Statistics

227,656 members
102,425 posts
  • New
    abc12
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-21

I have a Behringer Eurolive B205 150 watt monitor.

Is there a case or cover I can buy for it and if so where can I buy it?

Stuart Hillier

0 13
    • abc12
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Stuart, I have 2 B205 and one B207MP3 spot monitors and have used some night bags that I had kicking around. They can also be found at Walmart in their luggage section.
      • Apr 21
  • New
    aurasystems
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-21

Howdy ya'll, 

I am currently running an M32 with a DL251.  

I picked up  2x P16-D and 9x P16-M.  I have to run an Ultranet home run from FOH to the stage.  

To get around this, I was thinking about adding a DL16 that would serve as a drum drop and provide me with an Ultranet run to the stage.  

So, is it possible to run all of this gear togther?  In other words, can use the DL251 and the DL16 on the same AES run & still use the Ultranet coming out of the DL16?   Is there a clock issue, or ther issues I am not aware of?

Eventually it would be cool to get the Midas personal monitors, but I have to work with what I've got for the moment. That and the Pro2C will have to wait. 

Thank you in advance, 

read more...
    0 10
    • aurasystems
      Paul_Vannatto Yes you can add a DL16 to your eco-system. If you want it on the same AES50 cable, you would have to place it in between the console and the DL251, since the DL16 is designed for cascading stageboxes, whereas the DL251 is not.
      • Apr 21
    • aurasystems
      DavidKnighton Hello aurasystems,
      Paul's comment is spot on, however I might add that adding the DL16 with the DL251 will result in 16 less channels on from the DL251. The reason for this is because AES50 bandwidth allows up to 48 channels on a single run. This means you'd get 16 channels from DL16 and 32 channels from DL251. Probably not a huge deal breaker since M32 will only accept up to 40 inputs maximum. My suggestion would be to run separate AES50 lines for both stageboxes.

One other thing to mention, if you're planning on a Pro2C down the road, know that neither the P16, DL16, or DP48 are directly compatible with the Pro2C. You will need additional hardware to get them all playing nicely, due to the fixed sample rate of 96KHz.
      • Apr 21
  • BarryWoodward
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-13

All of the ie amps that I purchased new are only working in the left channel.   I have try 3 different ei phones and thet are all the same. 

0 14
    • BarryWoodward
      GaryHiggins There is a switch inside by battery to change from mono to stereo, likely they may be set to mono
      • Apr 13
    • BarryWoodward
      StephenEvans I'd bet it's the other way round, that it is set to stereo and you're feeding it from a mono output
      • Apr 14
  • New
    Errol
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-02

Does anyone know if the DP48 Monitoring System can be used with the Midas MR16 Mixer? Or if there is a solution how this can be configured?

0 27
    • Errol
      DaveMorrison No. The DP48 only communicates using the AES-50 protocol. The MR16 doesn't.
      • Apr 2
    • Errol
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Errol, since the DP48 uses the AES50, the MR18 (or any of the M-Air/X-Air consoles) cannot use the DP48. The only solution is to upgrade to the X32 Rack (or any X32 or M32).
      • Apr 2
    • Errol
      Dale_M No as mentioned there is no AES50 available on the X-AIR products
      • Apr 3
  • New
    Gator1957
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-20

I have a Behringer Eurolive Speaker.  The fuse and housing popped out and I need a replacement.  Does anyone know where I can find one?

0 18
    • Gator1957
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi Gatpr1957, if you have not yet done so I would recommend submitting a parts request. To do this go to support at the top of the page and scroll down to parts and fill out the form that shows once you click on the tab.
      • Mar 20
  • New
    tone_crafter
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-03-19

We are currently using firmware v1.4 on our 4x DP48s. Can someone point me to a full revision history from v1.4 to the latest v2.0. I can only find revision history for v2.0. Is there a full user manual to go with this firmware? All I can find is the quickstart guide and that is for v1.3 of firmware.

Has anyone update to this firmware version and can vouch for it's stability/reliability?

read more...
    0 44
    • tone_crafter
      GaryHiggins DP48 firmware historical

Version 1.2 - (16 December 2019)
      The DP48 Firmware Update 1.2 features performance enhancements to the personal monitoring mixer’s operating system. Firmware 1.2 adds:
      * Remote configuration of DP48 Groups and channel assignments, including Level and Pan settings, directly from Midas M32* series mixing console GUI 

* Automatic adjustable ducking of ambience microphones during the performance, depending on signals coming in over AES50 

* 12 new external preset storage slots on SD card 

* Stand-alone mode can now be used with AES50 stage-boxes such as DL32 or DL16 

* M32* console time is now received over AES50. This allows timestamped SD recording files 

* Mix A/B Limiter activity is now displayed on the meter overview screen 

* My Group controls the playback level, while a track is selected for playback on the SD Recorder 

* Upstream of local AUX-Input and built in Microphones to AES50-Stream for sharing click or backing tracks and communication to the Engineer 

* Close boot screen by pressing MIX A or MIX B * Requires mixer fw 4.01 or higher

MIDAS DP48 Firmware Update Version 1.3 ( May 2020)

New Features 1.3

• 2 separate stereo reverb processors for separation between Mix A and B

• Stereo mode for assigning and editing two channels of a Group at the same time (long press)

• Reverb sends are now post-fader separately for Mix A/B

• New idle screen with Group names and pre-fader metering overview

• Quick Group renaming by selecting from a list of common names (long press on idle screen)

• MIX A/MIX B ‘Meter Screen’ same as idle screen but showing A/B post-fader levels

• Talkback function using the internal microphones in conjunction with HUB4

• Talkback signal will be exchanged between all DP48 mixers and M32 consoles via CH48

• Automatic configuration if Talkback is active:

o Add CH48 to assignment of Group 12

o Rename Group 12 to ‘Talkback’

o Activate ‘MIC +20dB’ in Setup

• Configure Talkback in Setup, press and hold MIC button to speak

Improvements

• FX return default value set to -10 dB

• ID and enumeration bugs in remote operation fixed

• Master units update local preset copy when a X32 broadcast message is received

• Remote function: group names are sent to remote unit

• Group PAN had no effect when the group was assigned to a MIX as MY-Group

• Work on local preset when the remote ID is master

• Better AES50 error management and faster recovery

• DP48 on HUB4 master port for remote control

• Missing X32 messages improved

MIDAS DP48 Firmware Update Version 1.4 (2020-06-17)
      Welcome
      New Features 1.4
      * Regular group solo function replaces automatic group solo in edit mode (to enable use long press on GROUP button) 

* Automatic 10 dB assignment-solo dim Improvements 

* Daisy-Chain upstream bug fixed (introduced with FW1.3) 

* Stereo-Assignment when resetting device fixed (introduced with FW1.3) 

MIDAS DP48 Firmware Update Version 1.5 (2020-07-15)
      Welcome

New Features 1.5
      • Sending control and name commands through stage boxes Improvements
      • SD-Card recording bug fixed (introduced with FW1.4)

MIDAS DP48 Firmware Update Version 1.6 (2020-10-12)
      Welcome
      New Features 1.6
      * Volume control changed to smoother linear operation. 

* Full compatibility to new DP48 Console-Remote including stereo link control. 
(introduced with X32/M32 Firmware 4.03) 
Improvements 

* Bugfix for multiple DP48 in a chain all indicated as Master-Devices. 

* Pan law gain changed from 6dB to 3dB for improved stereo imaging. 

* The purple frame for slave devices is now only visual when active remote control is taking place. 

* Bugfix for post fader reverb send in conjunction with MY GROUP control.

MIDAS DP48 Firmware Update Version 1.7 (Oct 2020)

Midas DP48 Firmware UpdateVersion 1.7  

This update introduces a wealth of new features that help simplifying setup, improve overview and provide new means of communication for all live performance and studio production applications, where musicians are in control of their own monitor mix.Midas is constantly adding new features and making enhancements to this extremely stable ecosystem of digital mixers, I/O boxes and personal monitoring mixers. This means you always experience the best possible performance. Visit midasconsoles.com and check for updates of your products regularly. Download the latest firmware for DP48 and HUB4, and make sure the latest versions will be installed to both.

New Features 1.7

• Mirror Mix A on Mix B output in singlemode.

Improvements
      • Fix for saving master parameters if powering off while remote controlling.
      • Fix for stereo link assignment and indication on booth channels in a pair, while working remotely.
      • Fix for passing on wrong AES50 information of connected devices in a chain.
      • Fix for pre fader reverb send when using MY GROUP in singlemode.
      • Refresh assign page after being remote controlled by master.

Midas DP48 Firmware Update
      Version 1.8 - (23 November 2020)
      Welcome
      Congratulations on purchasing this innovative personal monitoring system. This update introduces a quickfix for an crossdependent issue with the post-fader reverb send when using MYGROUP in single mode.
      Midas is constantly adding new features and making enhancements to this extremely stable ecosystem of digital mixers, I/O boxes and personal monitoring mixers. This means you always experience the best possible performance. Download and install the latest firmware for DP48 and HUB4 to make use of the latest Features and Improvements.
      Improvements
      • Fix for crossover MIX A-B/ MIX B-A pre-fader FX send issue in single mode

Version 1.9 - (4 December 2020)
      Welcome
      Congratulations on purchasing this innovative personal monitoring system. This update is fixing and improving the loading of presets.
      Midas is constantly adding new features and making enhancements to this extremely stable ecosystem of digital mixers, I/O boxes and personal monitoring mixers. This means you always experience the best possible performance. Download and install the latest firmware for DP48 and HUB4 to make use of the latest features and improvements.
      Bugfixes
      • Fix for preset loading issues
      Improvements
      • Improved preset loading with active Remote-

Version 2.0 - (5 February 2021)
      Welcome
      Congratulations on purchasing this innovative personal monitoring system. This update is fixing issues related to the PAN and EQ when using dual MY GROUP in single mode.
      Midas is constantly adding new features and making enhancements to this extremely stable ecosystem of digital mixers, I/O boxes and personal monitoring mixers. This means you always experience the best possible performance. Download and install the latest firmware for DP48 and HUB4 to make use of the latest features and improvements.
      Bugfixes
      • Fix for PAN and EQ issues when using dual MY GROUP in single mode
      • Mar 19
      • DP48 firmware
        GaryHiggins BTW I believe 2.0 is stable, I have not used it much to be honest but do not recall many (or any) complaints regarding bugs.
        • ·
        • Mar 19
  • New
    DouginAlaska
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-11

I have a HoW installed M32R connected to a DL16 stagebox thru AES50-A.  How do I configure AES50-B on the DL16 to send to the daisy-chained DP48s used as IEMs on stage? Currently, the DP48s are connected directrly to the M32R on AES50-B on a CAT5 mess along the floor edge. If I could run the DP48s off the AES50-B from the DL16, I would be able to avoid running cable thru the ventilation system, crawl spaces, walls, and drop ceiling to get to the DL16 in the rack at FOH. Will the Hub4 do this or is there a more economical solution?

read more...
    1 24
    • DouginAlaska
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Doug, you can daisy-chain the DL16 and the DP48, understanding that the first 8 outputs from the M32 will be assigned for DL16 outputs. These will also pass through (downstream) to the DP48. It also means that you will only have AES50 9-48 available for the DP48.

The other issue is the upstream signals (see page 6 in the DL16 User Manual). These are shifted one bank over when passing through the stagebox. This will be important if you plan on using the talkback functionality of the DP48 for the musicians to communicate with FOH, because the talkback on the DP48 is on AES50 channel 48. Therefore when passing through the DL16 to the M32, the talkback will disappear. This is why it is recommended to either have the DP48's fed by the other AES50, or get a Hub4 which has a true pass through.
      • Mar 11
      • Routing DP48s thru DL16
        GaryHiggins Very helpful advice! Makes perfect sense when I think more about it. I have not used them in a stage box daisy chain but I am going to note this for future reference.
        • Mar 12
  • New
    ja2903
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-04

mi p16m no se conecta a los demas p16m y no conecta luz de ultranet tengo 4 en total y solo funcionan 3

0 23
    • ja2903
      Nigel67 Hi, if your unit has stopped working, please send in a Service Ticket and the team will take care of this. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. This will open a new window. Scroll down and click on the Service tab and submit a ticket. Many thanks
      • Mar 3
    • ja2903
      ja2903 thanks
      • Mar 4
  • New
    PowerOne
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-27

Interested in purchasing the Powerplay Ha 8000 and would like to know if it will work in tandem with the p16 personal mixer  

0 20
    • PowerOne
      RexBeckett Hi PowerOne, is your plan to use the HA8000 to feed multiple headphones from a single P16-M? This should work provided everyone is happy to have the same monitor mix.

In my experience, musicians usually want individual monitor mixes. I don't see that the HA8000 would be much help with this.
      • Feb 27
  • New
    WillemKrabbe
    Regular Contributor - Level 1
    2021-02-24

Hi,

I noticed i can only assign an aes channel once to a group. When assingning the same channel to a second group it dissapears from the first group.
    This is logical but.

When i want to use the DP48 for  two musicians it could actually be helpfull to assign  the channels to 2  different groups.
    Because then user 1 can use group 1 for (example) drums and adjust the individual channels to his own flavour. User 2 can use group 2 for drums and adjust the individual channels for his own flavour.

Is there a possibility to change this in future firmware?

Willem

read more...
    0 19
    • WillemKrabbe
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Willem, unfortunately it is not possible to assign a channel to more than one group, due to the assignment design.
      • Feb 24
      • DP48
        WillemKrabbe Thanks for your quick reply. Pity though it's not possible.
        • Feb 24
Go to page