Statistics

290,121 members
172,717 posts
  • New
    LarsDamkjaer
    Contributor - Level 3
    2022-01-06

Hi

We have a setup where AES50 A goes from the mixer to a SD16 A. AES50 B from the mixer goes to SD8(1) A port and from SD8(1) B port to SD8(2) A port

Now we bought 1 Midas DP48 and would like to test it out before buying more along with the HUB 4.

I was hoping to be able to connect the Midas DP48 using the AES50 B port from the SD16, but that does not seen to work. If i disconnect the 2 SD8's from the mixers AES50 B port and connect that to the Midas DP48 it works. Then - if I try to connect the SD8's via the Miads DP48 AES through they will not work either.

It should not have anything to do with the routing on the X32 right? 48 channels are always sent from the AES50 no matter what the routing is?

Anyone who can guide me? I Am running V4.02 on the X32 and 2.2 on the Midas DP48

Best regards - Lars

read more...
    0 77
    • LarsDamkjaer
      Paul_Vannatto Hey Lars, update the SD8 and SD16 firmware to the latest and update the X32 to 4.06. There were issues with older firmware with regards to the DP48. I have daisy chained my SD8, SD16 and DP48 successfully (since my Hub4 no longer works).
      • Jan 6
      • AES50 A and B port question (X32, SD16, SD8 and Midas DP48)
        LarsDamkjaer Hi again. This site is ....... I have tried to reply here several times - but it does not seem to get submitted ??
        • Jan 11
    • LarsDamkjaer
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Lars, if you go to the discussion by clicking on the link in the email notification or the notification at the top right, what you post goes into a parallel universe and does not show up in the standard viewing. Also if you reply to a reply, it doesn't bump the discussion to the top of the Recently Updated (on left side). I had to go to page 7 of the discussions to find your response.

Regarding to your questions, channel names are only available if you assign either physical inputs (that have names assigned to them) or channel strips (via User Signals). Those names will pass through to the DP48. Regarding your question of POE, only the Hub4 provides POE, not any of the consoles (X32, M32 or Wing) - same with the P16 (only P16-D, P16-I, SD8 and SD16 provides POE).
      • Jan 11
  • New
    jmeacham
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-05

The Behringer P16-M quick start guide tells me how to link channels and how to add them to groups, but I haven't been able to find out how to unlink two channels or remove a channel from a group if they were linked/grouped by mistake.  Does anyone know how to do this?

read more...
    0 105
  • New
    CourtneyJ_Dotha
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-12-02

We have an X32 Rack we use for an in ear system. It is currently set up with 2 S8 splitters and I have a 16-channel snake going out to connect to FOH. I need to expand that to 32 inputs and 16 monitor sends but want to avoid the 2 extra splitters and the extra snake.  I know I can get 1 or 2 S16’s for the expansion.  We do not use our own FOH board and rely on each venue’s FOH equipment.  I know if the venue has Midas or Behringer we are good with cat 5.   Will other brands mixers accept the cat5 feed?  What’s my best solution to this?

read more...
    0 20
    • CourtneyJ_Dotha
      DaveMorrison No other mixer brands support AES50. DANTE can be implemented on most every mixer, but it's usually optional just as it is with Behringer/Midas.
      • December 2, 2021
    • CourtneyJ_Dotha
      CourtneyJ_Dotha

I will need to have 2 drops. 1 on stage right and 1 on stage left. Do I need to have an S8 Splitter, an SD8 stage box(or S16) and tails coming from each box? Then cat5 from each box to the X32 rack?

• December 5, 2021
  • New
    daveh13
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-19

Hi,

I wonder what is the size/diameter of the hole below this monitor if I want to use a classic stand, not a mic stand : 35mm, 25 mm, 16mm ?

Thanks for your help.

0 79
    • daveh13
      daveh13

Hmmmm.... it does not help very much I'm afraid.... :-(

• November 19, 2021
    • daveh13
      Paul_Vannatto I believe the B105D is a smaller and simpler version of the B207MP3 which comes with a plug adapter that goes into the bottom hole to mount it on a standard mic stand (with the 5/8" thread). If that is the case, then no it won't go on a speaker stand. These small speakers are designed to be used a spot monitors, not for main speakers.
      • November 19, 2021
    • daveh13
      Dale_M try again
      • November 19, 2021
  • New
    KSpeyer
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-03

I am working on upgrading our audio system to Dante for several reasons. But what I would like to do is keep using the HUB4/DP48s for in ears on stage. Can i do this using the DN9650 to send the channels from dante to the HUB4 AES50 port?

0 20
    • KSpeyer
      GaryHiggins Are you already using a DN9630? If you are using a Wing or X32 with Dante cards added (if that's what you are saying) AES50 is still available to connect your Hub4/DP48's and Dante is a separate bus and separate routing but is available at the same time. If not and you are already using a DN9650 I don't see why that would not work. It in fact should work. really well syncing everything.
      • November 4, 2021
  • New
    mikeyd23
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-11-01

Hi All, 

Quick question, which has probably been asked before, so apologies in advance. I'm running P16M as personal monitors for the worship team at my church - our FOH mixer is the X32 Compact.

I want to send a stereo mix of all the drum mics to the P16s. I was easily able to send all the drum mic channels to a Mix Bus, and then assign that Mix Bus to channel 1 of the P16s, which gave me a mono mix of all the drum mics. I'd like to get that in stereo so I can pan the drum mics in the band's in ears. 

I think I need to link Mix Buses together on the X32 Compact, and then also link say, channels 1 and 2 together on the P16s? But I wasn't able to figure out exactly how to get it all to work properly.

Is there a simple way to link Mix Buses and then have that show up as channels 1 and 2 linked together on the P16s, so I can easily blend the volume and panning of the individual drum mic channels?

Thanks in advance for any help!

read more...
    0 87
    • mikeyd23
      Paul_Vannatto Channel strips (including channels, mixbuses, matrix, etc.) are linked odd/even on their config screen. So select the desired mixbus (either odd or even), select the config screen and press the 2nd encoder (and confirm), understand that it will link odd/even, not even/odd. Once linked each mono channel send will have a fader and pan.

Next, on the Ultranet screen, assign the mixbus pair to 2 of the outputs to send them to the P16.

On the P16 QSG (page 24), it explains how to stereo link 2 channels "Create stereo channels by pressing the LINK button and then any pressing any CHANNEL SELECT button. The related adjacent channel will get stereo-linked".
      • November 1, 2021
      • Behringer P16M - Stereo Drum Mix Question
        mikeyd23 Understood! Makes sense to me. So - specifically, I could send individual channels to, lets say Mix Bus 1. Then I can link that to Mix Bus 2. How exactly do you then control the panning? Do I need to select that Mix Bus and just pan each channel? Or does one control volume and the other panning? Also, how exactly do I assign that to the P16 via routing? Do I assign Mix Bus 1 to channels 1 and 2 of the P16, or Mix Bus 1 to channel 1 and Mix Bus 2 to channel 2. Thanks again!
        • November 1, 2021
    • mikeyd23
      Paul_Vannatto First link the mixbus pairs (eg mixbus 1 & 2). Then select the desired channel, then the Sends screen. The 3rd encoder will be the fader and the 4th encoder will be the pan. To be honest, it is much easier using the X32-Edit app (for Windows, Mac, linux, or Raspberry Pi).

For the routing, as I mentioned above, on the Routing, Ultranet screen, assign the mixbuses to 2 outputs (eg. mixbus 1 to output 1 and mixbus 2 to output 2).
      • November 1, 2021
      • Behringer P16M - Stereo Drum Mix Question
        mikeyd23 Great, thanks so much for the help. I'll give this a shot!
        • November 1, 2021
  • New
    JuanRuiz
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-10-31

Hello! I been trying to understand what are the nominal and max input levels for the P2 (dBu). I wold like to send a proper level from the X32 mixer, with out saturating the input stage of the P2. I have looked into the Quick Start Guide and PID but that info is missing.

read more...
    0 17
    • JuanRuiz
      PedroRodrigues Hi JuanRuiz, thank you for your post, please follow the link below to submit an assistance request directly to our Tech Support Team so we can assist you on this matter with more tools. Thank you
      • November 1, 2021
  • New
    Nathan7
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-24

I would like to know if a pre-Sonus studio live mixing Consol will work with Barringer's P 16 monitors?

0 15
  • New
    Alf59701
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-08

Hello, 

My name is Katie and I have an in ear monitoring system through your brand and a couple of ours aren't working. I was wondering if it would be worthwhile to send them in to get them fixed or if it would be faster and easier to buy new ones? Thanks for the help.

read more...
    0 27
    • Alf59701
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Katie, what exactly is not working with your P16? If it is a setting issue, we may be able to help.
      • September 8, 2021
    • Alf59701
      GaryHiggins In addition to what Paul said, IMO, get them fixed if it’s hardware related, no question…even if you buy some new ones. Those are still great units and well worth repairing.
      • September 8, 2021
    • Alf59701
      Alf59701

The entire p16 doesn't work. There's no sound coming through and when it does, it is like you're in a box and there is some hardware issue I believe. How do I go about sending them in for repair?

• September 9, 2021
    • Alf59701
      Paul_Vannatto First check that the limiter is turned all of the way up (clockwise). There have been a few times musician have complained that their P16 wasn't working, only to find out their limiter was turned all the way down.

If you do indeed need the P16 repaired, click on the Support above and fill in the form to create a repair ticket.
      • September 9, 2021
  • New
    rockbill01
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-31

How are you!

I live in Suwon, South Korea, and am an office worker who is interested in sound equipment.

I had an idea for a wireless method during acoustic monitoring for a long time, so I sent it to AVIX & CUOSHOP the official Korean importer of Midas & Behringer, to propose and discuss it.

The wireless WIFI monitoring app development book and STAGE WAVE & other monitoring APP Guide materials are attached as additional materials through AVIX.
    In the future if necessary, we will make it into a translated material and provide it.

Currently, I am in charge of circuit parts in JIG and equipment assembly and manufacturing at Samsung VD and a primary supplier (Na & Na).

In general, in relation to monitoring, it is a form of using one's own smartphone as a monitoring device from a wired method using

Behringer P16-M to a wireless network method using WIFI Router. Innovative products are being launched to support you.

We have analyzed STAGE WAVE App, which is currently the most emerging, and we would like to suggest a way to develop more advanced than

STAGE WAVE App by identifying the improvements in the network of that APP.

Advantages of STAGE WAVE: App compatibility / stability / Low latency possible (latency changes depending on the setting)

Cons: Requires high-performance Router and mid-range performance smart phone
    Amount of high-power WIFI data / Monthly flat rate

Advantages of the New Behringer App (temporary name): Intermediate performance Router / Entry-level Smart Phone support available

Basic output WIFI data amount / Calculation of reasonable monthly fixed amount for users

Development and sales of PC-only and WIFI Router combined (small-scale) models

There are additional materials reviewed and analyzed to make this proposal, and ideas related to Line Up that will be upgraded in the future from

this proposal model are also being prepared.

Please review the contents first, and if you need interest or discussion about my proposal, please message & call.

thank you.

[email protected]

082-10-2780-1587

H.K.Oh (Hong Kyun Oh)

read more...
    0 36
    • rockbill01
      Paul_Vannatto You have already posted this once before and got a response from the company. This is an end user forum. So it is inappropriate to post this here multiple times. Please delete this thread.
      • August 31, 2021
    • rockbill01
      rockbill01

Hello. Paul_Vannatto

Sorry for posting the same content multiple times.

As you said, I clicked the function to delete the discussion, but the content is not deleted normally.

thank you.

H.K.Oh.

• September 1, 2021
Go to page