wants to give me the stereo mix and not the individual channels in the Console.

Can someone help me with the routing?

I'm attaching imaged of my routing in Logic and my routing in the UAD Console.

Thanks in advance!

read more...
    0 16
    • ScottRogers
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Scott, there's something missing in your post about how you have Logic connected to the P16.
      • November 11, 2020
      • Trouble with Routing in a Powerplay 16
        ScottRogers ADAT out of an Apollo 8 and another 8 channels coming out of another converter (I'm in between units right now; my Ferrofish Pulse 16 arrives tomorrow, replacing an RME ADI 8).
        • November 11, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Still something missing, since the Powerplay P16 has Ultranet input only.
        • November 11, 2020
    • ScottRogers
      DavidKnighton Hello ScottRogers,
      What exactly are you using to get from Logic to the P16-M? We would presume you're connected to an X32/M32 console, but how exactly is it all connected and routed?
      • November 12, 2020
    • ScottRogers
      ScottRogers Apologies. I’m using a P16-I to feed to the P16-M. I hadn’t realized there was any other option for using the system.
      • November 12, 2020
        DavidKnighton Hello Scott, so you're using the ADAT input on the P16-I, correct? I believe the issue you're having is going to be the routing from UAD. The P16-I in this scenario is just spitting out what the UAD is giving. For this, I would recommend jumping over to the UAD forums, as we cannot support the UAD product directly. If I had some working knowledge on UAD products, I'd be glad to help, but unfortunately we don't really specialize in their product knowledge.
        • ·
        • November 12, 2020
        ScottRogers Hi David. I'm certain that the issue is the routing out of either the UAD console or in Logic, and I have gotten some help configuring it this far via UAD and Logic forums. I just wondered if maybe someone on this forum may have the same configuration, since it's far more likely I'd find someone in a forum for Powerplay users who might also have an Apollo and use Logic. Ah well.
        • November 12, 2020
  • New
    raymielson10
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-11
    MARCA: BEHRINGER
    MODELO: MEDIA 40USB
    0 10
    • raymielson10
      WilliamR Hello, William from Musictribe here. If you click on the support tab and create a parts ticket, someone can help you out with this
      • November 11, 2020
    • raymielson10
      WilliamR Hola, William de Musictribe aquí. Si hace clic en la pestaña de soporte y crea un ticket de piezas, alguien puede ayudarlo con esto.
      • November 11, 2020
Go to page