Statistics

241,557 members
117,848 posts
  • New
    BobDaley
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-26

Hi. Just bought 2 B105D monitors (still waiting fir the mic stand mounts). 

I am plugging this into my Behringer X2442 PA for a monitor, through the main in and subs on my PA , and it is terrible.

crackly sound, sounds distorted, no real volume. Who can help me walk through this issue?

thansk in advance 

read more...
    0 6
  • New
    GregWarren
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-07-19

I have 6 DP48s and they've been rock solid until last Sunday when we used them. I had some completely drop all signal coming into them. It seemed like 1 worked and the rest dropped out. They eventually reconnected but that's a no-go when you're using a click track. Suggestions?

My signal chain: Midas M32>AES50B>DP48>DP48>DP48>DP48>DP48>DP48

read more...
    0 13
    • GregWarren
      GregWarren I did some digging around and found that my firmware was woefully behind on the dp48s. It was 1.5 and I updated to 2.2. My 2 DL16s were 2.4 and I update to 2.5 and my Midas M32 is 4.02 so I think we're good there. I will have practice Wednesday and update if I have more signal loss.
      • Jul 19
    • GregWarren
      Paul_Vannatto Hey Greg, are you using proper AES50 cable (shielded with ethercon ends)?
      • Jul 19
      • Dropout on DP48
        GregWarren I'm running shielded cable but it's not ethercon.
        • Jul 20
    • GregWarren
      Paul_Vannatto Hey Greg, Brian Wynn proved to us (back in 2013) that the ethercon ends are very important in shielding the cable from ESD (electrostatic discharge) which results in AES50 dropouts. So if you have low humidity, this may be the source to your dropouts.
      • Jul 21
  • New
    JeffGastineau
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-07-10

Is there a description (or video) of the AES50 RETURN Routing from the DP48? I'm not sure what is coming back and how those signals are assigned, especially with multiple DP48. I would like the DP48 to provide wireless IEM mixes that are transmitted at the Stage Box Rack.

My configuration is M32 AES-B > DP48 > DP48 >  DP48

M32 XLR outs 1-8 to IEM transmitters

Thanks

read more...
    0 6
    • JeffGastineau
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Jeff, in each bank of 8 (per DP48), the signals are:
      1 - Mix A Left
      2 - Mix A Right
      3 - Mix B Left
      4 - Mix B Right
      5 - Ambient mic
      6 - Not Used
      7 - Line In Left
      8 - Line In Right

This is where the Hub4 makes it much simpler to setup for wireless IEM. It can be configured to output the Mix A and B of each of the 4 DP48 that are connected to outputs on the back of the Hub4. It also provides POE and talkback (using the DP48 internal mic - press and hold).
      • Jul 10
  • New
    Johnnyh64
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-02

Want to purchase a Midas DP48 monitor system because our band uses the M32r.  However, personally I also own a Behringer XR18 that uses Ultranet instead of AES.  I see in the marketing info that it says that the DP48 works with all Midas and Behringer digital mixers, being that the XR18 is a Behringer digital mixer, I wonder if this is true.  Does anybody have a definite answer to this question as I'd love to use the DP48 with my Behringer XR18 as well.  Thank you!

read more...
    0 24
    • Johnnyh64
      Paul_Vannatto No the DP48 does not work with the X-Air or M-Air consoles, since they do not have the AES50 (which the DP48 requires)
      • Jul 2
  • New
    MikeWazowski
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-18

I can send a Source from anywhere to one of the AES50 C 48 Channels. 

I would really like to send a processed channel, so for my vocals they might want to have how the console if processing their voice, so EQ, Compression, maybe ever like than8329 asked for Mutes to work.

Currently for my Pastor / Leader Mics I need to send these through a mixbus so that they are muted in songs otherwise the Musicans will hear them singing which can sometimes be 'interesting'.

I would hate to take up all the Mix Busses to be able to send processed channels to the DP48's

read more...
    0 25
    • MikeWazowski
      Paul_Vannatto Use the User In patch screen. Assign the Pastor's mic to a User In (post fader) channel. Then assign the User In channel to the AES50 output for the DdP48
      • Jun 18
  • New
    AndyLanham
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-17

I am trying to put effects into my vocal mics on my P16 in ear system. There doesn't seem to be a way to do it as a mix with channel out. Any help would be appreciated.

0 29
    • AndyLanham
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Andy, which console are you using with the P16? Instructions for sending FX to P16 differs between consoles.
      • Jun 17
    • AndyLanham
      AndyLanham

x32

• Jun 18
    • AndyLanham
      Paul_Vannatto On the Routing, Ultranet (or P16) screen, assign the appropriate FX return, such as the FX1L and FX1R for the first FX return (wet signal).
      • Jun 19
      • p16 effects
        AndyLanham yes but that makes it all effects with no main and doesnt sound good. delays have a mix option but not halls or chamber reverbs.
        • Jun 19
      • p16 effects
        AndyLanham thanks for responding btw
        • Jun 19
    • AndyLanham
      Paul_Vannatto You could setup one of the FX slots just for the P16, simply by disabling the FX return, Main LR. That way you can send to that FX the way you want it to sound in the P16.

Yes that is correct that all reverbs do not have mix options in the X-Air/M-Air as well as the X32/M32.
      • Jun 19
  • New
    ecfsanjose
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-06-17

On WING + DL32, how many DP48s can be daisy chained without issue? I could use the second AES port  off the WING or the through connection from the DL32 stagebox.

Thanks

Matheos

0 44
    • ecfsanjose
      Paul_Vannatto I think the answer is the same as to how many P16 can be daisy chained - we're not sure.
      • Jun 17
    • ecfsanjose
      DavidKnighton Hello ecfsanjose,
      I'm not sure if there is an exact number, but I know at some point there was a class full of X32/M32 that were all daisy chained, between 30-40 mixer without issue. That being said, you should probably make use of a HUB4, because 1 bad cable link can disrupt the whole AES50 stream. A HUB4 will distribute up to 4 separate streams for better management.
      • Jun 17
    • ecfsanjose
      ecfsanjose Thanks Paul, David
      • Jun 17
    • ecfsanjose
      joshtew Do note that talkback function doesn't work between daisy chained DP48s.
      • Jul 7
  • New
    LuisRicardoGonzlezDehesa
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-17

Ayuda, no entiendo muy bien el inglés, pero alguien me puede ayudar a oirdenar esta pieza? MAIN BOARD FOR P16-M SPARE PART P0421 PCB ASSEMBLY 2 H HI REAR A09-42100-00008

muchas gracias por su ayuda

No. part Q05-42102-00108

read more...
    0 29
  • New
    than8329
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-15
    does anyone know if a new firmware came out for the dp48 to mute the channels from the console ?? I had asked before
    read more...
    0 16
    • than8329
      DavidKnighton Hello than8329,
      Are you suggesting muting the DP48 channels from the X/M32 or WING? I'm pretty sure you can already do this, so long as the channel is a DIRECT OUT. Realistically though, the DP48 is intended to be a stand alone mixer, to where the master console had as little effect on the signal as possible.
      • Jun 15
    • than8329
      joshtew Don't think so, I am still using the workaround with P16 channels to select post Mute signal for guitars in order to avoid the annoying and potentially damaging pops when guitarists plug in/out their guitars.
      • Jul 7
  • New
    MikeWazowski
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-14

I can send DP48 Group Names and Channel Assingments from an X32 in Library.

How do I do this from the Wing, the options are not the same the the Library?

0 23
    • MikeWazowski
      Paul_Vannatto They have not yet developed the DP48 Library function on the Wing. Instead create a text file called "names.csv" with the group names (max 8 characters each) delimited by commas and place this file in the DP48M folder in the SD card. Insert the card into the back of the DP48 and go to Setup, Group Names and import the names.

An example of the group name string is as follows:
      John Vox,Paul Vox,George Vox,Ringo Vox,Keys,Guitar 1,Guitar 2,Bass,Drums,,,
      • Jun 14
Go to page