Statistics

250,523 members
127,690 posts
  • New
    Jewright76
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-09

Can anyone tell me the best way to hook up a elite core pm16 in ear monitor system to the x32 with out using all the output channels?

0 97
    • Jewright76
      Paul_Vannatto Unfortunately, since the Elite Core is not part of Music Tribe, they have their own proprietary ethernet protocol that is not compatible to either the Music Tribe Ultranet or AES50 protocols. I would suggest you retire (or sell) the Elite Core and invest in either the P16 line (using the Ultranet) or the newer Midas DP48 personal mixers (that uses the AES50).
      • Feb 9
    • Jewright76
      StephenEvans You could get something like the Midas HUB4 which has 16 analog outs.
      • Feb 11
  • New
    WDuester
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-02-09

I'm wondering if anyone has used, or could comment, on using CAT5e or CAT6 unshielded cable for a DP48 daisy chain system.

I've already read the 'recommended shielded' information and don't need posts re-iterating the same.

This post is to solicit real world installations where end users may have used unshielded CAT cable and I'm interested in the results and learnings of doing that.

I have an existing CAT network from the M32 mixer to the rack and from the rack to stage boxes that is all unshielded CAT6.  I'm stongly leaning toward migrating to the DP48 personal monitor system.

I'm trying to figure out if I really need to replace all the CAT6 unshielded cable with shielded. Does unshielded really affect the performance of the system?

read more...
    0 129
  • New
    ttengowski
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-04

I have been more than patient with your poor approach to customer service. 

I have a simple P1 that needed to be repaired/replaced under warranty.  I sent it in per your RGA in July to Las Vegas and I have not had any response on the status since November and I still do not have my unit back.  This is beyond unnaceptable. 

My one service ticket has morphed over time into 3 for some reason...probably closed and re-opened since someone is being measured on how long service tickets are open.  Either way, the probelm is not solved.

Just send me my unit back and we can part as friends...

read more...
    0 31
    • ttengowski
      JoeRivers96 Hi ttengowski, many apologies for the inconvenience here. I will ensure this is looked into further for you ASAP.
      • Feb 5
  • New
    Charis4JMP
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-03

We have several power play P1 and I just bought a power play P2. On the P1 there is a stereo to mono button, which in mono allows me to hear stuff in both earbuds. But the P2 only allows for sound in 1 ear, except for when I pull out the 1/4" cable out just slightly. Is there a way to convert the P2 to mono?

read more...
    0 71
    • Charis4JMP
      RexBeckett Hi Charis, the P2 has a mono/stereo switch on the PCB - accessible when the case is opened. When switched to mono, the balanced input will be heard in both ears.
      • Feb 3
      • Power play P2
        Charis4JMP Woohoo! Thank you so very much! I just flipped the switch and will try it out ASAP. May GOD bless you and yours!
        • Feb 3
      • Power play P2
        Charis4JMP I just tried it out and indeed it works! Thank you RexBeckett for your knowledge.
        • ·
        • Feb 4
  • New
    Ja5per
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-29

Hey all I have a weird problem with my p16s related to the P16-D  

I have power coming from the P16-D to all my P16-Ms but only ultranet to half  

channels 1,2,5 & 8 have power and ultranet  and 3,4,6 & 7 are recieving no ultranet signal

can anyone help!?

read more...
    0 71
    • Ja5per
      GaryHiggins Did you try changing the input cat5 to the P16D? Could be bad cables, worth checking if you have not.
      • Jan 28
      • Behringer p16 issue
        Ja5per I have multiple times. I even took it to a friend who has the same set up. And no change.
        • Jan 28
      • Behringer p16 issue
        GaryHiggins You may have tried already but can you try your friends D with your system? Seems like the P16-D may need service (do that from the support icon up top here)
        • Jan 28
  • New
    RevPaThomas
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-26

Hope you guys are well. I am having the weirdest issue with 1 of our DP48s. We are connecting them via HUB4.  For the most part, the system is work well.  We have 1-DP48 that is making a wierd digital noise.  It's only comes from 1 routed channel & that channel is not making that noise on the other 3 DP48 units.  Very strange.  Anyone else experience any weirdness like this?

read more...
    0 77
    • RevPaThomas
      Nigel67 Hi, this unit sounds faulty and needs repairing. Have you tried plugging it directly to the mixer to see if the problem still persists? If so, then I would say it is faulty. You could try re-upgrading the unit to see if that fixes the issue. It could be corrupt software. If it is under 30 days old, then you can go back to the store that you purchased it from and claim a replacement under DOA, or if over 30 days, please click on the Support Tab at the top of the page. In the new page that opens, scroll down and submit a Service ticket.
      • Jan 26
    • RevPaThomas
      GaryHiggins You might also try factory reset. To reset the DP48 to factory default. Select the Setup and SD Record buttons simultaneously. Then select the Reset. Set it up again like it was previously. Do they all have the most recent firmware? I think 1.9 from Dec 2020.
      • Jan 27
  • New
    aurasystems
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-25

Howdy, 

I've got 9x P16-M's and they all of the same issue.  Every single knob & button is sticky.  

Whatever coating was used to finish the knobs and buttons has degraded.  Now you cannot use them without getting goo all over your finger tips.  It reminds me of my old Sony car stereo remote. 

Anyways, I tried summoning the interweb to see if I could find replacement knobs, but I didn't have any luck.  I also tried Behringer.com.

Aside from using Goo-gone and some elbow grease, I don't know what else to do.  Plus, I would rather not spend a lot or time cleaning them. 

Thanks!

read more...
    0 156
  • New
    aurasystems
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-20

I know all of the documentation says to use CAT5e, but I wanted to know if CAT6 works as well. My home runs are all CAT5e, but my jumpers are CAT6. 

We have 1x 300' CAT5e (shielded) reel that runs from M32 (AES) > DL251 (AES). 

My plan is to run another 300' CAT5e from M32 (Ultranet) > 1x P16D > 5x 25' CAT6 > 4x P16M & 1x P16D > 5x 25' CAT6 > 5x P16M

Will this work?

read more...
    0 46
    • aurasystems
      Paul_Vannatto Yes it will. my church use both cat5e and cat6 (all shielded) for their P16D's and P16M's. I also use cat6 and cat7 (all shielded) for my Turbosound iQ speakers (Utranet input) without any issues.
      • Jan 20
    • aurasystems
      aurasystems That is good news. Thank you Paul. I really wish I could run this over AES and avoid the extra home run to the M32. I prefer using he DL251 box for the pro series mic pre amps. Thanks again for your help.
      • Jan 20
    • aurasystems
      Paul_Vannatto If you consider using the Midas Hub4/DP48 instead of the P16M/P16D, you could connect both the Hub4/DP48 and DL251 using one AES50 cable.
      • Jan 20
  • New
    psingletary
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-15

I have a problem with one of my P16-M mixers. The problem I am having:

1. Output of the mixer is mono only.

2. Putting a channel pan (any channel) in the center turns the channel off.

3. Panning the signal either direction gives volume, but mono output only.

Otherwise, the mixer appears normal - no unusual lights, etc. I have reset the individual channels, as well as the 'main/solo/mute while powering' reset.

Does anyone know of any other reset options that may be done on these? Thanks.

read more...
    0 101
    • psingletary
      Paul_Vannatto 1. What mixer are you using? How do you have the mixer and P16-M connected?
      2. and 3. Are you adjusting the pan on the mixer or the P16?
      • Jan 15
    • psingletary
      psingletary This is the PowerPlay 16 digital mixer connected to the P16 (P16-I ?) unit via cat5 cable. I have 3 other P16-M units and all are functioning normally. Just this one unit is acting up. I am adjusting the pans on the P-16-M mixer. https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0421
      • Jan 15
    • psingletary
      Paul_Vannatto Those are important details for troubleshooting, since it rules out the use of the digital mixers, such as the XR18, X32, Wing, etc. that connects directly to the P16 (no P16-I required) but does have P16 routing and settings in the mixer itself.

Since you are using the P16 pan and it is only the one unit acting up, it would suggest that there is a hardware issue in that unit. I would suggest you submit a ticket (click on the Support above).
      • Jan 15
  • New
    JasonSims
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-14

Just started this project

we have a Midas Pro 2 c and Beringher p16's.  How do I route this?  Or how do I connect via Ethernet?

it won't recognize the P-16

0 96
    • JasonSims
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Jason, the P16 uses the Ultranet protocol, which the Pro 2C does not have. The only possible option that I can think of is to get a P16-I and connect it to 16 outputs of the stagebox(s). The P16-I will convert these outputs to the Ultranet which can feed the P16-M's.
      • Jan 14
      • Help! How do I get p-16m to work with a Midas Pro 2 C
        JasonSims Thank you, I was afraid you would say this. I would think that by now AES50 protocol would be compatible at this point to ultranet. With a 5 figure $ console you would think it would work with the p16 like a cheaper x32 or m2.
        • Jan 14
    • JasonSims
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Jason, AES50 cannot be "compatible" to Ultranet. AES50 is 48/48 channel bidirectional protocol whereas Ultranet is 16 channel single directional protocol. That said, the X32/M32 stageboxes use AES50 and converts the last 2 banks (33-48) to an Ultranet port on the back. Unfortunately those stageboxes only work on 44K and 48K (not 96K).

Are you aware of the Midas DP48/Hub4 line of personal monitors that uses the AES50 (instead of Ultranet)? Unfortunately it doesn't currently work with the Midas Pro consoles due to the 96K samplerate.
      • Jan 14
    • JasonSims
      aurasystems Oh no! I cannot believe the DP48/Hub4 doesn't work with the Pro consoles. That is very disappointing.
      • Jan 24
      • Help! How do I get p-16m to work with a Midas Pro 2 C
        Paul_Vannatto They are working on a solution to make it work with the Pro consoles. No ETA at this point.
        • Jan 25
Go to page