Statistics

305,513 members
189,822 posts
  • New
    Mick1951
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-15

Hi folks. First let me say that I am a musician/singer, not a sound tech so please take it easy on me. Our sound tech recently changed from a Presonus to the Behringer XR18. The Presonus came with an app that allowed me to connect via my iPhone and set my own personal levels on my ear monitors. My questions are two. First, is there a Behringer App that allows me to connect and set my own personal ear monitor levels? Second, if not, is there a third party app recommended, or if failing that, what is the community's thoughts on the best one among third party apps.

Thanks for being patient with me, I'm a good end user but not a good tech.

read more...
    0 20
    • Mick1951
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Mick, yes there is the official app for personal monitor mixes called MX-Q. But the 3rd party app, called Mixing Station is far superior (with a minimum cost). The one advantage of Mixing Station is if you ever have an opportunity to provide music at an event that has the X32, M32, Wing, Soundcraft, A&H, etc., Mixing Station can be used for those as well. All you have to do is pay a minimum fee for additional licence.
      • Mar 15
  • New
    Gordimus
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2022-02-04

Do you sell replacement covers for the battery compartment. 

0 21
  • New
    Clayton335
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-03

Our S16 snake died and we replaced it. After reconnecting to the Powerplay 16 system, we had limited connection. In-ear monitors worked but we have two hotspots that do not work. Is there something we need to do after installing the new digital snake?

read more...
    0 27
    • Clayton335
      Paul_Vannatto By "Powerplay 16 system" are you meaning the Behringer P16-M personal mixers? If so, what console are you using?
      • Feb 3
      • Powerplay 16 Connection Issues
        Clayton335 We have a Behringer x32 run to the Behringer S16, then to the Powerplay 16 system with personal monitor stations.
        • Feb 4
    • Clayton335
      Paul_Vannatto It sounds like a routing issue. Are the P16's connected to the S16 Ultranet port or the one on the back of the X32?
      • Feb 4
  • New
    Ben792
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-26

I hope this is ok to ask about here. I have looked everywhere online, it seems, and I can't figure this out. Also, im not sure if this is an issue with MOTU or Behringer.

I've been working on building my home studio for a couple of months now and I figured I should have multiple monitor mixes for when my band comes over to record. I have two guitar amps mic'd up and use an electric drum set via usb to the computer. I bought the powerplay system along with ADAT cables and plugged them into the 8pre. I have the output of the interface going into the input of the behringer and the output of the behringer into the input of the interface. I am not sure how to route the audio in the pro audio control through to the powerplay system. Im using a VST in my DAW to create the sound for the drumst so im also not sure how to add the drumset in the pro audio control. Any advice would be immensly appreciated!

read more...
    0 14
    • Ben792
      PatMurphy Not sure how you have it connected, but the P16i has INPUTS ONLY on the back. 16 analogue TRS connectors or 2 ADAT (8 channels each). These are the signals into the P16i. The only outputs on the p16i are UltraNet which go to the PM16 units or a P16D (if you get one) for distributing extra channels. In your case you will need to set up routing so the individual outputs of the pre8 for each channel feeds the p16i. I am assuming that you use the ADAT channels for that. That is how the two guitars would work. For the drums, I am not sure how you have that set up on computer...would need more information.
      • Jan 31
  • New
    WilliamCLuff
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-08

My P16-m is flashing all red across all channels with no response from any buttons. 

0 55
    • WilliamCLuff
      GaryHiggins You may need to start a repair ticket BUT I vaguely recall a mute or a save function where flashing buttons are a resulting part of the process. I’ll check.
      • Jan 9
  • New
    jmeacham
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-05

The Behringer P16-M quick start guide tells me how to link channels and how to add them to groups, but I haven't been able to find out how to unlink two channels or remove a channel from a group if they were linked/grouped by mistake.  Does anyone know how to do this?

read more...
    0 521
  • New
    CourtneyJ_Dotha
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-12-02

We have an X32 Rack we use for an in ear system. It is currently set up with 2 S8 splitters and I have a 16-channel snake going out to connect to FOH. I need to expand that to 32 inputs and 16 monitor sends but want to avoid the 2 extra splitters and the extra snake.  I know I can get 1 or 2 S16’s for the expansion.  We do not use our own FOH board and rely on each venue’s FOH equipment.  I know if the venue has Midas or Behringer we are good with cat 5.   Will other brands mixers accept the cat5 feed?  What’s my best solution to this?

read more...
    0 27
    • CourtneyJ_Dotha
      DaveMorrison No other mixer brands support AES50. DANTE can be implemented on most every mixer, but it's usually optional just as it is with Behringer/Midas.
      • December 2, 2021
    • CourtneyJ_Dotha
      CourtneyJ_Dotha

I will need to have 2 drops. 1 on stage right and 1 on stage left. Do I need to have an S8 Splitter, an SD8 stage box(or S16) and tails coming from each box? Then cat5 from each box to the X32 rack?

• December 5, 2021
  • New
    daveh13
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-19

Hi,

I wonder what is the size/diameter of the hole below this monitor if I want to use a classic stand, not a mic stand : 35mm, 25 mm, 16mm ?

Thanks for your help.

0 112
    • daveh13
      daveh13

Hmmmm.... it does not help very much I'm afraid.... :-(

• November 19, 2021
    • daveh13
      Paul_Vannatto I believe the B105D is a smaller and simpler version of the B207MP3 which comes with a plug adapter that goes into the bottom hole to mount it on a standard mic stand (with the 5/8" thread). If that is the case, then no it won't go on a speaker stand. These small speakers are designed to be used a spot monitors, not for main speakers.
      • November 19, 2021
    • daveh13
      Dale_M try again
      • November 19, 2021
  • New
    mikeyd23
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-11-01

Hi All, 

Quick question, which has probably been asked before, so apologies in advance. I'm running P16M as personal monitors for the worship team at my church - our FOH mixer is the X32 Compact.

I want to send a stereo mix of all the drum mics to the P16s. I was easily able to send all the drum mic channels to a Mix Bus, and then assign that Mix Bus to channel 1 of the P16s, which gave me a mono mix of all the drum mics. I'd like to get that in stereo so I can pan the drum mics in the band's in ears. 

I think I need to link Mix Buses together on the X32 Compact, and then also link say, channels 1 and 2 together on the P16s? But I wasn't able to figure out exactly how to get it all to work properly.

Is there a simple way to link Mix Buses and then have that show up as channels 1 and 2 linked together on the P16s, so I can easily blend the volume and panning of the individual drum mic channels?

Thanks in advance for any help!

read more...
    0 147
    • mikeyd23
      Paul_Vannatto Channel strips (including channels, mixbuses, matrix, etc.) are linked odd/even on their config screen. So select the desired mixbus (either odd or even), select the config screen and press the 2nd encoder (and confirm), understand that it will link odd/even, not even/odd. Once linked each mono channel send will have a fader and pan.

Next, on the Ultranet screen, assign the mixbus pair to 2 of the outputs to send them to the P16.

On the P16 QSG (page 24), it explains how to stereo link 2 channels "Create stereo channels by pressing the LINK button and then any pressing any CHANNEL SELECT button. The related adjacent channel will get stereo-linked".
      • November 1, 2021
      • Behringer P16M - Stereo Drum Mix Question
        mikeyd23 Understood! Makes sense to me. So - specifically, I could send individual channels to, lets say Mix Bus 1. Then I can link that to Mix Bus 2. How exactly do you then control the panning? Do I need to select that Mix Bus and just pan each channel? Or does one control volume and the other panning? Also, how exactly do I assign that to the P16 via routing? Do I assign Mix Bus 1 to channels 1 and 2 of the P16, or Mix Bus 1 to channel 1 and Mix Bus 2 to channel 2. Thanks again!
        • November 1, 2021
    • mikeyd23
      Paul_Vannatto First link the mixbus pairs (eg mixbus 1 & 2). Then select the desired channel, then the Sends screen. The 3rd encoder will be the fader and the 4th encoder will be the pan. To be honest, it is much easier using the X32-Edit app (for Windows, Mac, linux, or Raspberry Pi).

For the routing, as I mentioned above, on the Routing, Ultranet screen, assign the mixbuses to 2 outputs (eg. mixbus 1 to output 1 and mixbus 2 to output 2).
      • November 1, 2021
      • Behringer P16M - Stereo Drum Mix Question
        mikeyd23 Great, thanks so much for the help. I'll give this a shot!
        • November 1, 2021
  • New
    JuanRuiz
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-10-31

Hello! I been trying to understand what are the nominal and max input levels for the P2 (dBu). I wold like to send a proper level from the X32 mixer, with out saturating the input stage of the P2. I have looked into the Quick Start Guide and PID but that info is missing.

read more...
    0 19
    • JuanRuiz
      PedroRodrigues Hi JuanRuiz, thank you for your post, please follow the link below to submit an assistance request directly to our Tech Support Team so we can assist you on this matter with more tools. Thank you
      • November 1, 2021
Go to page