Statistics

173,367 members
40,760 posts
  • 2020-07-30

Hello,

I am repairing this amplifier and find no schematics for it, are they available ?

I just need to repair the internal power supply.

Thanks.

0 5
    • Gaetandebacker
      Paul Vannatto Unless you are an authorised service depot, the company does not provide schematics or service manuals. I would suggest you click on Support (above) and submit a service ticket.
      • Jul 30
    • Gaetandebacker
      Gaetandebacker Many thanks. I am trying but no way: they ask for the model but no way to write in the space. I can choose the trade but not the model. And then it say I have to choose a model. This web is hard to work with !
      • Jul 31
  • 2020-07-25

On my old Behringer P16Ms, I could assign signals from channels post EQ. With the DP48, when I'm assigning the channels using AES50, I am guessing I am tapping the raw signal from source probably after gain but pre effects. I figured I could still tap the 16 channels from Ultranet to get post-eq settings. And it looks like I can tap another 8 via the Aux Out assign (assuming I don't need the physical/digital outs).

Does that mean I'm limited to tapping 24 channels post EQ? Or am I missing some optionality for routing signals post effects.

Thanks!   

read more
    0 7
    • Kevin Wright
      Gary Higgins Hi Kevin, you also have outputs 1-16, so its 38. 16,16 and 6 if dealing with an X/M32. It's a little worse with a Wing as you can only get post effects sends by using the "User" menu which is limited to 24 ch's
      • Jul 25
      • MIDAS DP48 - Tapping monitor signal post EQ
        Kevin Wright Thought I'd replied but I don't see it here.

I hadn't thought of the Outs 1-16. Obvious oversight! Thanks for that, Gary. We're using 12 of the outs for monitors, matrix/crossover outs but that gives us another 4. Cheers!
        • Jul 25
  • 2020-07-23

Hello,

We have an SD8 connected to an X32 Compact on AES50A port and then the DP48 connected to the AES50B port of the SD8.  On v1.3 the X32 saw that the DP48 was connected and we were able to select the channels for group assignments plus receive audio. We updated to v1.5 to use the broadcast group assignment that we set up using the Library > AES50 setup screen.

SETUP:

• X32 COMPACT CONNECTED TO SD8 ON AES50A
    • 1 DP48 CONNECTED TO SD8 AES50B PORT
    • SD8 AES50A INPUT = 17-24 OUTPUT = 9-16 (15/16 are L/R)
    • AES50 CONFIGURATION - AES B OUTPUT BANKS 
      • LOCAL 1-8; LOCAL 9-16
      • AES50A 17-24; AES50A 25-32
      • AUXIN 1-6/TB
      • P16 1-8

We have the following issues after updating to v1.5 WITH DP48 connected through the SD8.

1. The X32 does not see the DP48 connected to AES50B through the SD8. The X32 only sees the SD8 connected on AES50A

2. We can manually assign channels to groups, however, the DP48 does not see any audio from any channel

3. We cannot change the SETUP > REMOTE option from OFF to ON

When we connect the DP48 directly to the X32's AES50B port all the above issues do not occur.  We went through loading older versions into the DP48 from 1.5, 1.4, to 1.3 and the issue still persists. Each time the DP48 was reset and initialized. At this point our DP48 is bricked when connected to the AES50B port on the SD8. Connecting it directly to the AES50B port on the X32 defeats the purpose of the unit unless we purchase another 100FT CAT6 shielded ethercon cable.

NOTE: Prior to update we were able to receive audio on the DP48 when connected to the SD8. This included inputs on the SD8 as well as the X32 Compact.

Any idea why we are having this issue? Your help is appreciated.

read more
    0 7
    • vmorgan
      Paul Vannatto Yup, you are assigning the desired outputs on AES50-B screen, when the SD8 and DP48 are connected to the AES50-A port...
      • Jul 23
    • vmorgan
      vmorgan Ok. I can understand that. However, even after erasing the settings I still do not see audio for an input channel that has audio coming through the mixer and/or the SD8. Also the REMOTE - ON option that allows the DP48 to receive the broadcast setting is locked at OFF and unchangeable.
      • Jul 23
      • DP48 and SD8 Connection Issue
        Paul Vannatto Regarding the Remote ON, did you press the encoder? It is working fine here.

Regarding the input channels not showing in Edit and Assign modes when DP48 is connected through the SD8, you are correct. It isn't working. I will report this to the developers.
        • Jul 23
  • 2020-07-23

Looking for a multi-use mixer mostly for live performance and need it to allow individual monitor mixing for IEMs.  Does the x18 allow individual mixing in the app for the different aux outs?

0 2
    • martianrebel
      Rex Beckett Yes it does. The built-in Wifi access point has a limit of four users but, if you use an external router (recommended), you can have many more devices connected. There are control apps available for Windows, macOS, iOS, Android and Linux.
      • Jul 23
      • Noob question:  Does the x18 allow multiple users to mix?
        martianrebel Brilliant. Thanks. What kid of external amplifier would you recommend if I am using passive main speakers or is it best to go to powered speakers?
        • Jul 23
      • Noob question:  Does the x18 allow multiple users to mix?
        Rex Beckett I prefer active speakers. There are many good designs of these where the amplifiers and crossover filters are perfectly matched to the drivers. They also often have built-in limiters to protect the electronics and drivers against overloads.
        • Jul 23
  • 2020-07-23

Hi,

I have a few MIDAS DP48s for the band members. Running them from X32/M32 mixers. Been able to import group names and manually program groups. But I have not been able to figure out how to use the Auto Assign by group or color features. Do you need a HUB4 to use this capability?

Also, I found an AES50 Group name assignment feature in the Library section of the X32-Edit software. I can input the information there but don't know how to push it out to the DP48. Does it also require a HUB4 to allow this feature to work?

Thanks!

Kevin

read more
    0 11
    • Kevin Wright
      Paul Vannatto Hi Kevin,

Are you getting the channel names and colors in the DP48 via AES50? If so the auto assign by color should work (based on those channel colors). I haven't used that feature for over a year now.

The AES50 section of the library should work (as long as you are using X32 firmware 4.02 and DP48 firmware 1.4). You need to put the DP48 in slave mode (in the Setup). Then in the AES50 library (of X32) select broadcast to A or B (depending on which AES50 port you are using for the DP48)
      • Jul 22
    • Kevin Wright
      Kevin Wright Thanks, Paul. I really appreciate the quick answer. I had firmware 4.01 on the M32C and the new 1.5 on the DP48. Update the first. My issue might have been that I forgot to turn on the internal clock on the M32C (usually it is slaved to the X32 as a monitor mixer). I was able to get it to both pick up the auto assign and the library broadcast features. Worked beautifully!

I had another question about where to tap the signal but I'll start another thread to create a separate headline.
      • Jul 24
      • MIDAS DP48 Auto Assign Groups by Name/Color
        Paul Vannatto Ah yes, 4.01 had issues. Updating to 4.02 will help. Glad to hear you got it working. I'll watch for your other thread.
        • ·
        • Jul 24
        Kevin Wright Another thought came to mind. When I first tried it, it was from my X32. But I had the DP48 daisy-chained after our SD16 stage box. Does the stage box potential strip out the channel messages from the X32. I think I recall reading that the DP48 should be wired first (which seems risky). And if that is the necessary to allow the channel messages to reach the DP48, how much latency would each box add to the signal in the chain (we have 3)?

Sorry for all the questions! I'm finding it hard to get clear answers online since the product is so new.
        • Jul 24
        Kevin Wright I'm back in the practice room testing. It seems the stage boxes are the problem. When I put the AES50 directly in to the DP48, the broadcast works. With my two SD16s in between, the message does not reach. I notice the latest DP48 firmware talks about allowing name commands to go through stage boxes (I have 1.5 installed). I suspect I may have to update the firmware for the SD16s. Will give that a try and report back.

Thanks again for your help, Paul.
        • Jul 25
  • 2020-07-12
    I have a Midas Pro2c and my musicians use the new DP48. I want to be able to talk to my musicians dp48s. Suggestions on how to make that happen? We used to be able to do it through our line 6 in-ear packs.
    0 4
    • Brett Clark
      Paul Vannatto If you are using the latest DP48 firmware (1.4), you can use AES50 chan 48 (both directions) as talkback. At least we can with the X32/M32 and Wing.
      • Jul 12
    • Brett Clark
      Nigel Turner Hi Brett, the DP48 only works at 44.1 or 48K whereas the PRO2C is 96K. You would need a DN9650 with an AES50 card to downsample from 96 to 48K. The channel info (LCD scribble colour/name/icon) from Pro Series is not shared to DP48 via AES50.
      • Jul 13
  • 2020-07-09
    Hello all, I just got a DP48 which I am super excited to use! I did have a question about the compression settings. From what I can tell the only control over the amount of compression is a percentage. Is there a way to see and change the more in depth settings of the compressor, such as knee and ratio?
    read more
    0 14
    • keeganmccarthy
      Paul Vannatto The percentage of compression is the only control available. All other settings are fixed internally.
      • Jul 9
  • 2020-07-07
    Dear friends of the tribes I'm using the DP48 as a headphone monitor mixer in the studio with the M32R and a DAW running on a stationary computer, no big issues, BUT I also do gigging and tracking in rehearsal rooms and live, and for that purpose, I made a nice portable rig, with the same studio quality, by using the DP48 as a mini mixer with a DL16 , a KT DN9630 and a macbook. The latter DN9630 and macbook when tracking. For live performances, I intended to use the SD card player of the DP48, which also is the mixer and I/O for FOH and monitor through the DL16. Now for every firmware update, Midas has managed to remove functionality, add new features and introduce new errors. All the struggles I've had with AES50 on this unit, is a separate story (upstream/downstream bugs, distortion, mandatory 8 ch AES50 out instead of the 4ch, now using up all the DL16's outputs etc.), but right now, with firmware 1.4 it seems as the AES50 A & B finally works as described, but now the SD card playback doesn't give any sound. It is recording and it's also playing back, but no sound. Output source A and B are selected and the volumes are up :-) Anybody tried this? I'm not able to play live with the SD card now, do I have to wait for firmware 1.5? It seems as Midas/Behringer don't do proper functional tests before firmware releases - do You remember the M32 fader speed thing :-) Any help most appreciated Best regards Niels
    read more
    0 26
    • YTS82Z
      David Knighton Hello YTS82Z. This has been reported and confirmed as an issue with 1.4 firmware. A fix is already on the way. I have reports that the issue is not present on earlier firmware, so you may be able to downgrade the firmware in the meantime while waiting for the new update.
      • Jul 9
      • DP48 firmware 1.4 No SD card playback?
        YTS82Z Hi David. That's good news - Thank You.. As Nigel subsequently points out, it seems the problem will be solved within short, so I will wait for the official update. By the way, earlier fw revisions, e.g. version 1.3 also had its flaws, namely some issues in the AES50 streams when daisy chaining, which I do, so that ain't the way for me :-)
        Best regards
        Niels
        • Jul 10
    • YTS82Z
      Nigel Turner Hi YTS82Z, I have a Beta version with a fix in that has been tested and confirmed fixed. if you would like to try this I would be more than willing to e-mail it over if you are interested. It is a Beta version though but we would be interested to have someone external test it and see that all the bugs are fixed. Send me your e-mail address if you are interested. I am told that this Beta candidate should be ready for release Monday or Tuesday next week, so if you could hang on til then.
      • Jul 9
        YTS82Z Hi Nigel. Thank You for fast reponse, it's most appreciated. Since I'm up for vacation next week, I will wait for the official update to be released. I will give You a feedback, when I've tried it out.
        Best regards
        Niels
        • ·
        • Jul 10
    • YTS82Z
      Josh Gibson Just saw that version 1.5 is up on the website and should fix this issue.
      • Jul 17
        YTS82Z Hi Josh
        • Jul 18
        YTS82Z Thank You I will try it out this weekend. Best regards Niels
        • ·
        • Jul 18
    • YTS82Z
      YTS82Z Hi all
      FW 1.5 is released, and it corrects the SD card playback issue. When I got the time, I'll check, that other functions remain okay as well. Thank You Midas/Nigel for fast action on this, it's most appreciated.
      Best regards
      Niels
      • Jul 22
  • 2020-07-07
    I own the Behringer K10S Audiophile Studio Subwoofer, and the on/off switch is located at the back and bottom rear of the unit. "Is it ok to just leave it on Vs. having to always have to bend over and manually pull the unit from under my desk to use it"?
    read more
    0 2
  • 2020-07-07
    I own the Behringer K10S Audiophile Studio Subwoofer, and the on/off switch is located at the back and bottom rear of the unit. "Is it ok to just leave it on Vs. having tp always have to bend over and manually pull the unit from under my desk to use it"?
    read more
    0 1