Statistics

290,122 members
172,718 posts
  • New
    Mick1951
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-15

Hi folks. First let me say that I am a musician/singer, not a sound tech so please take it easy on me. Our sound tech recently changed from a Presonus to the Behringer XR18. The Presonus came with an app that allowed me to connect via my iPhone and set my own personal levels on my ear monitors. My questions are two. First, is there a Behringer App that allows me to connect and set my own personal ear monitor levels? Second, if not, is there a third party app recommended, or if failing that, what is the community's thoughts on the best one among third party apps.

Thanks for being patient with me, I'm a good end user but not a good tech.

read more...
    0 11
    • Mick1951
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Mick, yes there is the official app for personal monitor mixes called MX-Q. But the 3rd party app, called Mixing Station is far superior (with a minimum cost). The one advantage of Mixing Station is if you ever have an opportunity to provide music at an event that has the X32, M32, Wing, Soundcraft, A&H, etc., Mixing Station can be used for those as well. All you have to do is pay a minimum fee for additional licence.
      • Mar 15
  • New
    kevonavitch
    Contributor - Level 1
    2022-03-04

Looking to use the HUB4 to add two monitor outputs for IEMs.

Here is the AES50 setup: MIDAS M32C <> SD8 <> HUB4

The M32C is a dedicated monitor mixer. I use ports 1 to 3 on the HUB4 to send PoE and channels to 3 DP48s. The stationary musicians plug their in ears directly into the DP48s. I have 8 mono monitor mixbuses routed to the outputs of the SD8, which are plugged into 8 (mono) IEM transmitters. I'm looking to add two more (mono) wireless IEMs channels but I'm maxed out on the SD8.

Is it possible to use two of fourth port channels, which seem to be assigned to AES50 channels 45-48, to carry the two additional mixbuses? (I'd just assign the two mixbus outputs to AES50 channels 45 and 46, for example.) I'm not in the jam room to test so I am hoping someone can confirm so I can set it up when I go in. But if it is not possible, I'll have to figure a workaround.

Thanks in advance!

Kevin

read more...
    0 5
  • New
    P4bblo
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-20
    I recently purchased a set of Powerplay P2 IEM body packs and with them rechargeable NiMh (1.2V) batteries. 

When I opened the housing of P2, I found that requested battery voltage is 1.5V. Thomann claims P2 to work with rechargeable batteries. I cannot find 1.5V rechargeable AAA batteries for sale anywhere in Europe.

Will 1.2V reachargeable batteries cause damage or malfunction to my Powerplay P2 units?

Or do you have suggestions as to where I might find 1.5V rechargeable batteries?

read more...
    0 49
  • New
    fricia
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-10

Hello everyone

I am currently working on a WING based systems with DP48s and a HUB4. I'm trying to do the following:

WING-A <-> DP48-1 IN/DP48-1 through <-> HUB4 Master/HUB4 through <-> DL32-1 A/DL32-1 B <-> DL32-2 A

I have the follwoing questions regarding this setup:

1. As I understand it this should pass inputs 1 - 16 from DL32-2 to WING-A on AES50-A 33-48. However this is not the case. What does work is the HUB4 sending the talkback from the DP48s to WING-A on channel 48 (but only when taking DP48-1 out of the chain, as the 8 channels that unit inserts at the start of the AES50 stream replace 40-48 and therefore also the talkback). This is the only signal I am able to receive on the WING on AES50-A 33-48.

No routing options on the HUB4 are engaged. The outputs of AES50-A are routed to all DL32s as expected (1-16 duplicated on the XLR outputs of both stageboxes.)

When bypassing the HUB4 and daysichaining only the stageboxes on AES50-A everything works as expected; inputs 1-16 from DL32-2 are combined with inputs 1-32 from DL32-1 on the AES50 stream.

Am I doing something wrong or is this currently not supported?

2. Of course I also have DP48s connected to the hub:

WING-A <-> DP48-1 IN/DP48-1 through <-> HUB4 MASTER/HUB4 Port 1 <-> DP48-2 IN/DP48-2 through <-> DP48-3 IN

In this configuration DP48-1 can only remote control DP48-2 but not DP48-3. When daisychaining DP48s without the HUB4 in between, remote control works for all devices.

Am I doing something wrong or is this currently not supported?

3. I don't really need it in this scenario, but just out of curiosity: When daisychaining two DL32s is it possible to get OUT 1-16 on DL32-1 and OUT 17-32 on DL32-2 on their respective XLR outputs?

Obvioulsy this would all be fixed by running a second CAT cable on AES50-B, but I would very much like to avoid this if possible...

Thanks for your help!

read more...
    0 28
    • fricia
      Paul_Vannatto 1) The upstream signals (DL32 -> Wing) you are getting are because you have included the DP48 in the middle. The DP48 does not pass signals through upstream. If you are using a Hub4, it is better to connect the DP48 to the Hub4 port (1-4). That is the way the Hub4/DP48 package is designed.
      2). Don't put the DP48-1 in between Wing and Hub4. It is not designed for that. If you want to use any DP48 without the Hub4 (instead daisy chain the DP48's), either put them on their own AES50 or daisy chain them at the end (after the DL32).
      3) No. The DL32 accepts only the first and second blocks of AES50 outputs from the Wing. if you want separation (outputs 17-24) use a DL16 or S16/SD8/SD16 where you can select the output blocks.
      • Feb 10
    • fricia
      fricia Hi Paul and thank you very much for your insight!
      I think I wasn't quite clear in that I'm not getting any signals from the second DL32 no matter whether the DP48-1 in between Wing and Hub4 is there or not.
      A couple of firmware updates ago remote control via the sync master port of the Hub4 was introduced. This is what I'm trying to achieve and it seems to me this should be officially.
      Also, I think the DP48s do pass signals through upstream, else you couldn't daisy chain them...
      Here's the thing: When bypassing the Hub4 and going

WING-A <-> DP48-1 IN/DP48-1 through <-> DL32-1 A/DL32-1 B <-> DL32-2 A

I do get all the expected Signals from both DL32s. So the hub4 must somehow overwrite AES50 33-48 right? Which according to all the information I can find it shouldn't?
      • Feb 10
    • fricia
      Paul_Vannatto I just checked what I said with my Wing and DP48 and a stagebox (SD8) configured as such
      Wing <-> DP48 <-> SD8
      Inputs from the SD8 will not pass through the DP48 to the Wing. That is by design.
      Outputs from the Wing will pass through the DP48 to the stagebox (SD8 or DL32)

If you include the Hub4 between Wing and DL32 (Wing <-> Hub4 <-> DL32), the inputs from the DL32 to the Wing will depend on the state of the StageConnect/AES50 A33-48) button. If it is disabled (not lit), all 48 channels of the AES50 from the DL32 (connected to the Hub4 Thru port) will pass through to the Wing. If this button is enabled, AES50 A33-48 will change from the Hub4 to include outputs of the DP48 (1-4) and replace what is coming from the second DL32.

Here is the latest Hub4 Routing diagram
      • Feb 10
    • fricia
      Paul_Vannatto I forgot to mention the new Talkback feature. If the talkback is enabled on the DP48 (and the DP48 is connected to one of the Hub4 ports 1-4), when the Mic button is pressed, the Hub4 will replace AES50 A48 with the talkback signal so that the musician can talk to the FOH engineer. This only works with the Hub4. If using the DP48 by itself, talkback will not work.
      • Feb 10
    • fricia
      Paul_Vannatto I just added this to the Behringer World Wiki for future reference
      https://behringer.world/wiki/doku.php?id=hub4_dp48_routing
      • Feb 10
  • New
    ShaneB717
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-08

We just upgraded from the P16s and love the sound quality. The one thing that we are really looking for in a firmware update would be independent Mix A & B control of the relative levels and panning within each group. We run like instruments on each group, so it would be ideal for each band member to control their group submixes independently.

read more...
    0 14
    • ShaneB717
      Paul_Vannatto Everything you are asking for is already included in the current firmware. In fact, IIRC, they have always been there.
      • Feb 7
  • New
    Gordimus
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2022-02-04

Do you sell replacement covers for the battery compartment. 

0 17
  • New
    Clayton335
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-03

Our S16 snake died and we replaced it. After reconnecting to the Powerplay 16 system, we had limited connection. In-ear monitors worked but we have two hotspots that do not work. Is there something we need to do after installing the new digital snake?

read more...
    0 15
    • Clayton335
      Paul_Vannatto By "Powerplay 16 system" are you meaning the Behringer P16-M personal mixers? If so, what console are you using?
      • Feb 3
      • Powerplay 16 Connection Issues
        Clayton335 We have a Behringer x32 run to the Behringer S16, then to the Powerplay 16 system with personal monitor stations.
        • Feb 4
    • Clayton335
      Paul_Vannatto It sounds like a routing issue. Are the P16's connected to the S16 Ultranet port or the one on the back of the X32?
      • Feb 4
  • New
    Ben792
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-26

I hope this is ok to ask about here. I have looked everywhere online, it seems, and I can't figure this out. Also, im not sure if this is an issue with MOTU or Behringer.

I've been working on building my home studio for a couple of months now and I figured I should have multiple monitor mixes for when my band comes over to record. I have two guitar amps mic'd up and use an electric drum set via usb to the computer. I bought the powerplay system along with ADAT cables and plugged them into the 8pre. I have the output of the interface going into the input of the behringer and the output of the behringer into the input of the interface. I am not sure how to route the audio in the pro audio control through to the powerplay system. Im using a VST in my DAW to create the sound for the drumst so im also not sure how to add the drumset in the pro audio control. Any advice would be immensly appreciated!

read more...
    0 7
    • Ben792
      PatMurphy Not sure how you have it connected, but the P16i has INPUTS ONLY on the back. 16 analogue TRS connectors or 2 ADAT (8 channels each). These are the signals into the P16i. The only outputs on the p16i are UltraNet which go to the PM16 units or a P16D (if you get one) for distributing extra channels. In your case you will need to set up routing so the individual outputs of the pre8 for each channel feeds the p16i. I am assuming that you use the ADAT channels for that. That is how the two guitars would work. For the drums, I am not sure how you have that set up on computer...would need more information.
      • Jan 31
  • New
    dave71129
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-17

Currently I have an out of warranty p16-M that took a fall and now the volume knob is not working. I can feel a lot of play in there. I can replace the pot, but im trying to find the right potentiometer . I can not seem to find the specs on the pots that behringer uses. Has anyone gotten any luck? 

Thank you 

read more...
    0 3
    • dave71129
      Nigel67 Hi dave71129. You can contact the spares team and they will be able to advise you the spec as well as pricing and availability. To contact them, click on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Spare parts tab and submit a ticket. Many thanks
      • Jan 17
  • New
    WilliamCLuff
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-08

My P16-m is flashing all red across all channels with no response from any buttons. 

0 31
    • WilliamCLuff
      GaryHiggins You may need to start a repair ticket BUT I vaguely recall a mute or a save function where flashing buttons are a resulting part of the process. I’ll check.
      • Jan 9
Go to page