Statistics

240,855 members
117,074 posts
  • mrbrettclark
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-12
    I have a Midas Pro2c and my musicians use the new DP48. I want to be able to talk to my musicians dp48s. Suggestions on how to make that happen? We used to be able to do it through our line 6 in-ear packs.
    0 71
    • mrbrettclark
      Paul_Vannatto If you are using the latest DP48 firmware (1.4), you can use AES50 chan 48 (both directions) as talkback. At least we can with the X32/M32 and Wing.
      • July 12, 2020
    • mrbrettclark
      Nigel67 Hi Brett, the DP48 only works at 44.1 or 48K whereas the PRO2C is 96K. You would need a DN9650 with an AES50 card to downsample from 96 to 48K. The channel info (LCD scribble colour/name/icon) from Pro Series is not shared to DP48 via AES50.
      • July 13, 2020
    • mrbrettclark
      ramagochi Unfortunately there is not a Pro version of the DP48 (A poor fix as Nigel wrote), a shame
      • September 10, 2020
  • keeganmccarthy
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-09
    Hello all, I just got a DP48 which I am super excited to use! I did have a question about the compression settings. From what I can tell the only control over the amount of compression is a percentage. Is there a way to see and change the more in depth settings of the compressor, such as knee and ratio?
    read more...
    0 43
    • keeganmccarthy
      Paul_Vannatto The percentage of compression is the only control available. All other settings are fixed internally.
      • July 9, 2020
  • YTS82Z
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-07
    Dear friends of the tribes I'm using the DP48 as a headphone monitor mixer in the studio with the M32R and a DAW running on a stationary computer, no big issues, BUT I also do gigging and tracking in rehearsal rooms and live, and for that purpose, I made a nice portable rig, with the same studio quality, by using the DP48 as a mini mixer with a DL16 , a KT DN9630 and a macbook. The latter DN9630 and macbook when tracking. For live performances, I intended to use the SD card player of the DP48, which also is the mixer and I/O for FOH and monitor through the DL16. Now for every firmware update, Midas has managed to remove functionality, add new features and introduce new errors. All the struggles I've had with AES50 on this unit, is a separate story (upstream/downstream bugs, distortion, mandatory 8 ch AES50 out instead of the 4ch, now using up all the DL16's outputs etc.), but right now, with firmware 1.4 it seems as the AES50 A & B finally works as described, but now the SD card playback doesn't give any sound. It is recording and it's also playing back, but no sound. Output source A and B are selected and the volumes are up :-) Anybody tried this? I'm not able to play live with the SD card now, do I have to wait for firmware 1.5? It seems as Midas/Behringer don't do proper functional tests before firmware releases - do You remember the M32 fader speed thing :-) Any help most appreciated Best regards Niels
    read more...
    0 89
    • YTS82Z
      DavidKnighton Hello YTS82Z. This has been reported and confirmed as an issue with 1.4 firmware. A fix is already on the way. I have reports that the issue is not present on earlier firmware, so you may be able to downgrade the firmware in the meantime while waiting for the new update.
      • July 9, 2020
      • DP48 firmware 1.4 No SD card playback?
        YTS82Z Hi David. That's good news - Thank You.. As Nigel subsequently points out, it seems the problem will be solved within short, so I will wait for the official update. By the way, earlier fw revisions, e.g. version 1.3 also had its flaws, namely some issues in the AES50 streams when daisy chaining, which I do, so that ain't the way for me :-)
        Best regards
        Niels
        • July 10, 2020
    • YTS82Z
      Nigel67 Hi YTS82Z, I have a Beta version with a fix in that has been tested and confirmed fixed. if you would like to try this I would be more than willing to e-mail it over if you are interested. It is a Beta version though but we would be interested to have someone external test it and see that all the bugs are fixed. Send me your e-mail address if you are interested. I am told that this Beta candidate should be ready for release Monday or Tuesday next week, so if you could hang on til then.
      • July 9, 2020
        YTS82Z Hi Nigel. Thank You for fast reponse, it's most appreciated. Since I'm up for vacation next week, I will wait for the official update to be released. I will give You a feedback, when I've tried it out.
        Best regards
        Niels
        • ·
        • July 10, 2020
    • YTS82Z
      Indiana Just saw that version 1.5 is up on the website and should fix this issue.
      • July 17, 2020
        YTS82Z Hi Josh
        • July 18, 2020
        YTS82Z Thank You I will try it out this weekend. Best regards Niels
        • ·
        • July 18, 2020
    • YTS82Z
      YTS82Z Hi all
      FW 1.5 is released, and it corrects the SD card playback issue. When I got the time, I'll check, that other functions remain okay as well. Thank You Midas/Nigel for fast action on this, it's most appreciated.
      Best regards
      Niels
      • July 22, 2020
  • kennylaw
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-06-27
    Trying to set up monitor for vocalist in vocal booth. I need some help on this, I am trying to set up a send to headphones for vocalist.... is there a video or something that can help me do this...
    0 64
    • kennylaw
      kennylaw Do i need a headphone amp etc... just learning on the whole thing called the M32...
      • June 27, 2020
    • kennylaw
      RexBeckett Select the target Mixbus, press the Sends on Fader button and raise the faders for the channels you want included in the monitor mix. Route the Mixbus to one of the console outputs through the Out 1-16 and XLR pages.

The console outputs are not suitable for driving headphones directly. A small headphone amp, like the Powerplay P2, would fix that. See this thread for cabling details:https://community.musictribe.com/discussions/77059/237996/using-the-powerplay-p2-for-wired-iem
      • June 27, 2020
  • jojojoshua
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-06-22
    Recently installed 6 DP48 with a Wing console for our church. Question is concerning storage of presets on the DP48. When you store a preset, does it store both the A and B mixes on the one storage slot? Is there a way to store A and B mixes independently? we are using the A mix for our stationary musicians and the B mix fed back to the Wing and routed out to wireless IEMs for the vocalists. The musicians are usually the same but the vocalists change from week to week and it would be great if they could save their mixes separately from the musicians. In regards to the 8 channels returned on the AES50. Does anyone know if anything is on 7 and 8? Channels 1 and 2 are the A mix. 3 and 4 are the B mix. 5 and 6 appear to be the ambient mics. Thanks for the help.
    read more...
    0 59
    • jojojoshua
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Eric, Yes both A and B mix are stored in the presets. Currently there is no way to separate the mixes. I had started developing a DP48 editor app last summer, but ran into a snag with the required checksum that has to be generated and added to the end of the file. When I get a chance, I'll try again to complete the app.

Channels 7/8 are the Line In L/R
      • June 22, 2020
  • Indiana
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-06-08

Ok just received 4 of the DP48's and updated the firmware this evening. So when in dual mixer mode, when setting the group channel assignments, and channel levels, how do you set them up for each mix A and B? Or are these settings global for both mix A and B? 

read more...
    0 94
    • Indiana
      GaryHiggins

@__JAG__ 

The sources are the same for both, the mixes of the sources is what can be made different.

• June 8, 2020
    • Indiana
      Indiana

So the group sources and levels are the same for each, correct? Then you can individually control levels of each group for Mix A and B? That is what I'm seeing. 

• June 8, 2020
      • DP48 Edit and Assign
        LTisdale Correct. You can also control the pans of each group independently in each mix as well as the levels.
        • June 12, 2020
    • Indiana
      Indiana Just found out yesterday that there is a bug in the firmware. The outputs coming back from the DP48's are not working. It works on the first unit, but the subsequent units put out static. I went down to version 1.2 firmware and the issue is no longer there. So it is an issue with the 1.3 firmware. And I do have a ticket in on the issue. I have seen someone else who noticed the same issue as well.
      • June 12, 2020
  • pdenenberg
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-03-26

Hi All (especially Midas engineers)-- 

I am interested in building a DP48 system (with Hub4) to replace our P16 systems for several touring setups I production manage. I cannot do this for real until we are able to disable the solo function when hovering over the 48 stem sources (to adjust the 12 stem mix levels). Please let us know if this is coming soon? Our musicians can't have the metronome or rest of their mix disappearing every time they want to tweak a submix mid-performance!

Thank You

read more...
    0 177
    • pdenenberg
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Peter @pdenenberg 

The developers are aware of this. No ETA yet.

• March 26, 2020
    • pdenenberg
      pdenenberg

Hi Paul-

I see new firmware today but no solo-mode updates. Any news on a timeline for that please?

Thx

• May 21, 2020
    • pdenenberg
      pdenenberg

Hi- It has been over a year and still no fix, please! WE REALLY NEED THIS OPTION, Click goes away when editing mix!

• Thu at 10:12 AM
  • MichalNiezbecki
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-03-18

Hi,

In the DP48 manual I have found that info:

"Midas PRO SERIES and M32 console input channel labelling and colour information transmitted to DP48 personal monitor mixer via AES50 input channels.”

Midas PRO works at 96 kHz, DP48 at 44.1/48 kHz.

Is that info from the manual correct?

How to run it together, DP48 and Midas PRO Series?

How to broadcast channel labeling and colours from Midas PRO?

Unfortunately I can't open support ticket, several times I was tried I only got "Encountered an error, please submit again." message.

Best regards,

MN

read more...
    0 200
    • MichalNiezbecki
      Roblof

The missing information is that there will be a bridge between the pro-series and dp48. This piece of hardware is yet to be released.

• March 21, 2020
    • MichalNiezbecki
      colino_ltapl

Hi MN,

This is a good question and i was exploring this option too. What i could think of was using the KT9650 with AES50 card running on 48kHz, goes back down into the Midas HUB4 which you can distribute them into the DP48. 

The another thought i had was if we are going to sell DP48 to other console platforms where if they are running DANTE/MADI consoles, what is the in between. I could think of the KT9652, with AES50 card and DANTE or MADI card, which other console can send in the direct outs. 

BUT also, if we are going to do that. how is DP48 going to get the Channel labels as only M32 can broadcast the console labeling and get it label on the DP48 when you are doing your adjustment or assignments. Or maybe if there is an Excel sheet that we can follow, transfer it to the SD card and get all channels to be labelled. 

Currently i am waiting for my AES50 cards to arrive so i can test it out on the 9650 and 9652 which i have them too. 

I hope to share more with you guys upcoming and learn more together too. 

Wishing you all staying safe and take care too. 

• May 8, 2020
  • RalphHopstaken
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-03-11

I was curious if it is possible to use a Lan power injector to supply power into the AES50 to the DP48. I did use it with the P16 and that worked perfectly.

it wil be used to put the original DP48 power supply in the flightcase where all the monitor stuff is in and only use the cat5 aes50 to the DP48

read more...
    0 300
    • RalphHopstaken
      GaryHiggins

@RalphHopstaken 

Hello, I can't answer your question but was curious as to which injector you used for p16? I had toyed with this idea but never tried any.

• March 10, 2020
    • RalphHopstaken
      RexBeckett

@RalphHopstaken 

According to the specifications, the DP48 PoE conforms to IEEE802.3af so it should run from an injector that meets the same standard.

DP48.PNG

• March 10, 2020
    • RalphHopstaken
      RalphHopstaken

@GaryHiggins  you can use every power injector as long it has the same power input connector live the original power supply from the p16. I use something like on the picture below

poe power injector.jpg

• March 11, 2020
    • RalphHopstaken
      Paul_Vannatto

@RalphHopstaken I would not recommend using a POE injector as shown for the DP48, since it would require the removal of the ethercon shells from the ends of the AES50 cables. 

• March 11, 2020
    • RalphHopstaken
      RalphHopstaken

@Paul_Vannatto you can't use that power injector for the PD48 because those are only 100mbit/sec but for the P16 they work great. for what you sy about the shield insite the m32 or DP48 the schield ends on the shassis so after that there is no connectionif you use cat 6 there is enough shielding and i use only max 10 meter of cable and only to one DP48

• March 13, 2020
  • RalphHopstaken
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-03-11

Hello,

Is it possible to disable the solo function when adjusting the Volume of an individual channel in a group?

the reason I ask is when I use PD48 when I'm playing and notice that for instance a vocal in a assigned vocal group needs adjustment . When I press the Vocal group button and press Edit to adjust the volume of one vocal it solo's so i can't hear my own (keyboards) playing and the rest of the band any more.

read more...
    0 104
Go to page